Me Mates Place Reviews

#1B4 street 90 Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice hostel, good location. Wifi doesn't reach top dorms and you may be fighting for a power point. Food was delicious! Helpful staff, I'd stay again.

Nice establishment, excellent value for money.

Clean bedding and towel included. Huge locker (luckily as the dorm door didn't lock). Excellent value for money at $2 a night, but don't expect the same rate if you pay at reception, they alter it depending on how busy it is. As mentioned in other reviews the staff are a bit over keen. Perhaps they need to learn to read the customer/ situation and not all jump in at once with 'where you from? What you doing?' Etc. Overall, great for the money

• 28th Sep 2014

What a wonderful hostel. Giant beds, big lockers, towels, and most importantly a really friendly and helpful staff. The guys at the front desk were funny and personable with us. The location is close to the main part of the city, but in a quiet street. Lovely!

Really great staff. Giant dorm beds and big lockers for your bag. Central location, good iced coffee. Win win win.

Helpful staff. Wide and comfortable bed. Nice AC room with attached bathrooms. Good location (not in the backpackers hub but close to many local restaurant, sundry shop...) pretty convenient. Value for its price

Enjoyed my stay at Me Mates Place so I have booked back in again. The staff are very good.

• 11th Sep 2014

The bathroom was really dirty. The staff tries so hard to always set you up with one of their tuk tuk drivers that it got really annoying and you could not feel comfortable once you were in the common area.

Good: Friendly staff, good place to meet people, located very close to the Wat Phnom hill, lots of places open even at night. Bathroom, acceptable, free (huge) lockers, big beds, good A/C. Bad: food is EXPENSIVE and not very good. Do not eat here.

I had a great 3 days in Siem Reap at Brian's place. Great hospitality from the staff, had a 6 bed dorm all to myself for the 3 days I was there and staff was always ready to help when I needed info. Also it did the mini tour of Angkor and it was fantastic ( 6 hours for $14 you cannot beat that that) thanks again Brian and if I pass through again I will definitely stay at your place! Highly recommend! Close to everything including pub street also

The staff is nice and very friendly. The dorm room are nice and clean! Bathroom also quite clean. And the locker is big! I am a satisfied customer.

The staff were extremely helpful and honest. When I checked out I didn't get my deposit back as I was in a rush and they sent it over to Siem Reap! The room was very clean and there's huge lockers to put your luggage in. Would definitely stay there again.

Sokmean at the front desk is very friendly and was helpful in figuring out my tuk-tuk ride course throughout the city. My single didn't have a window, and the room was average, but overall this place had a friendly atmosphere.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, always smiling! The room was basic and could be cleaner but overall I was satisfied.

The staff were really excellent, but the hostel lacked atmosphere and the location wasn't great. For $2 a night though I can't really complain. Bathroom was clean and the food wasn't bad.

This Hostel, along with Lovely Jubbly Hostel (The better option in my opinion) are apart of the same company, and are by far the best hostels in Phnom Penh, as well as being the cheapest.If you don't stay at either one of these places, you are really missing out.Prices to seem to heavily fluctuate for reasons unknown to me, and I must say that unless you pre-book, you will struggle to get a bed.

very nice hostel, very clean room, and nice staff.

Great rooms, massive beds, lockers for all your luggage is an awesome idea! Bit out of town for most of the bars but tuk tuks are cheap. Food at hostel was great!

Nice big lockers. Communal area could be better. Music is played too loud in the bar, you can sometimes hear it on the next floor.

Staff amazing and friendly. Room tidy and attractive. Just off the river front promenade and ten minute walk to nearby night market. Five minute walk to nearby Wat Phnom. Yummy street food in the area. Quiet in rooms. Good food and prices at hostel. Good wifi.