Matsuyama Youth Hostel

Rating 141 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Mar 2017
6.3

When I first checked in, it seemed as though I was the only one staying here. The next morning there was only one other person at breakfast, and I think I saw at most ten people during the whole weekend I was there. Pretty surprising, given the holiday! It was very reasonably priced though and the location was perfect. Probably wouldn't stay here again unless I was traveling with friends and we wanted to save money.

• England, Female, 25-30
13th Nov 2016
5.1

Booked this going off previous reviews but was disappointed with an average stay. Positives: close to Dogo onsen and tram lines, staff were polite, facilities clean enough and bed was comfy. Negatives: the place itself is very tired looking eg stains on the floors, dried slivers of soap etc. They have a requirement that you must vacate the hostel between 10.00-16.00. Also the walk up to the hostel has already been mentioned - it's tiring if you have heavy luggage.