Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

Hostel located very centrally, close to the railway station, the bus terminal, a large supermarket, fish market and harbor. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. Modest, but very clean, comfortable, civilized, good kitchen and dining room. The price of a place in a 4 Bed Male Basic Dorm is equal to a single ensuite in Germany, but high costs are common in Norway. I think there is a better hostel in Bergen.

We were so pleased to have found this hostel. Everything was clean and tidy and the staff were particularly friendly and helpful. The hostel is in such a great location, very close to the fish market and central Bergen. My sister and I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and found it very quiet and comfortable. We would definitely recommend staying here.

• 18th Jun 2015

Huge floor to ceiling lockers that hold two bags and then some.

Clean and quiet

• 12th Jun 2015

Really good one

• 11th Jun 2015

I had a nice stay.Friendly staff,nice and clean rooms.Best place on a budget to stay in Bergen.Highly recommended.

nice stuff very helpful!many showers on the hallway. city centre. very close to bus or train station. walking distance to fish market

Had a great stay, the place was very clean and had an awesome location. It is very easy to get to both the bus station , train station and ferries and the main Bergen area is also very easy to walk to. There were some friendly people but there was really only one hang out spot. The dorm I was in had a pretty awful bed, a weird slanted ceiling and a curtain that let through most of the 20+ hours of light, but none of these things would stop me from staying here again.

Great hostel. Unfortunately everything in Norway is completely overpriced, not just this hostel (this is one of the more affordable ones). Not a cheap trip!

They were really helpful finding bus routes and times and storing luggage free Lovely people

Great location, near to the central station and just within 10 mins by walking. It's also near to attractions. Shared space is clean and comfortable. Good to stay.

Staff was really nice and helpful! Room was good. I especially loved the large lockers. I would stay here again. One thing I would change would be to assign the beds because when I got back the first day someone had taken my bed since I left it so clean. It was the person on the top bed who had left. They did give me new linens and gave me a towel for free for he trouble.

Nice and simple hostel. Would definitely recommend.

We had to show up after the reception had closed. They were very accommodating, however, and were able to set up our credit card as a key card. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, a good stay.

Clean and quiet hostel. Amazing location and friendly staff! Had a great stay!

I spent 2 nights with my friend over there. The location was great, near everything, train, bus stations, shops, supermarkets. The hostel was very clean and quiet, as we had the bedroom just in front of the reception room, we were afraid by the supposed noise but not at all. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel and would come back.

Helpful and knowledgeable staff, very clean room, kitchen, toilets, shower rooms and other community areas and great location. All within a short walk from both bus and train stations and the old town of Bergen. Spacious storage facility.

Clean and welcoming hostel. Staff were very helpful and check in/out was easy and quick. Location very central and easy to walk to from station. Room was big enough to fit table and sofa - lockers were very small but could put valuables in rather than whole backpack. No breakfast provided but self serve kitchen. Overall, enjoyed my stay and would recommend.

Worth to live in. And there is even a computer to use!

Great hostel with all the facilities that you need and just a few minutes walk to the centre of town or the train station. The shower room even has a heated floor! Would definitely recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3