Masada Backpacker Reviews

1st Floor, No.9, Jalan Masjid Lama, Mosque Valley, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

The staff are very accommodating. Everything is good.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location, at walking distance to the port and the night markets.

Friendly staff, free water, tea, coffee and biscuits all day, easy to meet people. I would stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2014

second hostel in KK, certainly the best in that city

Masada was a nice backpacker hostel with friendly staff. We booked into a private two bed room which was outside the main room. It was very loud, as it was close to the back door which was always open. The dorms seemed really great though,and much quieter. If I stayed here again I would opt for a dorm room.

Nice hostel in a good location. It has a very nice feel about it - good atmosphere. I appreciated breakfast and the availability of hot drinks throughout my stay.

overall m vy satisfied especialy d strong water supply n attitude of receptionist dat worth to b mentioned. However i find dat d act of d cleaner to snobbishly turn off d airkon in my presence without even an excuse me or informing me dat she gonna clean d room is, unacceptable to d extent of being rude. No basic manner at al! Btw i missed d notis of cleaning time pasted bhind d door s i cek in late d nite b4...

What a fantastic place. The staff here are so helpful, they let us extend the room for free when my girlfriend was I'll and were incredibly helpful with free printing of onward tickets and booking of taxis. We stayed here after climbing kinibAlu so were quite tired but we felt so at home here. The free breakfast was excellent and hit the spot. Free tea and coffee making facilities. They've got the backpacker thing sorted here. We both had an excellent time!

They seem to have thought about EVERYTHING at Masada. By far the BEST (and I really mean it) hostel I have ever stayed at in the 15 countries I have traveled in. TWO pillows, your own plug, REAL coffee, lots of breakfast choices, several bathrooms and showers (all clean), a locker, A/C, the beds are comfortable, security is great, lots of information about the area, competent and friendly but professional staff, a large fridge you can store things in, a microwave, air freshener!!!? WOW MASADA!

Lovely hostel with excellent staff. It is a bit far up the hill though from the rest of the action and you'll find that only three toilets and four showers is fine, until guests start using the toilets to shower, dress, etc. They need signs so the toilets are only used as toilets.

Friendly feel to the hostel - guests and staff are friendly. Very clean. There is probably one too few toilets but never has to wait more than a few minutes. Breakfast usually includes fruit which is rare for a hostel! Strong wifi and great A/C. I would stay here again.

Great place! Staff were friendly, booked a taxi for me at 4am. They make your bed!!!! Breakfast is free! Other guests were friendly and it's quiet after midnight if you are getting up to go diving etc.. Perfect hostel!

• 24th May 2014

The staff were super friendly and very helpful. It was a really nice social hostel. Breakfast was amazing always fruit, bread and cereal. Nice and close to the night market, shops and bus station. Would definitley stay here again! Thanks!

Really nice hostel, great helpful staff. The free coffee, cookies and fruits.. all along the day is a plus :) Very clean as well.

Just great

A comfort place, a friendly and homey Hostel at the heart of the city. Just perfect for our vacation!! I would not look for any other place to stay the next time we will be vacationing at Kota.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Philippines

best hostel in KK!

• 18th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Great backpackers, well located to the fish markets, bus station and some bars on the waterfront. Friendly staff and lots of interesting travelers.

This is a great hostel! Staff is superfriendly. Cookies, coffee, tea and hot chocolate (!) provided all day long. Breakfast contains cereal, toast and fruits. Dorms and privates are clean. We tought the rooms downstairs were way less cosy than the ones upstairs. It was no problem to change our room. Showers downstairs are superspacious and clean. I really recommend this hostel!

I loved this place. It is perfectly located right by the airport bus and minibus station, etc... The staff were really nice and always cleaning, very clean place. The air con made it very comfortable. The free breakfast was nice and the free coffee was excellent. The free use of computers was also very nice. There are 3 wifi signals. Best of all no bedbugs. It was not a party hostel and was quiet for the most part, but people were still friendly and went out. It really is the best hostel in KK.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels