Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Superb 1787 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 1787 Total Reviews

18th Feb 2017

My stay at the Maverick was exceptional! There was a problem with my room (6 person co-ed) after the first night (urgent renovation) and so the staff moved me to a different shared room then they moved me again to a private room since the room was double booked. Each time they moved me that staff went out of their way to make me comfortable and make sure I was happy! the location is great and they offer so many events and discounts! If going to Budapest you have to stay at the Maverick!

10th Feb 2017

The place it's pretty good located, just a few steps to metro subway. It is clean, the staff is really helpful.

6th Feb 2017

Everything is great but atmosphere. A lot of strong people lives in this hostel. They are simply nothing to do but sitting there and asks random questions. Probably worst atmosphere for all hostel i had. Great location, clean place. A lot of space in the room. Staff are helpful.

• Croatia, Male, 18-24
28th Jan 2017

Best hostel I've stayed at so far in Budapest. The location couldn't be better and the building itself is beautiful example of Austro-Hungarian architecture. The rooms are nice, there are free towels, coffe, tea and storage. Highly recommended!

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Jan 2017

Absolutely loved this hostel ! Felt so safe here, and it's a really calm environment but also very sociable. It's really close to the town centre, but also easy access for the underground which is so easy to work. Would totally recommend !

• England, Mixed Group, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
8th Jan 2017

A fantastic place in an interesting building. Very warm considering it was -18c outside! Ati was a fantastic host and gave us lots of ideas of what to do and where to go.

• morriselhs6576
  • USA, All Male Group, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
2nd Jan 2017

Nice hostel with good location, good planned activities and amenities, and friendly staff. Layout of the building is a little weird though, and doesn't set up too well for meeting other travelers. Also, bathroom situation is kind of strange. Overall, I would definitely stay here again, even with those few limitations.

Sorry for the discomfort, we are organising social events 5 times a week to boost our social life. We hope it helps our Guests to meet the others. Hope to see you again.

26th Dec 2016
7.1

Mixed feelings about this place. Some of the staff were a bit cold. The guy who helped me when I first got there basically just took my money and shooed me off, no brief intro to the hostel or even "here's a map," etc. After being on a train for like eight hours that sucked, especially since I was solo traveling. Some of the staff were more warm and helpful over the next few days, but idk. The vibe is sterile subsequently. But it was pretty clean, cool building, safe, nearby public transit.

Thanks for your review. We are deeply sorry for the bad experience with one staff member. We had a meeting with the front office staff and asked them to be a lot more polite, friendly and helpful. Sorry again.

22nd Dec 2016

Staying here was awesome! It's not a party hostel, so if you're looking to have a nice, calm stay this is the place to do it! The rooms are big so there's no need to squish around people, the lockers are in the hallway so if you need to leave early or arrive late then you won't wake people up. PLUS you get all the free tea and coffee. I will definitely stay here again when I come back in summer!!

• Finland, Male, 31-40
22nd Dec 2016

I had an overnight stay with a late arrival. The hostel has great location, interesting interior and clean facilities. Tea and kitchen are available for free. My dorm room was peaceful and bed confortable to sleep in. Recommended!