9.3
Superb 1,365 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 1,365 Total Reviews
Maverick City Lodge Located at 24-26. Kazinczy Utca, , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest Budapest 1075 24-26. Kazinczy Utca
93% 1365
47.4977881 19.0628000
    Rooms available

18th Aug 2016

Great hostel. Does get a little loud at night but it's a nice place to stay.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
17th Aug 2016
6.0

The room was tiny. The corridor had a funny smell and the walls were so thin be prepared for a bad sleep. There are no common areas other than the kitchen and absolutely no atmosphere. Staff didn't even offer us a map or any advice when we arrived and every time we asked a question gave such a half hearted response. Bathrooms were disgusting. Cleaners didn't seem to think it was their job to clean and toilets often had no toilet paper at 10am. Worst hostel we've stayed at 7 weeks into Europe.

We are deeply sorry for the bad experience. We asked the front office staff to be a lot more helpful and pro-active and we will pay more attention to the cleaning of the bathrooms. Sorry again!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2016

Had a great time at this hotel, possibly one if my favorites. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in Budapest :)

• Colombia, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2016

Everything is nice and new, and sooo amazing... But, there is a/c, and when you ask for turn it on the a/c starts to work as a fan, no as an a/c... Terrible night

Sorry for the a/c since it has been repaired. Sorry again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Aug 2016

Bathroom needed a good clean and toilet paper needed refreshing more regularly, however this was at the time of a music festival - so understandable. Everything else was perfect. Thick curtains on bunks make napping easy, huge lockers, power points, personal light. Very clean. Stayed in both 6 bed and double. Double room was amazing - huge shower, tv, aircon. Highly recommend staying here.

Sorry for the discomfort, we will pay more attention to this in the future. Hope to see you again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2016

I stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm. Beds have curtains and generous space along the diner of the bed for belongings as well as lockers. Very vibrant hostel right near many bars and eating spots

12th Aug 2016

I stayed in a 6 person dorm. The room was a bit small for 6 people. I really liked the curtains that they provided on each bed for privacy. It was more pricy than other hostels that I have stayed at for 6 person dorm with shared bath. The bathrooms had stands to put your stuff but showers were a bit dirty. Other than that the hostel itself was very clean and well kept. It was a short walk from st Stevens basilica and the Danube river so centrally located. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Sorry for the bathrooms, we asked the cleaning staff to pay more attention to them. Hope to see you again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

Overall I loved my stay at this hostel. Modern, spacious, very clean with a great atmosphere and many events on. I always appreciate pod beds with the curtains in a hostel. The location is amazing - pretty central and surrounded by so many cool bars & restaurants. Big lockers in the room to fit your suitcase. My only complaint is the bathrooms - they are in need of a renovation and there is very little privacy (once you step out of the shower you are right in the bathroom with people around).

Thanks for the notice, we are planning the renovation of the bathrooms.

10th Aug 2016

During my one month trip to Europe, I've stayed in 15 different hostels and this is the first perfect 10 I rated! trust me, for this price, it's a steal.. They do accept credit card if you ask politely (they charge you 1,5% more though.. but thats nothing)

• wanesaaa9055
  • Lithuania, Female, 31-40
8th Aug 2016

Perfect hostel in perfect location