Maverick City Lodge Reviews

24-26. Kazinczy Utca, Budapest, Hungary

I was waiting for the review. First of all, this hostel is in great location. and the hostel housekeeper is always trying to make hostel clean. and it's great location. but above all, the staff is too good to me . they are kind, nice, friendly, always smiling, and know about the city very well. I got in trouble twice but they always helped me out. Actually Budapest is the worst city ever for me. but in terms of staff, the BEST of the BEST staff ever. I would like to say thank you ANDI, BEA, RITA

Staff were great, very friendly, very helpful. Special shout out to Gergö! The room was ready way earlier than expected, all staff were friendly and helpful, they had an endless supply of maps, the communal lobby was a cool place to hang out and make new friends. Location was superb, quality (design and upkeep) of the hostel was just excellent. Our whole group were really impressed. Close to the centre, to transport and to anything you might want to eat, drink, see or do.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Staying in the private double room - comfortable and really good to relax in after a day of alot of walking. But the toilet sort of smelt, not particularly pleasant. The Kitchen was standard probably be handy to have a few more pots rather than the 80 frying pans. dont really meet many people as its more just rooms so if you are travelling on your own probably not the best place. Overall though pretty great place

Best hostel I've been to, dirt cheap, yet the facilities are better than hotels I have stayed in. Staff are really helpful and its on the same street as some of the best bars going around. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed a few nights here and was really impressed. Best hostel I've ever stayed in by far. Clean, secure and friendly staff. Also located near a lot of ruin pubs and they gave us traditional Hungarian shots on the first night!

Best hostel experience I've ever had! The staff were incredible, the facilities were top notch, and the location couldn't have been more perfect. Great value for the money. Definitely will stay here again

• 17th Jan 2015

A quality hostel, well located and with very helpful and courteous staff.

Love the curtains on the beds! Very nice rooms and bathrooms! Incredible value!

• 10th Jan 2015

This is a very nice place, I love the decoration and the people who are in charge is amazing, they always receives you with a smile and are always helping you in all you need.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

The place is very fresh and well-renovated, the beds are "built into the walls", so you get a feeling of privacy even when staying with 3 more people. It seems to be a quite lively place, with people going out in the evenings, and hanging out in the nice relax areas. Unfortunately, sleeping in a 4-person room, in the upper bed was quite terrible, since the heating system was forcing all the heat into my very bed, making it around 40 degrees there (it was -10 in Budapest..). Hope they fix it!

Everything is as described in the hostel info. Very pleasant stay. Only one remark, maybe - the wifi connection worked slow on my phone.

Dear guest, We have reset the wifi system, which should work well by now. Sorry for the discomfort.

I'd say this hotel is super good. Nice staff, good location, and comfortable atmosphere!

• 4th Jan 2015
  • China

Excellent stay, reception was kind enough to allow me to check in at 6am after travelling overnight. Great facilities and conveniently located

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • India

The hostel is pretty nice very clean and worthy for value just the atmosphere was not very warm

Dear guest, Thanks for choosing our hostel. We have discussed the atmosphere issue with our receptionists on Monday. We asked them to be more open and friendly towards our guests. Hopefully we can provide you 100% service next time you visit us. See you

I would definitely stay here again!

Great location. Staff friendly and quite helpful. Rooms clean and well kept. Highly recommend.

• 1st Jan 2015

Superb hostel and one of the cleanest I've come across. I got a free upgrade to a private suite on arrival :) and it was as good as a hotel room. Very near to all the attractions walkable and is in close proximity to the public transport. The staff are really good and friendly, they do our laundry also. Wifi is super. A must recommend to anyone traveling to Budapest.

I loved the experience! And it was totally fab!!!

Great and helpful staff, very interesting guest from around the world, great facilities. Everything working as it should!!!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Enjoyed my stay here at Maverick City Lodge. Great facilities -- almost hotel-like! Kitchen is a great place to prep a meal, sit, and chat with other travelers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7