Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

Location is great, good view to those houses on the mountain. The atmosphere is just ok, not many interactions with others.

helpful staff, great location. overall, nice hostel

Very nice hostel, clean and bright with a great kitchen. I was worried about getting in as I was arriving after hours and was told to swipe my way in with my credit card, but this worked just fine! The security is good, with large lockable lockers in the room and swipe card access. The hostel wasn't very full when I was there but I nevertheless chatted to several people. There is a supermarket nearby and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Late checkout (12) and option to leave bags.

Very beautiful, clean and well connected hostel. Great staff, especially the 2 blonde girls, very smiling and friendly with anyone!!

Good location - close to train station and a 5 minute walk to cental area. Facilities were all clean and nice, but it took forever to get hot water (sometimes the showers never got warm). Front desk staff was friendly

Thanks for the great review! We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, one of the water heaters broke, and this is why we had problems with the hot water during Easter. However, this water heater has now been fixed, and everything is now ok. We are sorry that this happened though.

Great hostel. The staff was very friendly and the place was incredibly clean.

Marken Gjestehus was amazing!! Super close to the Bergen central train station and close to downtown. The staff is super friendly and eager to help you with any and all questions you have. While you don't get breakfast or have saunas they make up for that by having updated TVs/computer, free iron, big bathroom ensuite your bedroom. A good amount of free food leftover and great kitchen facilities. Free lockers provided in your bedroom is a super plus. Highly recommend!!

Receptionist was very kind and helpful evert part of our trip. I would stay here again next time.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Really nice stay in Bergen. Would stay here again.

Had a pleasant stay here, despite the fact that I was quite sick at the time. The location is smack bang in the middle of the town so I didn't have to walk far to get to things like the Floibanen or the meeting point for the fjord tour I went on. Plenty of bathrooms and showers and the laundry came in handy! There is only one washing machine and dryer, though. I also wish their reception times were extended. Especially earlier on in the morning.

Great hostel in Bergen. Rooms were nice with lockable closets. Well located near the train station in Bergen.

what a great place to stay! we had a great time n the place is very close to the train station! beautiful twin private room with a nice view n so clean! i would def reccomander this place! very good!

• 6th Mar 2015

Excelent staff and amazing system to let the guests that arrive later...

Arrived late at 8pm and found my name and hotel number on the door but needing to swipe my credit card as my key room, very smooth process. Room is clean and beautifully decorated/ designed. Kitchen was available with computer to use and TV to watch (even though I don't understand Norwegian). Very happy stay.

Fantastic location - quick walk from Bryggen, cable car, and the train station. Solid security, but reception closes on the early side. Had a good atmosphere for meeting fellow travelers, though the showers and bathrooms are far from the dorms. Prepare to walk down the hall in your skimpies. No breakfast offered but no charge for lockers. Overall, one of my best hostel experiences.

Location and the women staff are perfect.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Good solid stay in a good solid hostel that deserves its top-shelf reputation. Mid-winter is barely the best time to judge the vibe and atmosphere of a city hostel but it had a warm and agreeable feel even though there were less than a dozen guests using the hostel while I was there. Is very well appointed with generous size lounges and dining area but a few more kitchen utensils, plate ware and cutlery certainly wouldn`t go amiss. Would certainly return and recommend it to others.

Very well located near the train station, friendly staff, well equipped kitchen and we had a wonderful stay there. Recommended!

We had a great experience in this lovely Hostel. Although it wasn't full of people (probably because of the period) the rooms were very big, as well as the ensuite bathroom. I highly recommend the place!! :D

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great place. Close to station and central Bergen. Nice and clean. Stayed in 4 person male room...only one other in the room. Would stay her again for sure.

« first « Prev 1 2 3