Maya village Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Jl. Mataram No. 29, Kuta, Indonesia

Got a private room which was very clean with a very spacious bathroom. Laundry service and breakfast available here, friendly and attentive staff and only less than 10 min walk from Legian street. Great value for money, highly recommend this place as it is clean, convenient and has all basic necessities.

The hostel itself and staff members were very nice. However the location is extremely sketchy. Have to walk down a bunch of back alleys to get to any of the main roads, and we were overall very uncomfortable with the people who where in the alley ways. After a night we decided that it wasn't worth the stress and moved to a different hotel closer to the beach.

• 13th Aug 2015

Unfortunatly the hotel was booked out when we got there. But kindly they upgraded us to another hotel.

• 11th Aug 2015

This is only a short 15 min walk to the beach. 5 min walk to the bars and shopping district. Short taxi ride to airport. They have 4 choices for breakfast and they make and bring to you. There are additional choices for a price. The chef will also make dinner. The room was comfy. Needed another blanket but they didn't have one. The pillows suck though. Loved the place. Its clean and the staff was very nice. Wish they had small fridges in the rooms but overall very happy with the place.

we had booked a room for two adults at Maya, after staying there we extended our stay for two days more because we liked the hostel facilites, as well as friendly nature of all staff and cleanliness ... and the place is just 5 minutes away by walk from main legain road.. overall staying at Maya was a wonderful experience ..

Maya Village was a very lovely place to stay! Beautiful rooms with a gigantic tile shower, large TV, AC, FAST wifi (important), and nice staff. They helped me at 1am when my phone was stolen and let us use their phone and made us a new room key. Breakfast was great and included in the room price. The walk to Legian and the beach is a little farther than most, but we enjoyed the street we were on better than the noisy obnoxious club strip. Good cheap Balinese food nearby. Would stay again!

• 12th Jul 2015

Roosters woke us up at 3am. Staff is unhelpful. Room smelled like cigarette smoke. One street removed from the main action in kuta.

A short walk to the main streets in Kuta, and not too far from the beach. I had arranged an airport pickup that didn't show, and when I called the hostel they told me I just had to get a taxi instead. Good sized room, and patio area. Bathroom drains had a bad smell for the 3 nights I was there. I was also woken up at 12:30am by a member of staff entering my room by mistake- not nice when you're a lone traveler. All in all, not bad for the price.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Wales

A good place to stay if you are coming in late from the airport as it's about a 20min drive away. The area itself didn't seem to have much going on. Staff were very helpful with booking our transport to the gili Islands the next morning. Also gave us our free breakfast in the morning despite being very early.

The accommodations were totally fine. It was the staff that was poor. Unwilling to help, and seemed totally unknowledgeable about simple things like where the beach is, or how to get to Ubud. I wouldn't stay here again because of the staff. Otherwise it was fine.

The new rooms are beautiful, lovely and helpful staff, even offering me a lift to find a good place to get my phone fixed.

• 1st Jun 2015

Service was great, room was just what I wanted. Thank you!

The hotel is very good. A little bit far away from the beach but it doesn't matter if you rent a bike. We planned to stay there 2 nights and then look for something closer to the beach, but we found ourselves happy with the place and stayed there for the whole time. When you don't stay on the main street you get to experience more of everyday life of locals, get lower prices in the shops, less tourists and quieter atmosphere. Plus the staff and manager were vey attentive and helpful!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Russia

Because of The Construction site right next Door, our stay was not as pleasant, as it could have been. It was noisy, and killed The atmosphere. The staff however was very helpfull, when we where robbed right outside The hotel. They gave us a new key No fuzz and changed the lock in our closet immediately. Under other circumstances it would have been a nice place to stay.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

I love staffs here - they're lovely and enthusiastic to help us. The location of this guesthouse seems to be in the middle of a small market, so we can try many local food

Warm and welcoming staff, great use of amazing pool nearby. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would happily stay again.

• 1st Mar 2015