Masaya Hostel Bogotá Reviews

Carrera 2 no 12 48 Candelaria, Centro Bogota, Bogota, Colombia

Great hostel - guys on the front desk were really helpful, friendly and welcoming. Pros: Good location in the heart of LaCandelaria Good staff Cool bunk beds with blinds so you have privacy Under bed locker Charging point by bed Downsides (minor): Charging point by bed didn't work It's a little noisy in the mornings as I think there is a primary school next door

Hello, thanks for this complete review. We're sorry it was noisy, it is true that in the morning you can hear some school noise.

I stayed in a private suite with my boyfriend for three nights. The room was great and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was very good as well. However, I was very dissatisfied with the location of the suite. It was basically in the loppy. Therefore everytime someone checked in throughout the night and rolled their luggage past yor paper thin door on cobblestone floor, it was Extremly loud.

• 26th Nov 2015

Hello, I'm sorry you had a bad night. We reinforced the noise protection of these walls but as we are in a colonial house, it is hard to get everything quiet. Thanks for your review!

Loved everything about this hostel BUT the bathrooms. Although clean, were very far from some rooms. Had to walk down 3 flights and up one flight in the middle of the night to get to them. But everything else is great - the staff, cleanliness, breakfast, and small bar. :)

Hello, thanks for your review, we're sorry you did not like the facilities. Come back or visit Santa Marta you'll get 10% off on your next stay!

Masaya Bogotá was an amazing experience and I highly recommend it to anyone. The staff is great and there are so many things to do around the area. There's an amazing restaurant right next door to the hostel called Natividad which has authentic Colombian food for a reasonable price. If you want to go on a full Bogota experience I highly recommend doing the 5 hour bike tour! It allows you to see and experience everything that the. It's has to offer and the bike rental place is only a block away:

Thanks for this amazing review! I'm glad you liked the bike tour and the hostel. Don't hesitate to come back or to send us friends!

Great hostel right in the middle of Calendaria, walking distance from main attractions. During the weekend is a very empty area, but not unsafe. During the week it a students area. The beds were amazing, with curtains. There are instruments and the breakfast is very good. The bedroom was on the upper floor which was a bit hard to carry our bags by ourselves all the way up.

Hello, I hope someone helped you with your bags!! Thank you for choosing Masaya. We hope to have you back as soon as possible. Did you know you get 10% off on your second stay!?

This was a very nice hostel. Everything was very clean and so many couches and hammocks to hang out in. Staff were super friendly and it's the PERFECT location. Definitely staying here the next time I'm in bogota!

Hello, thank you very much for this great review. We hope we'll see you soon in our hostel!! You have 10% off on your second stay!

Excellent stay, I will return!

Hello and thank you ! Follow us on Facebook & come back!

Good place and nice house. The hostel is somewhat uneventful. Staff a bit pushy and not all engaging.

Hello, thanks for your review. We highly appreciate your feedback as it help us grow the most. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in Bogota, but I do have to say we organize cultural activities every night: dance class, cooking class, live music... I'm surprised you did not see one of these.

We were given room 8 (4 bed dorm) and the lock for the room was completely busted. Let them know the next day and they laughed it off, telling us that they were aware the lock didn't work for MONTHS and hadn't done anything about it. This meant spending 10/15 minutes every night trying to get into our own room and opening the door for others. We were given another room (free) for our final night. Not much of an atmosphere, very chilled. Great showers - hate them being with the toilets though.

Hello, I'm sorry you did not appreciate your time with us. I do apologize for the lock problem and for our team not helping you enough. I have forwarded your comment to our General Manager, who will follow up on this.

great location, team is amazing nice and helpful! Events and tour well organized!

Hello! Thanks for your comment. We highly appreciate your feedback as it help us get better every day. All the staff wishes to see you soon in our hostels !!

Great hostel in the heart of the candalaria. The bunks were outfitted with charge stations and lights. Everything was super clean and the staff really friendly!

Hello, thanks for noticing our effort on the bunks, we want them as useful as possible with private plug, private light, private curtain... Don't hesitate to go to santa marta to continue your Masaya Experience (10% off on your next stay!)

it was perfect very clean and cheap,, the staff very nice .. good breakfast and cheap... i would recommend this hostel.... great stay in bogota,,,

• 9th Nov 2015

Thank you very much for this great review! We're very glad you likes the staff attention and the hostel. Come back we'll give you 10% off on your next stay.

Always a pleasure to stay at Masaya.

Thanks very much, it's always a pleasure to have you there!! Hope you follow our feed in Facebook!

Really great place to stay in Candalaria, right in the middle of a whole load of amazing restaurants. Very comfortable beds and welcoming staff. Do the graffiti walking tour, it's fantastic.

Hello, I'm glad you appreciated the graffiti walking tour, it's one of our best free options. Don't hesitate to upload your pics on our Facebook Page

What a great hostel! As our first stop in Colombia, it provided a great place to get familiar with the city and the country. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We shared a private room which had a HUGE king-sized bed and an in-room TV. The facilities were kept very clean. The hostel works hard to put together fun and interesting activities to get you engaged in the local culture. The neighborhood has lots of character with many great sites within walking distance.

Hello, thanks for your review. We're very glad you enjoyed the Masaya experience and in particular the cultural activities we offer every day. Come back ! we'll give you 10% off on your stay in Santa Marta or Bogota.

I have been already in 3 different hostels in Bogota and this is the best one! Very clean, safe und really nice!

• 2nd Nov 2015

Thank you very much it is so important for us to know that you enjoyed the Masaya experience !

Good location, helpful staff, nice room, amazing bathroom, good security

Hello, thank you very much for your comment ! Don't hesitate to come back, you'll get 10% off on your next stay !

One of the best hostel that I stayed in all my trips! Nice atmosphere, nice location and awesome rooms with comfortable beds! The showers are awesome, hot showers indeed. I recommend!!

i want there to be lockers. super friendly and helpful! love the showers

• 23rd Oct 2015

Hello, You can buy locker at reception. Thanks for your comment!

Great time.