Maxim Hostel Reviews

Raday utca 34, Budapest, Hungary

Really great little hostel not far from both Buda and Pest sides of the city. On arrival we were greeted by George who was really friendly and helpful, giving us a map and pointing out must see landmarks, buildings and telling us where the best pubs were! Our room was really cool, with 2 beds on the floor and 2 on a wooden flooring about 6 feet in the air. It felt a bit like a pirate ship. Only issue with our stay was that the beds were really uncomfy but would definitely stay again.

Recommand the hostel to anyone that like value for money, its old but clean and the best feature about the place is the owner george :-D he is super nice and so helpful about everything.you can use anything in the place so it felt like home.

• 4th Oct 2014

The place it is not a Hostel, it is an apartment with 3 rooms, 1 WC and one WC-shower. The location is really good, but they send the front door password at our e-mail one day before. The staff is good and nice, there is no reception and if we need something, we have to call and wait for the guy that is from 1 hour from the hostel. Even worst, I read that this hostel had bed-bugs, but I didn´t care until I saw them. The staff help me and "take care" of the things, but I chaged Hostel.

I always get good rated hostel on Hostelworld, most the time they are a little bit expensive than the average. However, this time I tried to give a chance to a cheapest option. End up in a bad choice. When I arrived, there was not hot shower at all. I tried to keep the water running, but did not work. In addition, the gas for the hot water was inside the bathroom and that is dangerous because the carbon monoxide. Oh, the laundry was inside the bathroom as well. Resuming, it was only cheap.

Very helpful, informative staff. Clean, spacious private rooms. Definitely recommended.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

The hostel is located in a spectacular position - really close to the center (in walking distance) and on a really nice avenue filled with bars, pubs and restaurant, ranging from very nice to really unexpensive. The facility itself is in a well kept building, and it offers a really nice environment and atmosphere - it makes you feel at home right away. The small size makes it very quiet even in August and the several windows open on the quiet side of the road so there's no noise at all.

a very nice hostel, located at the end of a street full with restaurants and bars, very clean, very good value for money

Hi guys! Everything fine, thanks a lot! I´ll come again some time! :) Greets, Ede

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Austria

The hostel is very good located, the manager even if he´s not there all the time he´s always available. The only thing i did not like was breakfast. It was include in the price but in fact there were not things to eat, there were only some cereal and some tea and coffee,no milk, no bread....

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Bolivia

We thougt it was a bit strange we never saw the owner of the hostel or any other staff, except a cleaning lady. It shows the owner puts a lot of trust in the hostel users, but we didn't feel it was al that safe to leave our money in the check out box. There was only one shower, which sometimes caused waiting time or cold showers. It was also not that convenient that we could hear a lot of noise from the other rooms.

The experience there was terrible. I should have received some code for the enrtance and they didn't sendo me. The keeper of the hostel wasn't there and se couldn't contact him. One russian girl helped US with the code, she said Simeone took ver shoes and her dress from her room. The guests should pay by putting the money inside a box. Terrible!

There's no staff so it is a self-check in. However, George, the owner, came in in the evening and he is a very friendly, hospitable guy. The bathroom is big and clean and because it is a smaller hostel, you don't share with many people. It has a very private, home-like feel. At first, I was a bit sceptical because it is not like other hostels! (Important to keep this in mind!) But I ended up loving it. Make sure you save the code provided so you can self check into the building!

A fantastic hostel for a great price. George was as useful and friendly as previous reviews said and the hostel is located on a thriving restaurant road. Good transport links and brilliant security 10/10

Really good place! Perfect location, clean, you have everything that you need, even there is a washing machine that you can use for free:) the kitchen is really good equipped also. For the money that you pay it's the best place that you will find!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Macedonia

Compact and home-like hostel, good to stay. Located in bar street, easily to enjoy the evening and foods. facility is a bit old but generally they all work. Owner Gerorge is great and you will like to stay at his place.

George, owner, was amazing. He provided us with amazing city stops and reccomend some fantastic resturants. The beds weren't the greatest but it served it's purpose, a place to sleep and get clean.

No staff and no atmosphere hotel.

The owner, George, is absolutely lovely and clearly cares so much about the quality of your stay. There was a free washing machine, a little supermarket next door and all the sites were within walking distance. We loved it!

Nice hostel, location is easy to find as it's linked to the main station via the metro. MAKE sure you get the code to get into the building, it's a "self check-in" which is strange but its to keep cost down apparently. I even stayed an extra night which was easy to sort and was offered a good price.

George is really great! Got a room upgrade. Cereal and milk for breakfast. I would definitely reverend it !