Mayflower Hotel Reviews

975 Bush St, San Francisco, USA

Nice hotel, nice staff, excellent location. A good choice for vacationers. Our fire alarm went off twice (both while showering) and should be fixed immediately.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

As others have mentioned, it is an older hotel and the rooms are plain but clean with excellent free Wi-Fi in a very good location--a few blocks from shopping and two blocks to beautiful St. Katherine's Cathedral. The staff is excellent--I left my phone battery in the room and the maids found it and they are mailing it back to me free of charge.

• 29th May 2014

Generally great people who were willing to assist and provide information. Very quaint hotel with some old world charm but with modern additions. Wifi in room was about the only complaint...it was really poor in our rom...but this is nothing really when you can get connected in so many places throughout the city. Driveway to the carpark is super narrow but you are forewarned on this. We managed to squeeze our mustang (recent model) down and into the car park. Off street parking essential.

• 28th May 2014

It reminded us of a European Hotel and or a Bed and Breakfast.

• 20th May 2014

I love staying in this place. The one issue I had with the place previously was fixed this time. My only regret was that I couldn't stay longer. It's got a comfy old world SF feel, refurbished. Necessary amenities. I haven't really found that in any other hotel I've stayed in in SF.

• 19th May 2014

A great place to stay. Very large comfortable room, bed was fantastic! Superbly clean and a lovely quiet location. Sea not too far away. Staff pleasant and helpful. Breakfast included, which was lovely.

• 9th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Would greatly appreciate the hotel serving HOT breakfast. The carpet in the closet in our hotel room smelt of soaked urine!

• 2nd May 2014
  • Malaysia

never stayed at

• 2nd May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Whether you are pleased or disappointed depends on expectations. A location in the "heart of things" with great access to public transportaion" GREAT Old, quaint and vintage Hotel - GREAT Helpful front desk staff GREAT. Updated linens - NO Bring Fabreeze or you can buy some right next door at a welle stocked market. My favorite thing was those old timey elevators with the "cage" doors. Kid would love it.

• 26th Apr 2014

Safety deposit boxes in rooms would have been appreciated but not a big problem. Hotel is only a short walk (Uphill) from Powell street station so is ideal for getting the BART from the airport. Breakfast was good and an added bonus when trying to save money on a trip however get down there well before 9 as a lot of the food will be gone!

• 26th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Staff were super nice and helped us a lot. Nice little hotel, feels like home, although the wifi is a bit disappointing.

Individual no-frills property, well located offering good value for money.

• 9th Apr 2014

The Mayflower is a great place to stay with lots of charm. The room was very clean; the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again when visiting San Francisco.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The Mayflower was ok but I have issue with the 15 percent deposit that was not a booking fee according to the bill. The deposit was not recognized by the hotel. They said that it was a booking fee. I felt like I was cheated even though it was not a large amount. I will never book through Hostelworld again.

• 8th Apr 2014

Fantastic warm welcome from very friendly staff who looked after us for the whole stay. They even arranged an early breakfast when we had an early starting tour. Rooms were a good size with walk in closets, kitchenette etc. no safe in the room but everything else was perfect. Great hotel with good links for local shopping and transport for fishermans wharf.

• 6th Apr 2014

Very good value hotel in great SFO location ie. most areas are reachable on foot

• 6th Apr 2014

to get only an easy english breakfast was unusual for us. the only airconditioning was a ventilator

• 3rd Apr 2014