Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

Really nice place, very close to the train station, staff was friendly, rooms were clean. It would be more helpful though if they more charging points for the bunk beds. Other than that, the whole stay was perfect!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Bangladesh

The marken Gjesthouse was the nicest and cleanest hostel I've stayed in yet. The staff was really knowledgeable about things to do in the area. The location was great and places around it were close. They had a fully equipped kitchen which was very nice. All in all I had the best stay at the marken Gjesthouse. It was super clean.

Great hostel located 3 mins from train station and 5 mins walk to fish market. Very clean and comfortable!

Really good value for money, comfy beds although mine was incredibly creeky although it seemed to be the only one. easy shower access and great WiFi.

The room was to small .. and the cleanest is poor . Kitchen utility needs tobe renew

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Indonesia

Great place, had some of my best sleeps in this hostel. Felt more like a hotel then hostel. I would recommend and stay here again!

Very clean and nice and affordable for Scandinavia. It was much nicer than I'm used to in hostels but seemed to be more for families and older adults than just backpackers.

It was a great little clean & friendly hostel with useful facilities like being able to use my credit card as a swipe card to get in when my flight arrived late and reception had closed. However I did find it annoying that I was required to put the provided bedding on the bunk by myself when my flight was delayed and I only arrived at the hostel at 2.30am. Trying to put bedding on a top bunk when everyone in your room is sleeping, including someone in the bottom bunk, is not a great experience.

Really nice hostel. Very secure and in a very nice area and location is perfect. Think there should be a cple more washing machines and dryers though

Extremely clean hostel, spotless. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is right next to the train station, which is great as you need to get the train for day trips to the fjords. I found it hard to find the hostel at first as the entrance is not on the main road. It would be great if they did a breakfast, a simple one.

Hostel located very centrally, close to the railway station, the bus terminal, a large supermarket, fish market and harbor. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. Modest, but very clean, comfortable, civilized, good kitchen and dining room. The price of a place in a 4 Bed Male Basic Dorm is equal to a single ensuite in Germany, but high costs are common in Norway. I think there is a better hostel in Bergen.

We were so pleased to have found this hostel. Everything was clean and tidy and the staff were particularly friendly and helpful. The hostel is in such a great location, very close to the fish market and central Bergen. My sister and I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and found it very quiet and comfortable. We would definitely recommend staying here.

• 18th Jun 2015

Huge floor to ceiling lockers that hold two bags and then some.

Clean and quiet

• 12th Jun 2015

Really good one

• 11th Jun 2015

Stayed in a 10 person female dorm that had an adjoining single washroom. Lockers were tiny so people left their backpacks and suitcases next to their bed. When my friend and I got back at night, we saw that someone had stolen things from both of our suitcases. When we reported it to the young girl at the front desk, she didn't seem too bothered. Would not recommend.

I had a nice stay.Friendly staff,nice and clean rooms.Best place on a budget to stay in Bergen.Highly recommended.

nice stuff very helpful!many showers on the hallway. city centre. very close to bus or train station. walking distance to fish market

Had a great stay, the place was very clean and had an awesome location. It is very easy to get to both the bus station , train station and ferries and the main Bergen area is also very easy to walk to. There were some friendly people but there was really only one hang out spot. The dorm I was in had a pretty awful bed, a weird slanted ceiling and a curtain that let through most of the 20+ hours of light, but none of these things would stop me from staying here again.

Great hostel. Unfortunately everything in Norway is completely overpriced, not just this hostel (this is one of the more affordable ones). Not a cheap trip!

« first « Prev 1 2 3