Marken Gjestehus Reviews

Kong Oscarsgt. 45, 5017, Bergen, Norway

Location and the women staff are perfect.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Good solid stay in a good solid hostel that deserves its top-shelf reputation. Mid-winter is barely the best time to judge the vibe and atmosphere of a city hostel but it had a warm and agreeable feel even though there were less than a dozen guests using the hostel while I was there. Is very well appointed with generous size lounges and dining area but a few more kitchen utensils, plate ware and cutlery certainly wouldn`t go amiss. Would certainly return and recommend it to others.

Very well located near the train station, friendly staff, well equipped kitchen and we had a wonderful stay there. Recommended!

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

We had a great experience in this lovely Hostel. Although it wasn't full of people (probably because of the period) the rooms were very big, as well as the ensuite bathroom. I highly recommend the place!! :D

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great place. Close to station and central Bergen. Nice and clean. Stayed in 4 person male room...only one other in the room. Would stay her again for sure.

Hostel was in a good location close to everything. it was a nice place to stay and pretty good value for Norway! Kitchen facilities were good but too small for all the people that were there. the place was quiet on a night and wifi was good.

was told to swipe credit card for entry, as i'd be arriving at 8pm, long past the front desk's working hour(9:30-4) which should be fine, except that it didn't work. we tried swiping the credit card--oh, it's the correct card alright-- and it didn't work. and it apparently happened to several other guests as well. we tried calling the after-hour security guy provided there but the guy hang up the first time and stopped answering afterwards. not at all pleased.

Good location, good staff, and I met a lot of Chinese friends here.

This hostel would have had the potential to be great but I was there just before Xmas so it was quite quiet and with no hostel activities a bit hard to meet others. It was really clean, staff freiendly and with great English skills, rooms were warm and spacious with excellent lockers. Suitable for the wide range of ages that were there. Only reccimendation to the hostel would be the development of a basic pantry, oil/herbs etc as it's an expensive city to buy food in.

The hostel was really nice and the location was awesome. I arrived when the reception was closed so they configured my credit card as my room key and it worked perfectly.

Excellent hostel. It was pretty dead when i was there in the off season, which also meant limited hours that the reception was open. They gave me a free upgrade to a smaller room that I'd have to myself which after a month of hostel hopping was a real treat. Definitely would stay here again.

So nice to visit this hostel again. Its modern and very well mantained. The rooms are great and clean, also very nice to have a well equipped kitchen to use..The staff was very friendly and helpful, and next time in Bergen I will surely choose Marken Gjestehus.

Loved my stay here! Great location, and the dorm and common rooms are really nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful, with great knowledge of the city. Super clean everywhere. Probably the best hostel I've stayed in :-)

The location of the hostel couldn't be better - minutes from the train and bus station, and just a few minutes more into the center of Bergen. The hostel was extremely clean, and even in a 10 bed room I felt there was plenty of space with the room also containing a table and couch plus a private bathroom. I plan on returning to Bergen and will be staying here again in the future!

Great hostel in a great location. I enjoyed my stay very much. the only minor problem was that the reception closed too early.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Really friendly staff, great location and excellwnt value. Never used a hostel before so was a bit nervous about what to expect. So really happy.

• 14th Nov 2014

Loved staying here. Great atmosphere, really helpful and friendly staff. Felt like a home away from home. Great base to explore the beautiful Bergen.

Couldn't ask for more staff are willing to help and very kind. Right in the city location 1 min walk from rimi mart. Great kitchen facility which is essential considering high living cost in Norway. Wifi works great in every spot

• 10th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

I really enjoyed me stay here. Would definitely stay again, had no problems in my time here. Good hostel!

Probably the best hostel in norway

« first « Prev 1 2 3