Masada Backpacker Reviews

1st Floor, No.9, Jalan Masjid Lama, Mosque Valley, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

The hostel is very nice, with stylish common areas and enough space everywhere. The big plus of this hostel is the fact that it is so central and above all its staff! The nicest, most welcoming people I met in 4 month travelling😍! Would always come back cause of them!!! Thanks so much! The rooms it self are very clean, very convenient are the bedside tables, though rooms are not as stylish as common area. The walls are a bit thin so you can actually here the people in the common area downstairs

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Nice hostel, good location. Pretty basic, but clean and helpful staff.

The Staffs are friendly and helpful, location near to bus terminal, easly to travel to the outskirt, airport bus within walking distance @RM5.Nearby the gaya street within walking distace.Jesselton jetty within 10-15minutes.The room is clean and cold when you open air cond but if your room don't have windows then it will very stuffed unless you open ventilation but it may be a little big noisy but we are no issue on it.

Super close to the airport bus stop. Staff were friendly and was allowed to check in a bit early which was good. Stayed in a 4 bed female dorm which was spacious and had a spot for your pack. Air con in the room was good. Bathrooms were fine, pretty clean although no soap for the basin in the toilet which was annoying. Free breakfast was pretty standard. Wifi worked fairly well. Cute personalised welcome on a backboard by the door. Only complaint would be not enough sofas/comfortable areas.

Staff are all friendly, kind and helpful. The decorations of the hostel make you feel welcomed and warmed. Everything designed shows how thoughtful the owner of this hostel is. Have to compliment on the tidiness and cleanliness of washroom and bathroom. I have stayed there for a week time, and on the last day, I did not even want to leave, part of the reason is because of this great hostel.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

great little hostel! it is a bit hard to find as the street signs in the area aren't great but it's clean and everyone has their own locker. unfortunately as we were sharing a room we weren't allowed a key to our actual room but just our lockers and the owners thought it was weird that we wanted to lock our room during the day as well as the lockers. fruit is included in the breakfast which is a bonus!

Nice place to stay and strongly recommend to my friends.

This hostel is wonderful. The staff were very friendly with me. I got food poisoning at a street stand and they we're very caring and always asked me if I needed anything. The hostel is located in the center of Kota Kinabalu, and next to the bus station. The AC is turned off between noon and 5pm so the rooms get very hot at that time. There is a nice lounge area upstairs with a TV and 2 computers. The wifi worked well, but sometimes it lagged when there were many people using it.

Your hostel was great in every way, the rooms and bathrooms were super clean and tidy, however the wifi was almost unusable! Even the computers which you provided didn't have a good connection which made it very hard for us to make arrangements or search for what we wanted to do

• 18th Jun 2015

Masada is a great place to stay with great staff and great advice and recommendations. Sometimes the Internet was slow but it was the same with all of KK so not the fault of the hostel. Good place to book tours, good place to just chill and relax. Clean very clean. Stay there...you won't regret. No booked for 2 nights and extended for 5 more :)

I had a wonderful stay at the hostel.

This hostel was great! The best thing was how helpful the staff are. I had asked about a taxi to an aquarium and Peter, the owner, offered to take me for only RM20 return - a very reasonable price. He even showed me a temple and the observation deck on the way back, no extra charge. Only thing is the beds are creaky - the top bunk was noisy. Apart from that, everything was lovely. Shampoo/soap provided, lockers, (simple) breakfast, fine location. Staff were outstanding.

Staff were always helpful and smiling. it made my staying more comfortable.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Exeptionally clean Hostel, good showers and toilets, super-friendly staff!

• 2nd Jun 2015

i cant see negative things about masada. i love it! i made friends with the staff and my co travellers. plus! they have a clean comfort room. such a homy atmosphere. highly recommended 👍

Awesome place and stay. The staff were really helpful and the toilets were awesome.

Comfy but basic hostel, close a bus station which it is easy get the mountain.

It was closed to Sunday market and you can walk to food market too. It was excellent location. The room, bathroom, kitchen and public area were clean. There are a few local restaurants near the hostel. And the bus to the airport nearby the hostel.

Nice staffs and clean room. I would like to stay here again!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Taiwan

I enjoyed my stay in Masada. I experienced another hostel in KK, so I can compare and give here the + and - of this hostel. The beds are really confortable and invite for a long sleep. I stayed in 4 different rooms, and I prefered the ones upstairs that have windows. The breakfast was simple but tasty. Unfortunately the "social space" is rather small, and I met most of the people at breakfast time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4