Marquee Guest Houzz Reviews

No.34 (1st Floor), Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nice and clean hostel right next to central market.

The room is comfortable with curtain self. The bathroom are clean. Best Location, the Central market is just across the street, near LRT pasar seni. But I saw small cockroaches in my room not just one....

They have bedbugs. The staff didnt seem to care much when i told her: "Someone will vacuum the room"... Ok then...

The #1 asset of this hostel is the location. Right across Markey Sentral and next to Chinatown, you have plenty of choices for any kind of restaurants, quick snack, ice cream, shopping and also very quick access to attractions and public transportation. I went to eat in Bintang district (20-min walk) and I preferred the Guest Houzz area much more. The staff is nice and the place is very clean the bathrooms are big but I give "Average" to facilities because the the communal areas are very small.

I have stayed there several times while passing through KL, it's always clean, cool & comfy. Location is perfect for public transport, right next to Sentral Market. Bunks hv private light & private curtains. Sam is doing a fabulous job keeping everything running smoothly while there is an obvious lack of staff. Good place with good value.

Great place to stay! Very Central! Staff are lovely and the rooms are great! Only suggest 2 things, make the outside area into a bar and that the bed sheets are thicker as I was a little cold at night! Other than that! Great place!

I really liked Marquee, the beds are very comfortable, with individual plugs and light. Also the location is very central, easy to access. The staff is also super helpful and very welcoming, specially Sam, such a sweet girl. I stayed twice there already and I would stay again.

Since l hv been there last, the staff has improved. Great location. It's clean. Bunks are good, private lights & power points. Easy access to public transport. Will go back again. No problems.

The staff is really nice and helpful and the hotel atmosphere is great, but... (1) I book female bedroom, but without telling me I check into a mix bedroom. (2) Bed bug bite. (3) Recommend you need to bring your booking confirmation sheet. (4) The last user didn't return the locker key, therefore I couldn't use the locker which is provided to me.

The location was very nice! The staffs here were friendly and I even had a meal with one of the staffs.

非常愉快的入住体验,工作人员特别友好,还会再来i

• 24th Aug 2014
  • China

No towels even for extra charge available when I arrived, had to ask for blanket since there was none on my bed, not enough space for personal stuff in the room (4 girls dorm), the floor in the bathroom always wet and no flip fops allowed, was noisy at night.. Wifi was good though. Probably the hostel is not that bad, just all the things happened to me on first day so I ended up staying in another place for next days.

People running around at 2 am. Apparently I was the third person to complain, but all the night manager did was shift in his chair and look at the CCTV. He should be given the authority to act, and he should be motivated enough to do something. Not good enough. Bed bugs found on first night. When I reported this the night manager more or less said you get them in every place. Not the right response. Great location, good facilities-reading lights, privacy curtains and sockets. Sam is a gem.

I stayed here multiple times because it's a great location at a great price and has all the transport links you need very close by. Though on no occasion did I find many western travellers, which obviously isn't an issue unless you're travelling on your own and are looking to meet up with people who speak English, if that is you, this may not be the best place. Other than that, I really liked it here!

Overall pleasant stay, atmosphere was at times a bit dead . The computers were set away for repair but the staff allowed us to use the ones behind the desk. Comfy beds , plenty of privacy. would stay again.

Doesnt have a lounge. Small lockers. Not clean. But nice atmosphere and balcony.

The best hostel ever!

• 18th Jul 2014

Actually not so bad,but the boss there is not nice,want to make a complain about her,I did book the 4 people famale room,at the beginning,the room is right,later she change me to the six female room ,but charge the same price,my roommates all cheaper than me,the boss lied to say they book earlier,I did ask them,just found the hostel after arrival,the boss still overcharge me,she is not nice,that thing makes me very unhappy.

I took a bus to the puduraya thought from there to take any LRT to the pasar seni, however, the person incharge in the station told us that walk there only need ten minutes, so we just walk from the puduraya to petaling street and use the GPS to reach the hostel. anyway, the place is quite strategic just that we realized that the air-conditional was off when we awake, it become a bit hot and we are all awaken due to hotness. Otherwise it is quite a good place to stay.

good location, just 2mins walk from the subway station and near china town. Cheap fee includes breakfast, even i haven't tried because go my own fault that I got up too late. Anyway it values for money, will stay here next time when I visit Malaysia.

View all Kuala Lumpur Bed and Breakfasts