May Flowers Hostel Reviews

C/Enmedio 16, Cordoba, Spain

This hostel is very pretty and nicely decorated. It has a really peaceful atmosphere and is very close to the Alcazar and mosque/ cathedral. Not really conducive to meeting people, but would still recommend as the overall experience was still great.

May Flowers Hotel has an incredible manager! Maria Jose is really kind and nice person, she makes everybody feels like at home! She finds always a way to help you! Staying at this hostel was a good experience and I definitely recommend it.

The overall experience is really good. Hostel looks amazing! It's really beautiful and located just between one of the main streets and old town. So easy to get there and close to all the most important sights. The staff was also very helpful. Breakfast coul be a little bit better (bigger choice), but I would definitely recommend the hostel to others, especially thanks to its magical atmosphere. Our only problem was a hard-snoring roommate, but that's the charm or dorms in hostels i guess :)

Very close to the alcazar and cathedral. Friendly staff. Very nice and tidy, probably more suited to families and couples, doesn't really have the vibe for meeting younger travellers although we did meet a few being Semana Santa. Kitchen only consists of microwave, jug, fridge and toaster so hard to cook your own meals

This hostel was beautiful, It was a very warm, kind, and calm environment. The staff was very friendly and walk me to my room. We got clean towels every day and the free breakfast was very nice and convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

The Mayflowers is one of my favorite places to stay so far. It had a friendly and calm environment, making it a great place for people of all ages. The staff were very nice and really helpful in providing maps, directions, sight seeing suggestions and the hostel itself was lovely and clean and had several nice places to sit and chat or read or sunbathe. I would suggest it for anyone!

• 1st Apr 2015

Probably the single most beautiful hostel I have ever stayed in. Highly recommend this place. Worth every cent.

This hostel is pretty and well located (though I found it a bit hard to find). The breakfast, served in a nice courtyard, is good and the rooms are really pleasant.

Beautiful white Spanish villa, in the typical Alandalusian style. Very good southern Spanish experience. The only down side was the poor wifi connection. Furthermore, there are no signs saying "May Flower" hostel, so you must press the door bell. You can recognise it by the pretty pink flowers on the windows.

• 19th Mar 2015

I'm not sure how this hostel manages to keep everything so clean and white! Its more like a B&B experience. It's family-owned business which obviously takes pride in its presentation. We stayed in the private room/double bed. The bathroom was huge with marble tiles. The centre patio was relaxing, nice place to read or help yourself to the kitchen facilities. Breakfast was simple but great with bread, spreads, juice, tea & coffee. I hope the owners keep up this excellent quality.

Nice hostel with a lovely courtyard and roof terrace. Very friendly staff who were always available, and the location is excellent (

• 14th Mar 2015

Even though it was just for one night, I thoroughly enjoyed it. A nice friendly greeting when I arrived to a friendly goodbye when I left. The hostess was so kind and informed me on what I wanted to know. The breakfast was fantastic.

Wonderful atmosphere! So clean and very well run by a wonderful staff. Great breakfast in the morning and very secure doors with several locks. Great quiet place to relax and very close to the main tourist sites.

I stayed two days. Everything was fine. It has clean room, unlimited breakfast, clean room, locker and kind steps. I satisfied almost everything. It was my first time to stay in hostel. I recommend this hostel to you.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Really great spot!! The owner was super sweet and made time for me, was very patient with my lack of Spanish. Room ws super clean, nice facilities. Breakfast was simple but good. Very short walk to the Mezquita and other popular attractions, as well as restaurants. Would absolutely stay here again!!

This place is absolutely stunning and great location

Great location, great building, very clean. good breakfast. The hostel is on a quiet road just 2 minutes walk from the Alcazar. Exceptionally friendly staff who give you a comprehensive list of all the attractions and also where to go for free entry and also offer good tips and general travelling advice.

Best hostel I stayed at in Spain! The location was very safe and close to everything. Loved all the white, it made the place seem so clean. The breakfast was included and was very nice and fresh! The rooms were cozy and the bathrooms were so clean and awesome.

My stay at the Mayflower Hostel was great! The warm-hearted staff (three siblings) let me feel immediately like home. They gave many good recommendations and hints regarding things to do in Córdoba.The rooms were very clean and modern. Super central. All in all: a fantastic stay! :)

• 30th Jan 2015

This was a great hostel with a relaxed and clean feel. We received breakfast for free and were treated like family by the owners/operators of the hostel. Not a party hostel, but it's not trying to be. Great place to recharge your batteries and enjoy all that Córdoba has to offer :)