Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

Fantastic hostel, with awesome security. The facilities are so clean, ample showers and bathroomsbathrooms. More like a hotel than a hostel, so the atmosphere was a bit lacking, but overall a wonderful stay. Book in advance!!

Great hostel. Loved the location and the facilities were good. Could possibly do with a bit of TLC and more sockets in the dorms but that's me being picky. The lockers were a great size and was a bonus having access to laundry facilities.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Wales

it was my 2nd time in Bergen and 2nd time in this Guesthose. I travel a lot and often in Norway , but this accomodation is surely one of the best thai i found . I will come back!!!

Perfect location as its 3 mins walk from the station and 5 minutes to the city centre.Staffs are really friendly and you could see them working very hard all day long to maintain the cleanliness. Plenty of toilets and shower room so never had to queue. Stayed in the room with ensuite and there is a separate door to lockers and shower room which is excellent for people who need to use it early morning or late night as it reduce the noises and disturbances to others. More sockets in room needed.

Excellent place to stay in Bergen. Central location with clean rooms and good facilities. The staff was very friendly.

Some fellow travellers treating the dorm as hotel room instead. Leaving their rubbish (food leftover and used tissue paper) all over the room before they check out without considering those still staying in the same dorm. Please put some reminder for this unethical behaviour as it is not typical hotel room as they might used to think about. The staff, facilities and the location really great ! Keep up the good work for it.

Really nice place, very close to the train station, staff was friendly, rooms were clean. It would be more helpful though if they more charging points for the bunk beds. Other than that, the whole stay was perfect!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Bangladesh

Overall very satisfied with a nice place that included a good breakfast. Just wish I would have had more time in Bergen and not needed so much time to sleep.

The marken Gjesthouse was the nicest and cleanest hostel I've stayed in yet. The staff was really knowledgeable about things to do in the area. The location was great and places around it were close. They had a fully equipped kitchen which was very nice. All in all I had the best stay at the marken Gjesthouse. It was super clean.

Great hostel located 3 mins from train station and 5 mins walk to fish market. Very clean and comfortable!

Really good value for money, comfy beds although mine was incredibly creeky although it seemed to be the only one. easy shower access and great WiFi.

The room was to small .. and the cleanest is poor . Kitchen utility needs tobe renew

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Indonesia

Great place, had some of my best sleeps in this hostel. Felt more like a hotel then hostel. I would recommend and stay here again!

Very clean and nice and affordable for Scandinavia. It was much nicer than I'm used to in hostels but seemed to be more for families and older adults than just backpackers.

It was a great little clean & friendly hostel with useful facilities like being able to use my credit card as a swipe card to get in when my flight arrived late and reception had closed. However I did find it annoying that I was required to put the provided bedding on the bunk by myself when my flight was delayed and I only arrived at the hostel at 2.30am. Trying to put bedding on a top bunk when everyone in your room is sleeping, including someone in the bottom bunk, is not a great experience.

Really nice hostel. Very secure and in a very nice area and location is perfect. Think there should be a cple more washing machines and dryers though

Extremely clean hostel, spotless. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is right next to the train station, which is great as you need to get the train for day trips to the fjords. I found it hard to find the hostel at first as the entrance is not on the main road. It would be great if they did a breakfast, a simple one.

Hostel located very centrally, close to the railway station, the bus terminal, a large supermarket, fish market and harbor. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. Modest, but very clean, comfortable, civilized, good kitchen and dining room. The price of a place in a 4 Bed Male Basic Dorm is equal to a single ensuite in Germany, but high costs are common in Norway. I think there is a better hostel in Bergen.

We were so pleased to have found this hostel. Everything was clean and tidy and the staff were particularly friendly and helpful. The hostel is in such a great location, very close to the fish market and central Bergen. My sister and I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and found it very quiet and comfortable. We would definitely recommend staying here.

• 18th Jun 2015

Huge floor to ceiling lockers that hold two bags and then some.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4