Maxim Hostel Reviews

Raday utca 34, Budapest, Hungary

We arrived tired and a little dubious about the quality of our hostel as it seemed a tad dodgy being on the third floor of an apartment building but our fears were very quickly dealt with, amazing central location literally a few minutes walk from Liberty Bridge into buda and hundreds of restaurants up the street. George was a highlight, wonderful caring man and on one of the days he did my washing for me because we were in a rush!? Always happy to help with maps and recommendations, love maxim!

We got moved to a studio apartment for our stay which we were not complaining about, it was very central and after a week traveling and staying in hostels it was nice to have some space. the owner was very nice and helpful! I would definitely stay again as it was fantastic value for money!

Not the best Hostel in Budapest but the cheapest :) Good value for your money

Absolutely loved the place.

We stayed in Maxim hostel for one night. I like the idea of the hostel, cos it is actually a flat that turned into hostel with few rooms, it was very nice, cosy, manager - George was very friendly and helpful while giving us some info and map. The place was clean and good for that money. Location great. Only one thing was that two beds of my friends were quite uncomfortable, very stiff and it made noise with every move. Maybe would be good to change them. But anyway, it was great choice.Thank u!

We were on a train that was five hours late because of a power out in half the city and George (staff) had put candles everywhere so we could find our way around the hostel. (Because it was very late and no one was there.) The hostel is like living at home, there are rooms, a big kitchen and a bathroom with a tub and shower and a half bath as well. George was the only staff that we met and he was awesome! I would go here again. :) Liked it so much apparently that I gave them one of my bras

George was one of the most lovely hostel owners we have ever met and we have both travelled for more than 5 years. He was exceptionally sweet and caring and helpful. He organised a ride share for us, sat and talked through our million questions for hours, shared some local wine with us to thank us for our friendship and we only stayed for two days. He also walked us to our cab and carried some bags as the whole town flooded and it was mayhem everywhere. We were just so touched by his sweetness

• 7th Jul 2015

Great hostel!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

George is very helpful and easy to talk to!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Norway

Our group was lucky enough to stay in the apartment owned by George which was in a great location and great value for money! George is a great host and I have no doubt if I ever find myself back in Budapest I'll be booking with him!

Thank you very much!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

George is a very nice guy. First day there was a little misunderstanding about the room, but after that everything was great. I think this the best value for money in Budapest

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Staff attention is great... to improve the number of toilets/showers vs the amount of people in the place

George is awesome! The hostel is really nicely located and quiet. Only complaint was the mattress...but would definitely stay there again!

the apartment was very big and spacious and the host very friendly. Kitchen lacked facilities and there was very little atmosphere (no real shared spaces) and empty.

Good location area. It's only 15 min walking to the center. There's no reception but eventually you will meet George (the person in charge), he's really nice and very helpful. He explained us the city and recommended us places to go. He can print boarding passes for you. Coffee, tea, milk, cereals and washing machine for free. The only bad thing was apparently the shutters were just broken and the sun woke us up very early as the room has a huge window. Good security. I highly recommend it.

The value for money is pretty good. The owner is friendly and willing to help. There is always a good answer for the questions. The hostel has a kitchen and it's really useful. I thought before i go there, that i'm gonna take metro for the city center but for young people it's easy to walk to many touristic destinations. There were just some tiny details maybe to complain but i recommend this hostel for sure. Facilities are pretty good.

• 25th May 2015
  • Turkey

For 7€ per night you can't omplain about anything. The only l drawback is that there is one shower for approx. 14 people.

The hostel atmosphere is mind blowing.. value for money. I recommend to choose this hostel!!

• 21st May 2015