Superb 1,534 Total Reviews
Superb 1,534 Total Reviews
Marken Gjestehus Located at Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen.
Norway
Bergen Bergen Bergen Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017
91% 1534
60.3922221 5.3315663
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
21st May 2016

I had a great stay at the Marken Gjestehus. The staff were brilliant and the location couldn't be better. Doesn't take long to wander around and get to know Bergen, and you're never really more than 10 minutes from the hostel. The train station is about 2 minutes away. Lots of facilities (nice kitchen/sitting area), only small issue was that there wasn't really a plug socket easily available from the top bunk where I was. But overall, a great stay!

20th May 2016

Staff were amazing and I would vote this 2016 hostel for the best in europe! I have been to 7 countries in 7 weeks and stayed at all hostels. Would recommend for all ages and genders.

• s_vetier2765
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
18th May 2016

Well located with everything you need. The rooms are a good size and there are great views. They also had the system set up well for people arriving and leaving when the reception wasn't open.

• sbuster
  • Netherlands, Female, 41+
7th May 2016

The right word for this hostel is 'lovely' :-)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
28th Apr 2016

Marken was a great little hostel - it was smaller than I imagined which is a good thing because then there is less noise and chaos! the kitchen was fully stoked - I used it for multiple meals. showers and bathrooms were great. the walls were paper thin and there was nighttime construction outside so it was quite loud but I still managed to sleep! it would have been nice if the reception was open 24/7 because I had a hostel mate that decided to steal my pillow so it would have been easier to fix.

Thank you very much for your great review! We appreciate all feedback. We want to welcome you back to Bergen and Marken Gjestehus for your next visit. Have a great summer

20th Apr 2016
8.0

I enjoyed my stay here overall. It's a good location but it wasn't it the cleanest (or dirtiest) I've stayed in. There was no atmosphere in the hostel but I was only there a night. The staff was very helpful over email and I would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate all feedback and will use this to improve ourselves.

• colinwill60372500
  • USA, Male, 25-30
14th Apr 2016

Good hostel, but not much going on when I was there. Bergen isn't much of a backpackers destination in April. I couldn't really ask for more except other people to mingle with. Without the fjord tours, there isn't a whole lot to do unless you can afford to eat and drink a lot.

Thank you for your review. Bergen is growing as a tourist city, and new activities come to life every year. We hope that Bergen will be a great city to visit all year round in a short while.

• England, Female, 41+
8th Apr 2016

I would definitely stay here again - great central location, really friendly and helpful staff, everything you need. Rooms are basic but clean and warm.

Thank you very much for this great review! We appreciate you taking you time to rate us. We hope you have enjoyed your travels and you are welcome back to Bergen and Marken Gjestehus any time!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
8th Apr 2016

Well located, near the train station and not far from the city center. We came during the opening hours at the reception but we had to walk in the hostel a little to find the person at the reception. And then we could check in. You have a big locker to put your bag and it comes with a key attached to the key to your room if you are in dorm. The kitchen was well equipped.

Thank you for your great review! :-)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Apr 2016
7.1

The hostel was clean, comfortable and well located. But not all of the beds had powerpoints which was annoying, especially because I was on the top bunk. The limited reception hours might also be difficult for some people. The atmosphere of the hostel was also pretty dead, it wasn't a place to meet friends.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback that we can use to improve.