Masada Backpacker Reviews

1st Floor, No.9, Jalan Masjid Lama, Mosque Valley, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

First of all, Madasa is very close to the last airport bus stop, which makes it very easy to get to. The staff are very helpful. And it's surprisingly CLEAN! Many details in the hostel show the consideration of the owner, such as a small basket hung close to the power sockets, where you can put your phone if the cord is too short. The AC in my dorm room is very quiet. I had a good sleep after a 3-day insomnia. The only thing is the sign at the front door. It's too dark to recognize at night.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • China

I really loved the new renovated look. Will return again for sure. Only minus were the thin walls of the new rooms.

Excellent hostel. Free bread, cake and drinking water provided. Very nice Staff! Electricity socket prodived for every bed. If i come back, I will stay here again!

Wifi didn't work sometimes, but I think that's Malaysia for you. Beds are comfortable, but the top bunks are a little creaky/wobbly. Other than that a very nice place. Clean, great staff, not too busy and located walking distance to everything.

A good deal for the money in KK, about a 15-20 minute walk to Jesse Point and walking distance to lots of restaurants and night markets. The neighborhood around the hostel itself doesn't have too much. The bed was really comfortable (we had the double bed room, it was a nice big bed) but the room itself had no windows. In fact, I think none of the rooms have windows, this was kind of a disappointment for us. Clean place and helpful staff: gave us umbrella and adapter to use!

We found the hostel very clean, well air conditioned and spacious. The staff was very helpful! One of us got sick and had to visit hospital daily - the staff checked on her and helped us in many ways! The city center is walking distance away (~10-15min). Breakfast consists of toast, jam, banana and coffee.

Great staff and good hostel! The home-made Gaya was very nice, always bread and tea available any time during the day. They even let me keep my bad there 10 days later when I got back to KK after my short trip around Borneo, aweseome!

Staff are incredibly helpful and kind. They do a great job keeping the place clean and guests happy. Breakfast can be taken at any time. Location is far enough to be quiet and relaxing while in walking distance of the jetty, bars, food, etc.

• 18th Dec 2014

Will definitely recommend this place

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Very clean and friendly staff. Good breakfast, 10 min walk to the center. It's a little bit weird how the ground floor en 1st floor are connected and some people are staying there for a long time and take over the room/living room.

Very good location arriving or leaving with the airport bus. Very clean, pleasant and helpful staff, very secure guest house. The owner is redecorating the guest house. The pictures that you have to anounce the guest house, are completely different from the reality, you should change them. The double room are quite small, but well decorated, a bit expensive 80 RM, with a common bathroom

• 17th Nov 2014

The staff are very nice especially Meg! The rooms are great, very clean and comfortable.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Absolutely fantastic hostel. Good security, staff are helpful and friendly. Bottomless towels are great! They have a covered line for drying clothes, breakfast all day with cereal and milk and coffee and toast and jam and fruit. The rooms are clean, beds sturdy, outlets a plenty, neat shelves for packs and separate lockers for your valuables. The common area works very well for meeting other people - one of the best hostels I've been to!

Location is very good. It only takes a few minutes to walk to the Gaya street and the Jessie point. Very convenient. Staffs there are very nice. Free breakfast provided also! First choice if I go back to KK again.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • China

This place is very clean. Which make me very comfortable staying here for 2 nights. The staffs is nice and helpful. In term of location wise, this place very near to Padang Merdeka, where it's the place you can take a taxi or airport bus. Also it only 10minutes walk to Filipino Market. Very convenience.

Changed my second night of stay for three times, because of climbing Mt. Kinabalu and it was no problem! Extreme friendly staff! All day breakfast, good location near bus terminal. Definitely recommend!

I had a pleasant stay here. Staff made me feel very welcome & are very helpful. The atmosphere is cosy & i felt like i was home. Room very clean, lockers very spacious. Location fairly close to everything. There's even a KFC & a convenience store just a few blocks. I would recommend this hostel.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Excellent location, lovely helpful staff and good clean facilities. I would recommend Masada very highly!

• 25th Oct 2014

Great hostel to meet other solo travelers! The staff was great! Big and clean beds. The locations is in a shady location, but there is lots of security

A nice, clean hostel. It was only a 3-minute walk from the airport shuttle drop-off point and a 10 or 15-minute walk to the waterfront. The staff didn't seem especially knowledgeable about tours or things to do in Borneo, but they were nice and gave me a few good recommendations for later hostels. All day breakfasts, coffee, milo, and cookies were much appreciated. A good jumping off point if you have to spend the night in KK.

« first « Prev 1 2 3