Maverick City Lodge Reviews

24-26. Kazinczy Utca, Budapest, Hungary

The beds with the curtains are an excellent idea!

Really nice new hostel in a great part of town close to everything! Our only critiques are that wifi was really slow in the dorms and airflow in the rooms was not great.

Awesome atmosphere and facilities. Very modern. One of the most well-organized and thought-out hostels I've been in - and I've been travelling for a while. It was a VERY professional experience. And there were so many people from all over - it was truly great! Thank you.

I was blown away by this hostel. The cheapest price I've paid for a dorm yet the best dorm I've ever stayed it! Great kitchen facilities, awesome lobby which is where I met a lot of new friends. The wifi is strong in all places. The neighbourhood has so many cool bars and eateries! You just have to stay here!!

Maverick was the best hostel i have ever stayed. Beautiful room, nice stuff and an amazing atmosphere. Beds are comfortable and everythings very clean. Definatly coming back.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Austria

Really great hostel. Excellent facilities and staff. Can be a bit noisy, but they are working to resolve the issue.

Need to improve the showers! Apart from that though it's a really excellent hoste.

• 13th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels around. Private rooms and dorms are clean and well appointed with large lockers and bedside charging outlets. WiFi is exceptional throughout the building because they have routers on every level..... Take note hostel owners of the world; having reliable highspeed internet with a good Wi-Fi connection means alot to travelers! In my view, a hostel is no better than the internet connecton it provides and the Maverick lodge seem to understand this better than anyone else.

Hostel was great but the bathroom was a constantly gross! I know you clean often but even just a floor wipe a few times extra would make a huge difference. Some of your shows in the lady side don't stay on unless the button is compressed which was frustrating, as is the lack of outlets in the bathroom. However the pub crawl was awesome and I had a good stay so thanks!

• 12th Oct 2014

This hostel was super new and clean and the staff were very helpful. My only complaint is that the laundry service was expensive.

This hostel is immaculate - clean, modern, very aesthetic, and the rooms are great. Each dorm bed has privacy and individual plugs - really awesome!! The location is good - easy walking distance to lots, including the bus/trams. Only downside is that it's not very social. Staff are super nice and it's very relaxing, but there's nothing happening to connect the travelers. Would recommend some events or organized activities.

Dear Erin, We are happy that you had a good time at us. We definitely will try to expand our social events for every day basis from the three occasions we currently organize on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. We hope you can try them next time.

I loved the curtains, reading lights, chargers, shelf space beside my bed and large locker right next to my bed. It made staying in a 6 person dorm quiet and non disruptive when one of us came in late or wanted to get away early.

I love this place. Just book and go. Now.

• 29th Sep 2014

I know you are trying to save water, but the showers need to stay on longer than 5 seconds!!

Sorry for the miscomfort. The timer of the shower button is wrongly set, but we have already requested the mending from the producer. Hopefully it will happen this week.

This hostel was great, it did feel more like a hotel to us.We upgraded to a private double room on arrival, the room was so spacious and clean with the comfiest bed!!! TV, but no english channels so pointless for us. I became ill when in Budapest and the staff were so helpful in finding the right hospital for me to go to and arranging a taxi. We didn't get to see much of Budapest so cannot comment on location but it was rather easy to find from Déli train station. definitely recommend!!

Very nice hostel, only there for one night so didnt get to use the kitchen or common areas but found the showers and toilets spotless, one of the cleanest I have been in. Would definetly stay here again

Some furnitures would be more.

Superb place to stay - great and homely kitchen, back garden with seating area, brick barbecue, lounge all with a really nice atmosphere and lounge (not like an airport lounge like a lot of hostels) the staff were friendly and a good laugh. I met loads of people there as the atmosphere lent to it. Highly recommended!

Best facilities I've seen ever, aside from the shower turning off so often. I arrived on Sunday and the first "community activity" wasn't until Wednesday so a bit hard to meet ppl as solo traveller since it is so large. Otherwise it's fantastic!!

Thanks a lot for the nice review. We are working on the dorm level showers to set the timer for a longer period. Your quote on activities are right. We will try to implement social events for Mondays and Tuesdays too. See you soon!

Excellent customer service, well-equipped kitchen with free tea and coffee, privacy curtains and plugs and light for each bed in the dorms were truly a lifesaver, and the wifi available on each floor was perfect. I absolutely loved my stay here because of the comfort I never got at any other hostel. It's walking distance to almost every major site in Budapest and located in the very interesting Jewish quarters. Would definitely stay here again when I'm back in Budapest!

• 20th Sep 2014