Masada Backpacker

Fabulous 1107 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1107 Total Reviews

1st Feb 2017

Great place to stay, I came and went 3 different times, and kept checking back in. They held my luggage while climbing the mountain. Everything is clean, beds are comfortable. Good location to explore the city!

• Ireland, Female, 41+
28th Jan 2017
8.0

We really enjoyed our stay! Staff cleanliness were very good so much so we stayed 2 extra nights!

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
27th Jan 2017
6.3

The hostel is pretty comfortable and definitely clean. However, location wise it's a little further than the main happening streets. The roads are a little dark and quiet. Traveling sole and being a female, I had to have my guards up. Just in case.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Jan 2017

We stayed here for the remained of our time in Kota Kinabalu, as it was situated in the city and makes it easy to get around. The hostel is clean and tidy and there is always a member of staff around if you need any help. The facilities here were good especially on days when we were not too busy, they have access to computers and TV, where you can watch a selection of movies. The breakfast in the morning was basic but it is what you make it, they also have coffee and water available for guests.

• USA, Male, 41+
12th Jan 2017

Had a good stay. Staff very friendly, good location (15 minute walk to jetty, night market, etc. Nothing fancy, but good for the price. Only complaint was the wifi was spotty, however I was unable to find good wifi anywhere in Borneo : )

12th Jan 2017

I think this is a brilliant hostel. The location is great. The beds are very comfortable, they give you two pillows! Nice sized lockers. Multiple showers and toilets. Great breakfast! Wifi was lightning fast and they have a washing machine thanks free for you to use!!! I have been to hostels all over earth and that is a first for me.. My only complaint would be that the showers have hot water heaters but don't work. I am coming back from the jungle to stay again tomorrow night. 👍🏽

11th Jan 2017

The people were great, always there to answer questions or assist! Laundry is free, just need your own powder! And the air con, a blessing in Asia!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
24th Dec 2016

Good location and nice rooms. Atmosphere was a bit quiet when I was there.

15th Dec 2016

Enjoyed my stay here. Helpful staff. Good breakfast. Laundry machine available at no cost. Clean and secure. Would stay here again.

9th Dec 2016
6.6

Dorms on the ground floor have no windows which is quite claustrophobic. Besides, they lead to the common area and entrance which means that they get quite a bit of noise from people checking in late or early in the morning. Would not recommend.