Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

This hostel would have had the potential to be great but I was there just before Xmas so it was quite quiet and with no hostel activities a bit hard to meet others. It was really clean, staff freiendly and with great English skills, rooms were warm and spacious with excellent lockers. Suitable for the wide range of ages that were there. Only reccimendation to the hostel would be the development of a basic pantry, oil/herbs etc as it's an expensive city to buy food in.

The hostel was really nice and the location was awesome. I arrived when the reception was closed so they configured my credit card as my room key and it worked perfectly.

Excellent hostel. It was pretty dead when i was there in the off season, which also meant limited hours that the reception was open. They gave me a free upgrade to a smaller room that I'd have to myself which after a month of hostel hopping was a real treat. Definitely would stay here again.

So nice to visit this hostel again. Its modern and very well mantained. The rooms are great and clean, also very nice to have a well equipped kitchen to use..The staff was very friendly and helpful, and next time in Bergen I will surely choose Marken Gjestehus.

Loved my stay here! Great location, and the dorm and common rooms are really nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful, with great knowledge of the city. Super clean everywhere. Probably the best hostel I've stayed in :-)

The location of the hostel couldn't be better - minutes from the train and bus station, and just a few minutes more into the center of Bergen. The hostel was extremely clean, and even in a 10 bed room I felt there was plenty of space with the room also containing a table and couch plus a private bathroom. I plan on returning to Bergen and will be staying here again in the future!

Great hostel in a great location. I enjoyed my stay very much. the only minor problem was that the reception closed too early.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Really friendly staff, great location and excellwnt value. Never used a hostel before so was a bit nervous about what to expect. So really happy.

• 14th Nov 2014

Loved staying here. Great atmosphere, really helpful and friendly staff. Felt like a home away from home. Great base to explore the beautiful Bergen.

Couldn't ask for more staff are willing to help and very kind. Right in the city location 1 min walk from rimi mart. Great kitchen facility which is essential considering high living cost in Norway. Wifi works great in every spot

• 10th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

I really enjoyed me stay here. Would definitely stay again, had no problems in my time here. Good hostel!

Probably the best hostel in norway

Great location and hot showers. but like all things in Norway it is overpriced, especially when you consider the fact that linens aren't even included in that price.

Everthing is good enough except the kitchen.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

It was a pleasurable experience but - 1.The coffee machine took my money and was broken for 24 hours. 2. The showers were luke warm.

If you're going to charge that much then at least include sheets

很整潔的旅舍 強烈推薦 This hostel is great! somehow it's the best hostel I ever stayed. It is a little bit up the hill,it's a bit hard for those who carry large luggage. But the design of the hostel is good as it has warm design

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very nice location and community areas, definitely walkable distance from all of Bergen's highlights!

This was a good place to stay. Close to the train station and centre of town. I only spoke with reception once, when I checked in, and he was very helpful. The female dorm had a bathroom and locker room attached, which was good. First in, best dressed, with the beds. People were moving on all the time, so lower bunks became available. I would stay here again.

A great place to stay. Modern, clean and efficient. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!!

• 29th Sep 2014