Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

A little bit hot in the rooms with no windows otherwise great

• 26th Jul 2015

When I'm looking for a hostel, I always look first about the staff because for me some other things can be fixed, but how people treat you will be always in your mind. That's why I'll always remember my trip to Istanbul because I found that in Mavi Guesthouse. In just two days I spend with them, Ali and his staff made feel like home. They even shared a cup of tea and some delicious fruits with me. And the view from my dorm to the Hagia Sophia, was something to remember. Hope to see you some day!

Great place to stay - Ali was very helpful with arranging travel plans throughout Turkey. The location can't be beat, either. A pair of earplugs might be useful for the early morning call to prayer, but really can't complain about being woken up by the Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque. I went back on my way home from Istanbul, and will stay here again when I get the chance to return.

One of the best Hostel i have stayed at and my travel companions completely agreed (they have traveled allot more than i). Ali is awesome, laid back and very easy to talk to, happy to help with absolutely everything. Welcomed us into Istanbul and made the week easy and enjoyable at the hostel.

GREAT HOSTEL! For anyone traveling to Istanbul, and doing do on a budget, this is the place for you. The staff was killer, providing us with everything we needed, and the view waking up every morning of the Hagia Sophia was nice. The place was near anything and everything you would want to see. The rooms themselves were fairly comfortable, but about average for a hostel. But for the price you're paying you get a bed and a free breakfast, and so the deal is totally worth it.

• 5th Jul 2015

We really enjoyed our stay! Nice clean rooms and bathrooms and very friendly staff. Great location right behind The Sofia. Will stay here again!

The location and view cannot be beat! The helpful hostel owner will arrange your airport shuttle. That being said, the showers seem to have no ventilation, which leads to less clean bathrooms.

Great for a cheap night. However not super clean and showers aren't the best. Decent breakfast and good location.

Nice stay. Place very well located and close to everything! The staff was excellent and very helpful. Bathrooms were not clean but the rest of the place was fine. We were arranged a transfer and bus to cappadocia. If you are planning some days in Istanbul this place is cool to stay. Thanks a lot!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Our stay at Mavi Guesthouse was great owing to its great, friendly and approachable staff, great location and its value for money. Some of the showers were not working during our stay there so that was just the only downside to our stay. Nevertheless, this guesthouse is charming in its own way and the view from the rooftop is phenomenal to say the least.

The hostel is really well located with all the facilities around. The staff has been really welcoming and we could meet easy going travelers.

• 25th Jun 2015

We slept with a view of Hagia Sofia from bed, which is pretty awesome. Other than that, it was a totally normal hostel experience, nothing spectacular, nothing actually bad.

• 21st Jun 2015

Best. staff was amazing we miss them already. literally behind the aya Sofia, actually I recommend buying earplugs for the 4 am call to worship. amazing, used it twice. free morning Turkish breakfast

Nice staff, good breakfast, excellent location. But our room did not have any windows, just a transom above the door that opened to a windowless hall. Even with a fan, the ventilation was poor and made sleep difficult. It was also right next to the bathroom so anyone using it at night wakes you up. Also, when the front door is locked, it cannot be opened from the inside without staff assistance. Hope you don't need to get out if there is a fire!

MaviGuestsHouse Deserves recommendations... The Manager Ali is the best friend you may meet in Turkey always ready to help to offer plans,doing the best to provide nice atmosphere for all the guests,Karolina the best receptionist you may meet nice character and great vegetarian food maker I never thought I ll love the vegetarians' food but she made me do it,Reza the amazing guy the king of night shifts,special breakfast prepared by Jaser,Holia Fatima hostel always clean and ready Thank You all..

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Lebanon

We were 31 people in total, 29 students and 2 teachers. The staff was very polite and helpfull. The location is perfect and we felt very safe living at the Mavi Guesthouse! It was cold in Istanbul during our stay, wich also effected Mavi, but the staff was helpful handing out extra blankets. The owner, Ali, was a great help during our stay. He took his time to help us contact whoever we needed and arranging tranportation for us. Overall a nice stay and a great experince.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

I've now stayed at Mavi twice. The facilities are pretty good - tidy rooms, clean sheets, common area, tea and drinks available, pretty good breakfast - but the best thing is the STAFF! Ali and his team look after you so well. You can trust them, they are reliable, they will help you with anything. If you just ask Ali, he can help book buses and hostels and tours and things all over Turkey - and having a local do it all means that you know all the buses and transfers will work out. RECOMMEND :-)

• 24th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

2 minutes from blue mosque. Great staff, Carolina makes you feel so well looked after. Great stay, highly recommended.

I stayed for 6 nights. Definitely, my stay in here was great. Good location, very helpful staffs, cozy beds !! If I come back in istanbul later, I will stay in this hostel again.

Stuff in this hostel is amazing, they will do everything to make it easy for you and to help you (especially thanks to Reza). We met new and awsome people there and the common area is nice as well as the breakfast. Location is pretty good, it is located in the center of the old town. The thing missing are the facilities on the roof top. It was cold and too many people walking around and talking, so hard for me to fall asleep. Otherwise we had great time! =)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7