Me Mates Villa Reviews

No. 21AB, Str. 184, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in at this price point. Really comfy beds, nice big lockers, really friendly staff, and a good restaurant/ bar too :)

The staff were pretty bad here. The wifi was constantly not working and they didn't seem to care. Weren't that helpful either. Some others in the room had bed bug bites the next morning. Get what you pay for. I would only go back for the cocktails which were pretty delish.

To say something positive: It's cheap. However, there was no atmosphere in the hostel, beds are very hard, the room was too small for 6 beds, poor lighting in the room, WiFi not working, power outages and the shower was broken. Location is okay, but there's better options out there.

A little bit hard to find if you are coming without air transfer service from the hostel, but quite a short distance from some of the major photograph-worthy attractions in the city. Guests are afforded a locker in their rooms, although the metal frame and locks can be quite noisy (making you think twice about opening and closing, as it might disrupt others). Staff are approachable and accommodating, and the tuk tuk driver that took me around the city was very friendly and excellent.

One of the worst hostels during my two month trip. I really found this hostel is quite poor. Unfriendly staff, they just don't care their customers. And staff not very good in English and they always ignore their customers. Everything is pricy. And they didn't change the bed sheet. As I requested to move to another bed, they didn't change the old one, just tidy up the bed. And no return money if you leave early. WiFi was good and good for having free pick up service though.

Staff were friendly and tried the best they could with their English. Atmosphere was non existent. I stayed here for 4 nights as I was waiting for a visa and got ill! I got absolutely mauled by bed bugs!! :( my arms and back are covered in swollen bites. (I know the difference between mozzies and bed bugs) They change the sheets but they hardly clean the room, under my bunk was balls of dust and dried up moulding fruit peel. You can definitely stay somewhere nicer for the same price or less!

Has the potential to be a really good place to meet people but for some reason the atmosphere wasn't right and it was very quiet and people very much kept themselves to themselves. Downside in the rooms; no individual light and even if you had the main room light on it didn't reach the bottom bunk so spent most of my stay using my torch. No sockets next to bed but there were loads of them at either end of the room. Pros - Big lockers and good food.

Like many people have said, great price for the room but terrible price for everything else. Just go here to sleep. As for everything else, go out and have fun.

Me Mates Villa is located in the perfect spot in the city centre with almost all sights in walking distance. A huge drawback is the fact that they charge you double the price for the dorm beds if you haven"t booked via hostelworld, so if you hadn't checked the prices beforehand you don't get the best price. Also, the staff was not always the most helpful and friendly and two of the dorms are right next to the bar, where they play loud (!) music all the time.

Good hostel, big beds. Rooms are cleaned every day. Good location near to the river and lots of good food options nearby. A bit lacking in atmosphere, maybe because our dorm was half empty.

Perfect hostel! Good wifi, free towels, big beds even in the dorm and really nice and relaxing staff. I can really recommend it. There is not much to complain about. Maybe that there was no window in the dorm and the music in the bar can be too loud at times. However, they turn it off at about 12pm. All in all, nice stay!

Good location with a great price!

Really really good stay, the only real faults are that although it's cheap for the accommodation, other things are inflated in price more so than other hostels. But I had a really good stay and would definitely go back, which in fact I am when I head back through to Siem Reap. One other thing to note is that it's a quiet hostel, which was perfect for me but it didn't have a massive social scene.

The Villa is good, clean enought, safe and value money.

The staff's English skills were really bad. They struggled to communicate bus schedules with multiple residents (I hung out in the restaurant for a while waiting for my flight and witnessed multiple interactions). Their 24 hour laundry service took 48 hours, which was an issue since I washed all my clothes except the outfit I was wearing. It was clean and the bathroom/shower was nice. The restaurant was decently priced and the food good, but their prices for tuk tuks and tours were high.

We had 2 nights in a 8 person dorm at Me Mates Villa and had a great stay. Very good value for money!! Decent sized dorm room with 2 bathrooms! great staff very helpful, good bar and restaurant - reasonable priced. free pool table outside also. location was great - 5min walk to the mekong river, palace and temples and 15min walk to night markets.

Hostel was dead but I guess that's the time of year. The rooms themselves were tiny! We had a 6 bed with only 4 of us in and it was difficult to menovour around each other. Some of the stay don't speak any English which is difficult when there's none around that do. The food is good and the services and trips they offer are good.

A really nice hostel with friendly staff, huge lockers for rucksacks and a good area outside for socialising

• 19th May 2015
  • Scotland

Good value for money.. Even though it was a very cheap place the staff was super cool and we were treated really well. Didnt like the area around the hostel, we didnt feel save walking around.. But maybe it is like that in whole Phnom Penh city. The beds were huge!!!

it sound stupid, but they stole my pyjama

« first « Prev 1 2 3