Maruhubi Beach Villar Reviews

Zanzibar, Zanzibar, Tanzania

Juma was extremely nice and helpful during our stay. He arranged a snorkeling trip for us with lunch included. The restaurant staff was very friendly and be food was decent. The sunset over the pool/beach was beautiful. You do need to take a cab to go anywhere outside of the hostel though, as there is an unsafe area near by. The hostel itself is very secure.

We arrived in early June & I suspect that we were the only guests at the time. We had booked the day before for one night, with the possibility of extended our stay by a few nights whilst we were in Zanzibar. However, we weren't aware that there isn't a bar at the hotel and whilst this isn't a pre-requisite for everyone, it was for us, so we only stayed the one night. Luckily the hotel next door is only a few minutes walk away. The room we were allocated near the entrance was basic but clean.

• 3rd Jun 2013

I really recommend this hotel! The manager and staff was real friendly and helpful with everything. We were staying in Maruhubi for a week in March and we basically had the place for ourselves. The location perfect, right by the water and very close to Stone town, which gave you a lot of options on what to do. We watched the sunset while laying in the pool almost every evening. Breakfast was real good too. Our room was small but had a big porch, air con, small fridge and good sized beds.

This was the first hostel I had stayed at and I really was nervous about staying there. When I arrived at the hostel my sister and I were welcomed by Juma. We loved this place. The staff was outstanding. They were so friendly. The pool was wonderful. We walked up and down the beach. It was beautiful. The food was great. Juma made arrangements for us to go to stone town and prison island. Everything was awesome. I would highly recommend this place.

• 13th Jan 2013

The staff was really excellent. The hotel manager, Juma, greeted me warmly by name whenever I met him, and he helped arrange a trip to a new years party at the northen part of the island. Stone town is fairly close by.

After hectic Dar and the slightly chaotic port of Stone Town, arriving at Maruhubi was pure pleasure - even though the first person I met told me they were full and didn't know of my reservation. This was quickly sorted out, and the rest of my stay was mostly hassle free. The only little hitch was the cost of outings arranged by the staff . The price first agreed upon was never correct. Though not extremely costly, the final price always seemed to be at least 50% higher than the agreed price.

Very nice and helpfull staff. Nice location on the beach. It's a shame they are putting new buildings in between the villas. This spoiles the privacy and the look of the place. Food is good and not expensive.

Very nice place with very friendly people. It takes about 10 minutes to get to Stone Town from this place. You cannot really walk it. Takes about 25 minutes to the airport. The price was exactly as stated in the hostelworld email, so what you see is what you pay (which is rather uncommon for Zanzibar standards :) so thumbs up for Maruhubi).

• 9th Jun 2012

Maruhubi was fabulous, the owner & staff were so helpful in ensuring we saw all of Zanzibar easily. They offer really good and affordable excursions such as an incredible Spice Tour, and a snorkeling day from Prison Island.. picked us up from the beach and when we came back the hotel had hot ginger tea waiting for us (it was so delicious!!!) The shower pressure is not great and the food takes a long time at the restaurant. The location and rooms are beautiful and the staff are so accommodating.

Hi We had a wonderful stay at Maruhubi beach villas. The staff was super nice and went beyond the call of duty to make sure that we felt welcomed and were catered for. The rooms were clean and fresh always the food, my Gosh! The atmosphere was just unbelievable. I would recommend this to everyone I will go back again if only for their hospitality. All in all a good holiday destination!!!

• 29th Feb 2012
  • South Africa

I would apreciate more variable breakfast, but I know it is very dificult to get for example ham, sausages, cheese in this area :-)

• 24th Dec 2011
  • Czech Republic
  • All Male Group, 41+

Great location! Friendly and helpful staff! We enjoyed everything at the hotel as well as all of the tours that they arranged for us!

• 4th Sep 2011

Very beautiful place, however not much to do. The beach isn't as pristine as some of the locations farther out of stone town, but overall a good stay!

Quaint place. Quiet. Nice pool and restaurant. Not much of a beach area - but a nice walk at low tide. Wifi in rooms 11 and 12. Safe and fridge in rooms. Hot water. Nicely appointed rooms. Very attentive and friendly staff (Juma is awesome). A 200 TSH dalla-dalla ride to/from town (6000TSH for a cab). Nice alternative to beach only up the coast and town only.

Really great place, super helpfull and friendly staff. Beautiful spot 5 min from Stone town but feels a million miles away and secluded. Love the fact that the hotel has its own pool overlooking the beach but we also went swimming in the sea as do many locals who we had an enjoyable chat for several hours but with no hassle whatsoever. Would reccommend this place to anyone who is looking for a refreshing break in Zanzibar.

Maruhubi Beach Villas are wonderful! This was such a great surprise! The staff is amazing-friendly, polite and hardworking. The rooms are adorable and the setting is gorgeous. I really feel we got a superb value. I highly recommend Maruhubi Beach Villas!

Its nice and close to Stone Town, but there is a amazing views from the porch of the rooms and from the pool. If you want to be near Stone Town, but not in the busy streets, its just a dala dala away from the main station which is like 5 minutes away.

Very nice hotel, overlooking the sea, nice pool and friendly staff. Disadvantage: distance to stone town, taxi is necessary to get there.

We love Djuma! All staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The plentiful breakfast was wonderful and very welcome! Particularly the pancakes. They organised the tours very well. Djuma was very generous and accomodating.

• 21st Dec 2010