Marken Gjestehus

• sebastienmouledous8607
  • France, All Male Group, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
9th Mar 2017

Great location, large rooms & lockers, very clean hostel (rooms and bathrooms). The staff was nice. The only negative aspect is the fact there is no à great atmosphere, no friendly common room or bar. But I believe it is the case for all the hostels in Norway. But to conclude, I recommend this hostel in bergen!

9th Mar 2017

Set on the 4th floor of a commercial building, this hostel is only a couple of blocks from the train station in the direction of the fisherman's market. All beds include private lockers for luggage. Facilities were adequate although a bit more crammed than most. I found this hostel best suited for travelers in their 20's.

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
8th Mar 2017

I like that there are several toilets and shower rooms outside my room so if my roommates have been to bed I can do everything I need without disturbing anyone. The kitchen also has everything I need and the location is close to the city center. Overall, I have nothing to complain. Just it always depends on luck whether you will have a nice sleep. I was sharing a room with other nine girls, and they were having preparty one of the night, which made the room messy and dirty, yetnot hostel's fault

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
24th Feb 2017

Clean and safe hostel, very well located. Beds very comfy and shower really good. Cons:not much atmosphere, no one at reception most of the time

• Australia, Female, 25-30
24th Feb 2017

Clean and comfortable stay with homely feel. Reception hours are restricted, but manageable

20th Feb 2017

Great atmosphere and location! Lots of warm, inviting common spaces perfect for meeting other travelers or spending time with friends. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beautiful clean rooms with large lockers. I would absolutely stay here again!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
13th Feb 2017
8.0

Good location, only a couple of minutes walk to train station or city centre. No atmosphere, like most hostels in northern Europe. No power plugs by bed which was annoying. Big lockers. Plenty of showers. They let you hang around in communal areas and store luggage after checkout

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Feb 2017
6.0

Expected more. A homeless guy was staying in my room and aired some extraordinarily offensive views about a number of races and political subjects. Then started shouting in the middle of the night for no reason. There was nobody around to ask for help or assistance at any stage. Also renting a towel is expensive. There's no breakfast available on site which is a pain because it's a walk to anywhere to grab one. Having written all this out - I definitely wouldn't recommend this place.

We are very sorry for your negative experience with us. The man you mentioned seemed normal, well dressed and polite when checking in. As soon as we realised what had happened, we told him to leave, which he did. In cases like this, there is a phone in the reception which is directly linked to our night shift. They would have come and sorted this out right away. We will make sure information about this phone is better marked in the rooms and common spaces. Again, we are very sorry for this incidence.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Feb 2017
8.0

Not so much a hostel but basic hotel (says it on the door). Not atmosphere and socialization really but a safe, clean place to stay. Compared to other options in the area, I'd definitely stay here again. I was happy with my stay :)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Jan 2017

Great location in the middle of town, good kitchen facilities, everyone was super friendly and I got a free upgrade from a 10 girl dorm to a 4 girl dorm, thank you!