Me Mates Place Reviews

#1B4 street 90 Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The bathroom was really dirty. The staff tries so hard to always set you up with one of their tuk tuk drivers that it got really annoying and you could not feel comfortable once you were in the common area.

Good: Friendly staff, good place to meet people, located very close to the Wat Phnom hill, lots of places open even at night. Bathroom, acceptable, free (huge) lockers, big beds, good A/C. Bad: food is EXPENSIVE and not very good. Do not eat here.

I had a great 3 days in Siem Reap at Brian's place. Great hospitality from the staff, had a 6 bed dorm all to myself for the 3 days I was there and staff was always ready to help when I needed info. Also it did the mini tour of Angkor and it was fantastic ( 6 hours for $14 you cannot beat that that) thanks again Brian and if I pass through again I will definitely stay at your place! Highly recommend! Close to everything including pub street also

The staff is nice and very friendly. The dorm room are nice and clean! Bathroom also quite clean. And the locker is big! I am a satisfied customer.

The staff were extremely helpful and honest. When I checked out I didn't get my deposit back as I was in a rush and they sent it over to Siem Reap! The room was very clean and there's huge lockers to put your luggage in. Would definitely stay there again.

Sokmean at the front desk is very friendly and was helpful in figuring out my tuk-tuk ride course throughout the city. My single didn't have a window, and the room was average, but overall this place had a friendly atmosphere.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, always smiling! The room was basic and could be cleaner but overall I was satisfied.

The staff were really excellent, but the hostel lacked atmosphere and the location wasn't great. For $2 a night though I can't really complain. Bathroom was clean and the food wasn't bad.

This Hostel, along with Lovely Jubbly Hostel (The better option in my opinion) are apart of the same company, and are by far the best hostels in Phnom Penh, as well as being the cheapest.If you don't stay at either one of these places, you are really missing out.Prices to seem to heavily fluctuate for reasons unknown to me, and I must say that unless you pre-book, you will struggle to get a bed.

very nice hostel, very clean room, and nice staff.

Great rooms, massive beds, lockers for all your luggage is an awesome idea! Bit out of town for most of the bars but tuk tuks are cheap. Food at hostel was great!

Nice big lockers. Communal area could be better. Music is played too loud in the bar, you can sometimes hear it on the next floor.

Staff amazing and friendly. Room tidy and attractive. Just off the river front promenade and ten minute walk to nearby night market. Five minute walk to nearby Wat Phnom. Yummy street food in the area. Quiet in rooms. Good food and prices at hostel. Good wifi.

Our bathroom had a leaky water heater and when I told the staff the bathroom was filled with water they barely raised a cue of concern. I had trouble getting an extra towel to clean up this wet mess. The staff had trouble recommending places, and we did not use the bus services through the hostel because of how poorly the hostel was running.

Amazing roommates!!!! Staffs are really nice.

Hostel arranged free transport from the bus to the hostel. Staff are very eager to help with any problems. Most of the staff are uni students and want to practice their English so if you don't like sitting to chat with them, it's probably not for you but they are lovely and good fun. Dorms are simple but with good, big, secure storage for luggage/valuables. The food is a little pricey and portions aren't huge. For $2 a night, it was a great stay.

The hostel was great, the beds were the best iv stayed in in my 6 months ov travelling! Spacious and even the top bunk had plenty ov room to sit up! And the onsuite bathroom was spacious! I would defo recommend this place but dont give them your laundry take it down the road as they ripped me off with that!

Room is nice and clean and the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Loved the stay, would definitely choose it again if I had to come back.

Staff and place fantasic!

When we checked in we were shown to our room which still had the previous tenant's clothes on the floor and bed. He clearly hadn't checked out yet. We were told to wait five minutes while they 'cleaned'. It wasn't clean and dirty towel was left from the previous person. No apology either. Towels weren't changed while we were there. Staff a bit weird - always asking what you're doing tomorrow so they can sell you something. Location is crap - don't stay here. We couldn't wait to leave.