Mazzini 16 Downtown Reviews

via Mazzini 16, Pisa, Italy

Not a very clean place, very cold, and we slept in a room with a big machine that made a lot of noise all night, making it imposible to sleep. You had to shower over the toilet and sink and the place was very dirty. but atleast location was good.

I'm really like stayed there ,)) for sure I will back soon .))

This hotel was cute and we enjoyed our stay there. Bathrooms smell weird and are falling apart but just a design flaw. Other than that we have nothing negative to say about this hostel!

The staff cannot understand English very well , they give us double beds instead of twins beds which we have booked on internet. the room is not very comfortable and small with a tiny bathroom. We cannot access to wifi on upper floors so it is not user-friendly. The staff did not provide us any map for sightseeing.

Great location and friendly staff who upgraded our room to a private bathroom free of charge however the downfalls were paper thin walls and no kitchen (fine if you want to eat out all the time).

It was great hostel ever i've been. And the owner, he is very kind and funny. But the map on the hostelworld is incorrect. So if you would like to go mazzini, you will better use google map.

We didn't have a good experience in the hostel. The wifi didn't work in our room so we had to sit in the staircase but even there it was mediocre. The room was clean, but did not smell very good. We could not turn off the light in the bathroom and the water in the bathroom wasn't warm. In the morning, we simply didn't have running water in the room. The staff wasn't bad, but it was great either. Overall, we wouldn't recommend this hostel, unless you don't have any choice.

The place was affordable and the staff was very helpful. The room was spacious, however the shower was not what I was imagining. The toilet and the shower faucet are in a very small room with a sink and curtains to cover the toilet. There is no ventilation in there so it smells somewhat moldy. Apart from this, the hostel was fine.

GOOD - liked this place, great room, clean and comfortable with lots of space, staff were great especially with a late check in, good value for money BAD - no wifi in rooms, a little bit of noise from room above

Good service but the room is so small.

Friendly staff. Willing to help.

• 20th Aug 2013

Ok for the price

Massimo met us at the hostel, we were late but he was really friendly and welcomed us in. Our room was upgraded which was a lovely surprise. It was a great place and we enjoyed our night there. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

We loved the atmosphere and everything about the hostel. The only thing that could be improved was the shower.... it got the entire bathroom really wet and even the bedroom floor wet. Maybe you could post instructions on how to minimize the mess, or try to put in a shower curtain somehow.

We recommend it for the location!! Small room but the price is very cheap!

Raphael was really friendly. We only stayed for one night, but had an overall good experience.

We had a wonderful time at Mazzini 16 downtown! Raphael is a great host, we had the best day in Pisa! Thank you Raphael!

• 25th May 2013

It is a clean, nice, and newly redone hostile. I can see how some people complained about the service since the owner seems to run it and he is not on site. However, in our experience, we arrived, were buzzed in and told the key was in the door of our room and that he would be over soon. We, however, needed to go to bed early as we had an early flight to catch so we ended up calling a second time explaining that we needed to pay and he was there within 15 mins and was extremely friendly!

..... I'm so angry!!!!! I couldn't stay at there... Bcuz They said to me. I'm so sorry. We don't have room.... What happen?? I had to panic..

• 29th Sep 2012
  • South Korea

I booked a place at 'under the tower' on Saturday the 4th of August. When I arrived however, they did not let me in. I had to explain on the intercom that I had made a booking through hostelworld. They said they did not have the booking and that hostelworld had made a mistake. They still would not let me in so I couldn't even show them the booking. When I queried this, they just hung up and didn't answer the intercom again! So I had to stay somewhere else at last minute which was very difficult.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7