Marlon's House in Arequipa Reviews

Plaza Campo Redondo, 100, Arequipa, Peru

Wonderfully helpful staff. A clean, tidy hostel. Quiet and tucked away but within close proximity to the city centre. Good buffet style breakfast. Wifi good. Cosy rooms. A very sweet family business.

Great hostel. Very friendly staff, hot showers, clean rooms, and a comfy bed.

• 1st Oct 2014

I don't recommend staying here. It is a good price, but there are many other places in Arequipa that are around the same price that I am sure are better. The most annoying thing was the door to get in and out. Especially at night, if you wanted to come and go, you never knew if someone was going to be there to let you back in. I overheard that a couple of girls got stuck out one night because no one let them in. The doorbell is also extremely annoying and can be heard everywhere.

Really enjoyed my stay here, very helpful staff, nice selection for free breakfast and clean comfortable room. Only downside one bathroom per genre on the otherwise of the property which meant sometimes you had to wait but it was always very clean.

Double room was nice and bed was comfy. Staff on front desk were great and helpful with tours. Shower in our room was cold though. Biggest issue is the door bell and phone can be heard loudly in the bedrooms late at night and early in the morning. This needs to be addressed!

There was no working water the 1st morning we were there. Breakfast was VERY basic at best. They charged us more for our room than we had booked through the hostel world website.

• 13th Jul 2014

I think there is BedBug in the room. me and my gf got bitten by it and got really itchy after staying in your hostel

Really friendly stuff and other guests. Yummy breakfast included in the price. Only problem was lack of hot water to take a shower!

No hot water in the dorm bathrooms, only the twin private suite. Noisy--not because of the location, but because walls are thin and the courtyard layout generates a lot of echoes. Helpful staff were happy to assist bookings around town. Nice breakfasts of banana pancakes, bread, eggs, cereal, tomatoes cucumbers and avocado, fresh fruit.

• 26th Jun 2014

We had a great stay at Marlons House in Arequipa, the staff are very friendly and keep the place very clean. You have to be buzzed in to the hostal, which give you some peace of mind, but also makes for some echoing door bells throughout the night. The roof of the building provides a great place to spend some time relaxing in the sun and gives you some pretty nice views of the surrounding area and distant volcanoes. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I am every in Arequipa on a budget

• 16th Jun 2014

Staff were really great and did everything to ensure we felt at home. Shame about the lack of atmosphere and it's a bit of a walk to the main square in comparison to other hostels but they really did make us feel at home.

Marlon's House is one of the best hostel we have been since we are travelling. The staff is just great,the girls speak in English and they help with booking buses, calling doctors,giving you advices,anything you need. The rooms are nice and the breakfast is just fantastic. They are really there to make your stay great!Thank you Marlon's House, I would definitely go back!

LOVE this place - Marlon's House is more like a hotel than a hostel. Great quality beds,nice clean rooms, breakfast is the best plus because is one of my Favorite during my time in PERU.lovely friendly staff, great kitchen, amazing building, location perfect - can't fault it! Cheap too, with a nice/reasonably priced.They organize tour to the canyon for a good rate and excellent Service.Good wifi connection throughout stay.Definitely Highly Recommended.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Beautiful building, Nice terrace wiht amazing view to the montains,great location, and consistently hot showers with good water pressure! Very clean, and I loved the atmosphere! I felt safe all time.. it was quite secure. The facilities is good you have lockers at the reception which is very useful for traveller who use the dorm,the kictchen is very useful for those who wants to cook wery well equipment!!!!The staff was also very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Marlon's House is one of my best hostel I'v been. I really enjoyed staying at this place. It's clean, quiet, secure and in close proximity to Plaza San francisco,pubs,restaurants etc. The staff were really friendly and helpful - Good English spoken. We also really appreciated the good facilities, although check out was at 11am we were able to storage our bags WIFI IS VERY FAST.Tours to the canyon was Amazing Would recommend to others.

• 4th Jun 2014

It was abgreat hostel with nice breakfast and friendly staff

• 4th Jun 2014

Marlon's Hostel is one of the best property i stayed in Peru.Excellent hostel wiht a great location and nice view from the rooftop to the huge volcanoes.Room is very clean and comfortable bed,good hot shower,The best buffet breakfast wiht great fresh juices.Staff extremelly friendly and good english spoken.Very cheap price for all you have. kitchen is well furnished and the common area is big and comfortable. they have a great area where you can sit and organise yourself.Highly Recommended!!!!

• 4th Jun 2014

We arrived very early in the morning, and the staff are very friendly and helpful.offered us free breakfast while our room was being readied.The room was big, clean and beds comfortable.The shower was hot and powerful most of the time.We felt safe at the area.Great location very silence and close to the main atracction.Probably the best quality/price ratio in Peru.We booked our tour to Colca Canyon with them.Perfect organization Excellent tour guide,great meals.I definitely recommend this place.

• 4th Jun 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Incredibly friendly staff does whatever they can to assist you with your needs. The hostel is close to the main tourist areas and the wifi is excellent. The breakfast is also excellent. Highly recommend without hesitation.

New location for this hostel, great spot but does get loud at night as a bar close by, just bring ear plugs. The staff are great!! Breakfast fantastic, enormous kitchen - good wifi. Great spot!