Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

Receptionist was very kind and helpful evert part of our trip. I would stay here again next time.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Really nice stay in Bergen. Would stay here again.

Great hostel in Bergen. Rooms were nice with lockable closets. Well located near the train station in Bergen.

what a great place to stay! we had a great time n the place is very close to the train station! beautiful twin private room with a nice view n so clean! i would def reccomander this place! very good!

• 6th Mar 2015

Excelent staff and amazing system to let the guests that arrive later...

Arrived late at 8pm and found my name and hotel number on the door but needing to swipe my credit card as my key room, very smooth process. Room is clean and beautifully decorated/ designed. Kitchen was available with computer to use and TV to watch (even though I don't understand Norwegian). Very happy stay.

Fantastic location - quick walk from Bryggen, cable car, and the train station. Solid security, but reception closes on the early side. Had a good atmosphere for meeting fellow travelers, though the showers and bathrooms are far from the dorms. Prepare to walk down the hall in your skimpies. No breakfast offered but no charge for lockers. Overall, one of my best hostel experiences.

Location and the women staff are perfect.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Good solid stay in a good solid hostel that deserves its top-shelf reputation. Mid-winter is barely the best time to judge the vibe and atmosphere of a city hostel but it had a warm and agreeable feel even though there were less than a dozen guests using the hostel while I was there. Is very well appointed with generous size lounges and dining area but a few more kitchen utensils, plate ware and cutlery certainly wouldn`t go amiss. Would certainly return and recommend it to others.

Very well located near the train station, friendly staff, well equipped kitchen and we had a wonderful stay there. Recommended!

We had a great experience in this lovely Hostel. Although it wasn't full of people (probably because of the period) the rooms were very big, as well as the ensuite bathroom. I highly recommend the place!! :D

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great place. Close to station and central Bergen. Nice and clean. Stayed in 4 person male room...only one other in the room. Would stay her again for sure.

Hostel was in a good location close to everything. it was a nice place to stay and pretty good value for Norway! Kitchen facilities were good but too small for all the people that were there. the place was quiet on a night and wifi was good.

was told to swipe credit card for entry, as i'd be arriving at 8pm, long past the front desk's working hour(9:30-4) which should be fine, except that it didn't work. we tried swiping the credit card--oh, it's the correct card alright-- and it didn't work. and it apparently happened to several other guests as well. we tried calling the after-hour security guy provided there but the guy hang up the first time and stopped answering afterwards. not at all pleased.

Good location, good staff, and I met a lot of Chinese friends here.

This hostel would have had the potential to be great but I was there just before Xmas so it was quite quiet and with no hostel activities a bit hard to meet others. It was really clean, staff freiendly and with great English skills, rooms were warm and spacious with excellent lockers. Suitable for the wide range of ages that were there. Only reccimendation to the hostel would be the development of a basic pantry, oil/herbs etc as it's an expensive city to buy food in.

It's walking distance to the bus/train station and city center. They have recently upgraded their hotel rooms which are quite nice but they could improve some of the facilities such as I couldn't get the TV working in the dining area and the kitchen could do with some upgrades and new equipment for guests. The only negative was that the fire alarm went off several times at 3-4am and no staff were around to help with evacuations that needs to be addressed.

The hostel was really nice and the location was awesome. I arrived when the reception was closed so they configured my credit card as my room key and it worked perfectly.

Excellent hostel. It was pretty dead when i was there in the off season, which also meant limited hours that the reception was open. They gave me a free upgrade to a smaller room that I'd have to myself which after a month of hostel hopping was a real treat. Definitely would stay here again.

So nice to visit this hostel again. Its modern and very well mantained. The rooms are great and clean, also very nice to have a well equipped kitchen to use..The staff was very friendly and helpful, and next time in Bergen I will surely choose Marken Gjestehus.