Matsumoto Backpackers Reviews

Shiraita 1-1-6, Matsumoto, Japan

Nice spot for travellers visiting the alpes, sightseeing or jus passing by though Matsumoto Brian has been of good advice, I can only recommend The place is located right over the river and nive bars and restaurants, and nearby the Osaka castle wich, when not crowded, is pretty amazing

• 24th Aug 2015

An excellent hostel. Brian the owner was extremely friendly and helpful and I'm not saying that because he's a fellow Irishman. The hostel is in an excellent location and only about a 5 minute walk from Matsumoto train station. The atmosphere there was excellent and all guests seemed to mingle very well. Will be the first place I'll book if I ever find myself back in Matsumoto again. Thanks for a lovely stay.

A nice place to stay. Ideal base for exploring te mountains and its surroundings. Friendly staff and good facilities.

The hostel is quite small and very cute. It's very inviting. The staff are friendly and inform guests about events in the area and take them to those events as well. The whole atmosphere of the hostel promotes getting to know your fellow travelers, and I was able to meet some cool people. It was my first time staying at a hostel and it was a great experience.

A nice, relaxed hostel - very easy access from the station and by the river (so you can hear the water flowing by at night - always pleasant!). Matsumoto is an interesting town too

The ONLY place to consider while in Matsumoto. Great hostel with an amazing atmosphere and was my best hostel experience in Japan! Thanks to Brian, Baptiste and Lo, I was told the best places to eat, drink and discover. Hopefully I'll be back in MBP again in the future.

Just a relaxed place to stay ,the room was fantastic, just a good vibe

• 4th Jul 2015

That's a good description. Okay to put it on our website?

Great location between the station and the castle. Hostel is a converted house, so quite cramped, but the rooms are big and japanese-style. Staff were fine.

Nice little place in Matsumoto to stay. Great, friendly staff that were very helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms and facilities are okay. Location is fine and within walking distance of the major sights, and very close to the train station.

Staff was super friendly, location was nice and easy. Dorm rooms were nice and there was a really friendly atmosphere.

The hostel was very cosy with comfy futons, clean facilities and a great atmosphere - the place felt very much like a home too. Also, a huge shout out to Brian who was a knowledgeable and a very helpful host, who made us okonomiyaki!

Hey Jo san! The staff goodbye party was a lot of fun. So glad that you could join us. We do our best to make everyone comfy and at home in our little Japanese house.

The hostel was really really close to the main station, clean and big room, nice common areas and friendly staff.

We love cleaning! Well, not especially but we do a lot each day to make our humble accommodations tidy and welcoming for everyone. hehe Glad you liked us.

Nice place to stay at in Matsumoto, very close to the train station and also to the town's center. The owner is very friendly and helpful.

We were lucky to find a nice little house so people can enjoy Matsumoto's many restaurants and bars. Being close to the station is so good for taking day trips by train.

Such a nice little guesthouse. Met by extremely helpful staff. Really feel like you are staying in someone's house. Great location next to the river. Only downside is that because you are staying in a house, there are limited numbers of other people - but everyone is very friendly and easy to talk to! Would very much recommend.

Hi Andrew. We do our best to let everyone enjoy Matsumoto as much as we do. Sorry it was a quiet night when you stayed. MBP

Really nice owner. I enjoyed my short stay at your place!

Thank you thank you! We had a super time with everyone who stayed with us the weekend you were here. It is the great guests who make MBP a fun place for us to work (and you to stay!). B-)

Very good stay! Location is excellent!

• 2nd May 2015

Hey! Glad that you were able to get out and do lots due to our convenient location. Be well! MBP

Great little hostel in Matsumoto. The hotel is a Japanese style house converted into a hostel. You sleep on futons on the mat floor (they also put amazing hot water holders in the sheets to keep you warm at night). The main area (dining/eating space) is small but cozy. The owner is very helpful and knowledgable about places to eat in town as well as places to hike! The hostel also has tons of little notes on Japanese style, tradition and worlds. It is also super close to the JR station.

Hi and thank you for the kind review. That's a good description of out humble accommodations. We are glad that the warm spring weather has come so guests don't need a heater at night.

Wonderful stay and a wonderful host that likes to share time with the backpackers/travelers.

Hey! Thanks so much for coming back to visit us and Matsumoto. We still have your photography business wristband and will be sure to recommend you to any Swedish travellers! Be well, MBP

Great place to stay. Very friendly staff and very helpful.

Thank you for staying and the kind review. We do our best to help everyone during their stay so guests can enjoy Matsumoto and the area as much as we do. Be well!

Brian and Boris made me feel welcome and were very helpfull. Could tell me everything what to to in the area and so I diceded to stay a day longer.

We often hear from guests that one night is too short for the area. We were lucky that you were able to stay more than one night to enjoy some of it. Thank you and safe travels!