Mavi Guesthouse Reviews

Ishakpasa Cad., Kutlugun Sok. No:3, Istanbul, Turkey

We have been in Mavi hostel for New Year's hollidays and it was great. It's small hostel, but very nice. Ali, the owner, is great guy :)

The staff was very friendly, hospitable and welcoming. All of the staff had great attitudes. The location was perfect, it was very close to the Hagia Sofia and Sultanahmet. The cleaning staff did a great job of maintaining the facilities but the sheets could have been a bit fresher and not so stained. Overall I had a great experience at this hostel and I would recommend it.

• 25th Dec 2015

La ubicación del hostel es imbatible ya que se puede ir andando a la mayoría de sitios que hay que visitar. Me encantó el roof top del hostel para tomar una cerveza mientras se ve la mezquita Hagia Sophia. Las habitaciones estaban limpias, por la noche no hay ruido y por la mañana te espera un desayuno bastante completo. El personal del hostel es muy simpático :) Gracias!!! :)

Loved the place.

Great location. Close to everything and the tram. Simple, tasty breakfast after 8am. Pretty dead this time if year though. Only 2-3 of 8 beds used in my room the 4 days I was there. Nobody in that huge room upstairs either. I'd recommend. Also, you must try a Turkish bath - a very cool and odd experience.

The hostel was in a great location, near many of the sights that you would most likely like to see in Istanbul. The staff was very friendly and even recommended amazing sights to see that you wouldn't find in a travel guide. The rooms were adequate size and the beds were comfortable. If you're traveling in the winter months make sure you dress warmly for bed though, as there was a draft, but nothing that made sleep difficult. The overall building was clean and tidy.

I enjoyed my stay at Mavi very much. It's very close to Hagia Sophia, and there are some good eating places nearby. Breakfast is included, which is a big plus. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are clean. Some steep stairs but reception is on the ground floor. Staff are helpful. Good value for money.

I cannot rate this place enough. Firstly, the location is insane. Literally 1 minute walk to Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sofia. Yet the street it is on is really peaceful and quiet. Second the staff are hands down the most helpful, welcoming people to ever run a hostel. Ali helped organise our entire Turkey itinerary, booking reputable buses, transfers and hostels for us so our Turkey trip was stress free. We are heading back to Istanbul soon and will make Mavi guesthouse home again.

Really enjoyed staying here, would stay again.

We had the best time in Istanbul, Turkey and it was no doubt due to the wonderful experience we had at Mavi Guesthouse. The location of this accommodation could not be more convenient, only a 5 minute walking-distance from popular attractions such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Ali was fantastic and didn't hesitate to help us plan and book activities throughout the duration of our stay. We'll be back, Ali!

• 13th Nov 2015

I really enjoyed being there. Cheap, awesome location, friendly and helpful staff = great value for the money

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Finland

Ali and the staff are great!!!, you feel like home and they will help you in everything, the location is great, close to everything.

The location of the hostel is really good. You can see the mosque right in front. And the owner is helpful. In fact, I needed to leave early in the morning and he served me a breakfast earlier than it normally supposes to be. In addition, there were the guys started smoking in the dormitory which was not good manner, the owner came soon to tell them to smoke outside.There was little leaking problem on the ceiling of the top floor dormitory, but still worth to stay.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Japan

Great location and staff. Couple of days rain meant the rooftop dorm was a bit wet but other than that, happy to stay here again.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff very helpful and very kind. Breakfast is good. Cleanliness overall isn't good. The top room (24 person) is terrible, worst hostel room I've ever seen. It doens't have windows, it is closed with awnings that dont close completely, the wind gets directly to the room, with water dropping from the roof. I changed rooms the first second I steped there. Security isnt the best. Has some lockers on rooms but not enought for everybody and some are broken. Location is perfect.

Absolutely good located, with the most receptive staff ever. You are gonna feel yourself home. If I come back to Istanbul someday, I would definitely go directly to Mavi Guesthouse.

Mavi Guest House was the best hostel Ive stayed in so far in my six months of travelling. The best location in the old town, amazing breakfast and room, but best of all Ali and Osman made us feel very comfortable and were extremely helpful, Ali helped us each day to write up a plan for our travels in turkey! Amazing! Am recommending to everyone!

The hostel is situated in the centre of Istanbul, close to the Ayasofya and nice restaurants. Its location is perfect for a city trip cause all the sights are in walking distance. Staff and owner are very friendly, care for you and help you. So the atmosphere is warm and friendly. As the house and furniture are old you will immediately know that there have been many guests before. But if location, price and people are more important for you than new furniture it is the best choice!

Great location, 5 minute walk from most major tourist attractions, 15-20 min walk almost anywhere you'd want to go in Istanbul. Also very close to the tram. The staff was very nice, went out of their way to be helpful/provide directions and they remembered everyone's name. The breakfast was good and provides an opportunity to meet other travelers. Would recommend to both couples and solo travelers.

We really enjoyed our stay, so much so that we came back to stay after our trip to Goreme/Cappadocia. Ali, the owner, was so helpful. He organised our day trip to Galipoli and our many Goreme tours which we really enjoyed. He was extremely knowledgable and willing to help as much as he could. If i'm back to Istanbul in the near future, we'll be sure to stay again! Love from Alice, Tam and Naomi :)