Masada Backpacker Reviews

1st Floor, No.9, Jalan Masjid Lama, Mosque Valley, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Perfect place! Not far from the River Front. Clean. Friendly staff!!! Would stay there again!

Dislike nothing.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

I received an E-mail from Masada Backpacker,told me to prepare all the things before setting off.very friendly. "we attached herewith the airport bus time table if you prefer to get here by bus at RM 5.00 per person, (you can buy your ticket at the airport bus ticket booth at the arrival hall); the bus stop is just nearby and it take about 5 minutes walk to our place only. Of course the easiest and most convenience way is by taxi at RM 30.00 per taxi, as it will drop you just in front of us. "

• 20th Mar 2014
  • China

I really liked this hostel and ended up booking a couple more nights once we arrived. It was a bit more pricey than some others but well worth it. That said while we were there the a/c had broken in one room but they quickly had it fixed before bed time (efficient!). The showers were hot (bonus!) but they did flood quite easily as they are stalls lined next to each other and the drain was clogged so you ended up stepping in everyone's dirty shower water. If that's fixed then I highly recommend.

They sold beer cheaper than 7/11!

Kota Kinabalu is such a charming town! Masada is a typical backpackers hostel that was a great place to meet people and a fantastic base for day trips around KK, or even further. I would recommend basing yourself in KK, as it is more friendly and much nicer than Sandakan. Two thumbs up for Masada.

I love this hostel! It was a very pleasant stay here with a big group of friends here. The place is very clean, with bed sheet changed daily! Simple breakfast included fresh cup of coffee, banana, toast with butter & jam. The atmosphere is good. Staffs always smiling :) The only thing I wish to comment is there is no separate basin for teeth brushing which could be a little inconvenient. Totally value for money!

Clean place, quite convenient. 24hr staff, not exactly chatty but friendly enough. Would recommend.

此次KK旅行住了4間青年旅社!就這間最好,果然大家的看法一致.非常清潔,工作人員也很熱心!在每個床位都有一個插頭這是我在其它YH沒有看到的!下次若是還有機會來KK我一定也選擇住這裡!

Great Place and friendly staff!

Very nice place in KK. I only stayed one night. The staff is very helpful and the atmosphere is pleasant.

I didn't find this place to be very social at all, but to get a bed in a good location in KK, it was fine. The staff were helpful and good with everything they needed to be.

1 2 3 Next » last »