Marko Polo Reviews

Nika Kulisica 20, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The family that owns the place met us with some snacks and lemonade. The hostel is pretty easy to find if you take a bus and follow the directions provided. They have a beautiful patio to relax. Good shower and kitchen. Rooms are simple but clean and nice. The owners made sure to provide the tips for the city exploration and recommended where to eat. Ask if you don't know anything, they are more than willing to help.

We had a great time with Ana, who helped us out with rides to the bus station and storing our bags. The walk back from the old town was definitely uphill, but not too bad.

Absolutely brilliant place...tricky to find initially but only because the maps show proper roads rather than steps, but other than that a great place to stay. A short walk from the Old Town and the most lovely host who couldn't have been more helpful. I highly recommend!

This apartment was in the perfect location, about a 10-15 minute walk down to the old town, so I was out of the noise and hustle and bustle of that area.The bus stop was very close but I preferred to walk. The view from the room was outstanding. I loved everything about the apartment. It would not be good for anyone with difficulty climbing stairs though, it is an uphill walk with 300 steps to come up to get to the apartment! Ana was awesome.

You cannot ask for more from a holiday stay when you are given a warm welcome from Ana and Kristina have the opportunity to chat to other guests, or find your own space if you wish, are provided with all the information you need and have all your questions answered. Nothing was too much trouble for Ana and Kristina and as my responses to the questionnaire show, Marko Polo house is an excellent advertisement for Dubrovnik and Croatia.

The staff is not present at all. The wifi didn't work and no one cared. There was no laundry facilities and the house is not indicated anywhere and very hard to find. I was very disapointed by this house which was expensive for the service provided...

Although the owner spoke next to no english, we were warmly welcomed and left the entire place for ourselves. Me and my fiancé enjoyed our time there. It was a clean and comfortable room with a large comfortable bed and lots of space. The kitchen was not as great though, just one small burner to cook on, which was not ideal, but we made the best of it.

1 2 Next » last »