Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

Very good hostel located a few metres away (about 300 - 400 m) from the train station and the bus station. Rooms and common areas are cleaned every day, and the kitchen is definitely well furnished. Bed linen are included in the booking price, while breakfast is not: however, it is possible to get hot and cold drinks for a very reasonable price (10 and 20 NOK respectively). Totally recommended!

Thank you for this great review! :-)

Loved my stay here! Super clean hostel, great staff and perfect location. Highly recommended!

Really lovely travellers guesthouse feel to it. We had a private double room with bunk beds and toilets close by. It worked really well and the staff were lovely. Thank you

• 4th Dec 2015

Thank you for this wonderful review :-)

A niche Hostel, that has a good location from both the Bus Station, and the centre of Bergen.

• 4th Dec 2015

It was pretty ok for this price. Very good location. 2 minutes walk to raiway station, 5-8 walk minutes to the center

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Ukraine

Really good!

The hostel has a pretty good kitchen and a dining area. We were offered a free upgrade from a mixed dorm to a twin room, which was awesome. The room was a bit small though. Staff is very polite and helpful. Location is good, just a 4 minute walk from the train and bus station. There is a supermarket too just across the street.

Friendly Staff. They ask people to put their pillows into the lockers which is problematic at times and is a policy that should be eliminated.

Had a thoroughly enjoyable stay in Bergen, and this hostel ticked all the boxes. Great location, close to the centre and 4 minutes from the station, no need for public transport. Well equipped room with sockets, wifi, lockers. Kitchen and dining area well equipped. Bathrooms and showers good and clean. We arrived late so accessed via my credit card, organised via email, worked smoothly. Lady on reception was very helpful with advice and directions, warm and friendly. Secure. Would stay again.

Lovely hostel. We booked a twin room for our 2-night stay and had absolutely no complains. :)

excellent location and cleanliness, spacious bathroom. i really hope i was exeptionally unfortunate with my stay - nothing seemed to work out as described in the email i got i couple of days prior. my credit card wasn't usable as a door key after all, there were no bedsheets/towel as announced (luckily i brought my own stuff) and even bigger was my surprise when i got a text from some receptionist several hours after i checked out asking me to return "my" key - which i never got??

The nicest staff ever.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

Staffs are very frendly and the kitchen is larger than I expected and equipped with all necessary facilities.For budget traveller the location is quite good,close to 3 supermarkets.The only problem is when I arrived Bergen,it is cold in the dorm without heat.

Thank you for your great review! We really appreciate it. Please note that in all our rooms there are heaters, where the guests can regulate the temperature themselves.

This hostel is one of the very best I have ever stayed it!

Near the train station and close to the classic old town, this is a great place to stay! It has atmosphere, culture and friendly staff to commiserate with you when you have to leave!

Very good location 3 minutes from the train station. Very clean hostel with good showers and a nice communal space and kitchen with vending machine. I went for the buffet breakfast for 130 kroner the hotel wheI understand this is quite expensive however there is everything on the buffet salmon sausages cereal coffee and it's great to stuff your face before a big day! Highly recommend this hostel

Really clean and enjoyable facilities. Kitchen was decent sized. Beds were comfortable. Washrooms and showers were clean. Located very near the train station but far enough away it's quiet at night. Downtown Bergen is minutes away by walking.

Hostel was in a convenient location just 5 mins away from the train station. The rooms and toliets were very clean and I never had to wait to use them. Also well-equipped with laundry room, dining/kitchen area. The receptionist who checked me in was very friendly. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this to anyone who visits Bergen!

I perfer restroom is with room

The strongest WIFI I have ever used. Great location. Clean.