Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

Very nice hostel. A small minus because of the tiny flies on our floor, they are harmless but annoying. They said that the problem is being tackled. Also quite a few steps to get to the hostel at first but an elevator to the floors. Next to our private room was a kitchen with good facilities and even free coffee and tea. Location on the main road next to metro station was perfect and it was still very peaceful and quiet in the hostel.

The staff was extremely pleasant and useful. A lost phone was found by a local in Budapest and Nikolett from the front desk independently communicated with the local to retrieve the phone, gave them a bottle of wine as a gift, and then sent the phone over mail to me back in London! Incredible service and experience. Trevor and Claire

• 14th Apr 2015

Oh man, the Maverick is AMAZING. Social, sentral, fun and good looking. Amazing staff that'll give you all the help, advice, service (and crazy experiences) you could imagine. Definitely going back!!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Norway

The Hostel is in an awesome old building at an absolutely great location in the city centre of Budapest. Wifi coverage was good, both in the common spaces and in my room and I was happy that facilities such as 'laundry service' were available. Cleanliness of the room was good, and the toilet/shower was exceptional, however there were quite some fruitflies in the shared kitchen. Also the sewer system was slow, so you could not shower for too long.

Everything is perfect. Nothing to compalin.

One of the cleanest and most well-run hostels I've been in.

Beyond expectations! Super friendly and helpful staff, great value for money. Supermarket, city center and metro are right in front of the hostel.. we loved it there!

Brilliant hostel. Wonderfully located around city centre. Would definitely recommend. Go caving.

Beautiful hostel with lovely staff. The location is very convenient to travel around the city as well.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • India

There was no door lock in dorm! People can come in and out anytime without a knock! NO HEATING! The room was kind of cold but the heater was not function at all! No hot water for showering (2nd floor), it's even not warm enough. You may turn it on and off every two minutes and get very little warm water!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Dear Chun Hin Lee, we are very sorry for the bad experience. We have fixed the heating system and the hot water issue. We have also asked our receptionists to inform all dorm guests on arrival to be more attentive towards each other. Sorry again.

Been there for one night only. The staff is pretty friendly and helpful. The bar crawl in monday was AWESOME

It's an excellent Hostel, it´s like an Hotel but better, because the employees organize activities for the guests.

Amazing! Best hostel I have been to yet!

very friendly and knowledgeable staff great location all good

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Scotland

The staff was absolutely lovely. They were very accommodating and helpful.

• 27th Feb 2015

great hostal

Totally recommed. Atila was he best recepcionist ever!!!!! We havd rhe vesti rine there. Totalley recomended!

Great Hostel located close to a metro stop, so it is easy to get to. Staff are accommodating. Rooms are very clean. I would recommend this hostel to all my friends if they were staying in Budapest.

Building is in disrepair. Outside has a tarp sign, inside is cold poorly lit and a sketchy sign labels the reception. Facilities are fine once you get to the room. I was in a mixed dorm style. The free tea and coffee is a nice touch and I shared a dining/shower area with at least 5 other dorm rooms. Overall good experience once I got settled in, but my first impression on arrival was that I made a mistake.

Dear guest, Sorry for the problems regarding the reparations of the outside of the building. It will end shortly. We have changed our sign for a more visible one. However we only have three dorm rooms in total with three bathrooms. Although our kitchen area is not huge on that floor, all our guests can use our other common kitchen on the reception level. We have asked our staff to give more info about this to all our guests. Sorry again for the discomfort!

We loved the hostel and the staff. We came with relatively no plan for our stay in Budapest and the staff was essential in helping us plan. They were friendly and extremely informational. We were in one of the apartments on the Danube and loved our accommodations-the location was perfect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3