9.2
Superb 1,304 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 1,304 Total Reviews
Maverick City Lodge Located at 24-26. Kazinczy Utca, , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest Budapest 1075 24-26. Kazinczy Utca
92% 1304
47.4977881 19.0628000
    Rooms available

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

Really liked the curtains on each of the beds, meant that you could have privacy when you wanted it! Also there was the best ruin bar right down the street!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Absolutely loved the location - very central, 2 minute walk from Szimpla Kert and walkable to most other sites including the great market hall and St Stephens basilica. Every night there is an event hosted, I found this a great way to meet others and would definitely recommend this! Bathrooms could be cleaner but I never had a problem finding a free shower stall. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• Taiwan, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Good experience, but cleanliness in bathroom is not fit my rate.

• England, Female, 31-40
13th Jul 2016

This hostel was perfect for me. Perfect location just a 5 minute walk from the metro. Shops, bars and restaurants all nearby. The room itself felt slightly small for 6 females all with cases however the bunks all have their own curtain for extra privacy which was perfect when you didn't want to be disturbed. They also had 2 power outlets and light. The shared bathroom was cleaned daily however a few times I went in there it was messy but that is all. Would definitely recommend this place.

12th Jul 2016

I was blown away by this hostel. I didn't expect everything to be this nice. Cool staff, awesome guests, amazing accommodations, and strong wifi made my stay great. Can't think of anything I'd change.

• USA, Female, 25-30
4th Jul 2016

This hostel was better than some hotels I've stayed at. The rooms were clean and decorated so cute. The front desk was so nice and helpful, I just wished I would have participated in the nightly activities!

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2016

Overall an excellent hostel - beds very comfy, curtains around your bed, as well as large lockers, a fantastic kitchen (very clean as well as a nice place to be) and a great bar. This serves food at very decent prices and is also where all the social events start...free wine and beer nights...ace!! One thing to improve would be the bathrooms - there are only 4 showers for the whole floor - the floor was soaking wet most of the time and not as clean as I would have liked. Overall, amazing though!

Thanks a lot for your review, we are happy that you have enjoyed your stay. Sorry for the bathrooms, we asked the cleaning staff to pay more attention to the bathrooms, and we will build more showers. Hope to see you again.

• England, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016

+ The beds are amazing! Pods with blackout curtains, sockets, space to put things and a comfy mattress. + Laundry is only 2000HUF. + Good location. - showers had good pressure but nowhere to put your clothes to keep them dry. - Restuarant menu very limited/pricey/service charge, what I thought was a veggie burger with goats cheese melted on top turned out to be just a slab of goats cheese between a bun... - Were told we could only pay by cash when it says we could pay using card online.

• magatrading9331
  • USA, Male, 41+
3rd Jul 2016

We were really frustrated by the dogs in room 306 barking at all hours. The first day, July 5, the staff apologized. I ask if dogs are allowed and they said "They were not and they were trying to contact the guest as they were out of the building. " the dogs were in the room, constantly barking. The next day I told the front desk staff the dogs were still there as we could hear them barking. They just shrugged their shoulders and didn't say anything. They were still there on the 7th.

We are deeply sorry for this situation and the inconveniences.

2nd Jul 2016

Best hostel ever. It was like staying in a nice hotel except with the hostel vibe. Stay at this hostel!