Mayflower Hotel Reviews

975 Bush St, San Francisco, USA

It was a good value for the price. Biggest complaint was the wifi was not good. I stayed there because I was trying to find a decent hotel rate in SF for a short business trip and most of the standard chains were priced through the roof this week. Everyone there was courteous and although the hotel was older it had character. If I was a tourist visiting San Fran on a budget, I would stay there again.

• 10th Feb 2015

Poor Breakfast and wifi. Great bed and spacious room.

• 7th Feb 2015

The staff were lovely, helpful and friendly and the bed was comfortable. However improvements could be made to the cleanliness of the room which had cobwebs hanging from ceilings and dust all around the beds. The breakfast was the most unhygienic I have ever tried so only tried this once, ie communal spreads for the toast, cling-film over orange juice (how long had this been in the jug?), bread was awful, and other items looked stale. Bedside lamp did not work, no tea/coffee facilities in room

• 20th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

The hotel was comfortable and the twin room was spacious with two double beds. Daytime reception was more welcoming than evening. My first impression was that it was a bit shabby and our room was very near noisy building renovation/ repairs being carried out in the hotel. We were not warned of this but we were offered a change of room for the following two nights but no compensation for the disturbed night. DON'T book through HOSTEL WORLD as you will find a hefty charge on your credit card bill!

• 6th Jan 2015

Do not book through hostel world if you want to save some money.

• 4th Dec 2014

Mayflower is within walking distance of a good selection of restaurants and all modes of transport. This added to the pleasure of our stay at this quaint hotel. Recommend small or medium car only for garaging.

• 14th Nov 2014

Thank you for the care provided during my stay

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Peru

Before I arrived, I was a little apprehensive about staying here but I have to say I was really impressed. The staff were very helpful and polite and the room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable. It was great value and I recommended this place to a few friends and even co-workers.

• 9th Nov 2014

It was a lovely hotel, and I particularly liked the staff at reception, who were always nice and helpful and very welcoming. The lobby was charming and actually nice to just hang out in, reading a book or chatting. The rooms were of good size and I enjoyed the walk-in closet. The only two points I regretted were that there was no hairdryer in the bathroom that I could find and that the breakfast was not very good. Try the crepe place down a couple of streets for breakfast is my advice.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

The hotel staff was very helpful and receptive and attended to us as soon as we arrived. The building is an older style townhouse but the room was updated with modern appliances and very clean.

• 17th Oct 2014

Breakfast was poor - a rugby scrum with paper plates! We only used it once.

• 16th Oct 2014

Large room with two walk in closets, microwave and fridge. Nice view from 6th floor. Could borrow adapter. Breakfast good for both American and European tourists. Food store beside the hotel.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

We enjoyed our 8-night stay at the Mayflower. It was a very personal experience with a quiet room and very comfortable beds. The hotel is 80 years old which shows in some places but it does have a charm and is certainly adequate for the leisure traveller. The breakfasts were included in the room rate and the hotel even made the effort to provide "gluten-free" bread for my wife. Mayflower is about a 5-block walk to Union Square. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• 8th Oct 2014

Great hotel, would definitely go again. Staff was great and so helpful! Breakfast was lovely too and the room was immense with a great view.

• 2nd Oct 2014