Mayflower Hotel Reviews

975 Bush St, San Francisco, USA

We had a nice experience at Mayflower hotel we love the old fashion style and the clean room with very polite and helpful staff . We definitely be back !

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Romania

Thank you for a nice stay! Very friendly and accommodating.

• 20th Apr 2015

I liked the wooden floors but the guests staying in the room above ours kept dropping things. Of course we could hear this and after a while it was quite annoying. This happened after 10pm. The washbasin pedestal in the bathroom wobbled if you leaned against it. An accident waiting to happen? An odd smell permeated the air. I mentioned to my husband who said "it just smells old".

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Portugal
  • Couple, 41+

Staff provided us with a quiet room which we appreciated.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The Mayflower is an excellent stop as its value for money.The staff were helpful and accommodating every step of the way, the hotel is ideally located,the rooms were clean and spacious and the courtesy breakfast on offer was of a very good standard.The 'modern' generation might complain about the decor and wi-fi speed,but my daughter whose into all this hi-tech stuff made ample use of the facility and had no complaints.As the Americans would say GOOD 'JAAAB'!

• 24th Mar 2015

It was a good value for the price. Biggest complaint was the wifi was not good. I stayed there because I was trying to find a decent hotel rate in SF for a short business trip and most of the standard chains were priced through the roof this week. Everyone there was courteous and although the hotel was older it had character. If I was a tourist visiting San Fran on a budget, I would stay there again.

• 10th Feb 2015

Poor Breakfast and wifi. Great bed and spacious room.

• 7th Feb 2015

The staff were lovely, helpful and friendly and the bed was comfortable. However improvements could be made to the cleanliness of the room which had cobwebs hanging from ceilings and dust all around the beds. The breakfast was the most unhygienic I have ever tried so only tried this once, ie communal spreads for the toast, cling-film over orange juice (how long had this been in the jug?), bread was awful, and other items looked stale. Bedside lamp did not work, no tea/coffee facilities in room

• 20th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

The hotel was comfortable and the twin room was spacious with two double beds. Daytime reception was more welcoming than evening. My first impression was that it was a bit shabby and our room was very near noisy building renovation/ repairs being carried out in the hotel. We were not warned of this but we were offered a change of room for the following two nights but no compensation for the disturbed night. DON'T book through HOSTEL WORLD as you will find a hefty charge on your credit card bill!

• 6th Jan 2015

Do not book through hostel world if you want to save some money.

• 4th Dec 2014

Mayflower is within walking distance of a good selection of restaurants and all modes of transport. This added to the pleasure of our stay at this quaint hotel. Recommend small or medium car only for garaging.

• 14th Nov 2014

Thank you for the care provided during my stay

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Peru

Before I arrived, I was a little apprehensive about staying here but I have to say I was really impressed. The staff were very helpful and polite and the room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable. It was great value and I recommended this place to a few friends and even co-workers.

• 9th Nov 2014

It was a lovely hotel, and I particularly liked the staff at reception, who were always nice and helpful and very welcoming. The lobby was charming and actually nice to just hang out in, reading a book or chatting. The rooms were of good size and I enjoyed the walk-in closet. The only two points I regretted were that there was no hairdryer in the bathroom that I could find and that the breakfast was not very good. Try the crepe place down a couple of streets for breakfast is my advice.

• 8th Nov 2014