Maverick City Lodge Reviews

24-26. Kazinczy Utca, Budapest, Hungary

It is a great place to stay. Strategically located in the heart of the city and with very nice and modern facilities. The staff is very friendly and they are more than welcome to answer to your questions. I totally recommend it!

Such a good hostel! In the middle of the bars and restaurants and was super clean and well kept. Would strongly reccomend. If I ever go back id stay here for certain.

• 15th Sep 2014

Not a party hostel but so close to the action that it doesn't matter

Everything the way I liked it, the only recommendation I have is to organize even more socializing activities as there are - as far as I know - only 2 per week.

Lots of room in the lobby and wifi was excellent throughout the hostel. There are plenty of showers though they are not en suite and more public. The beds are great and modern, with private curtains. The only really annoying thing is the rooms are very small so there's no room to have your backpack/suitcase open without blocking everyone which is a nightmare. There are no mirrors in the rooms. Atmosphere was very party orientated!

Dear Rebecca, Thanks for the nice review. We take your advice and will put mirrors in the dorm rooms shortly. We are not a party hostel, but we organize regular social events. We try to balance between the two to have atmosphere, but also have calmness. We hope we can achieve that most of the time.

The hostel was in a great location and not too noisy, despite being near the ruin bars. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were very modern and clean and the idea of a privacy curtain on each of the beds is a great idea because people can go in and out of the rooms without too much disturbance. Great kitchen facilities and it was also a good communal area to meet new people. Would recommend!

Nice hostel with modern rooms, bathrooms and kitchen. Alsa a nice lobby where you can use the computer or just sit and read a bit. The location is very central and in walking distance of all the main sightseeings. We slept next to the kitchen so this was a bit noisy and there were also some people on our floor who were very noise, this off course isn't the hostels fault. Very good price for this hostel!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

It is a really good hostel...I had very good time here. They are super clean...and they have the dish watching machine...their stuff are so friendly and helpful...I would like to stay here again...

If you are looking for a dirty party hostel, this place is definitely not for you! But if you are interested to stay in a clean, tidy, modern, cozy, safe place then go there!! The location is perfect, the personnel is friendly and helpful, the facilites are new, big advantage privacy curtains in every bed and big locker for your luggages and stuff. Nothing more nothing less!! The perfect place to stay in! Definitely recommented!

Clean rooms, great beds, good wifi, really nice place! Wish the showers were better (they automatically turn off every ten seconds, super annoying) but everything else was great! Amazing location next to a million bars and restaurants! I would definitely stay here again.

The Maverick City Lodge almost feels more like a hotel than a hostel! The facilities were the best I've seen in a hostel and it was always immaculate! It was also in an ideal location in the Jewish district near all the ruin bars, a couple of supermarkets and public transport links. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it!

What a hostel! Situated directly in the city center, totally new and with a super friendly staff! The beds are the most comfortable hostelbeds I ever slept in and the hostel organizes a lot of things to make it easy to meet other travellers (pub crawl, wine tasting, free city tours). I definitly recommand staying there!

Only one night spent, but we found a great mood, very clean rooms and look quite new, nice decoration, animation was awesome(pub crowl) and the best was the perfect staff!

It's the beat hostel I have never stayed before. They provide provate dorms woth currains, ehile every body have two plugs which is really thoughtful. Stuffs are really helpful and friendly. If I go to Budapest again, I will still stay there!

Best hostel on our EU interail trip. Staff v kind and 24/7 available. Got upgraded to private. Location unbeatable. 30m walk from no.1 bar in budapest! Stunning kitchen, new hostel, clean, v secure. Only con is lights in showers turn off. That's literally the only fault. Don't stay anywhere else. Atmosphere is good but v large hostel so not for travellers wanting a cosy little hostel, but the ruin bars on the road are great for meeting people! Faultless.

Perfect location, dorms were really cool and staff were helpful and friendly!

This was probably the best hostel I've ever been in. It seems they had thought about everything, clearly this hostel was founded by a person who has stayed in hostels a lot. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and 8 bed dorm, both were equally good. The only "bad" thing was that in the shower you had to push a button in every 10 seconds to keep the water running, but at least the water pressure was fine (which is not the case in every hostel). The location is also one of the best in Budapest.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Finland

we really enjoyed our stay at maverick city lodge! the location was perfect and almost all sights were in walking distance. the rooms were very clean and we loved the large kitchen. there even was free palinka testing at the hostel which we really liked and we met some interesting and very nice people. although we read that in the comments, it wasn't loud during the night, not even on weekends. pubs were close by and all in all we really recommend that hostel! it's more like a fancy hotel ;)

• 22nd Aug 2014

Very clean hotelish hostel. Good place to unwind, not the best for meeting people, and not a huge amount of activities offered. Ok for us since we were unwinding after sZiget and I knew the city. Good for small groups, wouldn't come here solo.

Everythink was good except ywo things: The car parking was payed 10 euro/day that's 1/3 of the price for the room for a night. I wanted to pay with credit card and they sad that because I have made the reservesion through hostelwotld I cant, that the prices or pre calculated and etc.I did not fully understand it , but everything else was really good we enjoyed our stay there.

Thank you for the nice rating. We try to make the parking space as cheap as possible compare to other possibilities nearby, but because of our downtown location we cant really go lower.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6