Maverick City Lodge Reviews

24-26. Kazinczy Utca, Budapest, Hungary

Group showers were unclean on the floor. Rooms were air conditioned though.

Good things: Staff gave me everything I need; the capsule style beds gave privacy; kitchens on every floor Bad things: I was put into the wrong room and had to move all my things; bathrooms had mold on the ceilings, 2 functioning toilets for the whole floor, tiles and fixtures missing in the showers; dirty room - damp on the walls and filthy curtains; some staff were disinterested and lazy; the building work caused awful noise at 7am; noise throughout the night; value for money was terrible.

• 24th Aug 2015

Best hostel ever, great location, heaps of awesome food and bars around it, friendly helpful staff, modern and clean, the best hostel yet :)

I loved Mavericks city hostel! Super clean, unbeatable location, great kitchen, and the staff was exceptionally helpful. It was quiet and laid-back.

Poor quality wifi was very frustrating but other than that excellent hostel.

Loved my stay here, the beds were amazing, the curtain to pull across the bed made it feel like you were in your own Little cave, it felt so private. I loved the kitchen, a good place to meet people and so well eqipped for cooking. I would definitely stay here again.

Absolutely loved the hostel, has everything going for it, great facilities, really like the bed bunks, they offer a bit of privacy when sleeping and the location is so perfect in the coolest part of Budapest. Only reason I haven't give 100% is because there was a bit of dirt by my bed on the shelf part.

A fantastic hostel in a prime location. Having stayed in a four bed dorm for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the "pods" were at this hostel. The staff are exceptionally helpful. As a whole the hostel has a very cool and relaxed feel to it. Very close to the centre of the town, and with Bors (one of the best sandwich shops in Budspest) just down the road, this is a hostel I will be sure to return to upon returning to the city.

As soon as we walked through the door we knew we had chosen an awesome hostel. The location was lovely, the staff were great and it was well furnished/decorated. Despite the noise of the construction work it made no difference to the fun we had. The facilities were great, well equipped kitchen with a lot of space to cook. The rooms were comfy and the lockers for our bags was very handy. The staff were very helpful and I'll definitely be back soon!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in, very helpful staff

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The best hostel I've stayed at, so clean and new. The best part was the staff, they were so helpful and organised wine tasting and pub crawls which made it easy to meet other people.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Best Hostel i've ever been!!!

Such good value for money. In other european cities you would have to pay 5-10 euros more per night for this!

Great hostel, with an awesome location. Ruin Bars and most attractions are just a small walk away. The curtains over beds were great for extra privacy and lockers were big enough to fit your whole suitcase. I've rated faculties with one less star because shower room lacks privacy / towel racks, but still manageable. Overall great place to stay, staff were helpful, easily the best hostel we've stayed in so far.

• 10th Aug 2015

Wonderful staff, lovely airconditioned rooms with plenty of space yet cosy at the same time. Wasn't too difficult finding the place if you had looked it up on Google Maps beforehand. Very clean and very well-maintained hostel. Would definitely stay here again if ever in Budapest once more.

Excellent hostel highly reccomend those of you especially looking at their Private rooms which we stayed. Very clean an includes your own ensuite and tv in the room and worming a/c! Which in Budapest in the summer is a must!! Also located on the same street as the best ruins bar I thought szimpla Kerr and lots of cheap places to eat and also only a 10min walk into the centre. Not a huge social atmosphere but they do have a few social events.

• 9th Aug 2015

Our bar/restaurant will open in two weeks time. We hope that will boast our social atmosphere a lot. See you next time.

Best Hostel ive ever stayed in

• 9th Aug 2015

Great modern hotel STEPS away from the best, most popular Ruin Bar (market by day, bar by night). SO close to all underground lines, Tesco, cash points. Great reception area with water and apples for free. Internet and free Skype phone available also. Rooms are big enough - the curtains are a good addition. Lockers are HUGE. Really quiet to sleep too. The kitchen is massive with everything you could need - including free tea and coffee. Bathrooms are great and big too.

We booked this room last minute as our travel plans changed, and they stored our luggage for free. Then when we checked in they told us they could upgrade us to a private room for no additional charge! The room was incredibly clean, spacious, and having a towel and sheets included was such a great bonus for us! The staff was very polite and accommodating and we liked the coffee and tea in the kitchen and various activities posted in the lobby. One of the best hostels we have ever stayed in!

• 7th Aug 2015

As usual, a very pleasant stay at Maverick. The place is very secure and close to the nicest bars around. It does not have much "personality" or atmosphere but it makes for a nice relaxing night once in a while. The showers could use a little more cleaning though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7