Masada Backpacker Reviews

1st Floor, No.9, Jalan Masjid Lama, Mosque Valley, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

This hostel is wonderful. The staff were very friendly with me. I got food poisoning at a street stand and they we're very caring and always asked me if I needed anything. The hostel is located in the center of Kota Kinabalu, and next to the bus station. The AC is turned off between noon and 5pm so the rooms get very hot at that time. There is a nice lounge area upstairs with a TV and 2 computers. The wifi worked well, but sometimes it lagged when there were many people using it.

Your hostel was great in every way, the rooms and bathrooms were super clean and tidy, however the wifi was almost unusable! Even the computers which you provided didn't have a good connection which made it very hard for us to make arrangements or search for what we wanted to do

• 18th Jun 2015

Masada is a great place to stay with great staff and great advice and recommendations. Sometimes the Internet was slow but it was the same with all of KK so not the fault of the hostel. Good place to book tours, good place to just chill and relax. Clean very clean. Stay there...you won't regret. No booked for 2 nights and extended for 5 more :)

I had a wonderful stay at the hostel.

This hostel was great! The best thing was how helpful the staff are. I had asked about a taxi to an aquarium and Peter, the owner, offered to take me for only RM20 return - a very reasonable price. He even showed me a temple and the observation deck on the way back, no extra charge. Only thing is the beds are creaky - the top bunk was noisy. Apart from that, everything was lovely. Shampoo/soap provided, lockers, (simple) breakfast, fine location. Staff were outstanding.

Staff were always helpful and smiling. it made my staying more comfortable.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Exeptionally clean Hostel, good showers and toilets, super-friendly staff!

• 2nd Jun 2015