Maya village Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Jl. Mataram No. 29, Kuta, Indonesia

Maya Village was a very lovely place to stay! Beautiful rooms with a gigantic tile shower, large TV, AC, FAST wifi (important), and nice staff. They helped me at 1am when my phone was stolen and let us use their phone and made us a new room key. Breakfast was great and included in the room price. The walk to Legian and the beach is a little farther than most, but we enjoyed the street we were on better than the noisy obnoxious club strip. Good cheap Balinese food nearby. Would stay again!

• 12th Jul 2015

Roosters woke us up at 3am. Staff is unhelpful. Room smelled like cigarette smoke. One street removed from the main action in kuta.

A short walk to the main streets in Kuta, and not too far from the beach. I had arranged an airport pickup that didn't show, and when I called the hostel they told me I just had to get a taxi instead. Good sized room, and patio area. Bathroom drains had a bad smell for the 3 nights I was there. I was also woken up at 12:30am by a member of staff entering my room by mistake- not nice when you're a lone traveler. All in all, not bad for the price.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Wales

A good place to stay if you are coming in late from the airport as it's about a 20min drive away. The area itself didn't seem to have much going on. Staff were very helpful with booking our transport to the gili Islands the next morning. Also gave us our free breakfast in the morning despite being very early.

The accommodations were totally fine. It was the staff that was poor. Unwilling to help, and seemed totally unknowledgeable about simple things like where the beach is, or how to get to Ubud. I wouldn't stay here again because of the staff. Otherwise it was fine.

The new rooms are beautiful, lovely and helpful staff, even offering me a lift to find a good place to get my phone fixed.

• 1st Jun 2015

Service was great, room was just what I wanted. Thank you!

The hotel is very good. A little bit far away from the beach but it doesn't matter if you rent a bike. We planned to stay there 2 nights and then look for something closer to the beach, but we found ourselves happy with the place and stayed there for the whole time. When you don't stay on the main street you get to experience more of everyday life of locals, get lower prices in the shops, less tourists and quieter atmosphere. Plus the staff and manager were vey attentive and helpful!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Russia

Because of The Construction site right next Door, our stay was not as pleasant, as it could have been. It was noisy, and killed The atmosphere. The staff however was very helpfull, when we where robbed right outside The hotel. They gave us a new key No fuzz and changed the lock in our closet immediately. Under other circumstances it would have been a nice place to stay.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

I love staffs here - they're lovely and enthusiastic to help us. The location of this guesthouse seems to be in the middle of a small market, so we can try many local food

Warm and welcoming staff, great use of amazing pool nearby. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would happily stay again.

• 1st Mar 2015

I booked a 3 bed room but there were only 2 beds in the room. they placed a small bed on the floor when i complained. Not my expectation when i book a 3 bed room online.

Thanks again for coming! We very much appreciate hosting you. OK this is a great opportunity to clarify. Please to all incoming guests... IMPORTANT:PLEASE CLICK ON THE ROOM TYPE AND READ THE DESCRIPTION AS NOTED ON EACH ROOM TYPE. You will see that description for 3pax & 4pax is for 2 QUEEN BEDS in 1 room. We can also provide an extra single bed as needed for FREE. This is because this site does not have an option to write 2 double-bed room. Thank you again! :)

One of the better options in Kuta, hostel prices with hotel amenities. Staff are quite nice and the location is nearer to the beach.

Very nice to meet you and host you! We very much appreciate coming and for your kind words. Thank you for pointing our our location is within WALKING DISTANCE TO KUTA BEACH. IF you know the right way to go, it takes about 10-15 minutes to walk. Or if you have a motor-scooter, which we rent directly from our reception for $6 per day, it just takes just 3-5 minutes. Our staff appreciate hearing your kind words. We all do our best t o take care of our guests. Thank you again!

It is a good place if you are to spend a few nights near Kuta's center. The prices are very modest. The staff will help you if you need anything such as booking trips, directions, etc. There are currently doing some construction work over there, so it does get a bit noisy sometimes. Also, there was a funny coming from the bathroom, but nothing that can ruin your stay. Just a bit far from the beach, but free breakfast is always welcomed.

My friend and I both love this place very much. The staff were excellent! They always tried to help us on our requests and to all our inquiries. Strongly recommended and we will be staying with them again should we come back to Bali one day.

Thank you so much for coming! We loved hosting you as well. We're so happy for your kind words. Our staff really enjoy interacting with and helping our guests. Hurry up and come back! :) Thank you!

Good place, great people. The bathroom did smell bad, but that was only issue, u get what u pay for. Overall I was very happy for a backpacker experience and price.

• 9th Feb 2015

Gorgeous place to stay. We extended another night here. Wonderful staff, breakfast is yummy and rooms are perfect