Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff is nice and the place too, but our (double) room had almost no privacy at all (on the ground floor, on one side the kitchen and the common room, on the other the window was right on the tables put outside by the hostel). The shared bathrooms, not too clean not too dirty either, were one sink in the middle of the corridor and the toilet had its window on the kitchen. The sensation is that they stuff the building with people to get as much money as they can.

• 19th Apr 2014

Great hostel, with a very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. The location is perfect and you will enjoy the terrace on the roof, with the view on Aya Sofia ! Good breakfast too. We felt like at home there and didn't want to leave. Perfect place to stay in Istanbul !

The greatest hostel I have ever been ! Amazing staff, amazing breakfast, amazing location ! And the prices are also cheap. If you have to go to istanbul, I assure you, Mavi Gesthouse is the hostel to go !!!!!! You will make friends and have an excellent time

• 18th Apr 2014

Great atmosphere Lights went off too early in the 24 bed room Wonderful trust between the staff and guests (like not having to leave a deposit for a hair dryer) Maybe some rooms designated for changing More options on the breakfast You could charge so much more if you wanted to

The hostel is completely open - we were not even given a key. Showers and toilets were not very nice, poorer quality than expected even in a hostel. The hostel is very cramped and there is no central area to relax in. However, breakfast every morning was delicious and the location is great if you want to be in the center of tourist activities like the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque.

The staff are all lovely, but the dorm is a joke, we stayed in the 24 bed and there was no room whartsoever, i couldnt even get my bag anywhere near the bed instead i had to literrally sleep with it on the bed. The sheets all have holes in them an no plug sockets. Communal are is tiny with not enough seating and breakfast is poor. N location is the best thing about this hostel by far. No hot water.

Best location possible, with a view of Hagia Sophia and the sea from the rooftop terrace and certain rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful, as well as hospitable and flexible. The large dorm was extremely crowded, but the smaller rooms were much better (you get what you pay for). Wifi worked well but didn't reach some areas upstairs, and the free breakfast was one of the best I've had.

Superb! I cannot say anything bad about it. I'm pretty much sure that I will choose Mavi Guest House next time I'm in Istanbul.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Poland

The staff was extremely helpful. They would call for us and schedule appointments and get us the best deals. The hostel had a great location! The only downside was that it was very small and not the nicest but still worth staying there! I met great people from all over the world.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Love the atmosphere. Always received nice smile from stuff. Next to Ayasofia. Great fusion of cultures. Reasonable price. Definitely recommand.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • China

WE stayed in the rooftop 20something room "dorm". it´s an enclosed roof where they put up thick plastic sheets for walls (it was cold!) and you are essentially sleeping next to each other because the beds are all pushed together and lined up. the bathroom is maybe the smallest i´ve ever seen in a hostel and not very clean. The breakfast was decent but that floor should be totally shut down

Mavi Guesthouse is a simple place at an amazing location! And the prices are very reasonable, too. Ali and everyone else there are very welcoming and helpful. My only complaint would be that my room and my bathroom were not very clean.

• 20th Dec 2013

Mook and his family are incredibly nice. Wonderful stay.

Loved Staying at the Mavi. The staff are THE BEST. It's a wonderful feeling to know that the staff of your hostel are ON YOUR SIDE, willing to help you for anything 24 hours a day. When my reservation for a double room had only one full bed instead of two twins, Ali the owner offered to upgrade my room or pay for me to stay in another hostel with separate beds. The people are fun and the facilities are clean enough, but it is a hostel after all. I would definitely stay at the Mavi again!

• 13th Oct 2013

It is nice and friendly guesthouse with lovely comon place for wifi :)

We had a private three-bed room. They gave us a tiny room with two beds. I got bed bugs and even a week later I still have the blisters of their bites. The place smelled really bad and there were people smoking everywhere

Disappointed stay, so dirty in toilet and smelly room

Very good staff and atmosphere..sooo close to city centre and from all of the attraction...i appreciate the helpful staff ,the long chatting outside and the roof terrace..if you want to spend few money and you don't care to share wc with other people or you don't mind how big is the room this is an excellent place to stay

Friendly staff. Great location near old town and mosques

Overall, a great hostel. When I was there, it felt more on the relaxed end rather than the party end. Good place to sit outside on the rooftop terrace with a couple of beers and watch the sunset behind the Hagia Sophia.

• 19th Aug 2013