Maxim Hostel Reviews

Raday utca 34, Budapest, Hungary

Although the location and price were great, the issues we had checking in let this hostel down. The self check in system is fine as our train was late and we arrived at 9pm. However it took us an hour of trying to get hold of the owner to find our beds. The second dorm room had a sign on it saying private and I had to wake people up to find our beds eventually. Some very small changes would make this hostel a much better stay.

It was really nice memory I've stayed there!George is so heipful and treat me as a good friend n we had wine together:) The facility is perfect!We can use well-cleaned kitchen,washing machine,bath tab and so on.And each beds are not close so it's really comfortable.Everywhere I wanted to visit is near from this place.I highly recommend it!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Japan

it a perfect place to be in Budapest and ot discover the city. but also to meet the right people!

we had a great stay in maxim hostel. George was easygoing and helpful.. it was so nice that we extended our stay from 3 days to a week. keep up the good work. My and Cosmin

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

Great place to stay, you have a good kitchen and facilities to feel at home. the place is safe and George (people in charge) is really helpful making sure everything is OK, the hostel is close to trams 4/6 and the price is reallly cheap. I will recommend it!

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Mexico

I amazingly have no complaints for this hostel considering how much of a steal it is. Very cheap, lots of room to store your things, bedding and linen included, full kitchen, two bathrooms (with one shower), very interesting building with cool courtyard, and last but not least, it's at the end of the Raday utca which is a great shopping street with lots of bars and restaurants! The owner, George, is very kind and will honestly do whatever he can to make your stay as lovely as possible!

This is a good hostel and it's really cheap. The locations is good and close to stations. The boss George is really nice and helpfull!

• 19th Mar 2014

Awesome! Supercentral (Raday utca is a fashion cool street ), clean and huge apartment with nice rooms, friendly people, big kitchen well full-equiped, nice bathroom with washing machine, another service toilet, computer position and wi-fi (You are allowed to print for free, not a full book like I did XD), breakfast included (milk, juice, cereal, all day coffee&tea, bread) and all this for just 3 euro per night! George, the owner, is very funny and a friendly, thanks George I really enjoy here!

where I was, accommodation is a phenomenal boss George is phenomenal, relaxed and honest, it is recommended to all

The hostel is in the center and quiet and good atmosphere. The owner is really friendly with his guests. You will like the experience

The best hostel I have ever been. Nice owner, really good accessibility to everything in the city. Very well equipited kitchen, really low prices. Very clean. Everything just perfect!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Poland

It's a nice place to stay, cheap and fairly spacious. Most important is the staff, which is truly outstanding. George is friendly and helpful, and works very hard to keep the place running and please his customers. He was extremely accommodating, and provided great customer service by providing me another place to stay when I brought up a cleanliness concern, which he also began resolving right away. My stay had a couple issues, but George went above and beyond making it right.

Very nice.

George, the owner, was great. He sent me those SF instructions how to get to the hostel, enter it and complete the booking, although he was never there. My GF and I stayed for just one night in a two bed private, which had a TV - a nice surprise. Although it is not the best looking hostel (an apartment turned into a hostel?), the rooms are satisfying and the bathroom is big, although people tend to use the hot water from the boiler so we had only cold left. Close to Nepliget bus station.

Everything you need is there, oven is broken though. I booked the dorm but i got a private room, so very satisfied with the room for the money.

Home-like. If you are interested to get a glimpse into the life of people in Soviet block that's the right place. The place has that atmosphere. Location is very convenient. It's on restaurant walking-street. Inexpensive Chinese buffet nearby. Spectacular Applied Arts Museum is couple blocks away. Central market (touristic but beautiful) is nearby. Real bathroom (with bathtub), free laundry!

The staff of Maxim Hostel (George) was very Kind and friendly. I recommend this hostel to others.

Very cosy place with great owner, George is a cool guy willing to help with everything. Always have a good piece of advice.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

Awesome hostel! The hospitality and kindness of George is unbelievable! He goes above and beyond his duty to make your stay as nice as possible! Had two nights booked and needed a bed the third night but was all booked so he gave us the keys to another of his apartments, even came on the tram and walked us to the apartment so we knew where it was! If your travelling to Budapest and want advice on the city, things to do and a place you can practically make your home I HIGHLY recommend this hostel

We were worried that at a such low price point how will the hostel turn out to be. But boy, did George make our trip wonderful. The hostel came at a price of 3-5 Euro per night and at its perfect location in Raday Utca (Near metro / tram stops) and so many amazing eateries around, we had an amazing time in this place. Although the atmosphere is not like a hostel, it has all the facilities - dorms, pvt rooms, lockers, wifi, breakfast, kitchen, maps and an amazing owner in the form on George