Maverick City Lodge Reviews

24-26. Kazinczy Utca, Budapest, Hungary

GREAT LOCATION (from 1 to 5 minutes to coolest bars and restaurant in the city, still you don't hear noise from the outside,on the corner theres a 24/7 supermarket...), GREAT ATMOSPHERE, GREAT DECORATION,! My friends and I (4 girls) loved it, totally recommended! I'd definitely stay here again :)

Is it possible for a hostel to get a perfect 100%? Yes. I've been to many hostel in the past and this one by far does everything right. It doesnt have the homey feeling of smaller hostel but that's not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of times, impression and traveling experience of the city varies greatly depending on where you stay. My stay at budapest was made exceptionaly good.

It was my first time travelling alone and i was a bit nervous, however the facilities such as the kitchen and lobby were absolutely perfect to socialise. The staff were lovely and were very welcoming! I was pleasantly surprised with Maverick City Lodge and would most definitely recommend it to anyone who would listen! You definitely get more than you pay for! Thank you for making my stay a good one :)

• 10th Feb 2015

Best hostel I have ever been to!

• 9th Feb 2015

Cleanest hostel I have seen in Europe. The beds felt like a private room. The hostel is right next to the oldest ruin pub in Budapest which is really nice to go to (cheap drinks and awesome atmosphere). The staff is very friendly, flexible and give great advise; they really care about you and your safety. Not as much obvious atmosphere as in other hostels, but as a solo traveler I had no problem meeting tons of people. Slept in the upper bed, heating was very bearable.

amazing hostel! Only negative is the showers... See through doors and cold water.

Dear Molly, thank you for your review and comment. Since then we have applied a new boiler to provide more hot water.

Our stay was the best! Staff was very helpful, the premises were extremely well kept and clean, upon arrival we got a free upgrade to a double bedroom ;), free coffee and tea which we drank in a pleasant lounge area ;). The location was perfect, in a lively but not noisy street with all the best ruin pubs in town! Great experience ;)

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Serbia

Great service, nice people and clean rooms! The location was more then perfect too. Hostel is surrounded by many little coffee places and restaurants as same with pubs which offer drinks and food for great prices.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Slovakia

Highly advisable! -ideal location -great staff and facilities -friendly environment -extremely safe We honestly felt like we had booked a hotel! Would definatly return here when visiting budapest!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Greece

All I can say about Maverick City Lodge is positive. The location is great, the rooms are very clean and the staff is very useful. If I go another time in Budapest, I will surely stay in this hostel.

I was waiting for the review. First of all, this hostel is in great location. and the hostel housekeeper is always trying to make hostel clean. and it's great location. but above all, the staff is too good to me . they are kind, nice, friendly, always smiling, and know about the city very well. I got in trouble twice but they always helped me out. Actually Budapest is the worst city ever for me. but in terms of staff, the BEST of the BEST staff ever. I would like to say thank you ANDI, BEA, RITA

Staff were great, very friendly, very helpful. Special shout out to Gergö! The room was ready way earlier than expected, all staff were friendly and helpful, they had an endless supply of maps, the communal lobby was a cool place to hang out and make new friends. Location was superb, quality (design and upkeep) of the hostel was just excellent. Our whole group were really impressed. Close to the centre, to transport and to anything you might want to eat, drink, see or do.

• 23rd Jan 2015

This hostel is the best hostel i ever stayed.Staff are amazing and really helpful.You get more than you pay.Hostel is 10min away from Astoria station and easy to find with the driection they gave you.Rooms and other places are clean like home.They take their job seriously.Having comfy kitchen helped us spend less money.You had your cubes in your room to sleep.Pull your curtain and here your private space.There are plugs in your cubes.I %100 recommend this hostel to spend your days.

Staying in the private double room - comfortable and really good to relax in after a day of alot of walking. But the toilet sort of smelt, not particularly pleasant. The Kitchen was standard probably be handy to have a few more pots rather than the 80 frying pans. dont really meet many people as its more just rooms so if you are travelling on your own probably not the best place. Overall though pretty great place

Dear guest, We have checked the bathroom and made and overall cleaning in it. Thanks for the useful suggestion, we will buy a couple of pots to the kitchen. However we are sad that you couldn't participate in our social events. So far it runs on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and we will do one on Tuesdays too from next week. We will try to work on this to make it more available for everyone. See you next time

Best hostel I've been to, dirt cheap, yet the facilities are better than hotels I have stayed in. Staff are really helpful and its on the same street as some of the best bars going around. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed a few nights here and was really impressed. Best hostel I've ever stayed in by far. Clean, secure and friendly staff. Also located near a lot of ruin pubs and they gave us traditional Hungarian shots on the first night!

Best hostel experience I've ever had! The staff were incredible, the facilities were top notch, and the location couldn't have been more perfect. Great value for the money. Definitely will stay here again

• 17th Jan 2015

A quality hostel, well located and with very helpful and courteous staff.

Highly recommend!!! The best hostel in Budapest. Stuff were friendly and helpful, they've got all the information in head. There are activities nearly every night, free tour, free drinks, free pub crawl. How wonderful is that. Room are very clean, bed are comfy and very private. Definitely come back next time!

Love the curtains on the beds! Very nice rooms and bathrooms! Incredible value!

• 10th Jan 2015