Mayflower Hotel Reviews

975 Bush St, San Francisco, USA

We appreciated being let in at 6am and offered breakfast after our 24 hour flight as well as storing our luggage while we went off to see the sights.

Had a great stay.

I have stayed with them twice now, and both times they have been helpful and accommodating.

• 27th Apr 2015

Thank you: For your prompt response to an email requesting a specific room location; for a minor repair of a closet light fixture; for having the room serviced at a requested time; for arranging shuttle transportation to the airport. The shower worked well but the hot water was too hot. I appreciated having a blanket on the bed instead of just a comforter as in many chain hotels.The print sheets were fun.Towels of good quality. Room baseboards and an exposed pipe were dusty; windows were dirty.

• 21st Apr 2015

We had a nice experience at Mayflower hotel we love the old fashion style and the clean room with very polite and helpful staff . We definitely be back !

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Romania

Thank you for a nice stay! Very friendly and accommodating.

• 20th Apr 2015

Loved the atmosphere & feel to the place. Beautiful murals painted on bedroom walls & throughout hotel. The entrance lobby is amazing + the old lifts add to the atmosphere. We stayed mid week when it was quieter but found we could hear other guests on the final night which was a Friday. Excellent breakfast; loved the choice of teas + fresh cakes. Great to find a hotel with a free car park although the entrance was rather tight for a medium sized car

• 7th Apr 2015

I liked the wooden floors but the guests staying in the room above ours kept dropping things. Of course we could hear this and after a while it was quite annoying. This happened after 10pm. The washbasin pedestal in the bathroom wobbled if you leaned against it. An accident waiting to happen? An odd smell permeated the air. I mentioned to my husband who said "it just smells old".

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Portugal
  • Couple, 41+

Staff provided us with a quiet room which we appreciated.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The Mayflower is an excellent stop as its value for money.The staff were helpful and accommodating every step of the way, the hotel is ideally located,the rooms were clean and spacious and the courtesy breakfast on offer was of a very good standard.The 'modern' generation might complain about the decor and wi-fi speed,but my daughter whose into all this hi-tech stuff made ample use of the facility and had no complaints.As the Americans would say GOOD 'JAAAB'!

• 24th Mar 2015

It was a good value for the price. Biggest complaint was the wifi was not good. I stayed there because I was trying to find a decent hotel rate in SF for a short business trip and most of the standard chains were priced through the roof this week. Everyone there was courteous and although the hotel was older it had character. If I was a tourist visiting San Fran on a budget, I would stay there again.

• 10th Feb 2015

Poor Breakfast and wifi. Great bed and spacious room.

• 7th Feb 2015

The staff were lovely, helpful and friendly and the bed was comfortable. However improvements could be made to the cleanliness of the room which had cobwebs hanging from ceilings and dust all around the beds. The breakfast was the most unhygienic I have ever tried so only tried this once, ie communal spreads for the toast, cling-film over orange juice (how long had this been in the jug?), bread was awful, and other items looked stale. Bedside lamp did not work, no tea/coffee facilities in room

• 20th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

The hotel was comfortable and the twin room was spacious with two double beds. Daytime reception was more welcoming than evening. My first impression was that it was a bit shabby and our room was very near noisy building renovation/ repairs being carried out in the hotel. We were not warned of this but we were offered a change of room for the following two nights but no compensation for the disturbed night. DON'T book through HOSTEL WORLD as you will find a hefty charge on your credit card bill!

• 6th Jan 2015

Do not book through hostel world if you want to save some money.

• 4th Dec 2014