Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

Friendly Staff. They ask people to put their pillows into the lockers which is problematic at times and is a policy that should be eliminated.

Had a thoroughly enjoyable stay in Bergen, and this hostel ticked all the boxes. Great location, close to the centre and 4 minutes from the station, no need for public transport. Well equipped room with sockets, wifi, lockers. Kitchen and dining area well equipped. Bathrooms and showers good and clean. We arrived late so accessed via my credit card, organised via email, worked smoothly. Lady on reception was very helpful with advice and directions, warm and friendly. Secure. Would stay again.

Lovely hostel. We booked a twin room for our 2-night stay and had absolutely no complains. :)

excellent location and cleanliness, spacious bathroom. i really hope i was exeptionally unfortunate with my stay - nothing seemed to work out as described in the email i got i couple of days prior. my credit card wasn't usable as a door key after all, there were no bedsheets/towel as announced (luckily i brought my own stuff) and even bigger was my surprise when i got a text from some receptionist several hours after i checked out asking me to return "my" key - which i never got??

The nicest staff ever.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

Staffs are very frendly and the kitchen is larger than I expected and equipped with all necessary facilities.For budget traveller the location is quite good,close to 3 supermarkets.The only problem is when I arrived Bergen,it is cold in the dorm without heat.

Thank you for your great review! We really appreciate it. Please note that in all our rooms there are heaters, where the guests can regulate the temperature themselves.

This hostel is one of the very best I have ever stayed it!

Near the train station and close to the classic old town, this is a great place to stay! It has atmosphere, culture and friendly staff to commiserate with you when you have to leave!

Very good location 3 minutes from the train station. Very clean hostel with good showers and a nice communal space and kitchen with vending machine. I went for the buffet breakfast for 130 kroner the hotel wheI understand this is quite expensive however there is everything on the buffet salmon sausages cereal coffee and it's great to stuff your face before a big day! Highly recommend this hostel

Really clean and enjoyable facilities. Kitchen was decent sized. Beds were comfortable. Washrooms and showers were clean. Located very near the train station but far enough away it's quiet at night. Downtown Bergen is minutes away by walking.

Hostel was in a convenient location just 5 mins away from the train station. The rooms and toliets were very clean and I never had to wait to use them. Also well-equipped with laundry room, dining/kitchen area. The receptionist who checked me in was very friendly. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this to anyone who visits Bergen!

I perfer restroom is with room

The strongest WIFI I have ever used. Great location. Clean.

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities and excelent hostel in the heart of Bergen. If I ever visit this unforgetable city again, no doubt I'll stay at Marken GuestHouse again.

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Good location and staff are very nice

Everything is perfect. Only one thing, I think plug is not enough, and not easy to use.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Really great place to stay! (Great wifi too) the city was amazing and the fjords were incredible. Only good things to say about the hostel!!

Great place, awesome location (5 minutes walk from the main station, 5 minutes from the attractions), awesome and very helpful and knowledgable staff.

I really enjoyed the location of this hostel, as well as the cleanliness (for the most part) and their willingness to help answer questions, etc. Thanks!

Great location and Bergen is a must see in Norway.

« first « Prev 1 2 3