Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

It is nice and friendly guesthouse with lovely comon place for wifi :)

We had a private three-bed room. They gave us a tiny room with two beds. I got bed bugs and even a week later I still have the blisters of their bites. The place smelled really bad and there were people smoking everywhere

Disappointed stay, so dirty in toilet and smelly room

Very good staff and atmosphere..sooo close to city centre and from all of the attraction...i appreciate the helpful staff ,the long chatting outside and the roof terrace..if you want to spend few money and you don't care to share wc with other people or you don't mind how big is the room this is an excellent place to stay

Friendly staff. Great location near old town and mosques

Overall, a great hostel. When I was there, it felt more on the relaxed end rather than the party end. Good place to sit outside on the rooftop terrace with a couple of beers and watch the sunset behind the Hagia Sophia.

• 19th Aug 2013

Mavi is very helpful. Bathrooms desperately need a clean! But cheap and in a very good location central up everything

Great location. Good for a short stay. The dorm room and the bathrooms are small and a little grotty but its cheap so thats to be expected. Not enough lockers for us all in the room. Saff were very helpful.

the dorms are smalll...the location is very good for people who vwants to be next to the blue mosque and aya sophia....the staff are very nice to WOMEN....all in all it is a very good place

• 24th Jun 2013
  • Jordan

not the best hostel, but not the worst either. definitely a true backpackers hostel, just a place to lay your head. if you don't mind being a little bit grubby, it's location in sultan ahmet makes up for everything it may lack.

• 23rd Jun 2013

owner and staff so helpful w/ travel arrangements above and beyond!

good location, social atmosphere so you can meet other traveler easily and cheap. but room is small. and. lack of shower room and toliet. kitchen facility is liltte poor.

Outstanding spot in one of istanbul's most interesting areas, and friendly, knowledgeable staff happy to help with info and bookings. Very cramped though and the big dorm ridiculously so - I had to climb over people's beds to reach my own. Likewise ghe 'common room' was tiny. Upstairs toilet and showers were disgusting, and if it rained heavily water leaked inside. Overall I'd hesitantly recommended for price and location alone.

Very friendly staff(reception, maintanence, housekeeping), excellent atmosphere, a must for the sole traveler that wants to find new friends easily, quickly and safely. Would definitely stay there again.

Mavi has been one of the best hostels I have experienced in Europe. Ali helped me organize one amazing trip across Turkey and it's really really worth it. Besides this, I was also on the pub tour, the night life of Istanbul was incredible. Mavi gave me a wonderful Istanbul. The location is just next to the Blue Mosque. It's clean, the staff is nice, everything is great!

The staff was very helpful.

For a single traveller Mavi was perfect for meeting people (I stayed in the 20bed dorm and made a lot of friends there) and for getting great travel advice and help from Ali. He helped me book last minute flights and helped me plan a trip to Cappadocia. Great pub crawl and great atmosphere all round!

This is one of the hostel with the best atmosphere that I've ever been. The owner and his colleagues were very kindly and they gave us a lot of usefull and precious informations to have a great holiday. Rooms, baths and the kitchen were clean.

• 21st May 2013

The hostel is very small, but is right in the center of old city. All rooms for 6,4,3 are extremly small, you can barely stand there with other guests. We've booked 3 people room which is actualy room with 2 double beds (fourth person can stay for free in this room O_O) and there were no windows. Wi-fi is available only on the first floor in the small room, nor on other floors or in cafe outside the hostel. Anyway large room for 18th people is very cool and cheap. You should probably stay there.

't was really good experience to stay in mavi guesthouse staff were pretty nice to me and to everybody . i would stay longer if i had time but unfortunately we had limited time in istanbul but anyway i am planning to go to istanbul again to visit those people who work at mavi guesthouse . my other friends were satisfied to stay there as well i really appreciate ali and yusuf and the others .And also ali organised a pub crawl at that night ,i ,as a turkish man, have never had such a good time

• 18th May 2013