Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

The main gate was a little difficult to open and the lift was really slow. Bed linen must be rented.

I write these truely because i was/am very impressed by professionalty and the placing of the beautiful historical Marken gjestehus in Bergen.The price was very reasonable ,.although i was very short time there & the comfortability of short time booking and flexible of leaving after check in any time you like to go,no money depositum.very central in the heart of the town ,the only improvment will be newer windows street sides with better sound isolation for more sleeping comfort against trafic.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Norway

The hostel was good enough to stay for one night! I will strongly recommend it, not just for cleanliness but for the way i was treated! The guy in reception was really nice with me! He recommend me many places to go, places to eat, and yes, THEY WERE GREAT!! It was sad he is not a guide, cause he could make a good job showing Bergen. I am Quite happy I have founded the hostel, just because the guy in reception! he made my trip better than expected! I must say the cleaners were really friendly

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Spain

All was good but pretty expensive as everything in Norway on the other hand so the hostel could at least include breakfast. Could not store luggage all day long :( .

I really love this hostel! excellent location! and its very clean and people are very friendly. The kitchen includes everything(except food)!!!!!

Fantastic hostel in central location right by a supermarket. Comfy beds in warm rooms. Showers are fantastic, great kitchen but would benefit from a toaster! Overall probably the best hostel I've stayed in.

Had a good stay here, but I thought that it was strange that bed linen wasn't included in the price. Of course people will need this when they arrive so they should included it in the price. Besides from that I had an enjoyable stay :)

Really nice, comfortable, quiet, good kitchen and bathrooms, big lockers

All was really nice to stay, staff especially friendly, and the lift was a dream.

• 27th Feb 2014

Lovely hostel! Lovely city! Lovely everything!

Lovely hostel, one of the best Ive stayed in.

• 24th Feb 2014

geat atmosphere and location!!

The guesthouse had a friendly atmosphere. Very disappointed that linen was not included and found the price of hiring linen to be excessive. The very short reception times was a big negative (9.30am-4pm) - we could not ask questions or get advice in the morning before we left to sightsee for the day or in the evenings. When we checked out there was no clear way to do so when the reception was closed. Included linen and longer reception hours are essential to make this Guesthouse worthwhile.

• 15th Feb 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the hostel. My flight was delayed and I missed my connection to Bergen so I only arrived the morning after. As per their policy, they couldn't issue a refund but they gave me free linens and towel. The in-room lockers were large enough to fit everything I needed. The atmosphere was nice and friendly and it was quite calm. It felt very warm and welcoming. The view from the kitchen is beautiful and the wifi was very good. Overall very satisfied with my stay.

• 15th Feb 2014

Overall a good hostel. Unfortunately we got a room too close to the roof and we couldn't stay stand in almost half room.

• 12th Feb 2014

The location in Bergen is excellent, right near the train and bus station, and about 5-10 minutes walking to the historic Bryggen neighborhood. The rooms were simple, bedding was provided for an additional fee. It was clean and friendly, although I will say the bathrooms could have used some more attention, in particular the garbage cans were overflowing with paper towels and tissue. Tip: Try to get a room away from the entrance or you will listen to people coming and going all night...

• 8th Feb 2014

Excellent!

A worth is enough for that with the good location.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Great location walking distance from train station. Nice facilities, comfortable beds with lights. Bathroom facilities clean. No staff on duty outside 9:30am-4:30pm was a problem as I arrived at 8pm, and left at 8am meaning I met no staff and thus could not pay in cash (having taken money out for this purpose it was frustrating to have my card charged and have to change Krone back to Pounds). Cost is expensive but typical of Norway. Kitchen was very messy due to lack of staff around.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Great facilities, ensuite dorm and other bathrooms in the corridor. Everything was clean. It was great to have reading lamps. Kitchen and TV room where you can hang out. Great location. WiFi. The lockers could maybe be bigger, in my room almost noone could fit their backpack into the locker. Otherwise it was excellent.

« first « Prev 1 2 3