Masada Backpacker Reviews

1st Floor, No.9, Jalan Masjid Lama, Mosque Valley, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Nice clean place, good location, friendly and helpful staff. We were able to book our trip to mount Kinabalu here for 800rm, best price we could find, great deal!

I actually did not stay at this hostel! I meant to book it in a different "Masada" (Masada, Israel) but messed up pretty badly. Sorry for not showing up!

A absolute must stay if you are in KL. I stayed here a total of 3 times in my time in Borneo and this was mainly because of how amazing th staff were! Could not do enough for you and were so friendly! I would recommend to anyone!

The location very near to all types of market. The girls at counter are very cooperative and gives you the information about the places where you can visit in Kota Kinabalu and near byfor e.g. Ranu Hot water spring, lubwan island ,KK National park and islands by boat. One Computer at ground floor near toilets must be kept to have internet access at ground floor and not to go first floor and disturb others.

Excellent hostel!

The hostel is right next to the bus station, so it's easy to get there from the airport, and it's easy to go to mount Kinabalu. So location is good, the breakfast is average (the coffee is VERY good)

We found Masada hostel not as great as we expected it to be. Very basic, but showers were clean and hot. Toilets had cockroaches but aside from that good location for buses out of Kota Kinabulu and to the airport.

Place is in vicinity of central bus station and city centre, however hidden in right way that is not loud there. Girls who take care of everything are very nice and helpful especially when u need schedule your trip somewhere. If you would like to visit more hidden places from tourist aks their boss who is there almost every moring. This guy was almost everywere on Borneo. Atmosphere of evenings when people begin talk about their trips is unique. After three weeks there I felt likelike at home.

• 9th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

I like the environment in the hostel,is like a family very friendly and very warm in the hostel.You can meet a lot of people around the world sit together and share ur story,is the very nice at that moment when we all get together. The location is a big far from Gaya Street which that is the center of the Kota Kinabalu town , but as a backpacker i think that is not a big problem for you to walk to there. :)

• 5th May 2015
  • ChinHui
  • Malaysia

Really nice place, so clean and so cheap, I'll definitely be back there if I go back to KK !! all the staffs are really friendly and helpfull

Clean and comfortable hostel. Perfect place to stay when visiting Kota Kinabalu. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Within walkign distance of all main attractions in the city too!

Very nice place with nice staff members. It seems like everything is brand new or just really well maintained and cleaned. I would stay here again

Free breakfast was a nice touch, endless supply of water, juice and peanut butter sandwiches! Yum!

V clean and comfy

Helpful, friendly atmosphere, close to bus station and walking distance to waterfront.

Great staff. Very friendly, helped with some tour bookings and very knowledgeable on traveling.

Great facilities and nice and clean!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a lot). Lovely accommodating staff, nice rooms with a/c, wireless internet, a large personal locker, a nice shelf with plug socket by each bed, power showers (with hot water - and shower gel and shampoo included), towels available, comfy sofas to sit on. Two computers with printing if needed. And my favourite bit - hot drinks and/or cold water whenever you want! I loved this place. It's also close to the bus stops/station

A great place to stay in KK. Very kind staff with lots of tips for my trip to Borneo.

The place and the staff are really good. The staff were especially helpful in giving directions.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels