Maxim Hostel Reviews

Raday utca 34, Budapest, Hungary

Super choice!

Very nice people, very chill atmosphere. Come here if you want a cozy hostel. I met some good people here.

Maxim is not a hostel. It is simply an apartment we rent rooms. The rooms are a reasonable size, but the beds and mattresses are very bad. I slept in a double bed sheet which had more than 4 spots. The bathroom is very bad, has a window that gives direct to the staff room and only a semi-transparent curtain in in the window, that is, you see just about everything.Also the shower curtain is completely disgusting, has a musty smell and is unclean.

There should be a seperate bathroom!!!!

Staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful. Location was great - right at the start of one of the main streets in the city. The bedrooms were nicely set out, and there was a warm cozy atmosphere. Thanks guys!

Great hostel! Cool guy working there! Free Use of the Washing Mashine!!!

Value for money, near the centre, nice staff

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

If you dont look for 4 stárs hotel ,but acomodation in real surounding -this is the place. Perfect location ,on the edge b etwine turistick atraction and real Budapest. Thanks George for your care. Michal

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Really great little hostel not far from both Buda and Pest sides of the city. On arrival we were greeted by George who was really friendly and helpful, giving us a map and pointing out must see landmarks, buildings and telling us where the best pubs were! Our room was really cool, with 2 beds on the floor and 2 on a wooden flooring about 6 feet in the air. It felt a bit like a pirate ship. Only issue with our stay was that the beds were really uncomfy but would definitely stay again.

Recommand the hostel to anyone that like value for money, its old but clean and the best feature about the place is the owner george :-D he is super nice and so helpful about everything.you can use anything in the place so it felt like home.

• 4th Oct 2014

The place it is not a Hostel, it is an apartment with 3 rooms, 1 WC and one WC-shower. The location is really good, but they send the front door password at our e-mail one day before. The staff is good and nice, there is no reception and if we need something, we have to call and wait for the guy that is from 1 hour from the hostel. Even worst, I read that this hostel had bed-bugs, but I didn´t care until I saw them. The staff help me and "take care" of the things, but I chaged Hostel.

I always get good rated hostel on Hostelworld, most the time they are a little bit expensive than the average. However, this time I tried to give a chance to a cheapest option. End up in a bad choice. When I arrived, there was not hot shower at all. I tried to keep the water running, but did not work. In addition, the gas for the hot water was inside the bathroom and that is dangerous because the carbon monoxide. Oh, the laundry was inside the bathroom as well. Resuming, it was only cheap.

Very helpful, informative staff. Clean, spacious private rooms. Definitely recommended.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

The hostel is located in a spectacular position - really close to the center (in walking distance) and on a really nice avenue filled with bars, pubs and restaurant, ranging from very nice to really unexpensive. The facility itself is in a well kept building, and it offers a really nice environment and atmosphere - it makes you feel at home right away. The small size makes it very quiet even in August and the several windows open on the quiet side of the road so there's no noise at all.

a very nice hostel, located at the end of a street full with restaurants and bars, very clean, very good value for money

Hi guys! Everything fine, thanks a lot! I´ll come again some time! :) Greets, Ede

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Austria

The hostel is very good located, the manager even if he´s not there all the time he´s always available. The only thing i did not like was breakfast. It was include in the price but in fact there were not things to eat, there were only some cereal and some tea and coffee,no milk, no bread....

• 30th Jul 2014