Maya village Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Jl. Mataram No. 29, Kuta, Indonesia

Staff was very helpful! Location was good, to be a little bit away from all the busy shops. Balinese owned property, which is good to support! Breakfast was delicious. Good location if your looking to party - which you are if your searching in Kuta. Great staff!

The bathroom needed a revamp. I didn't enjoy shower time :( the breakfast was ok. I didn't enjoy the walk from the main strip to the place. I wouldn't have felt safe doing it alone after a night out. It was just ok.

Loved staying at MAYA. Each room has a veranda where you can enjoy a nice free breakfast every morning. They also have an evening dinner menu and a lovely garden cafe. The burritos were great! The vibe is relaxing with a bamboo garden. Peaceful sanctuary from the fast pace of the bars a few blocks away. Room was comfortable, A/C plenty cold. Felt at home. Good staff and Wi Fi. It was so nice I extended my stay. Great deals on the local street out front. Legian Beach within walking distance.

Great stay here. The manager was exceptionally friendly and upgraded me to a better room, just because there was space there. Breakfast was simple, the room was clean and the location was a few minutes walk in to the centre. No complaints, would recommend.

• 26th Aug 2015

Got a private room which was very clean with a very spacious bathroom. Laundry service and breakfast available here, friendly and attentive staff and only less than 10 min walk from Legian street. Great value for money, highly recommend this place as it is clean, convenient and has all basic necessities.

The hostel itself and staff members were very nice. However the location is extremely sketchy. Have to walk down a bunch of back alleys to get to any of the main roads, and we were overall very uncomfortable with the people who where in the alley ways. After a night we decided that it wasn't worth the stress and moved to a different hotel closer to the beach.

• 13th Aug 2015

Unfortunatly the hotel was booked out when we got there. But kindly they upgraded us to another hotel.

• 11th Aug 2015

This is only a short 15 min walk to the beach. 5 min walk to the bars and shopping district. Short taxi ride to airport. They have 4 choices for breakfast and they make and bring to you. There are additional choices for a price. The chef will also make dinner. The room was comfy. Needed another blanket but they didn't have one. The pillows suck though. Loved the place. Its clean and the staff was very nice. Wish they had small fridges in the rooms but overall very happy with the place.

we had booked a room for two adults at Maya, after staying there we extended our stay for two days more because we liked the hostel facilites, as well as friendly nature of all staff and cleanliness ... and the place is just 5 minutes away by walk from main legain road.. overall staying at Maya was a wonderful experience ..

Maya Village was a very lovely place to stay! Beautiful rooms with a gigantic tile shower, large TV, AC, FAST wifi (important), and nice staff. They helped me at 1am when my phone was stolen and let us use their phone and made us a new room key. Breakfast was great and included in the room price. The walk to Legian and the beach is a little farther than most, but we enjoyed the street we were on better than the noisy obnoxious club strip. Good cheap Balinese food nearby. Would stay again!

• 12th Jul 2015

Roosters woke us up at 3am. Staff is unhelpful. Room smelled like cigarette smoke. One street removed from the main action in kuta.

A short walk to the main streets in Kuta, and not too far from the beach. I had arranged an airport pickup that didn't show, and when I called the hostel they told me I just had to get a taxi instead. Good sized room, and patio area. Bathroom drains had a bad smell for the 3 nights I was there. I was also woken up at 12:30am by a member of staff entering my room by mistake- not nice when you're a lone traveler. All in all, not bad for the price.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Wales

A good place to stay if you are coming in late from the airport as it's about a 20min drive away. The area itself didn't seem to have much going on. Staff were very helpful with booking our transport to the gili Islands the next morning. Also gave us our free breakfast in the morning despite being very early.

The accommodations were totally fine. It was the staff that was poor. Unwilling to help, and seemed totally unknowledgeable about simple things like where the beach is, or how to get to Ubud. I wouldn't stay here again because of the staff. Otherwise it was fine.

The new rooms are beautiful, lovely and helpful staff, even offering me a lift to find a good place to get my phone fixed.

• 1st Jun 2015

Service was great, room was just what I wanted. Thank you!