Maverick City Lodge

Superb 1877 Total Reviews

• mtill201088
  • England, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2017

Great rooms, the beds a private and good facilities. The location is good but I wouldn't recommend staying if you want somewhere quiet.

8th Aug 2017

This hostel, I felt, is great if you want privacy and a good night sleep.

• Taiwan, Female, 31-40
7th Aug 2017

The space was so good, the staff attitude were so good, service was so good, shower room is big and clean, I will definitely go there again if I go to Budapest

4th Aug 2017
5.7

Front desk staff we rude and unhelpful. Absolutely zero atmosphere / socializing. Huge and strange layout like a college dormitory. I paid top dollar for this hostel because of the AC alone (was in Budapest during the heat wave last week), and the AC was not working in my dorm. Complaining didn't fix it and I sweat all night like I was in a hostel half the price. Do not recommend unless you want an anti social overly pricy experience.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

The location of the hostel is perfect and the hostel itself is super nice! It was really hot when I was there but thanks to the airconditioning in the hostel it was doable. What I also really liked was that the hostel paid attention to who was in a room with whom. I booked a mixed 4-bed-dorm but was only with girls in there anyway. I would not have minded staying with guys but it was nice still.

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
3rd Aug 2017

In a great area for night life and not far from a metro station. Staff is friendly and helpful. The facilities are clean and work well. Wifi is good. The restaurant next to the hostel is pretty nice and cheap. All of the hostel is air conditioned which was awesome. Definitely worth staying here.

3rd Aug 2017

Great location in Budapest right next door to the most famous ruin pub. Clean and safe hostel with large private rooms. Staff was not very friendly or helpful. Must pay cash at the hostel and require a cash deposit for keys. Cleaners walked into our room before check out time. Not the greatest atmosphere. Overall decent value given the excellent location.

• jessicanne
  • Netherlands, All Female Group, 18-24
27th Jul 2017

Location is perfect if you're looking for one of the biggest hotspots in nightlife in Budapest! The different public areas are homey and the bar had a great outdoor terras where you could just chill and have a drink before going out. The facilities are great and the staff was very helpful. After check out they let us store our luggage for a whole day and we were even able to take a shower. "We're not against traveller's" is a quote that really defines this hostel!

26th Jul 2017
7.4

Nice hostel. Clean. Decent location. Pod beds are nice and give you some privacy. Spacious lockers. Staff members were not friendly and reception is SLOW! I had to wait 20-30 minutes for both check in and check out and when I had a simple question, I had to wait 15 minutes just to ask. Cleaning staff kicked me out of the bathroom at 8:30am to clean even though I had a flight to catch. Don't seek food advice. They only recommend the restaurant next door. They must work on these staffing issues.

24th Jul 2017

Me gusto mucho el lugar, solo una chica de recepción un poco amargada pero los demás muy buena onda. Deberían aceptar pago con tarjeta