Me Mates Place Reviews

#1B4 street 90 Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Doesn't do what it says on the label. We were very disappointed. The pictures on hostelworld don't represent the room you will get. Zero natural light,bunks so close together that you have to climb over the head of the bed. We could hardly fit 4 people and bags in the dorm. Stay somewhere further south, closer to the action.

I would like to inform to future guests that our each room types are mentioned clearly about room descriptions and amenities on Hostelworld.com, and our room photos look as like as the photos displays on Hostolworld.com, the review owner disappointed because she expected the room with window while she booked the room without window as we label on Hostelworld.com. I would recommend the future guests, please kindly read the room description before booking to avoid writing bad review of my property because of own mistake.

I stayed in private room for 2 night room quite small . staff so friendly and helpful . location near Wat Phnom and river but far from travel places. restaurant in lobby quite expensive. however all is good nice to stay.

Thank you so much for taking your time to give our property the feedback. I would like to inform to future value guests that our private rooms look the same as the photos that we display on hostelworld.com, and you can decide before you book, and I also inform that our menu price range from $2-$5; how expensive $2-$5 of food is? Happy Hour Angkor Draft Beer only $0.50, and cocktail only $2. Thank you very much for taking your time to read my response.

Amazing amazing staff here. So friendly and helpful. We felt so welcome from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Perfect location for everything. Private rooms are plain but everything you need. And clean. THE BEST HOT SHOWER EVER. A perfect introduction to cambodia. We will definitely stay again.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. On behalf of Me Mates Place Hostel, I would like to personally thank for your consideration and we really appreciate for your cooperation. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments! Best regards, Ricky (Mr.)

A liitle bit far to the mekong streret area. Building is a little bit old but still convenient. Very friendly staff though.

Thank you very much for taking your time to give our property feedback, and I would like to inform to the value future guest that our property just ONLY ONE walk to the river front, please kindly check the our location on Hostelworld.com location direction. Thank you for taking your time to read the response.

Definitely the best hostel i stayed at in phnom penh. Great place to meet other travelers and only a short walk into the heart of the city for drinks, food, partying or whatever your after. The staff were fantastic, always smiling and happy to have a chat. The rooms are a little squishy but the huge beds and awsome a/c more than makes up for it. Next time I'm in phom pehn i will definetly go back to me mates place

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. On behalf of Me Mates Place, I would like to personally thank for your staying with us and we really appreciate for your cooperation. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at Me Mates Place once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Mediocre hostel with hardly any atmosphere. Staff are friendly but clueless at times. Toilets were clean but I did see a few cock roaches. Food is relatively inexpensive but restaurant is very basic with a very limited menu. Air conditioning was also weak. Larger rooms should have more than one air conditioner.

Thank you very for taking the time to write your review of our property. We really appreciate for your cooperation. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hostel cleanliness and services for future guests.

This hostel was suppose to pick us up from the airport. After waiting for half an hour we got a taxi to the hostel. When we mentioned to the staff about this they laughed at us. This was an incredibly bad introduction to this hostel. After being taken to our room it did NOT look like the pictures advertised online. The bathroom was disgusting and looked like it had never seen a mop. We checked out after 2 nightS and stayed in a much nicer hostel. I would NOT recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 28th Nov 2015

I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone. Even though they offer bus station and airport pick-ups, they don't deliver on that promise and then laugh and tell you it's your fault when you complain. The bathroom is FILTHY, I don't think the walls had ever seen a cloth and when I asked them to clean the floor they just brought a broom, not a mop! My towel was dirty and worst of all they gave me a bottom bunk bed one night and then I came back the next to find all my stuff moved for another person

Helpful staff.

Phenomenal hostel; a 5 minute walk from the main strip in Riverside, but far enough away to be quiet at night. The staff is VERY friendly, and took the time to learn our names and greet us throughout the day! Tuk Tuks are very well priced& they always have someone available to take you wherever you need to go. Very clean, and the food (and alcohol!) is solid and inexpensive! Free pool table in the lobby area, and good sound system for playing music while chillin! Highly recommend & will return!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. On behalf of Me Mates Place, I would like to personally thank for your consideration and we really appreciate for your cooperation. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments! Best regards, Ricky (Mr.)

Took us on a last minute booking. Not a very clean room, but friendly staff and GREAT food downstairs!