Maverick City Lodge Reviews

24-26. Kazinczy Utca, Budapest, Hungary

Lots of room in the lobby and wifi was excellent throughout the hostel. There are plenty of showers though they are not en suite and more public. The beds are great and modern, with private curtains. The only really annoying thing is the rooms are very small so there's no room to have your backpack/suitcase open without blocking everyone which is a nightmare. There are no mirrors in the rooms. Atmosphere was very party orientated!

If you are looking for a dirty party hostel, this place is definitely not for you! But if you are interested to stay in a clean, tidy, modern, cozy, safe place then go there!! The location is perfect, the personnel is friendly and helpful, the facilites are new, big advantage privacy curtains in every bed and big locker for your luggages and stuff. Nothing more nothing less!! The perfect place to stay in! Definitely recommented!

Clean rooms, great beds, good wifi, really nice place! Wish the showers were better (they automatically turn off every ten seconds, super annoying) but everything else was great! Amazing location next to a million bars and restaurants! I would definitely stay here again.

The Maverick City Lodge almost feels more like a hotel than a hostel! The facilities were the best I've seen in a hostel and it was always immaculate! It was also in an ideal location in the Jewish district near all the ruin bars, a couple of supermarkets and public transport links. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it!

Only one night spent, but we found a great mood, very clean rooms and look quite new, nice decoration, animation was awesome(pub crowl) and the best was the perfect staff!

It's the beat hostel I have never stayed before. They provide provate dorms woth currains, ehile every body have two plugs which is really thoughtful. Stuffs are really helpful and friendly. If I go to Budapest again, I will still stay there!

Best hostel on our EU interail trip. Staff v kind and 24/7 available. Got upgraded to private. Location unbeatable. 30m walk from no.1 bar in budapest! Stunning kitchen, new hostel, clean, v secure. Only con is lights in showers turn off. That's literally the only fault. Don't stay anywhere else. Atmosphere is good but v large hostel so not for travellers wanting a cosy little hostel, but the ruin bars on the road are great for meeting people! Faultless.

Perfect location, dorms were really cool and staff were helpful and friendly!

This was probably the best hostel I've ever been in. It seems they had thought about everything, clearly this hostel was founded by a person who has stayed in hostels a lot. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and 8 bed dorm, both were equally good. The only "bad" thing was that in the shower you had to push a button in every 10 seconds to keep the water running, but at least the water pressure was fine (which is not the case in every hostel). The location is also one of the best in Budapest.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Finland

we really enjoyed our stay at maverick city lodge! the location was perfect and almost all sights were in walking distance. the rooms were very clean and we loved the large kitchen. there even was free palinka testing at the hostel which we really liked and we met some interesting and very nice people. although we read that in the comments, it wasn't loud during the night, not even on weekends. pubs were close by and all in all we really recommend that hostel! it's more like a fancy hotel ;)

• 22nd Aug 2014

Very clean hotelish hostel. Good place to unwind, not the best for meeting people, and not a huge amount of activities offered. Ok for us since we were unwinding after sZiget and I knew the city. Good for small groups, wouldn't come here solo.

Everythink was good except ywo things: The car parking was payed 10 euro/day that's 1/3 of the price for the room for a night. I wanted to pay with credit card and they sad that because I have made the reservesion through hostelwotld I cant, that the prices or pre calculated and etc.I did not fully understand it , but everything else was really good we enjoyed our stay there.

Thank you for the nice rating. We try to make the parking space as cheap as possible compare to other possibilities nearby, but because of our downtown location we cant really go lower.

8- bunk room. Wouldn't do that again. arrived around 6 pm- people already sleeping in the room and it was really dark so I felt I couldn't even get settled in w/o disrupting someone. my locker was half broken. around 9- more people were sleeping and I felt i couldn't even really dig through my bag without disrupting. around 10:30 till 4:30 am people were coming and going being loud and flicking lights on. shower was bad for not havin water run continuously out. otherwise hostel lounge / bed good

Sorry for the miscomfort. We have mended the locker. We will also try to replace the shower button for a longer timer.

Really nice hostel with good room layouts. Having its own car park made arriving by car really easy. Was a good base for exploring the city and going to the famous ruin bars.

Thank you very much for a wonderfull stay in Budapest. The hostel is very nice, new and comfortable. I love the idea of the curtains closing up each bed as it gives you incredible privacy in a common room. The atmosphere was great and the staff was really nice, helpfull and committed. I had a great time!!

Very good hostel! Really enjoyed my stay! Super great atmosphere and helpful staff. Really beautiful, clean and comfortable two floor bedroom. Best kitchen ever! Good location for those who want to enjoy the nightlife as it is close to most bars and pubs. But don't recommend the front view rooms as they are pretty noisy.

Big hostel that felt more like a hotel. Check in took way to long - girl on the desk didn't know what she was doing. Privacy curtains felt like getting your own room for a dorm bed price. Beds were comfy. Wifi worked excellently in room. Lockers were huge (bring a lock). Not much of a "hostel" atmosphere though for those looking for that. Each bed had its own light and two sockets which was great. I'd probably come back.

Dear guest, Sorry for the problem at the reception. Our staff has changed since, and we also put more effort into the training of the newcomers. Otherwise we are not a party hostel, but we provide regular social events on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. We will try to implement more weekly occasions to improve this.

best hostel Ive ever been too!!!!!!!! cannot fault maverick city lodge, it was so nice and clean, such good facilities and the best wifi ever! would definitely stay again!!

Really great hostel. Super clean, kitchen is amazing! 8 bed dorm is a liiiittle tight for space, but still bearable. I had a peak into the 4 bed dorms and there seemed to be a lot more room. Great stay here!!

Highly recommended!! I stayed one night in a 4-bed private room. Very cheap price. Staff very friendly and helpful, good atmosphere and overall cleanliness! Very comfortable shower and power plugs for each bed. Amazing!

• 11th Aug 2014