Mayflower Hotel Reviews

975 Bush St, San Francisco, USA

It was a good value for the price. Biggest complaint was the wifi was not good. I stayed there because I was trying to find a decent hotel rate in SF for a short business trip and most of the standard chains were priced through the roof this week. Everyone there was courteous and although the hotel was older it had character. If I was a tourist visiting San Fran on a budget, I would stay there again.

• 10th Feb 2015

Poor Breakfast and wifi. Great bed and spacious room.

• 7th Feb 2015

The staff were lovely, helpful and friendly and the bed was comfortable. However improvements could be made to the cleanliness of the room which had cobwebs hanging from ceilings and dust all around the beds. The breakfast was the most unhygienic I have ever tried so only tried this once, ie communal spreads for the toast, cling-film over orange juice (how long had this been in the jug?), bread was awful, and other items looked stale. Bedside lamp did not work, no tea/coffee facilities in room

• 20th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

The hotel was comfortable and the twin room was spacious with two double beds. Daytime reception was more welcoming than evening. My first impression was that it was a bit shabby and our room was very near noisy building renovation/ repairs being carried out in the hotel. We were not warned of this but we were offered a change of room for the following two nights but no compensation for the disturbed night. DON'T book through HOSTEL WORLD as you will find a hefty charge on your credit card bill!

• 6th Jan 2015

Do not book through hostel world if you want to save some money.

• 4th Dec 2014

Mayflower is within walking distance of a good selection of restaurants and all modes of transport. This added to the pleasure of our stay at this quaint hotel. Recommend small or medium car only for garaging.

• 14th Nov 2014

Thank you for the care provided during my stay

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Peru

It was a lovely hotel, and I particularly liked the staff at reception, who were always nice and helpful and very welcoming. The lobby was charming and actually nice to just hang out in, reading a book or chatting. The rooms were of good size and I enjoyed the walk-in closet. The only two points I regretted were that there was no hairdryer in the bathroom that I could find and that the breakfast was not very good. Try the crepe place down a couple of streets for breakfast is my advice.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

The hotel staff was very helpful and receptive and attended to us as soon as we arrived. The building is an older style townhouse but the room was updated with modern appliances and very clean.

• 17th Oct 2014

Breakfast was poor - a rugby scrum with paper plates! We only used it once.

• 16th Oct 2014

Large room with two walk in closets, microwave and fridge. Nice view from 6th floor. Could borrow adapter. Breakfast good for both American and European tourists. Food store beside the hotel.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

We enjoyed our 8-night stay at the Mayflower. It was a very personal experience with a quiet room and very comfortable beds. The hotel is 80 years old which shows in some places but it does have a charm and is certainly adequate for the leisure traveller. The breakfasts were included in the room rate and the hotel even made the effort to provide "gluten-free" bread for my wife. Mayflower is about a 5-block walk to Union Square. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• 8th Oct 2014

Great hotel, would definitely go again. Staff was great and so helpful! Breakfast was lovely too and the room was immense with a great view.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Nothing to say, unfortunately it's impossible to go to the parking with a van, so we had to pay $120 for 3 nights in a public parking. All about the hotel was great. We'll come back (if we rent for a basic car ^^)

• 24th Sep 2014

Good location and value for money. However, the place needs a good overhaul. The lobby is so pretty but someones attempts to paint murals looks very childish and amateurish and the walls would look better left plain. The bathrooms could do with being updated and perhaps some non-slip mats could be offered for the baths as I was afraid of slipping. The staff are the strong point, helpful and friendly.

• 22nd Sep 2014

loved the hotel I will be staying there again in december very nice great staff

The Mayflower Hotel was our first stop in the US and we were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice boutique hotel in the centre of the city at such a good price. We were travelling with 4 adults and 3 children and it couldn't have been a better start. The family grocer next door was also a great spot to shop for food

• 18th Sep 2014

The Breakfast is very limited and should be improved even if that increases the price a bit. Keeping the Hotel in a traditional older style is ok and quite charming but things like the Lift are very fiddly and limiting when getting in and out with suitcases. That said the price is pretty good for Location. The free Wi-Fi was useful and worked well. The Bed was very comfortable. The walk in wardrobe was very big and by lessening the size of that the Bathroom could be increased to a nicer size.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A very nice hotel. Helpful staff. Big room, nice bathroom, excellent breakfast. Car parking underneath for "compact" cars (very narrow entrance). No aircon in the room, but a big ceiling fan cooled us much more peacefully than the typically noisy USA aircon unit would! BUT the hotel knew nothing about the 15% deposit we had paid to Hostelworld when booking online. Therefore we paid £45 more than if we had booked directly with the hotel.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hester, Natalie and all the staff were very helpful, informative and kind. Celebrated my Birthday there and it was so nice that I might go back again! Certainly would recommend it! The old world charm added to my San Fracisco stay.

View all San Francisco Hotels