Markos Village Reviews

Ios 84001, Cylcades, Ios, Greece

Fantastic Place! You must stay here! George is the most hospitable person I've ever met. The rooms are clean and comfy, and having a balcony was nice too. Pool is very clean and bar is party ready. The central location to village is key too. Only a short walk to mylopotas beach. Would recommend to anyone.

Good place good atmosphere the owners are very nice the only thing is we went at the wrong time I would only go back during season as a lot of things are closed and not many people around.

Definitely a great place to stay!!

Great location, very nice and helpful staff, free transfer from and to the port is brilliant, only downsides are the spotty wifi signal and a bit of a mix up over the bill which was quickly resolved

Unreal stay - right in town (or can bus it to Mylopotas beach from right outside), CHEAP, and George and Yannis are complete legends that make sure you have an amazing stay. After touring most of Europe, it was without doubt the best accommodation we had.

• 24th Aug 2013

Awesome pool, great location for going out at night. Easy bus to the beach. George picked us up and dropped us off at the ferry, he's a legend. The bar is all good too, great place to stay if you're in Ios and want to stay close to town.

Great place to stay! The staff here are fantastic, George and Yannis go out of their way to do everything they can for you and make you feel at home. Location is barely a couple minutes walk from all the main bars, restaurants and bus stop. We left a phone in the hostel after checking out and they sent it over to santorini on the next ferry without us even contacting them. Great value for money, I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good time in Ios!

I loved this place. Its close to absolutly everything you need and even though the beach is 5 min away with bus there is a nice and clean pool at the hotel where everyone can lay. The rooms are always clean and the staff is amazing! Thank you so much for a great stay.

This was the most hospitable hostel I've stayed at (out of ~20 hostels). FREE transports to and from the port. And they give you little bits of information that help immensely: clubs, bus stop for the beach and cost, ATM locations, food and groceries, whether your ship is late (and it was, so we weren't wasting an hour). Location is excellent.

Staff were really accommodating, great pool and clean room. Great place to stay.

Everything about Markos Village was perfect. The staff we're unbelievably helpful with everything and the location was perfect. Definitely one of the best hostel experiences I have ever had. I would recommend this place to anybody.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. The rooms were pretty good, and there's a cool little bar and swimming pool. All the nightlife is a short step away, but far enough to not be too noisy. A good place to socialize and start the evening.

Great place to stay! Been there 2 years in a row and had the best time. George is very helpful.

This was the best hostel I stayed at throughout my whole trip. The owners are amazing, there is a pool, it is close to 3 markets, the village, a laundromat and a rental quad shop. Everyone in the hostel is one big family, I only planned to stay two nights here and ending up staying ten! Definitely a party hostel, and a party village though, if you are looking to go wild and meet lots of people this is definitely where you should stay. Can't wait to go back.

Awesome place to stay with a great location. Right near all the pubs an clubs. George is very friendly, he'll pick you up and drop you at the ferry also. Scott

• 6th Jun 2013