Me Mates Place Reviews

#1B4 street 90 Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

We were not made aware of the hostel being refurbished, the power drilling started at 7am. The wifi wasnt working we were told due to refurbishing works so we used next doors but only downstairs, not in your room. The only place to sit other than your room was outside the front door. There is a massive amount of mould above the shower even though there is a fan so no attempt has been made to clean it and much else really. Curtains didn't block any light. No discount offered & had to pay 10 bond?

• 13th May 2015

cheap, easy and safe. nice to have a hot shower, aircon, and a huge locker in the dorms.

Ended up staying in me mates place & now going back to stay a few more nights. I think the staff are the main reason why I'm going back, there all so welcoming & sociable. The beds & showers are nice. A few minor issues but all in all one of the best hostels I've stayed in & it's so cheap! Choi moai!

Nice beds in the dorms, clean rooms and bathrooms. Good value for money. Not much in the way of atmosphere though.

It was OK. But then its in Phnom Penh.

Me and boyfriend stayed here for 7nights, when we first arrived in Cambodia. It was a brilliant hostel for the price you pay, you really can't complain! It's not 5 star but your not paying top dollar? The staff are awesome, very friendly and helpful! Also, the tuk tuk driver was amazing, couldn't have asked for a better first week in Cambodia. Thanks to the guys at Me Mates Place☺️

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Wales

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hostel policies and services.

Double rooms ensuit, not all have windows so for the price you get no natural light. Staff and food are really good and it's round the corner from the river side and What Prohm. As a proper city guesthouse they do have cockroaches running around.

The staff is super friendly. The hostel is clean and there is nothing to complain about. We can definetly recommend it to everyone.

Not sure if the bed or towel was not so clean, we had some rashes on our back and hands. Hostel location was a bit further up from the happening area. Internet wasn't strong upstairs. overall ok given the price.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

BED BUGS!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I awoke in the room with my body covered in big red welts all over and found bed bugs crawling on the sheets. The welts hurt and itched for days! When asked for a refund, the hostel refused and instead said I should have came down during the night and requested a different room. Bed Bugs have to be exterminated and another room would not solve the problem. Very POOR customer service!! As I said...DO NOT STAY HERE....BED BUGS IN ALL ROOMS!!!

Very friendly and helpful staff! The breakfast (which is not included in the room fee) was delicious. The room, however, was nothing for claustrophobics as it didn't have any windows and was pretty gloomy.

I was stayed in dormitory room, and the dormitory room located at 4 floor, lighting also not really bright. Staff said there is wifi in dormitory room 4 floor, but there is no wifi inside dormitory room. You only can have wifi connection in the main room. Room was not really clean.., the woman staff was really nice. Location not really far from wat pnhom, u can walk, they have alot information about bus direct to bangkok or siem reap. They have little restorant in the main room.

Everything seemed okay until they ripped us off. Sold us ONE bus ticket for the price of THREE [we didn't know one bus ticket in Cambodia has 3 rip off sections on the ticket, so we assumed it was for 3 people) When checking out they pretended to lose the room key so they could keep the deposit. after a few minutes arguing the key magically appeared. Gave us our deposit back ($10) they gave us an "old" US note, which apparently isn't used anymore This place left a bad taste 3/10 CUNTS.

• 5th Dec 2014

Awful place, girlfriend was robbed just outside and the staff decided that neither of us could have our deposits back even though we only lost one key (in the theft). Then they tried to make us miss our bus, worst place I stayed in the whole of asia, steer clear.

The rooms haven't been very nice, bathroom wasn't cleaned. Value for money is ok, but you'll find nice hostels for less money. Unfortunately the staff was quite unfriendly, due to langue barriers (few english words) communication quite complicated. Nonetheless value for money ok.

Bit out of the way of the main sites but just a short moto away. There wasn't much of an atmosphere there during my 3 night visit with little opportunity to meet other travellers. Bed and air con were fine and had hot showers. Poorly lit hallways gave it a bit of a grim feel.