Matterhorn South Reviews

56 Brownston St., Wanaka, New Zealand

Very busy weekend for the entire town.... accommodation at a premium and I think many providers took advantage. We had a clean, comfortable room for the duration of WOW and for that we're grateful.

The staff (backpackers) and the location are probably the only two good things about that place. I spend way to much money to be cramped up in a extremely tiny room, on a bed that can be folded back up and a 5cm thick mattress that is even thinner in the middle making it impossible to lay on your stomach. Even though I booked a week in advance and paid as much as everyone else! Their cooking equipment is a joke, they have ca 1 pan and 2 pots. Probably the first time ever I wish I booked at Base!

Great place to stay.

Thank you for endorsing our hostel, glad you had a nice stay.

We spend there two nights. The first night it seems more like a party hostel, but the seconds night was very quite. But there is an Irish pub next to the hostel so that it's never really quite when there is a concert. Same for the cleanliness of the kitchen and bath rooms. The morning after the party it was a little bit dirty, but it was ok after the next cleaning. The photos of the hostel home page show a pool which doesn't exist anymore (or wasn't available during our stay).