Marlon's House in Arequipa Reviews

Plaza Campo Redondo, 100, Barrio de San Lazaro - Cerdado, Arequipa, Peru

Excellent place to stay in Arequipa. The personnel was very attentive to my questions and provided good orientation. The place is located in a quiet area but still in a walking distance from the main square. good breakfast, nice terrace, clean hostel. My family and I really enjoyed the place. Thnaks.

Very comfy bed, cleanest hostel I've had in Peru. Breakfast was above average. Only negativ point was that the shower was not very hot.

We stayed here after a friends recommendation and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was kind, helpful, and informative. The owner even has the cutest puppy to play with! Best free breakfast we have had yet - more than the standard bread jam butter trio. We used the ample kitchen space to prepare our own food. Only thing was our room was adjacent to the breakfast area so it could be a bit noisy, so if that's a problem I'm sure you could request a new room. The $ is very fair and would def rec!

Hello, Thank you so much for your visit to Perú,To arequipa City and specially for join with us. I also want to let you know that we really appreciate your contribution about our hostel. Thank you try our service and i hope you really enjoyed your time in Arequipa in general too. I hope you really took some good memories about Arequipa and the attraction in the back-around. Kind Regards. Atte.

Nice little family style hostel a short walk from the center. Staff here are very nice and helpful. Biggest knock - as mentioned in a previous review - is that they charge you to take a shower after you return from your colca canyon trek. I think its a small petty fee that is unnecessary if you stayed there and booked a trip with them.

Tremendous lie. This client slept in the hostel and pay 22.00 soles for a night with breakfast included but as usual these are the classic miserable that all want free. Now says THAT HE BOOK the trip to the Colca with us IS NOT TRUE He never book anything. For the showers YES WE charge 3.00 soles while there are many properties where they charge 10.00 or 5.00 soles.we have so great facilities in the hostel for free which doesn't value . Marlon's House Arequipa.

Staff were really helpful (thanks Lily!) and it's in a nice part of town near the main plaza and restaurants.

Dear Daniel. Thank you so much for your visit to Perú,to Arequipa City and specially for stay at Marlon's House Arequipa. At the same time we want to mention and appreciatte your contribution about our hostel which help us to improve everyday more and more. Marlon's House wish to you all the best in your plan in S.A and god Bless U !!! Kind Regards. Atte. Marlon's House arequipa.

Nice hostel, with nice facilities. Only there has to happen something to the common area since it leaks water when it is raining. the younger boy that works there is sometimes very rude/childish to the people that stay in the hotel. Moreover he claims the common area as his personal sleeping room and watches tv at 6:30 pm when the hostels guests want to use the television. That is a weird thing and not helping your hostel.

Dear Ivo. First of all thank you for your visit to Peru, Arequipa and especially thank you very much for choosing Marlon's House Arequipa as the hostel during your stay in this beautiful city. We would also like to ask apologies for the inconvenience of rain but fortunately already gone. At the same time the young man due to his comment we need to improve this part. Kind Regards. Atte. Marlon's House Arequipa

The staff was friendly, knowledgable about tours and helpful. Their own travel desk worked perfectly for me, as I booked a great Colca Canyon trekking tour with them. I have to say though, this hostel isn't very social when it rains, as the common area is outdoors under a leeky roof, with rain blowing in from the open sides and people sit there in their rain coats to eat their dinner. The way to 2 (out of only 3) toilets is outdoors in the rain and gets very slippery and dangerous!

Dear Customer. We appreciate your visit to Marlon's House Arequipa. We also accept this comment because is real only in the rainy season we have this problem because the property is open and Colonial house then we can not make changes or improvements because it is a monumental area. Anyway we also hope you enjoy the rest of service because we also have alot's of positives things..But for sure w'll improve. Kind Regards. Marlon's House Arequipa

Decent wifi, okay location and a good kitchen. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff are a bit unfriendly and they mixed up my booking even though I emailed to confirm. They also tried to charge me for a breakfast that I didn't have. Common area was outdoors and due to the rain was almost always soaking. Had to walk through the rain to get to the toilets.

Dear, Thank you so much for your visit to Marlon's House AQP. We really appreciate your contribution about our property and of course we'll improve those mistakes which is not so difficult to improve to the nest people. About the staff i'm sorry for being unfriendly because normally the staff is very friendly.But i'll try with them for sure. God Bless you. Kind Regards. Atte.

