Marquee Guest Houzz Reviews

No.34 (1st Floor), Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I stayed here multiple times because it's a great location at a great price and has all the transport links you need very close by. Though on no occasion did I find many western travellers, which obviously isn't an issue unless you're travelling on your own and are looking to meet up with people who speak English, if that is you, this may not be the best place. Other than that, I really liked it here!

Overall pleasant stay, atmosphere was at times a bit dead . The computers were set away for repair but the staff allowed us to use the ones behind the desk. Comfy beds , plenty of privacy. would stay again.

Doesnt have a lounge. Small lockers. Not clean. But nice atmosphere and balcony.

The best hostel ever!

• 18th Jul 2014

Actually not so bad,but the boss there is not nice,want to make a complain about her,I did book the 4 people famale room,at the beginning,the room is right,later she change me to the six female room ,but charge the same price,my roommates all cheaper than me,the boss lied to say they book earlier,I did ask them,just found the hostel after arrival,the boss still overcharge me,she is not nice,that thing makes me very unhappy.

I took a bus to the puduraya thought from there to take any LRT to the pasar seni, however, the person incharge in the station told us that walk there only need ten minutes, so we just walk from the puduraya to petaling street and use the GPS to reach the hostel. anyway, the place is quite strategic just that we realized that the air-conditional was off when we awake, it become a bit hot and we are all awaken due to hotness. Otherwise it is quite a good place to stay.

good location, just 2mins walk from the subway station and near china town. Cheap fee includes breakfast, even i haven't tried because go my own fault that I got up too late. Anyway it values for money, will stay here next time when I visit Malaysia.

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed at. New/freshly renovated bathrooms that I would be happy to have in my own house. Great showers. Dorm rooms all come with a power point, light, and small locker in head of bed. Other bigger lockers also available. Staff were very helpful, allowed me to postpone my second night a few days because a friend came to visit and we needed a private room. Located in the middle of central market and a stones throw from China town or Pasar Seni bus/train station.

Location is very convenient, easy access for bus and train. This hostel has very good potential to be great. Staff don't seemed to be too eager to welcome customers or help them. They do help if you ask, but I felt more like interrupting them with something when I asked for help. And please put toilet paper to inside the toilets, not outside. There is no nice common area to hung around with other guests.

Good value hostel in KL - big room with strong A/C for a reasonable price. My only complaints are: 1) it was difficult to find based on the Hostelworld directions, 2) the wifi signal was pretty weak from the farthest room on the top floor (Malaysia) and 3) the locker that is built into the bunk beds is quite small, and can't fit a DSLR camera.

Wifi is faulty at times which isn't a big deal, until you need to viber or skype :/ Laundry is available at I think 8 ringgits ($3 USD) per kilogram. Good location, has the basics of your typical hostel.

Very nice and clean hostel in the centre of the city! Everything was within walking distance, be it china town or MTR/ KTM Komuter stations, nearly everything you needed was close. Only small complaints were the breakfast in which the toaster didn't work and food was kept outside in the heat which caused the bread to be kind of nasty at times and also the lack of laundry facilities. The closest laundromat was in china town somewhere and quite difficult to find if you don't know the area!

Located right in the city centre and Pasar Seni metro/train station which was great and near the free purple bus stop. Clean. Breakfast is simple toast and jam/butter, free drinking water. The walls can be thin so sometimes it's easy to hear people walking and talking in the halls. Some of the workers are not from the area so sometimes they didn't know answers to your question. Overall, Good Cheap place for your basic hostel.

A nice place to stay, value for money.

This is an excellent hostel, great location, right next to Sentral Market. Very clean. Great value. Only complaint is that breakfast is served outside in the smoking area.

Very nice place to stay, rooms are clean and u have a curtain in your bed that gives some privacy. Stuff are very nice too!

I like the hostel here very much. Central and the beds were very comfortable!

Was a good stay. Nothing Special. Good for one night.

Nice hostel, great location. This hostel was "A-class"

Need to fix WiFi issues. Nice location though.

View all Kuala Lumpur Bed and Breakfasts