Mayflower Hotel Reviews

975 Bush St, San Francisco, USA

Do not book through hostel world if you want to save some money.

• 4th Dec 2014

Mayflower is within walking distance of a good selection of restaurants and all modes of transport. This added to the pleasure of our stay at this quaint hotel. Recommend small or medium car only for garaging.

• 14th Nov 2014

Thank you for the care provided during my stay

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Peru

It was a lovely hotel, and I particularly liked the staff at reception, who were always nice and helpful and very welcoming. The lobby was charming and actually nice to just hang out in, reading a book or chatting. The rooms were of good size and I enjoyed the walk-in closet. The only two points I regretted were that there was no hairdryer in the bathroom that I could find and that the breakfast was not very good. Try the crepe place down a couple of streets for breakfast is my advice.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

The hotel staff was very helpful and receptive and attended to us as soon as we arrived. The building is an older style townhouse but the room was updated with modern appliances and very clean.

• 17th Oct 2014

Breakfast was poor - a rugby scrum with paper plates! We only used it once.

• 16th Oct 2014

Large room with two walk in closets, microwave and fridge. Nice view from 6th floor. Could borrow adapter. Breakfast good for both American and European tourists. Food store beside the hotel.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

We enjoyed our 8-night stay at the Mayflower. It was a very personal experience with a quiet room and very comfortable beds. The hotel is 80 years old which shows in some places but it does have a charm and is certainly adequate for the leisure traveller. The breakfasts were included in the room rate and the hotel even made the effort to provide "gluten-free" bread for my wife. Mayflower is about a 5-block walk to Union Square. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• 8th Oct 2014

Great hotel, would definitely go again. Staff was great and so helpful! Breakfast was lovely too and the room was immense with a great view.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Nothing to say, unfortunately it's impossible to go to the parking with a van, so we had to pay $120 for 3 nights in a public parking. All about the hotel was great. We'll come back (if we rent for a basic car ^^)

• 24th Sep 2014

Good location and value for money. However, the place needs a good overhaul. The lobby is so pretty but someones attempts to paint murals looks very childish and amateurish and the walls would look better left plain. The bathrooms could do with being updated and perhaps some non-slip mats could be offered for the baths as I was afraid of slipping. The staff are the strong point, helpful and friendly.

• 22nd Sep 2014

loved the hotel I will be staying there again in december very nice great staff

The Mayflower Hotel was our first stop in the US and we were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice boutique hotel in the centre of the city at such a good price. We were travelling with 4 adults and 3 children and it couldn't have been a better start. The family grocer next door was also a great spot to shop for food

• 18th Sep 2014

The Breakfast is very limited and should be improved even if that increases the price a bit. Keeping the Hotel in a traditional older style is ok and quite charming but things like the Lift are very fiddly and limiting when getting in and out with suitcases. That said the price is pretty good for Location. The free Wi-Fi was useful and worked well. The Bed was very comfortable. The walk in wardrobe was very big and by lessening the size of that the Bathroom could be increased to a nicer size.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A very nice hotel. Helpful staff. Big room, nice bathroom, excellent breakfast. Car parking underneath for "compact" cars (very narrow entrance). No aircon in the room, but a big ceiling fan cooled us much more peacefully than the typically noisy USA aircon unit would! BUT the hotel knew nothing about the 15% deposit we had paid to Hostelworld when booking online. Therefore we paid £45 more than if we had booked directly with the hotel.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hester, Natalie and all the staff were very helpful, informative and kind. Celebrated my Birthday there and it was so nice that I might go back again! Certainly would recommend it! The old world charm added to my San Fracisco stay.

This hotel is not luxurious, but it had everything we required in a decent area for a terrific rate compared to other hotels in the area. The staff could not have been better. They allowed us to check in very early (10am) and were always ready to answer any questions and give advice. We had the windows open during the day, but closed them at night. The noise was not an issue. We were on the 6th floor facing Bush St. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was great...meat, cheese and eg

Great location. Friendly helpful staff. Excellent value for a hotel in San Fransisco. We would certainly stay again if ever back in San Fransisco.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

There is very little parking at the hotel, but you can park in a public garage overnight for $25.00. I pay $66.00 in NYC, so that was a bargain. I was worried about the fact that the hotel does not have air conditioning. Never having visited San Francisco before, I was not familiar with the weather, and didn't realize that it doesn't get very hot. The ceiling fan did the job nicely. Would happily stay here again!

• 12th Sep 2014

4 day stay, fantastic location with fantastic helpful staff. Rooms were clean and facilities perfect. Will definitely stay here on my next trip.

• 11th Sep 2014