Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

Totally recommed. Atila was he best recepcionist ever!!!!! We havd rhe vesti rine there. Totalley recomended!

Great Hostel located close to a metro stop, so it is easy to get to. Staff are accommodating. Rooms are very clean. I would recommend this hostel to all my friends if they were staying in Budapest.

Building is in disrepair. Outside has a tarp sign, inside is cold poorly lit and a sketchy sign labels the reception. Facilities are fine once you get to the room. I was in a mixed dorm style. The free tea and coffee is a nice touch and I shared a dining/shower area with at least 5 other dorm rooms. Overall good experience once I got settled in, but my first impression on arrival was that I made a mistake.

AMMMMMAZING, handy location, great and cozy kitchen, fantastic architectural style, this is the best hostel we've been so far, yes it is:)

when we arrive the budapest we were un such tireness and needed some rest even we need to do some tour. we asked about some suggestion the person in reception , she really taking care of almost everything. she booked for spa- she rent us free towel too! And night time cruise tour. all we've done is pay to her and she all made reservation and give us ticket. i can say these are more than hotel services we can say we had great time in budapest and all is because of Maverick!

Excellent staff, good location. Everything was perfect.

very clean, and the staff is helpful and professional. free towels and padlocks. the bathroom on the 2nd floor is beautiful, deserving of a fancy hotel.

Excellent stay. Nice location and very friendly staff

The hostel was good overall, but there were definitely too many people for the number of bathrooms in my apartment.

Very nice hostel! Safety and clean! the staff is very helpful! Very good location and easy to find it!

The hostel was great! Friendly and helpful staff, really comfortable and cozy, with clean linen and facilities. There is shared kitchen and also free tea and coffee :) It is in the center of Budapest, really nice connected to the rest of the city, so it was not a problem to find it. It was really great! If I ever come back to Budapest, I will stay there for certain!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Croatia

The best hostel I stayed in. Great location. Staff was unbelievebly kind and helpful, nice ambient, great and clean bathrooms. Definitely coming back and recommending to my friends.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

The room was great! The bathroom had heated floors and a heated towel rack! Still social even though it only has private rooms. I highly recommend staying here!

Apartment style, no interaction with the rest of the rooms, and no real atmosphere to speak of. It's a great place if you just want to stay a few nights and not hang around the hostel.

Good, but too expensive

Excellent location. Excellent staff. Wonderful atmosphere. Just that the beds were a little uncomfortable. At times I could feel the spring. Rest all were good.!

1st, this is not a party hostel but low levels of noise are ok. With that said, this place is perfect in every way. Attila and the rest of the staff are wonderful. Not only were they incredibly friendly and knowledgeable but it was always a joy to come "home" to their smiling faces. I had a great time in Budapest and they were a huge part of it, from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Thank you Maverick for making it such a wonderful experience for all of us. You guys are the best.

After traveling to four different European cities in a span of 6 days (Dresden, Cologne, Prague and Budapest), I can safely say that this was the best hostel experience we had by a long shot. The receptionist was excellent, we were put in a wonderful apartment overlooking the Danube, and the amenities were spectacular. If I ever need to use a hostel in Budapest again, you can rest assured that I will be going back to Maverick. 5/5 stars!

• 21st Dec 2014

We had a four bed ensuite that was perfect for four people. Plenty of space. Nice bathroom facilities. Great window view. Only complaints about this room: 1. Hot water ran out very fast & 2. Any time the water was running in the room, some kind of pump or machine connected to the water lines in our room made a terribly loud sound. Rather annoying.

Thanks for the review and sorry for the noise. We have mended the heating system since. See you soon.

Good: - Great internet in the 10 bed dorm room - Lots of locker space - Free towels, locks for lockers - Super friendly and helpful staff - Free drink vouchers for local restaurants - Activities and recommendations for excursions from Maverick - Commons area spacious Bad: - Rooms hot, unless windows were open - Beds were not comfortable. We could feel all of the springs in the mattresses - Shower drains were clogged, drained slowly - Security: Front door was always open

Dear Matthew, Thanks for the review. We will check the beds today and change the uncomfortable ones. We have already asked the cleaning staff to be more precise. Regarding the security we have a 24 hour reception inside the hostel area, but also our building provides an other 24 hour security reception at the entrance gate, which gives double safety in the building.

« first « Prev 1 2 3