Me Mates Place Reviews

#1B4 street 90 Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Double rooms ensuit, not all have windows so for the price you get no natural light. Staff and food are really good and it's round the corner from the river side and What Prohm. As a proper city guesthouse they do have cockroaches running around.

The staff is super friendly. The hostel is clean and there is nothing to complain about. We can definetly recommend it to everyone.

Not sure if the bed or towel was not so clean, we had some rashes on our back and hands. Hostel location was a bit further up from the happening area. Internet wasn't strong upstairs. overall ok given the price.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

BED BUGS!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I awoke in the room with my body covered in big red welts all over and found bed bugs crawling on the sheets. The welts hurt and itched for days! When asked for a refund, the hostel refused and instead said I should have came down during the night and requested a different room. Bed Bugs have to be exterminated and another room would not solve the problem. Very POOR customer service!! As I said...DO NOT STAY HERE....BED BUGS IN ALL ROOMS!!!

Very friendly and helpful staff! The breakfast (which is not included in the room fee) was delicious. The room, however, was nothing for claustrophobics as it didn't have any windows and was pretty gloomy.

I was stayed in dormitory room, and the dormitory room located at 4 floor, lighting also not really bright. Staff said there is wifi in dormitory room 4 floor, but there is no wifi inside dormitory room. You only can have wifi connection in the main room. Room was not really clean.., the woman staff was really nice. Location not really far from wat pnhom, u can walk, they have alot information about bus direct to bangkok or siem reap. They have little restorant in the main room.

Everything seemed okay until they ripped us off. Sold us ONE bus ticket for the price of THREE [we didn't know one bus ticket in Cambodia has 3 rip off sections on the ticket, so we assumed it was for 3 people) When checking out they pretended to lose the room key so they could keep the deposit. after a few minutes arguing the key magically appeared. Gave us our deposit back ($10) they gave us an "old" US note, which apparently isn't used anymore This place left a bad taste 3/10 CUNTS.

• 5th Dec 2014

Awful place, girlfriend was robbed just outside and the staff decided that neither of us could have our deposits back even though we only lost one key (in the theft). Then they tried to make us miss our bus, worst place I stayed in the whole of asia, steer clear.

The rooms haven't been very nice, bathroom wasn't cleaned. Value for money is ok, but you'll find nice hostels for less money. Unfortunately the staff was quite unfriendly, due to langue barriers (few english words) communication quite complicated. Nonetheless value for money ok.

Bit out of the way of the main sites but just a short moto away. There wasn't much of an atmosphere there during my 3 night visit with little opportunity to meet other travellers. Bed and air con were fine and had hot showers. Poorly lit hallways gave it a bit of a grim feel.

Not the best location but a 15minute walk to the Barbour which is full of good restaurants and bars. The hostel was ok, quite friendly staff. We asked to rent a motorbike, waited for more than an hour while they were trying to call. Didn't suceed and promised us that they would have one for us the next morning. Same procedure the next morning, was a bit annoyed so went to the hostel next door which had a bike for us within five minutes. After that the staff was rude. But nice and cheap place

A good basic hostel. Nothing special, but also nothing bad. The staff are very friendly, & the location is quite good. Tuk-tuks to any of the major attractions will set you back US$2-3. Be aware that not all of the rooms have windows, so if this bothers you ask for a room with a window, & pay a bit extra. Also, breakfast isn't included in the price, but the breakfast is relatively cheap & had good sized portions. But I hope they fix their coffee machine fast as the instant coffee is not good.

Wifi stopped working although the staff did try to get it sorted. They gave us the password for the place next door but would only work downstairs

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. The food in the restaurant is fantastic and worth the money, but DO NOT do your laundry here. Having travelled Thailand, Laos and Vietnam, I have paid around 50p per kilo, however this place is charging $2.50- couldn't believe my ears when they told me! Stayed in a private room which was okay but very pricey for what you got- they also never cleaned the room whilst I was there for 3 nights. Staff are lovely though, would stay again!

Hot showers, cool rooms and large closet sized cage lockers big emough to store anything. Within good walking range of attractions and clubs. If you arrive at airport, walk left out of buillding past car gate. After the gate hang a right onto the sidewalk and go half way down to the bus stop. Bus # 3 will take you to the night market near the river for 1, 500 Cambodian (0.39 cents). Continue walking along the river on the right several blocks until you see a blue pumping station, hang a left.

We arrived at 7.00am and could check in at 9.00am. Tuk tuk driver are waiting for u and we get a good price for the killing fields when u even book bus tickets. Supermarket and restaurant around the corner. Close by the river!

I had reserved a room via hostelworld.com and received the confirmation email from the hostel. When I arrived i was informed that i had no room and that i could receive an extra bed in the dorm room for a $1 discount. It was 10am so I could not check in yet so i put my bags in storage and left to see the sights. Upon my return at 5pm I go to check in only to find out that I had no locker. They had forgot to inform me of that in the morning, if i knew i would have went somewhere else.

Friendly staff, clean I love this hostel.

convenient for city centre and staff were helpful when booking a minibus to sihnoukville. Only downside in the dorm room was that there was no individual bed lamp or shelf and though there were plenty of sockets to charge things none by individual beds so phone had to be left on the ground at own risk.

It has a great location with many restaurants and bars near by. They gave us a giant room for the 2 of us, so we a lot of space with private bathroom as well. The only thing was the wifi signal wasn't very good inside the room.