Maya Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Jl. Mataram No. 29B, Kuta, Indonesia

Great location. Minutes away from the main party street and a good walk through a market to the beach. Friendly staff, ordered food for us for take out from other restaurants, cleaned our room everyday. Would highly recommend staying here!

Was a lovely room. It's close to the main action but far enough away to be quiet. Would defiantly stay here again.

We very much recommend this place. It's located at a street which is not touristy so you have many many cheap nice restaurant options very close. Ask the helpful stuff. It's good to rent a scooter then you just have 5 min to the beach. To walk it takes around 20 min. The rooms are beautiful and clean. I dont think you find a better option for that nice price.

This hostel seemed to have never received our hostelworld reservation when we arrived. However, Maya Guesthouse did an amazing job finding us another place to stay free of additional charge. The staff here are always smiling and eager to help in any way they can. They loaned us dvds to watch in our room, provided breakfast, and even helped find us food to order in the evening. Highly recommended place to stay. 15 min walk from the beach. 5 min walk from the main street.

Amazing place;)!!! Soooo clean, so new, beautiful rooms, great location - just 10m to the centre and 15m to the beach. Staff was grear, very helpful and with good english! Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maya's guesthouse was great! Was a little concerned about the alleyway location late at night, but turns out it's close to all the central necessities of Kuta as well as the beach! Lovely staff - Hero the security guy even took me on his moto to show me the beach late at night and to grab some food after arrived at midnight. Wonderful man! And the free banana pancakes breakfast was amazing!

Maya Guest House is a hidden gem. Great value for money, super breakfast and Bali culture on the way there. A note to those who whined about having to walk a long streeet to Maya: It's Bali, people. The walk to Maya is along vibrant street full of culure, shops, food stalls and real Balinese life. I loved it. The place itself is a wonderful alternative to a hostel -- en suite bathroom, multi-channel telly (The Simpsons, no less) and breakfast served in lovely surroundings. Just pennies more.

Generally good place to stay, value for money, with close proximity to the touristy areas. However, got our bookings mixed up a bit, gave us 2 double beds when i booked 3 singles, but made up for it the next day with an extra bed. Positive experience on the whole.

One of the best hostels in kuta!

• 12th Jun 2014

Close to the airport.

Maya is great value for money especially for backpackers on a tighter budget! Facilities were great (tv, drinking water available in the room, comfortable beds, air con, new furnishings etc. ) The only downside is that you have to walk a couple of hundred metres through a dark, secluded alley (Gang Mangga) from Jalan Legian to get back to Maya. Just take a taxi if it's too late in the night. It isn't too far but remember to agree on the price before hopping on so that you won't get fleeced.

This place could be really nice if they put in a little more effort. We had clean sheets on the bed but the bathroom area hasn't been cleaned for a while. Tell tale signs include toothpaste on the mirror, dirt on the tiles. It looked 'clean' but wasn't. Also, we were in room A1 and the hotel is so noisy. The staff forget that people are sleeping and are shouting and laughing at 6.30am - you woke me up. And then the bar is noisy as it's right outside. Couldn't sleep ever basically. Stay elsewhere

I cancelled that reservation,but have noticed that it was still charged to my credit card. Why was this? I did pay the extra for "cancellation insurance".

Hello, about the charged in your credit card, that was not from us. Even for the deposit, that went to Hostelworld, not to us. You cancelled your reservation through our email, not direct to Hostelworld, that's why Hostelworld still charge your credit card. I hope this is can answer your question. Thank you.

We had a good time here. The staff was amazing: sweet, fun, talkative, helping us out with everything. They offered to meet us at the perama office at the time of our departure after we had already checked out - driving our luggage so we didnt have to take it with us to the beach - free of charge. They are such nice people, and you can totally trust them. We had a great night with them too - drinking a few beers telling stories til 4 at night. We will miss them. Love, Anna and Alexander

We also had a great time with you guys. You both are the nicest guests in others nicest guests we ever met. We are happy to host you here and hope to see you again someday at Maya. All of the staffs at Maya will miss you too.

- With staff who can recognize your face on their position at the entrance reception 24 hours, security is fine. - Cleanness is good. - Location is in the middle of a small long street. Ask your driver to drop you there if you are with heavy luggage. Not far from night clubs. 30 mins walk to beach. Nearby nice local restaurant "Malang" - Staff are really really helpful. They are patient and more than willing to give you information, bag lift, etc. - Overall very nice value for money.

*Just a Note - The CLOSEST BEACH (Kuta Beach) IS JUST 10-15 MINUTE WALK FROM US (LESS THAN 1KM). You maybe when to a different beach or took the long way :) We have maps of our area on the back of our business cards, for reference to our future guests. We very much appreciate hosting you Nuch and your nice friendly smile and comments. We appreciate all our guests! Thank you again. All the staff at: MAYA BALI - (Kuta)

Friendly and accommodating staff, nice modern rooms. However I don't think mine was cleaned before or during my stay. As other reviews have said, the location isn't the best. It doesn't sound like a long walk to Kuta beach but in the Balinese heat it really feels like it. Still good value for money.

I stayed there just one night but the staff was kind. The place is far from the main street Legian good for rest otherwise you need to rent a motorbike to go there or 15 minutes by walking.

Yummy breakfast

• 4th Apr 2014

Very helpfull and friendly staff! Clean room, drinking water in every room, good breakfast! As we have traveled through Bali, I could leave my backpack there without any problems and the staff always had good tips about the area when we came back to Kuta.

I really enjoyed my stay at Maya Guesthouse though it was unfortunately fully booked as we wanted to extend it. Though the very friendly staff helped us finding a new place. We could also book our boat to the Gili Islands there and you get a nice breakfast. The location is also not bad. You can walk about ten minutes to the shopping streets in Kuta and another few minutes to the beach. I would definetely come back here again!