Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

We were 31 people in total, 29 students and 2 teachers. The staff was very polite and helpfull. The location is perfect and we felt very safe living at the Mavi Guesthouse! It was cold in Istanbul during our stay, wich also effected Mavi, but the staff was helpful handing out extra blankets. The owner, Ali, was a great help during our stay. He took his time to help us contact whoever we needed and arranging tranportation for us. Overall a nice stay and a great experince.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

I've now stayed at Mavi twice. The facilities are pretty good - tidy rooms, clean sheets, common area, tea and drinks available, pretty good breakfast - but the best thing is the STAFF! Ali and his team look after you so well. You can trust them, they are reliable, they will help you with anything. If you just ask Ali, he can help book buses and hostels and tours and things all over Turkey - and having a local do it all means that you know all the buses and transfers will work out. RECOMMEND :-)

• 24th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

2 minutes from blue mosque. Great staff, Carolina makes you feel so well looked after. Great stay, highly recommended.

I stayed for 6 nights. Definitely, my stay in here was great. Good location, very helpful staffs, cozy beds !! If I come back in istanbul later, I will stay in this hostel again.

Stuff in this hostel is amazing, they will do everything to make it easy for you and to help you (especially thanks to Reza). We met new and awsome people there and the common area is nice as well as the breakfast. Location is pretty good, it is located in the center of the old town. The thing missing are the facilities on the roof top. It was cold and too many people walking around and talking, so hard for me to fall asleep. Otherwise we had great time! =)

Extremely nice staff, to ask for information, direction or just to chat. Very simple facilities but clean and functional. The pubcrawl offered by the hostel is also very worth the try, fun, drinks, transport and late night bites included, all leaded by the friendly hostel owner, Ali.

Friendly staff, and they really seem to care for you having a good stay there. Location good for the historic part (behind the blue mosque), but if you want to enjoy the nightlife, it maybe a bit far (Taksim area is the place for it), and it takes about half an hour to get there by public transport. Transport (taxi inc.) is very cheap though.

The place is Ok. Free breakfast, nice staff and the location is great.

Staff unfriendly. No hostel atmosphere. On the plus side there did exist a lot of different fungus in some the rooms and barthrooms. Might be worth a study.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

I satyed for two nights and the hostel is really good, first is really close to the sofya mesquit and other attractions and close to the tram. Really close to many restaurants as well. The staff were really nice and he had a good time in the tour to the bars at a really cheap price. I would definetelly recomend it.

Perfect location! Excellent view of Aya Sofya from the terrace! o The owner of guest house, Ali, was really kind and cool guy. I had problem on my Insurance, he sincerly helped me even though he didn`t have to. atmosphere is pretty good. you can stay on the table on the street. only few minutes walking to the blue mosque and Aya Sofya! I liked staying here.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

The best location in Istanbul !! Amazing staff, They are very flexible and helpful.The bedroon are very very clean, only the shared bathroom is a little small !! I loved my stay,i really really recommend. All doubts about the city or the transfers to airport, bus to another cities the managements can help with good prices and trusty services.