Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

Everything was good, All staff so kind and we thank you guys We hope we back again to this place for fun♞

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Japan

"Hostel has an amazing location (can see Blue Mosque from roof and Aya sofia is a block over!) and by far the most hospitable experience we had in Turkey. Ali the owner is an absolute legend, he provided us with local relevant info and helped plan and book the rest of our tour through Turkey. He even helped us via phone when some of our bus tickets hadn't come through + he is always down to show you around Taksim (nightlife area). Would absolutely stay again if/when we're in Istanbul again!

Ali is the best. He was always there for help and all kind of queries. With the consideration of location, money, and atmosphere this is no doubt one of the best hostel. Highly recommended. Keep rocking Ali.

It was my second time at Mavi's and it was great, great breakfast, the best views, Ali and his friends were always helpful. I woud definitely recommend it!

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Ali, the owner, is highly considerate. He does not try to missell his tourist services like other hostels in the Sultanahmet area. Extremely cordial staff. Because of them, I ended up staying here for a week! The view from the rooftop is splendid.

Ali, the hostel owner, was absolutely amazing. He was so helpful in everything! He wrote us up an itinerary for us once we had told him where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see. He taught us some ins and outs of Turkey, which became very handy. He also helped us out even after we left by calling up a bus company as we nearly missed it. The hostel was in the best location, surrounded by all the touristy things. The hostel itself was very clean and neat. Would definitely go back there!

Very friendly and helpful staff!!

• 6th Sep 2015

perfect location, other things are just average. the staff is helpful!

Awesome hostel. Incredible location, right near the tourist spots you wanna see. Their picture of the Ayla Sophia is actually from their rooftop. You get to sit there and stare at it! Staff were incredible and went above and beyond whenever we needed them. Will be back again!

This is a great hostel in an amazing location. The staff are wonderful and friendly and help with whatever you need. The dorms have enough room, comfortable beds and the bathrooms are clean. Ali is a lovely man who helped book my transportation and told me the best places to go in Istanbul. I'm so glad i stayed here and I will definitely stay again when I return to istanbul hopefully in the near future. Thanks so much Ali!

Very nice hostel, Ali and his staff are very kind. The breakfast is very good and everything was very clean. However I've left my backpack and a little bag in the patry for a couple of hours and when I came back, one of the staff (don't know is name but he wasn't Ali) had my bag in his desk with all of my stuff spread all over the desk and later I realized that he took me my earplugs... It's not very respectuful... The rest, perfect!

Staying In old town was great and the place was great value for the price with included breakfast. There was one shower and one toilet for our floor and there was no space for our bags which was annoying on top bunk. There were only two small lockers for the room so most people didn't get one.

Ali is great: friendly and extremely helpful in anything Istanbul, be it hamams or the tram. The Pub Crawl is a must (Ali takes you around himself and there's a discount when part of the hostel compared with the normal price). I stayed with a friend in the double private room which was very comfortable. Breakfast included which is always a bonus (bread with butter/jam/cream cheese, cucumber, tomato, boiled egg and tea/coffee). Location is also amazing, almost the doorstep to the Aya Sofia.

Perfect location! Staff was friendly and helpful. Would def stay again on my next visit!

Incredible location and great free breakfast! However my 4 person room had no window, and the shower/toilet was shared with many people and became pretty dirty over the day. There is no kitchen, but the rooftop terrace has an amazing view!

Very nice owners, great location, and awesome breakfast! Much love

A little bit hot in the rooms with no windows otherwise great

• 26th Jul 2015

Great place with a beatiful view of the Hagia Sofia. The price was good, location was perfect and the staff was very helpful and made everything easier for us, from finding what to do in Istambul to buying bus tickets to other cities.

When I'm looking for a hostel, I always look first about the staff because for me some other things can be fixed, but how people treat you will be always in your mind. That's why I'll always remember my trip to Istanbul because I found that in Mavi Guesthouse. In just two days I spend with them, Ali and his staff made feel like home. They even shared a cup of tea and some delicious fruits with me. And the view from my dorm to the Hagia Sophia, was something to remember. Hope to see you some day!

Great place to stay - Ali was very helpful with arranging travel plans throughout Turkey. The location can't be beat, either. A pair of earplugs might be useful for the early morning call to prayer, but really can't complain about being woken up by the Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque. I went back on my way home from Istanbul, and will stay here again when I get the chance to return.