Masada Backpacker Reviews

1st Floor, No.9, Jalan Masjid Lama, Mosque Valley, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Kind staffs, Very clean, Cozy room I enjoyed staying there!!

I really like this hostel. It's very clean, the staff ist friendly, its quite big, and there are different choices for breakfast and free drinking water. Beds are comfy as well Only the WiFi is reaaaaaally slow.

Loved staying at Masada Backpacker. Staff was fantastic and the facilities were great.

• 9th Aug 2015

Lovely hostel with very friendly and helpful staff, would certainly reccomend this hostel to anyone!

It's very nice hostel! It's clean and nice stuff! They can recommend tours and knows about local buses! They offer continental breakfastbreakfast, but always with fresh fruits! It's delicious! Thanks for all!

Excellent hostel, definitely recommended

• 5th Aug 2015

Wonderful place to stay, hang out, meet people. The staff are awesome!

• 4th Aug 2015

Clean, comfortable and super friendly/helpful staff! Great hostel and great location. Breakfast and snacks are pretty good as well! A bit hard to find for most taxi drivers - so make sure you note the address on top of the name of the hostel! Wi-fi was extremely slow - that's the only negative I can think of (I'm currently in the jungle in Sepilok and it's much faster!)

Love the free Milo!

The hostel is very nice, with stylish common areas and enough space everywhere. The big plus of this hostel is the fact that it is so central and above all its staff! The nicest, most welcoming people I met in 4 month travelling😍! Would always come back cause of them!!! Thanks so much! The rooms it self are very clean, very convenient are the bedside tables, though rooms are not as stylish as common area. The walls are a bit thin so you can actually here the people in the common area downstairs

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Great base for travel around Sabah. Comfortable, friendly & clean. Met friends there I ended up travelling with for my whole holiday. Returned twice more during stay.

Nice hostel, good location. Pretty basic, but clean and helpful staff.

The Staffs are friendly and helpful, location near to bus terminal, easly to travel to the outskirt, airport bus within walking distance @RM5.Nearby the gaya street within walking distace.Jesselton jetty within 10-15minutes.The room is clean and cold when you open air cond but if your room don't have windows then it will very stuffed unless you open ventilation but it may be a little big noisy but we are no issue on it.

Very friendly staff and comfortable stay at the hostel. Very conveniently located next to the airport shuttle as well as other shuttles to far off places in Sabah from KK. Close to the city center - easy to walk around and navigate yourself.

Super close to the airport bus stop. Staff were friendly and was allowed to check in a bit early which was good. Stayed in a 4 bed female dorm which was spacious and had a spot for your pack. Air con in the room was good. Bathrooms were fine, pretty clean although no soap for the basin in the toilet which was annoying. Free breakfast was pretty standard. Wifi worked fairly well. Cute personalised welcome on a backboard by the door. Only complaint would be not enough sofas/comfortable areas.

Staff are all friendly, kind and helpful. The decorations of the hostel make you feel welcomed and warmed. Everything designed shows how thoughtful the owner of this hostel is. Have to compliment on the tidiness and cleanliness of washroom and bathroom. I have stayed there for a week time, and on the last day, I did not even want to leave, part of the reason is because of this great hostel.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

great little hostel! it is a bit hard to find as the street signs in the area aren't great but it's clean and everyone has their own locker. unfortunately as we were sharing a room we weren't allowed a key to our actual room but just our lockers and the owners thought it was weird that we wanted to lock our room during the day as well as the lockers. fruit is included in the breakfast which is a bonus!

Nice place to stay and strongly recommend to my friends.

This hostel is wonderful. The staff were very friendly with me. I got food poisoning at a street stand and they we're very caring and always asked me if I needed anything. The hostel is located in the center of Kota Kinabalu, and next to the bus station. The AC is turned off between noon and 5pm so the rooms get very hot at that time. There is a nice lounge area upstairs with a TV and 2 computers. The wifi worked well, but sometimes it lagged when there were many people using it.

Your hostel was great in every way, the rooms and bathrooms were super clean and tidy, however the wifi was almost unusable! Even the computers which you provided didn't have a good connection which made it very hard for us to make arrangements or search for what we wanted to do

• 18th Jun 2015