Mary's House Reviews

Via della Scala n. 43, Florence, Italy

Very convenient location with 5 mins walk from Florence SMN train station, this is a family own guess house, the owner Mary makes you feel very welcome, we traveled with a child and they even offered us additional bed without any additional fee... Thanks for the clean/comfortable/convenient location... Definitely will come back again. Note: if travel with big suitcase, be prepared for stairs (no elevator)

this place is not chill. my room was right next to reception, literally could not even walk to bathroom without being in sight of reception. bathroom did not have a real shower so I was scared to use it.

This is a fabulous hostel, highly recommended. The price is excellent. It's super close to the train station and central city. The owners make you feel very welcome, but there is absolutely no intrusion on your privacy. Room was huge, great air conditioning, large bed, and they were also very accommodating for me to leave my bag at both ends of my stay. Would go back! Thanks

It was clean and comfortable. Operated by the family. Were all very kind. Convenient in front of the station. I would definitely recommend.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Japan
  • Couple, 41+

Please read the followings before you book this hostel: Pros : The toilet is clean and the hot water is good. The location is excellent. Cons: The hostel full of strange smell and I think the smell is come out someone's underarm. Mary is nice and will go inside ur room in the morning. I am so scared when I saw she wanted to come into my room although I have locked the door. Her son is so strange and ask for so many things when you come back and going out.

Stayed with Mary for one night. The room was big and light, the windows were to the street which was noisy but the windows were really good to keep the noise out. No complains + the kebab show 20m from the door was amazing!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location was right next to the train station so if I didnt want to walk I could just get a bus, but I didn't have to because everything was within walking distance too. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

The owners were very nice and attentive to my needs. My room was very clean and I had no issues. The location is also incredibly conveniently, located only 5 minutes away from the train station. The price was also very reasonable. The only issue I had was that the water for the shower was a little too hot, but this was only a minor inconvenience for me.

• 5th May 2014

Great location. I booked late, & this was a great value single room which was perfect for me as a single female traveller. The owners were nice, everything was straight-forward. It was simple & basic, I.e no breakfast, but that suited me. I was shown & given a map of Florence when I arrived which was helpful in orientating me. Slippers are a sensible thing to have with you as my room wasn't on suite. Thanks.

• 3rd May 2014

Mary is an old lady who is mechanically polite but not really hospitable, her son is more friendly. A single room for 38 euro in Florenze is good, especially for such central location, but this guesthouse almost have no facilities, such as locker, micro oven, common room....and it is totally not sound proof, you can clearly hear every out/ in side of the house! Generally, If you want quite and comfort, you should pay 35 euro more to get a decent hotel, or you should pay less for a real hostel!

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts