Marken Gjestehus

Superb 1671 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1671 Total Reviews

10th Apr 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. It had less of a hostel vibe and more of a motel vibe which I was slightly bummed with, but it was such good quality it's worth it. Really great staff and clean facilties. Great location.

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017

The lady at the desk was brilliant- really friendly and very helpful with answering all our questions. The rooms were really clean and quiet which was great for getting a good nights sleep. The dorm room had a extra room with lockers and the bathroom which was fantastic as it made the dorm feel very spacious. Would definitely stay here again if I visited Bergen in the future.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2017

I wish I stayed longer. I arrived late at night and checked out early the next morning. But from what I saw, the hostel was really nice and had a nice home vibe to it. The staff were great with communication over email and allowed me to check in after hours with no hassles.

• Greece, Female, 25-30
7th Apr 2017

Great central location. Very clean facilities and fresh bedding. Lovely personnel (from the girl at the reception to the cleaning lady, they were always smiling and happy to help), I would definitely recommend. Value for money.

4th Apr 2017

well located

• Australia, Male, 18-24
27th Mar 2017

Only there for a night. It was clean and had lovely staff at the front desk who helped me Out a lot. Cheers again Guro if you see this, much appreciated :)

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2017

The hostel is in a great location with great facilities. I felt that the hostel was super clean and I didn't feel like I needed to wear shoes the whole time. The only down side was the atmosphere, I was a single traveller in a 10 bed dorm and not once did I have a conversation with anyone. I think it is the quietest hostel I have ever been in. However I would still stay here again as the location was too notch and like I said earlier it was actually clean

23rd Mar 2017

Very nice and cosy hostel with great location 3 minutes from train station and 5 minutes from bus station and easy to find. fantastic for short or long stay Staffs were very helpful and friendly. I definitely would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• sebastienmouledous8607
  • France, All Male Group, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
9th Mar 2017

Great location, large rooms & lockers, very clean hostel (rooms and bathrooms). The staff was nice. The only negative aspect is the fact there is no à great atmosphere, no friendly common room or bar. But I believe it is the case for all the hostels in Norway. But to conclude, I recommend this hostel in bergen!

9th Mar 2017

Set on the 4th floor of a commercial building, this hostel is only a couple of blocks from the train station in the direction of the fisherman's market. All beds include private lockers for luggage. Facilities were adequate although a bit more crammed than most. I found this hostel best suited for travelers in their 20's.