Matchbox The Concept Hostel Reviews

39 Ann Siang Road, Singapore, Singapore

The pictures on hostel world are misleading. The rooms are far to small and the beds are dirty as well as the room. The kitchen isn't clean either.

• 19th Jul 2015

Good location, not very social. Helpful staff.

Great hostel in a good location. It's clean and the pods beds are great for a bit of additional privacy! The staff did their best to be helpful, but some were knowledgeable, and others were not! There is a good communal space, but it's right on the top floor and I had been there for several nights before I discovered it :( The kitchen facilities are poor - very small, without cooking facilities, but there are so many good local eateries that you don't need to cook! Pretty happy overall :)

The wifi is quite poor, the facilities are poor or non existent eg there was 1 cup and 0 knives , 1 person can fit in the kitchen at a time, there is no air con in the common room where the wifi is best and the room is big enough for 3 people, the loft is empty because there is no wifi at all. The location and the transport links are good but the hostel is next to lots of bars so it's noisy every night. The showers are lukewarm at best, the bathroom is always soaking wet and there is mould.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • BillyDragon1000

Location is what made this hostel so brilliant. Your right next to club street which has lots of bars to go, and the noise doesn't keep you awake from your room. There is a food hall about 10 minutes away where there is food from around the world, is cheap and very tasty. You are also very close to chinatown which is amazing and only 4 minutes from the chinatown station. Overall a good hostel for its location for getting round the city and close enough to nightlife if you want to go out.

I really love this hostel. It is clean, tidy and has a great location! Very close to China Town metro station where there will be lots of great food! The room is clean and has high privacy. I feel so safe when I was there. Staff is very friendly, helpful and polite. The lounge is comfortable, and so special! Will definitely come again when I go to Singapore!

Excellent staff, good localization... good for relax!

I would have liked someone on reception before 8.00 am as I had an early flight. Maybe I should have arranged that the night before!

• 18th Apr 2015

Just a good hostel

The hostel was one of the best hostels I ever visited. Don't be shocked by a couple of negative comments on hostelworld - if you're in the mood for trying out something new and open-minded enough, you'll definitely love it here. Thanks also to the staff for giving us a tour when we were checking in and then allowing us to leave our valuables with them for a couple of hours as we were checking out! The location's really awesome too.

The hostel is very uncomfortable for living, not enough space for keeping your stuff and space organised very poorly. Very noisy, during three nights of stay couldn't sleep properly even once, the light is always on, also no wifi in common area, was struggling all three days, definitely not recommend it.