Maverick City Lodge Reviews

24-26. Kazinczy Utca, Budapest, Hungary

Great place. Bit loud, but expected for youth hostel.

Amazing hostel! One of the best I've ever been! Good internet, free international calls, nice kitchen! Super cheap!

I booked the hostel last minute as I missed my train and got to stay one more night in Budapest. The staff was really helpful and friendly and the hostel was super well equipped and cozy. Would recommend my friends to stay here!

My favorite hostel to date. The location couldn't be better, the beds are awesome (it's like you have your own little room), the lounge area on the first floor is so cool, and the staff is SO sweet. If you want to make friends, this is the place to be as they organize pub crawls as a group. I decided to stay 5 extra nights because I loved it so much. I just wish they had breakfast! But they are brand new and said they are working on those things. Amazing place.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Maverick. Location couldn't be better and I appreciated the privacy each bed has (curtains). However, I was disappointed when I found large quantities of dirt, hair, and dead skin around my mattress. Asides from that issue staying there was great!

• 20th Jun 2015

Dear Guest, We are very sorry for the lack of cleanliness. We have investigated the issue and warned our cleanning staff to be a lot more precize next time. Sorry again and hope to see you soon!

Pros: Best beds of any hostel I've ever stayed in, fan-freakin'-tastic location around lots of restaurants and ruin bars, decent wifi connection, large lockers (bring your own padlocks though), free towels. Cons: Weird showers. If you don't like getting naked in front of strangers or cold showers, you're gonna have a bad time. Oh and the luggage room was absurdly small and cumbersome. All in all, though, a pretty great hostel.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and we are sorry for the discomfort . Unfortunatelly the shared bathroom facilities have certain disadvantages in general. On the other hand we have changed the settings of the boiler, so hopefully the problem with the hot water has been solved. Sorry again.

This was a great hostel. Clean facilities, like the set up of two private rooms sharing two toilets and one shower. Fun location. Was a little nervous about the security of the luggage room but it turned out fine. Staff were super helpful, computers available and fast, and a free phone to call home! Highly recommend.

This was a great spot, one of the better hostels I've stayed at. I got in at 6am and the cutest receptionist of all time helped me plan my whole day.

This was an amazing stay for my girlfriend and I. We seriously felt bad leaving and wish we stayed here the whole time we were in Budapest. Great location. Great bed. Great shower. Air conditioned. STAY AT MAVERICKS!

Great place to stay! The location is incredible--right in the middle of the Jewish district, really close to all the good bars and restaurants. The hostel was still really laid back, and you get a lot of privacy in the dorms, which is nice. The staff was also really friendly and helpful.

• 15th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel. Could essentially pass off as a hotel, a good mid point between the sights of central Budapest and Keleti station. Extremely clean and the amenities are all excellent. Well stocked kitchen and good wifi. Didn't want to leave! A definite recommendation if you're visiting Budapest.

This is hands down one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Amazing location, friendly and helpful staff, so clean, brilliant kitchen and social areas - we had a fantastic time here. I'd highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest, you will not be disappointed!

Very convenient. Offers everything one could possibly need and then some. Helpful and tactful staff. Would definitely recommend for all ages.

• 11th Jun 2015

Positioned in an amazing area with great access to ruins bars and so many nice cafes and food places to choose from. In walking distance from old town which is a bonus too! Well equipped kitchen but little atmosphere there as it was a bit out the way, however lovely staff were very helpful

The most friendly, clean & social hostel I've stayed in

• 7th Jun 2015

It's got to be one of the best big hostels I've stayed in. Everything looks fairly new and neat. The cons:1- Men's bathroom on 1st floor always had puddles of dirty water on the floor.2 - Lack of vibe. I got to see very few people in the lobby and the people at reception wouldn't make an effort to interact with guest.. even though, they were helpful when asked for information. The pros: The pods in dorms; very clean; convenient location; decent wifi everywhere; pleasant lobby, good size locker.

Really great! The staff was really friendly and helpful and the accommodation was awesome.

Staff wasn't very helpful, but the lodge is very modern and seemingly very new! Perks include free calls on a Skype phone, free towels and locks, and tea/coffee. Lots of cool stuff to do and places to go around the hostel.

We are very sorry for the problems with our staff, that is not the type of service we would like to provide. We had a meeting with them and asked all of them to be a lot more open and friendly with each of our guests. Sorry again.

Had a brilliant time in this super clean & modern hostel. I have no bad feedback what's so ever, just a few minor suggestions but these didn't damper my stay in any way: Mirrors in the dorms & with plugs nearby as bathrooms can get busy & only have very poor hairdryers in Mini hooks in the little bunk cabins to hang small items Cleaning times of bathrooms in mornings perhaps earlier before everyone is getting up for the day & trying to get ready Group bookings not with 1 solo traveller

• 31st May 2015
  • Scotland

Front desk personnel were not very engaging or helpful. Good hostel nonetheless!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7