Maya's Nest Reviews

C2 Flat 2038 Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, India

I stayed for one night in Maya's Nest when I had a 12 hours gap between two flights. As a single traveller arriving during the night, I was looking for a simple, safe place for a couple of hours good sleep near the airport. What I got was much more: I felt more like staying in a friend's apartment than a b&b. Beautifully decorated, well furnished rooms, fun chats with Maya and Asha. I recommend to organize a taxi from the airport through Maya or Asha so the driver does not try to trick you.

• 29th Sep 2014

Maya's Nest is a welcoming and professionally run facility. The location is near the airport, but not too near. You can go anywhere in the city using bus or metro. The place is clean and decorated with lovely paintings. The breakfast is excellent and air-conditioning, bathrooms etc. work very well. The hosts are very generous and welcoming, and you can meet travelers from many countries. In short, Maya's Nest is unbeatable.

• 1st Aug 2014

Maya's Nest was a very homely stay with Aisha and her daughter Maya. It's a real home stay, so you rent a room in their apartment, don't expect a hotel. You have a private room (except when you take the room with the shared bathroom). The neighborhood is very safe but it's far away from the city center. Of course, you really don't want to stay in Paharanj, so this is a good option. You are close to important malls, you can take the bus or take a tuktuk to the metro station.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Staying at Mayas nest was an absolute pleasure, Maya and Asha were wonderful hosts from the moment we arrived we felt so welcome and knew we had made a great choice. Our room was lovely with very comfortable beds and spotlessly clean attached bathroom. we felt very well looked after and nothing was too much trouble. Each morning we were cooked a delicious breakfast that would rival most 5 star hotels. I would definitely recommend Mayas nest to anybody , you won't be disappointed.

• 15th May 2014

Thanks Thanks Thanks...its this spirit that keeps us going!!!

The main lady has a very harsh and abrupt personality that feels dominating and intimidating. I did not enjoy my interactions with her and felt she was rude, condescending and impatient. I think it may be attributed to cultural differences in communication, but if this place wants to continue to host non-Indians, I would soften the approach. Also, I felt very insecure with the airport pick-up service I paid for - the man never spoke to me and left me in the car unattended on a public road

• 2nd May 2014

Thank you for the feedback it helps us to understand human differences and how to cater to them differently. Can drivers get into a conversation driving unknown guests at night? Most reviews appreciate the safe pick up and we ensure safety. You were booked into a shared non air -con room just for the night, while we up graded you to an independent en-suite room. You climbed up the high table to switch on the air con manually as the remote was not provided to you. There fore you found us rude

Maya Nest's was a great landing point for an introduction to Delhi. Being greeted at the airport by her driver was essential and extremely reliable. After becoming more familiar with Delhi we were a bit farther than we would have liked. Maya was very knowledgeable and her home was clean, welcoming and safe.

View all New Delhi Bed and Breakfasts