Maxim Hostel Reviews

Raday utca 34, Budapest, Hungary

Great little hostel on the Pest side of the Danube. Both the owner and his assistant speak fluent English and will show you where to find pubs, free pub crawls, free walking tours, etc. Great advice. If you like to go clubbing, they had wristbands for free admission to one of the clubs downtown. The dorm was great, I really liked the loft.

Super friendly staff and overall a great place to stay. Only bad thing was the extreme heat in the dorm at night.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

For a hostel, and I've stayed at a few, this one was clean, convenient, and secure. What more could you want!

Super nice atmosphere , really good price.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Super choice!

Very nice people, very chill atmosphere. Come here if you want a cozy hostel. I met some good people here.

Maxim is not a hostel. It is simply an apartment we rent rooms. The rooms are a reasonable size, but the beds and mattresses are very bad. I slept in a double bed sheet which had more than 4 spots. The bathroom is very bad, has a window that gives direct to the staff room and only a semi-transparent curtain in in the window, that is, you see just about everything.Also the shower curtain is completely disgusting, has a musty smell and is unclean.

There should be a seperate bathroom!!!!

Staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful. Location was great - right at the start of one of the main streets in the city. The bedrooms were nicely set out, and there was a warm cozy atmosphere. Thanks guys!

Great hostel! Cool guy working there! Free Use of the Washing Mashine!!!

Value for money, near the centre, nice staff

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

If you dont look for 4 stárs hotel ,but acomodation in real surounding -this is the place. Perfect location ,on the edge b etwine turistick atraction and real Budapest. Thanks George for your care. Michal

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Really great little hostel not far from both Buda and Pest sides of the city. On arrival we were greeted by George who was really friendly and helpful, giving us a map and pointing out must see landmarks, buildings and telling us where the best pubs were! Our room was really cool, with 2 beds on the floor and 2 on a wooden flooring about 6 feet in the air. It felt a bit like a pirate ship. Only issue with our stay was that the beds were really uncomfy but would definitely stay again.

Recommand the hostel to anyone that like value for money, its old but clean and the best feature about the place is the owner george :-D he is super nice and so helpful about everything.you can use anything in the place so it felt like home.

• 4th Oct 2014

The place it is not a Hostel, it is an apartment with 3 rooms, 1 WC and one WC-shower. The location is really good, but they send the front door password at our e-mail one day before. The staff is good and nice, there is no reception and if we need something, we have to call and wait for the guy that is from 1 hour from the hostel. Even worst, I read that this hostel had bed-bugs, but I didn´t care until I saw them. The staff help me and "take care" of the things, but I chaged Hostel.

I always get good rated hostel on Hostelworld, most the time they are a little bit expensive than the average. However, this time I tried to give a chance to a cheapest option. End up in a bad choice. When I arrived, there was not hot shower at all. I tried to keep the water running, but did not work. In addition, the gas for the hot water was inside the bathroom and that is dangerous because the carbon monoxide. Oh, the laundry was inside the bathroom as well. Resuming, it was only cheap.

Very helpful, informative staff. Clean, spacious private rooms. Definitely recommended.

• 7th Sep 2014