Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff are all lovely, but the dorm is a joke, we stayed in the 24 bed and there was no room whartsoever, i couldnt even get my bag anywhere near the bed instead i had to literrally sleep with it on the bed. The sheets all have holes in them an no plug sockets. Communal are is tiny with not enough seating and breakfast is poor. N location is the best thing about this hostel by far. No hot water.

Best location possible, with a view of Hagia Sophia and the sea from the rooftop terrace and certain rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful, as well as hospitable and flexible. The large dorm was extremely crowded, but the smaller rooms were much better (you get what you pay for). Wifi worked well but didn't reach some areas upstairs, and the free breakfast was one of the best I've had.

Superb! I cannot say anything bad about it. I'm pretty much sure that I will choose Mavi Guest House next time I'm in Istanbul.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Poland

The staff was extremely helpful. They would call for us and schedule appointments and get us the best deals. The hostel had a great location! The only downside was that it was very small and not the nicest but still worth staying there! I met great people from all over the world.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Love the atmosphere. Always received nice smile from stuff. Next to Ayasofia. Great fusion of cultures. Reasonable price. Definitely recommand.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • China

Mavi Guesthouse is a simple place at an amazing location! And the prices are very reasonable, too. Ali and everyone else there are very welcoming and helpful. My only complaint would be that my room and my bathroom were not very clean.

• 20th Dec 2013

Mook and his family are incredibly nice. Wonderful stay.