Masada Backpacker Reviews

1st Floor, No.9, Jalan Masjid Lama, Mosque Valley, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Super close to the airport bus stop. Staff were friendly and was allowed to check in a bit early which was good. Stayed in a 4 bed female dorm which was spacious and had a spot for your pack. Air con in the room was good. Bathrooms were fine, pretty clean although no soap for the basin in the toilet which was annoying. Free breakfast was pretty standard. Wifi worked fairly well. Cute personalised welcome on a backboard by the door. Only complaint would be not enough sofas/comfortable areas.

great little hostel! it is a bit hard to find as the street signs in the area aren't great but it's clean and everyone has their own locker. unfortunately as we were sharing a room we weren't allowed a key to our actual room but just our lockers and the owners thought it was weird that we wanted to lock our room during the day as well as the lockers. fruit is included in the breakfast which is a bonus!

Nice place to stay and strongly recommend to my friends.

Your hostel was great in every way, the rooms and bathrooms were super clean and tidy, however the wifi was almost unusable! Even the computers which you provided didn't have a good connection which made it very hard for us to make arrangements or search for what we wanted to do

• 18th Jun 2015

Masada is a great place to stay with great staff and great advice and recommendations. Sometimes the Internet was slow but it was the same with all of KK so not the fault of the hostel. Good place to book tours, good place to just chill and relax. Clean very clean. Stay there...you won't regret. No booked for 2 nights and extended for 5 more :)

I had a wonderful stay at the hostel.

This hostel was great! The best thing was how helpful the staff are. I had asked about a taxi to an aquarium and Peter, the owner, offered to take me for only RM20 return - a very reasonable price. He even showed me a temple and the observation deck on the way back, no extra charge. Only thing is the beds are creaky - the top bunk was noisy. Apart from that, everything was lovely. Shampoo/soap provided, lockers, (simple) breakfast, fine location. Staff were outstanding.

Staff were always helpful and smiling. it made my staying more comfortable.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Exeptionally clean Hostel, good showers and toilets, super-friendly staff!

• 2nd Jun 2015

i cant see negative things about masada. i love it! i made friends with the staff and my co travellers. plus! they have a clean comfort room. such a homy atmosphere. highly recommended 👍

Awesome place and stay. The staff were really helpful and the toilets were awesome.

Comfy but basic hostel, close a bus station which it is easy get the mountain.

It was closed to Sunday market and you can walk to food market too. It was excellent location. The room, bathroom, kitchen and public area were clean. There are a few local restaurants near the hostel. And the bus to the airport nearby the hostel.

Nice staffs and clean room. I would like to stay here again!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Taiwan

I enjoyed my stay in Masada. I experienced another hostel in KK, so I can compare and give here the + and - of this hostel. The beds are really confortable and invite for a long sleep. I stayed in 4 different rooms, and I prefered the ones upstairs that have windows. The breakfast was simple but tasty. Unfortunately the "social space" is rather small, and I met most of the people at breakfast time.

Nice clean place, good location, friendly and helpful staff. We were able to book our trip to mount Kinabalu here for 800rm, best price we could find, great deal!

I actually did not stay at this hostel! I meant to book it in a different "Masada" (Masada, Israel) but messed up pretty badly. Sorry for not showing up!

A absolute must stay if you are in KL. I stayed here a total of 3 times in my time in Borneo and this was mainly because of how amazing th staff were! Could not do enough for you and were so friendly! I would recommend to anyone!

The location very near to all types of market. The girls at counter are very cooperative and gives you the information about the places where you can visit in Kota Kinabalu and near byfor e.g. Ranu Hot water spring, lubwan island ,KK National park and islands by boat. One Computer at ground floor near toilets must be kept to have internet access at ground floor and not to go first floor and disturb others.

Excellent hostel!