Me Mates Villa Reviews

No. 21AB, Str. 184, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I stayed 3 nights and found the staff extremely helpful. They serve lovely meals at a good price and the bar closes at midnight so if you are in a dorm next to the bar you can still get plenty of sleep..the dorm doors seem to really keep out the noise anyway.

best hostel i ve stayed in south east asia. nice people there, top bar, delicious food. i ll come back for sure

we stayed at me mates villa just for one night but hostel seemed to be nice - very cool common area - cafe with tasty breakfasts, good range of beverages, strong wifi and they have darts and billboards there too! bed and towels were clean and crispy. but the night we stayed there was raining and ceiling get wet as well as the floor. so other than that we liked the hostel.

The place was okay, nothing spectacular and the price was good for what you paid for. They had lockers included in the bed rate and they had a pool table which I guess helped create a social and youthful vibe.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Friendliest staff one could hope for, good english and happy to help. Big secure lockers, cold ac and fan, comfortable beds. Great atmosphere, put on whatever music you like and listen to it in the communal areas.

• 9th Jul 2014

Excellent hostel for backpackers! Would definitely recommend it. Good staff, friendly and knowledgeable tuktuk drivers that work for the hostel, and overall a nice place to stay. Outdoor sitting area in the shade, pool table, bar, food and drinks :)

Good beds and clean dorms. Friendly staff although they are continually trying to sell you a tour

Great staff, great location. Loved our time here. Beds are big, too!

• 8th Jul 2014

Amazing hostel. Great bar and food is amazing if a little bit overpriced. Really helpful and fun staff, loved Charlie especially, he knew everyone's name and was always available to ask about anything. Very friendly atmosphere and good location, close to the royal palace and riverside. Had a great stay here

Great location, 5 mins walk to the palace and riverfront. As the reviews say, staff are great, they remember your name, helpful in offering to book activities and travel without being pushy. Food from the bar was a bit expensive.

The drains in the shared dorm were clogged with hair and the cleaners kept leaving it which was gross cleanliness wise especially when you'd be standing in dirty water while showering. Other than this I would say me mates is fab and I would return again as the front of house/bar staff are fabulous and we met really lovely people there.

Extremely friendly staff.. One of our group came down with the flu on the bus in and staff found a free bed for her to sleep in before our actual beds were ready. Common area was nice and restaurant had great, inexpensive food! (try the Chicken Caesar wrap!) Dorms were comfortable and a/c was great. Definitely would recommend for Phnom Penh.

Great value for money, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful! Loved the bar and out door area, really great place to hang out. I was in an all girl dorm and the bunk beds were nearly double size, rather than single which was great! I also thought the glass of iced water upon arrival was brilliant, just what I needed!

Had a nice stay. The staff were nice and friendly. The bar was a good place to meet other travellers.

Great hostel to stay at, a bit more laid back than others in Phnom Penh. Only complaint was I booked the hostel again at the end of the trip for two nights and they moved me to another hostel of theirs for one night. Didn't care as much for the other hostel but they did give me transport between the two.

Nice place, met good people to hang out with, good atmosphere for having a couple of beers in the bar with random people, not a party place but a pre-party place and a place to meet people! Great staff! No windows in the dorms :(

Good stay. Staff is Nice but poor english, dont really help (i asked to rent bicycle, no one knew...), good location, no real hang out area inside for when its hot or rainy. My first room was really noisy because the doors were creaking very loudly! Second room was better but no window. No soap in the shower, I kept putting little soap that were taken away when cleaning the washrooms. Restaurant is good but tourist price.

I only stayed for one night but liked the general feeling of the place. There was good food at the restaurant/bar outside. However, the rooms were right by that area so I could see it getting loud for light sleepers. What I liked most about this place was their HUGE beds - very roomy to stretch out. But the linens were very thin so it was a little chilly at night. The staff were friendly but English was a little limited. Good stay for its money. I would come here again.

Rooms are pretty average fare, big lockers and lots of charging points.Restaurant/bar is well used and a good place to meet people, but somewhat overpriced. Best thing about this place is the staff; personally attentive, eager to chat and keen to have a laugh with their guests. Well, all except one who decided I definitely had my bus time wrong and woke up the entire room at 630 trying to prove it (I didn't, and he didn't apologise). Would be a shame to let that overshadow the others' hard work.

I had a wonderful time at Me Mates Villa. The common area makes it really easy to meet people and the location is excellent. You can walk to the Royal Palace, temple, night market, etc. The staff are so helpful and speak English very well. Charlie is such a sweetheart and really helped me organize what I wanted to do in Phnom Penh. I would highly recommend staying here and will return if I go back to Phnom Penh!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6