Maverick Hostel & Ensuites Reviews

Ferencziek tere 2., Budapest, Hungary

Great location and clean rooms. Stayed in an upstairs "apartment", which was very comfortable. It was especially nice having a single instead of a bunk bed. Only complaint would be that there as no AC and only a few fans per room, so sometimes it was too hot at night!

Absolutely amazing hostel!!! I have stayed many places in Europe and this was one my favorite. The staff was super friendly and helpful with tips for the city. The common room was large and comfortable. They take everything into consideraton. There are 3 computers, a phone to make international calls, coffee and tea and more. It was easy to get around from the great location of the hostel, many metro stations near by and easy to walk to places. LOVED my stay here and LOVE Budapest! I will be bac

If you are looking for a party stay at the other Maverick hostel. If you are not, this hostel is tucked away in a beautiful building with large, recently renovated, apartment style rooms - our 3 person suite even had a kitchen. Location was good, near a market and plenty of dining options also only 10 minute walk to the Jewish quarter with ruin bars

• 19th Aug 2015

Overall, great location and room! I asked for a restaurant recommendation and I think there could be much better ones than what was told to me by staff.

• 19th Aug 2015

Perfekt läge, trevlig och hjälpsam personal, fantastisk, historisk lokal, modern utrustning, rent!

The best hostel I have ever visited in Europe! Clean, nice staff, nice room and value for money!

Without doubt one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! After an awful journey, and a terrible experience with a taxi driver the staff here were so attentive making us feel at home and offered us a free drink as a welcome. The room was lovely, nice to not be in a bunk bed! Lockers were a great size and really appreciated the free tea! Would recommend this to anyone, only criticism is there is no air con.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • MaddyHooton

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with us. Sorry for discomfort, we will place AC into the rooms, but unfortunatelly it takes a lot longer than we thought, as we are inside a heritage protected building.

I only stayed here for one night but I had a great time! Sitting in the common room area, I was offered some palinka (sp?), which is a traditional Hungarian strong spirit, by one of the staff... About 10 shots later, I had made friends with a couple of other travellers as well as the staff who had been having shots with us. They took us out to a bar and were really lovely and friendly. Can't comment too ,unchanged on facilities as I spent almost no time using them but had a lot of fun! Thanks :)

Beautiful location just SO hot. I couldn't sleep barely at all the whole time I was there (and I've been to other places with no AC... It's just something about the rooms that makes this place even hotter). The staff was great though and I met more people here than at any other hostel.

We are terribly sorry for the discomfort. We are planning to put A/C into the rooms, but it is a bit complicated as we are inside a heritage protected building. Hopefully we will be able to do it shortly.

Excellent hostel! Amazing staff and...you have to try the pub crawl ;) If you're looking for a hostel in Budapest, this is the one you need!

Really friendly and welcoming staff. Perfect location.

• 2nd Aug 2015

I really enjoyed staying in Maverick hostel and thank for staff's kindness ^^

The staff were very accommodating and hospitable, and even though I was only there for a night, they were very kind. The only real problem with this hostel is that it's incredibly hot. They aren't allowed to install AC's which is understandable once you see how beautiful this building is, but that means they only have fans running. The screens in many places are broken too so mosquitoes were attacking me.

Dear Guest, Thank you for the review. We are sorry for the inconvenience, we have started to fix the mosquito nets.

Very nice hostel in a beautiful building. Helpful staff. Spacious, comfortable, clean room. Only stayed one night in Budapest but if I'm in town again I will probably stay in this hostel again. Great value for money.

Very good setup and location! Downfall was no air conditioning, even with the fan on and windows open the room was still unbearably hot! The apartments were very well equipped and if it the apartment had of had air con it would've been one of the best places we've stayed so far!!

Amazing hostel! Lovely staff! Very clean, big rooms. Perfect!!!!

The hostel was clean, comfortable, and in a great location. We were warmly welcomed. We extended our stay for one more night because we enjoyed it.

Had trouble sleeping because it was 42c out and the four fans we had in a room of 10 was not enough to properly circulate the air in the room despite the windows being open. Also, could feel the springs in the mattresses all night. Good sized lockers, decently clean and very friendly staff.

Really good Hostel. One of the best that I have been to in Europe. Very well placed (close to Váci utca and in front of a bus stop).

Loved this hostel! The room was lovely because it was spacious and had multiple fans and it was nice not having bunkbeds. The kitchen and bathroom was good, and it was a nice friendly environment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3