Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

Outstanding spot in one of istanbul's most interesting areas, and friendly, knowledgeable staff happy to help with info and bookings. Very cramped though and the big dorm ridiculously so - I had to climb over people's beds to reach my own. Likewise ghe 'common room' was tiny. Upstairs toilet and showers were disgusting, and if it rained heavily water leaked inside. Overall I'd hesitantly recommended for price and location alone.

Very friendly staff(reception, maintanence, housekeeping), excellent atmosphere, a must for the sole traveler that wants to find new friends easily, quickly and safely. Would definitely stay there again.

Mavi has been one of the best hostels I have experienced in Europe. Ali helped me organize one amazing trip across Turkey and it's really really worth it. Besides this, I was also on the pub tour, the night life of Istanbul was incredible. Mavi gave me a wonderful Istanbul. The location is just next to the Blue Mosque. It's clean, the staff is nice, everything is great!

The staff was very helpful.

For a single traveller Mavi was perfect for meeting people (I stayed in the 20bed dorm and made a lot of friends there) and for getting great travel advice and help from Ali. He helped me book last minute flights and helped me plan a trip to Cappadocia. Great pub crawl and great atmosphere all round!

This is one of the hostel with the best atmosphere that I've ever been. The owner and his colleagues were very kindly and they gave us a lot of usefull and precious informations to have a great holiday. Rooms, baths and the kitchen were clean.

• 21st May 2013

The hostel is very small, but is right in the center of old city. All rooms for 6,4,3 are extremly small, you can barely stand there with other guests. We've booked 3 people room which is actualy room with 2 double beds (fourth person can stay for free in this room O_O) and there were no windows. Wi-fi is available only on the first floor in the small room, nor on other floors or in cafe outside the hostel. Anyway large room for 18th people is very cool and cheap. You should probably stay there.

't was really good experience to stay in mavi guesthouse staff were pretty nice to me and to everybody . i would stay longer if i had time but unfortunately we had limited time in istanbul but anyway i am planning to go to istanbul again to visit those people who work at mavi guesthouse . my other friends were satisfied to stay there as well i really appreciate ali and yusuf and the others .And also ali organised a pub crawl at that night ,i ,as a turkish man, have never had such a good time

• 18th May 2013
  • Turkey

Ali, Yusuf, Ahmet.. All staff is very kind, funny and friendly! 마비에서 4박했는데 일하는 모든 스탭들도 친절했고 덕분에 편하게 지낼 수 있었습니다. 위치도 좋고 같이 지냈던 룸메이트들도 좋아서 덕분에 이스탄불에서 좋은 기억만 가지고 갑니다! 시설이 다른 호스텔에 비해 뛰어나지는 않지만 지내기에 불편하진 않아요. 수압도 괜찮고 뜨거운 물도 잘나옵니다ㅋㅋ

• 13th May 2013
  • South Korea

Washrooms were dark and gloomy. I couldn't shower without getting my clothes wet. The toilet was so close to the door that my knees touched the door. Faily uncomfortable.

Ali is such a great guy I enjoyed my stay there very much. Location couldnt be better. Be sure not to miss the pub crawl :)

If you're travelling on your own or in Istanbul to party, then this is your place. Really social atmosphere with helpful and friendly staff. Ali provides great advice and assistance when booking travel in and around Istanbul.

Good location, friendly staff and, although it looks a bit shabby, it's clean. Slightly noisy. Unfortunatele we didn't get what we booked for. Instead of 2 nights in a double room, we ended up in a tiny triple room (single beds) without windows the first night.

We moved into the 3-bed ensuite room, and that was horrible. Mold everywhere, no real window and the pipes from the toilets and showers ran through the room, so you always heard and smelled everything. However, Ali was very helpful and offered us another room on the second day and that was just beautiful: small, light, fresh air and cozy. Ali is very helpful in any regard. If you have a light sleep - you hear everything in all the rooms because they surround the stairs.

Decent place to stay for a few days - run down but very friendly staff. Also there appears to be a pigeon nesting in the window of one of the dorm toilets, which I liked.

The big minus is the facilities, especially the bathroom. It was in a very poor condition and uncomfortable.

• 28th Apr 2013
  • Indonesia

Bed bugs!

I have stayed in many hostels and don't think I'm too fussy but I had a bad experience here. The double room was so small that I could only barely fit my suitcase on the floor between the bed and the door. It was supposed to be the 'quiet' room but was right next to the bathroom and there was an external hand basin which people were using all through the night. It was super noisy, the bathrooms were gross & security for luggage was not okay.

I was very pleased to be at Mavi's Guesthouse. A wonderful location and a very warm crew. I surely would go back there.

• 26th Apr 2013

This is a chill hostel as opposed to a party hostel, which suited me just fine. Staff are AWESOME, so helpful and friendly, as is the location (although a friendly location probably isn't the best word.. but walking distance to essentially all points of interest in Istanbul!) Only thing: wifi only on ground floor, no power plug near beds so there is competition for them elsewhere around the hostel and you have to leave your stuff, and no lockers for bags in 24 bed room

• 26th Apr 2013