Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

perfect location, other things are just average. the staff is helpful!

Very nice hostel, Ali and his staff are very kind. The breakfast is very good and everything was very clean. However I've left my backpack and a little bag in the patry for a couple of hours and when I came back, one of the staff (don't know is name but he wasn't Ali) had my bag in his desk with all of my stuff spread all over the desk and later I realized that he took me my earplugs... It's not very respectuful... The rest, perfect!

Staying In old town was great and the place was great value for the price with included breakfast. There was one shower and one toilet for our floor and there was no space for our bags which was annoying on top bunk. There were only two small lockers for the room so most people didn't get one.

Ali is great: friendly and extremely helpful in anything Istanbul, be it hamams or the tram. The Pub Crawl is a must (Ali takes you around himself and there's a discount when part of the hostel compared with the normal price). I stayed with a friend in the double private room which was very comfortable. Breakfast included which is always a bonus (bread with butter/jam/cream cheese, cucumber, tomato, boiled egg and tea/coffee). Location is also amazing, almost the doorstep to the Aya Sofia.

Perfect location! Staff was friendly and helpful. Would def stay again on my next visit!

Incredible location and great free breakfast! However my 4 person room had no window, and the shower/toilet was shared with many people and became pretty dirty over the day. There is no kitchen, but the rooftop terrace has an amazing view!

Very nice owners, great location, and awesome breakfast! Much love

A little bit hot in the rooms with no windows otherwise great

• 26th Jul 2015

Great place with a beatiful view of the Hagia Sofia. The price was good, location was perfect and the staff was very helpful and made everything easier for us, from finding what to do in Istambul to buying bus tickets to other cities.

When I'm looking for a hostel, I always look first about the staff because for me some other things can be fixed, but how people treat you will be always in your mind. That's why I'll always remember my trip to Istanbul because I found that in Mavi Guesthouse. In just two days I spend with them, Ali and his staff made feel like home. They even shared a cup of tea and some delicious fruits with me. And the view from my dorm to the Hagia Sophia, was something to remember. Hope to see you some day!

Great place to stay - Ali was very helpful with arranging travel plans throughout Turkey. The location can't be beat, either. A pair of earplugs might be useful for the early morning call to prayer, but really can't complain about being woken up by the Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque. I went back on my way home from Istanbul, and will stay here again when I get the chance to return.

I stayed at Mavi Guesthouse for 9 days, and it was such a lovely experience! The hostel owner, Ali, and the other staff all went above and beyond to make us all feel comfortable and welcome. Ali had so much knowledge of Istanbul he was able to give us great advice. Breakfast was delicious every morning! We all agreed that coming back to Mavi Guesthouse after a day of sightseeing felt just like coming home, it was such a nice atmosphere!

• 13th Jul 2015

One of the best Hostel i have stayed at and my travel companions completely agreed (they have traveled allot more than i). Ali is awesome, laid back and very easy to talk to, happy to help with absolutely everything. Welcomed us into Istanbul and made the week easy and enjoyable at the hostel.

GREAT HOSTEL! For anyone traveling to Istanbul, and doing do on a budget, this is the place for you. The staff was killer, providing us with everything we needed, and the view waking up every morning of the Hagia Sophia was nice. The place was near anything and everything you would want to see. The rooms themselves were fairly comfortable, but about average for a hostel. But for the price you're paying you get a bed and a free breakfast, and so the deal is totally worth it.

• 5th Jul 2015

We really enjoyed our stay! Nice clean rooms and bathrooms and very friendly staff. Great location right behind The Sofia. Will stay here again!

The location and view cannot be beat! The helpful hostel owner will arrange your airport shuttle. That being said, the showers seem to have no ventilation, which leads to less clean bathrooms.

Great for a cheap night. However not super clean and showers aren't the best. Decent breakfast and good location.

Nice stay. Place very well located and close to everything! The staff was excellent and very helpful. Bathrooms were not clean but the rest of the place was fine. We were arranged a transfer and bus to cappadocia. If you are planning some days in Istanbul this place is cool to stay. Thanks a lot!

Our stay at Mavi Guesthouse was great owing to its great, friendly and approachable staff, great location and its value for money. Some of the showers were not working during our stay there so that was just the only downside to our stay. Nevertheless, this guesthouse is charming in its own way and the view from the rooftop is phenomenal to say the least.

The hostel is really well located with all the facilities around. The staff has been really welcoming and we could meet easy going travelers.

• 25th Jun 2015