Me Mates Villa Reviews

No. 21AB, Str. 184, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The hostel served its purpose (a place to rest for the night) but I wouldn't stay there again. The lack of a fan in the communal area made it unusable in the heat, so the guests congregated in the bar downstairs. Once it reached 10pm, the staff turned off the lights in the bar and left us sat in darkness. The place was also very dated and in need of refurbishment. You could say that you get what you pay for (only $5 for a room) but I'm used to getting an awful lot more for my money in Cambodia.

The staff was absolutely wonderful!!! Everyone was always smiling and trying to teach you a few words in Khmer. They have Tuk Tuk drivers as well who charge very fair prices. I really enjoyed my time in this hostel, it was very, very clean, spacious bathroom, and the food was very good (a bit more expensive than the Khmer restaurants in the surrounding streets). On top of this was the amazing staff! Very much recommended!

Nice little hostel tucked away yet still on the Main Street. Only thing bad to say really is the bunk beds in the dorms were very close together! Be nice to have lights and sockets by the bed, but that's a bonus more then anything. The food was tasty and reasonable for a hostel. All of the staff were so, so lovely! I cannot say enough how lovely and helpful they all were! Especially Suki! And the Tuktuk drivers used by the hostel were amazing too, really genuinely lovely guys.

Me Mates Hostel won us over immediately, when they allowed us to check-in at 6am, allowing us to sleep off, and refresh from an overnight bus. It was also very well located for the city centre. Our dorm was basic and scruffy, but overall we were pleased with our stay, and the staff were more than helpful when we had 'problems' with our onward journey

It's was a nice hostel quite but I think that's the time of year the staff are nice. Food is okay but I booked a bus though them and while I was waiting for it I missed it even though I was down stairs for when the told me at 11.30 when I then asked where it was they blamed me for missing it and said I should of told them I was waiting for a bus which I did and that its my fault I missed. They did book me another one but not happy to have waited over an hour and then be told it's my fault