Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

perfect location, other things are just average. the staff is helpful!

Very nice hostel, Ali and his staff are very kind. The breakfast is very good and everything was very clean. However I've left my backpack and a little bag in the patry for a couple of hours and when I came back, one of the staff (don't know is name but he wasn't Ali) had my bag in his desk with all of my stuff spread all over the desk and later I realized that he took me my earplugs... It's not very respectuful... The rest, perfect!

Staying In old town was great and the place was great value for the price with included breakfast. There was one shower and one toilet for our floor and there was no space for our bags which was annoying on top bunk. There were only two small lockers for the room so most people didn't get one.

Super gelegendes Hostel mit kleinem Frühstück. Leider war die Kreditkartenzahlung nur mit 5% Aufpreis möglich, anscheinend da die Bank 5% mehr nimmt als früher. Einfach nur schade. Die Doppelzimmer sind sehr klein, sodass man nur auf zwei Seiten am Bett vorbei laufen kann, für einen längeren Aufenthalt nicht zu empfehlen! Die Duschen im 1. Stock sind stark verschimmelt und stehts dreckig. Außerdem überschwemmt nach einer Dusche die daneben liegende Toilette.

Ali is great: friendly and extremely helpful in anything Istanbul, be it hamams or the tram. The Pub Crawl is a must (Ali takes you around himself and there's a discount when part of the hostel compared with the normal price). I stayed with a friend in the double private room which was very comfortable. Breakfast included which is always a bonus (bread with butter/jam/cream cheese, cucumber, tomato, boiled egg and tea/coffee). Location is also amazing, almost the doorstep to the Aya Sofia.

Perfect location! Staff was friendly and helpful. Would def stay again on my next visit!

Incredible location and great free breakfast! However my 4 person room had no window, and the shower/toilet was shared with many people and became pretty dirty over the day. There is no kitchen, but the rooftop terrace has an amazing view!

I stayed here in dormitory for 4 nights. The host(Ali) made me to feel comfortable. They gave me Turkish breakfast which was great. The location is near the sultanahmet tramway with famous places. They doesn't have air conditioner but it was okay for sleeping.

Estuve mas dias de lo pensado porque realmente la pase muy bien. El ambiente es muy amigable sobretodo para quienes viajamos solos. El desayuno es generoso y muy bueno. La ubicacion es muy buena, cerca de los lugares mas turisticos y a solo 5 minutos a pie de la estacion de tram. El personal es muy amigable y estan siempre dispuestos a ayudar en lo que puedan. Buena relacion precio/calidad. Sin dudas volveria.

Very nice owners, great location, and awesome breakfast! Much love

A little bit hot in the rooms with no windows otherwise great

• 26th Jul 2015

Great place with a beatiful view of the Hagia Sofia. The price was good, location was perfect and the staff was very helpful and made everything easier for us, from finding what to do in Istambul to buying bus tickets to other cities.

When I'm looking for a hostel, I always look first about the staff because for me some other things can be fixed, but how people treat you will be always in your mind. That's why I'll always remember my trip to Istanbul because I found that in Mavi Guesthouse. In just two days I spend with them, Ali and his staff made feel like home. They even shared a cup of tea and some delicious fruits with me. And the view from my dorm to the Hagia Sophia, was something to remember. Hope to see you some day!

Great place to stay - Ali was very helpful with arranging travel plans throughout Turkey. The location can't be beat, either. A pair of earplugs might be useful for the early morning call to prayer, but really can't complain about being woken up by the Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque. I went back on my way home from Istanbul, and will stay here again when I get the chance to return.

la recomiendo unicamente si piensan estar en Estambul por maximo dos noches.

I stayed at Mavi Guesthouse for 9 days, and it was such a lovely experience! The hostel owner, Ali, and the other staff all went above and beyond to make us all feel comfortable and welcome. Ali had so much knowledge of Istanbul he was able to give us great advice. Breakfast was delicious every morning! We all agreed that coming back to Mavi Guesthouse after a day of sightseeing felt just like coming home, it was such a nice atmosphere!

• 13th Jul 2015

One of the best Hostel i have stayed at and my travel companions completely agreed (they have traveled allot more than i). Ali is awesome, laid back and very easy to talk to, happy to help with absolutely everything. Welcomed us into Istanbul and made the week easy and enjoyable at the hostel.

O hostel é bem arrejado. As acomodações são limpas e agradáveis, de acordo com as quantidades de camas que escolher nos quartos. O atendimento é excelente. Os funcionários maravihosos, nos ajudaram em todos as horas e sobre todas as coisas, principalmente em relação a tickets para ônibus de viagens.

• 13th Jul 2015

Lo que más vale la pena de este hostal, es sin duda la ubicación, está en una calle tranquila, llena de hostales, de comercios y de agendas. El personal es muy amable y todos quieren hacer una conversación. Lo recomiendo totalmente si vas con un recurso limitado.

GREAT HOSTEL! For anyone traveling to Istanbul, and doing do on a budget, this is the place for you. The staff was killer, providing us with everything we needed, and the view waking up every morning of the Hagia Sophia was nice. The place was near anything and everything you would want to see. The rooms themselves were fairly comfortable, but about average for a hostel. But for the price you're paying you get a bed and a free breakfast, and so the deal is totally worth it.

• 5th Jul 2015