If you have survived the craziness of big hostels in Cusco or La Paz and are looking for a more chilled out place w/ good wifi, a killer rooftop with pingpong and a bbq and the sweetest family-run vibe, then this is your place. The staff will go out of their way for you. One of the ladies actually drove all the way to the local market to buy charcoal for us to have a bbq! The location is a bit off the main square but its an easy 5 minute walk away. The wifi is really fast also!

Hostel was in a great location, close enough to the bars and restaurants, but not too close! Loved the roof top terrace and the breakfast was great. However, when asking the front desk about public transport vs taking a tourist bus, I felt like the staff over exaggerated the reasons for taking the expensive tourist bus, as they were obviously earning commission. Actually the public bus was much cheaper, was actually quicker and perfect for what I wanted.

Dear, Thank you for your visit to Marlon's House Arequipa and also for your contribution which is very helpful for us. About the buses we dont work with the chickent buses because they steal on the bus and then the customer makes us problems, we prefer Cruz del Sur, Oltursa are the best and the security of everyones. Anyway thank you for your visit to our property and we wish all the best. God Bless U . Kind Regards. Marlon's House Arequipa.

Excellent hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. We were only going to stay 1 night in Arequipa but it turned into 4 nights. Great breakfast with lots of fruit; I will have to try the eggs next time ;)

Dear, Thank you very much for your time to write about Marlon's House Arequipa. We hope you really enjoyed your time in Arequipa and specially at our hostel. We are very happy with your visit and thank you for choose Marlon's House Arequipa as your place to stay. At the same time we really appreciate your contribution about Marlon's House Arequipa. We wish to you all the best God Bless you. Kind Regards. Atte.

Nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Located a few blocks away from the main square (10 minutes by foot at most), on a small "plazeta". Rather quiet by Peruvian standards. Excellent buffet breakfast. Good cleanliness. Recommended address.

Nicest most genuine staff I've ever met. We had an issue with our online reservation (private vs shared bathroom -maybe not their fault) and they were sooo accommodating. Sweetest people. Nice rooftop spaces. Quiet street. Best breakfast I've had in S.A. They just keep bringing food out. If you are looking for sweet caring people, nice facility a bit more quiet with good breakfast I recommend this. Close to things but further away from the chaos.

Dear Guest. We are completely thankful for choosing to Marlon's House Arequipa as your hostel during your stay in the city of Arequipa. We also want to thank you for your contribution about our hostel and services that we offer.We are very glad you have felt comfortable in our home. Have a good time and excellent time in Peru. Atte. Marlon's House Arequipa

We liked staying at Marlon's House. Marlon himself was super nice and really more than helpful with organizing tours (we could have organized our whole trip in advance if we wanted to). In total a nice and quiet place to stay. Only thing I didn't like was that we had to pay for the shower when we returned from a trip (which we booked with them!). I know other hostels also charge for an extra shower but, come on, we stayed 2 nights at their hostel, we booked a tour with them... needless.

Hello. How are you doing? I hope Everything is going excellent with you in Bolivia. Thank you so much for your visit to Arequipa City and specialy to Marlon's House Arequipa. I also appreciate your contribution about our hostel and to be honest with you you are right when you say about the shower but w'll improve that part for sure thak to your contribution. Atte.

Coming to Marlons House in Arequipa is like already having friends there. This familyrun hostel is very nice and calm, and the staff tries to accomodate your needs, whether you stay one night or many. All facilities works well, and everything you need are at hand, lockers, internet, laundry service etc. A nice breakfast with fresh fruit is also included, as well as a lovely roof terrace where one can chill out or sunbathe.

Hello!!! Thank you so much for your contribution and your own experience with us. All the best for you. Thank you so much for visit Arequipa and specially for choose to Marlon's House Arequipa as your place to stay!! Have a nice time and a warm hug for you. Kind Regards. Atte.

The owner was here during my stay and really taking care of its guest, making you feel at home. Ande the buffet breakfast with fresh fruits is really great.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Hello Thank you so much for your nice review about Marlon's House Arequipa and thank also for join and choose to Marlon's as your hostel in Arequipa. All the best for you and enjoyed your time in the next stop have a lot's of fun . God Bless U !!!! Kind Regards. Atte.

A nice, fairly quite hostel, the staff were friendly and great for helping us to organise a trip to Colca Canyon

Hello. Thank you so much for your contribution about Marlon's House Arequipa.We really estimate your comment .Thank you so much for your preference and join wiht us in Arequipa.We hope you took some good memories about the country and especially about Arequipa. God Bless U !!! Kind regards. Atte.