Me Mates Place Reviews

#1B4 street 90 Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The rooms haven't been very nice, bathroom wasn't cleaned. Value for money is ok, but you'll find nice hostels for less money. Unfortunately the staff was quite unfriendly, due to langue barriers (few english words) communication quite complicated. Nonetheless value for money ok.

Bit out of the way of the main sites but just a short moto away. There wasn't much of an atmosphere there during my 3 night visit with little opportunity to meet other travellers. Bed and air con were fine and had hot showers. Poorly lit hallways gave it a bit of a grim feel.

Not the best location but a 15minute walk to the Barbour which is full of good restaurants and bars. The hostel was ok, quite friendly staff. We asked to rent a motorbike, waited for more than an hour while they were trying to call. Didn't suceed and promised us that they would have one for us the next morning. Same procedure the next morning, was a bit annoyed so went to the hostel next door which had a bike for us within five minutes. After that the staff was rude. But nice and cheap place

A good basic hostel. Nothing special, but also nothing bad. The staff are very friendly, & the location is quite good. Tuk-tuks to any of the major attractions will set you back US$2-3. Be aware that not all of the rooms have windows, so if this bothers you ask for a room with a window, & pay a bit extra. Also, breakfast isn't included in the price, but the breakfast is relatively cheap & had good sized portions. But I hope they fix their coffee machine fast as the instant coffee is not good.

Wifi stopped working although the staff did try to get it sorted. They gave us the password for the place next door but would only work downstairs

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. The food in the restaurant is fantastic and worth the money, but DO NOT do your laundry here. Having travelled Thailand, Laos and Vietnam, I have paid around 50p per kilo, however this place is charging $2.50- couldn't believe my ears when they told me! Stayed in a private room which was okay but very pricey for what you got- they also never cleaned the room whilst I was there for 3 nights. Staff are lovely though, would stay again!

Hot showers, cool rooms and large closet sized cage lockers big emough to store anything. Within good walking range of attractions and clubs. If you arrive at airport, walk left out of buillding past car gate. After the gate hang a right onto the sidewalk and go half way down to the bus stop. Bus # 3 will take you to the night market near the river for 1, 500 Cambodian (0.39 cents). Continue walking along the river on the right several blocks until you see a blue pumping station, hang a left.

We arrived at 7.00am and could check in at 9.00am. Tuk tuk driver are waiting for u and we get a good price for the killing fields when u even book bus tickets. Supermarket and restaurant around the corner. Close by the river!

I had reserved a room via hostelworld.com and received the confirmation email from the hostel. When I arrived i was informed that i had no room and that i could receive an extra bed in the dorm room for a $1 discount. It was 10am so I could not check in yet so i put my bags in storage and left to see the sights. Upon my return at 5pm I go to check in only to find out that I had no locker. They had forgot to inform me of that in the morning, if i knew i would have went somewhere else.

Friendly staff, clean I love this hostel.

convenient for city centre and staff were helpful when booking a minibus to sihnoukville. Only downside in the dorm room was that there was no individual bed lamp or shelf and though there were plenty of sockets to charge things none by individual beds so phone had to be left on the ground at own risk.

It has a great location with many restaurants and bars near by. They gave us a giant room for the 2 of us, so we a lot of space with private bathroom as well. The only thing was the wifi signal wasn't very good inside the room.

We booked in here and it was simple from start to finish. Comfy room, the only issue was that we were next to the smoking terrace on our level so our room smelt of smoke, also the blind blocks some light out but everyone smoking could see straight in. The shower was a bit moldy and only cold water came out. Other than that very helpful staff & happy to recommend.

Nice hostel, good location. Wifi doesn't reach top dorms and you may be fighting for a power point. Food was delicious! Helpful staff, I'd stay again.

Arrived at 2 am, guy let us in and checked into nice rooms, big double bunk beds. Showers weren't that great or clean but the room was good. Served nice food and really friendly staff in the morning.

Nice establishment, excellent value for money.

Clean bedding and towel included. Huge locker (luckily as the dorm door didn't lock). Excellent value for money at $2 a night, but don't expect the same rate if you pay at reception, they alter it depending on how busy it is. As mentioned in other reviews the staff are a bit over keen. Perhaps they need to learn to read the customer/ situation and not all jump in at once with 'where you from? What you doing?' Etc. Overall, great for the money

• 28th Sep 2014

What a wonderful hostel. Giant beds, big lockers, towels, and most importantly a really friendly and helpful staff. The guys at the front desk were funny and personable with us. The location is close to the main part of the city, but in a quiet street. Lovely!

Really great staff. Giant dorm beds and big lockers for your bag. Central location, good iced coffee. Win win win.

Helpful staff. Wide and comfortable bed. Nice AC room with attached bathrooms. Good location (not in the backpackers hub but close to many local restaurant, sundry shop...) pretty convenient. Value for its price