Me Mates Place Reviews

#1B4 street 90 Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Wifi stopped working although the staff did try to get it sorted. They gave us the password for the place next door but would only work downstairs

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. The food in the restaurant is fantastic and worth the money, but DO NOT do your laundry here. Having travelled Thailand, Laos and Vietnam, I have paid around 50p per kilo, however this place is charging $2.50- couldn't believe my ears when they told me! Stayed in a private room which was okay but very pricey for what you got- they also never cleaned the room whilst I was there for 3 nights. Staff are lovely though, would stay again!

Hot showers, cool rooms and large closet sized cage lockers big emough to store anything. Within good walking range of attractions and clubs. If you arrive at airport, walk left out of buillding past car gate. After the gate hang a right onto the sidewalk and go half way down to the bus stop. Bus # 3 will take you to the night market near the river for 1, 500 Cambodian (0.39 cents). Continue walking along the river on the right several blocks until you see a blue pumping station, hang a left.

We arrived at 7.00am and could check in at 9.00am. Tuk tuk driver are waiting for u and we get a good price for the killing fields when u even book bus tickets. Supermarket and restaurant around the corner. Close by the river!

I had reserved a room via hostelworld.com and received the confirmation email from the hostel. When I arrived i was informed that i had no room and that i could receive an extra bed in the dorm room for a $1 discount. It was 10am so I could not check in yet so i put my bags in storage and left to see the sights. Upon my return at 5pm I go to check in only to find out that I had no locker. They had forgot to inform me of that in the morning, if i knew i would have went somewhere else.

Friendly staff, clean I love this hostel.

convenient for city centre and staff were helpful when booking a minibus to sihnoukville. Only downside in the dorm room was that there was no individual bed lamp or shelf and though there were plenty of sockets to charge things none by individual beds so phone had to be left on the ground at own risk.

We booked in here and it was simple from start to finish. Comfy room, the only issue was that we were next to the smoking terrace on our level so our room smelt of smoke, also the blind blocks some light out but everyone smoking could see straight in. The shower was a bit moldy and only cold water came out. Other than that very helpful staff & happy to recommend.

Nice hostel, good location. Wifi doesn't reach top dorms and you may be fighting for a power point. Food was delicious! Helpful staff, I'd stay again.

Nice establishment, excellent value for money.

Clean bedding and towel included. Huge locker (luckily as the dorm door didn't lock). Excellent value for money at $2 a night, but don't expect the same rate if you pay at reception, they alter it depending on how busy it is. As mentioned in other reviews the staff are a bit over keen. Perhaps they need to learn to read the customer/ situation and not all jump in at once with 'where you from? What you doing?' Etc. Overall, great for the money

• 28th Sep 2014

What a wonderful hostel. Giant beds, big lockers, towels, and most importantly a really friendly and helpful staff. The guys at the front desk were funny and personable with us. The location is close to the main part of the city, but in a quiet street. Lovely!

Really great staff. Giant dorm beds and big lockers for your bag. Central location, good iced coffee. Win win win.

Helpful staff. Wide and comfortable bed. Nice AC room with attached bathrooms. Good location (not in the backpackers hub but close to many local restaurant, sundry shop...) pretty convenient. Value for its price

Enjoyed my stay at Me Mates Place so I have booked back in again. The staff are very good.

• 11th Sep 2014

The bathroom was really dirty. The staff tries so hard to always set you up with one of their tuk tuk drivers that it got really annoying and you could not feel comfortable once you were in the common area.

Good: Friendly staff, good place to meet people, located very close to the Wat Phnom hill, lots of places open even at night. Bathroom, acceptable, free (huge) lockers, big beds, good A/C. Bad: food is EXPENSIVE and not very good. Do not eat here.

I had a great 3 days in Siem Reap at Brian's place. Great hospitality from the staff, had a 6 bed dorm all to myself for the 3 days I was there and staff was always ready to help when I needed info. Also it did the mini tour of Angkor and it was fantastic ( 6 hours for $14 you cannot beat that that) thanks again Brian and if I pass through again I will definitely stay at your place! Highly recommend! Close to everything including pub street also

The staff is nice and very friendly. The dorm room are nice and clean! Bathroom also quite clean. And the locker is big! I am a satisfied customer.

The staff were extremely helpful and honest. When I checked out I didn't get my deposit back as I was in a rush and they sent it over to Siem Reap! The room was very clean and there's huge lockers to put your luggage in. Would definitely stay there again.