Me Mates Villa Reviews

No. 21AB, Str. 184, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice little hostel tucked away yet still on the Main Street. Only thing bad to say really is the bunk beds in the dorms were very close together! Be nice to have lights and sockets by the bed, but that's a bonus more then anything. The food was tasty and reasonable for a hostel. All of the staff were so, so lovely! I cannot say enough how lovely and helpful they all were! Especially Suki! And the Tuktuk drivers used by the hostel were amazing too, really genuinely lovely guys.

Me Mates Hostel won us over immediately, when they allowed us to check-in at 6am, allowing us to sleep off, and refresh from an overnight bus. It was also very well located for the city centre. Our dorm was basic and scruffy, but overall we were pleased with our stay, and the staff were more than helpful when we had 'problems' with our onward journey

It's was a nice hostel quite but I think that's the time of year the staff are nice. Food is okay but I booked a bus though them and while I was waiting for it I missed it even though I was down stairs for when the told me at 11.30 when I then asked where it was they blamed me for missing it and said I should of told them I was waiting for a bus which I did and that its my fault I missed. They did book me another one but not happy to have waited over an hour and then be told it's my fault

great hostel. be warned, the internet is less than useless in the rooms, and there are no power outlets available at the beds, so don't stay here if you need to charge things up.

We arrived here and we're told we must pay for an entire six bed dorm instead of 3 beds in a six bed dorm because of a fault in their booking system. The room was nice with large beds that were fairly comfortable. Food was offered here but it was a lot more expensive than in the town (10 minute walk). There was decent music played in the evenings in the hostel. We weren't impressed by the staff entering our room at 9am, without knocking and waking us up (trying to sell bus tickets to us).

One of the best hostels I've stayed in - thank you so much!! Organised pickup from the airport in a tuk tuk which was so smooth. The hostel has great facilities, right in the centre of PP very near the Royal Palace. The staff are so helpful and friendly. They have all the information on activities and excursions in the area to hand and will book them all for you for cheaper than most around. The food is good, as is the atmosphere, with good prices for drinks. Very clean and would stay again

Had a good time, nothing in particular to comment about. Not the most social hostel i've been at, but a good vibe nonetheless.

A pretty standard hostel that offers large aircond dorms. Staff don't have the best English but still try to be helpful. They booked our bus to Siem Reap no problem. No breakfast included but there's a nice and quite cheap restaurant that serves food all day. Happy hour has cheap beers too, and there's a pool table outside. I get what people mean about there being no atmosphere, but we were in a group of 7 so we were ok.

Really enjoyed the hostel. Staff were absolutely lovely and kind- fantastic! The hostel food is really good and they're really helpful in arranging tours etc. really enjoyed our stay here and the location is good too!

Friendly, clean and very helpful staff who organised everything for us like a day out the killing fields and Museum, a tuk tuk to the airport and laundry. One woman in particular always had a smile on her face and went above and beyond to make sure we were ok. Wasn't very sociablein terms of meeting other back packers but I think this is because it isn't peak season. We went to a sociable hostel down the road for drinks and met people there.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in at this price point. Really comfy beds, nice big lockers, really friendly staff, and a good restaurant/ bar too :)

The staff were pretty bad here. The wifi was constantly not working and they didn't seem to care. Weren't that helpful either. Some others in the room had bed bug bites the next morning. Get what you pay for. I would only go back for the cocktails which were pretty delish.

To say something positive: It's cheap. However, there was no atmosphere in the hostel, beds are very hard, the room was too small for 6 beds, poor lighting in the room, WiFi not working, power outages and the shower was broken. Location is okay, but there's better options out there.

A little bit hard to find if you are coming without air transfer service from the hostel, but quite a short distance from some of the major photograph-worthy attractions in the city. Guests are afforded a locker in their rooms, although the metal frame and locks can be quite noisy (making you think twice about opening and closing, as it might disrupt others). Staff are approachable and accommodating, and the tuk tuk driver that took me around the city was very friendly and excellent.

One of the worst hostels during my two month trip. I really found this hostel is quite poor. Unfriendly staff, they just don't care their customers. And staff not very good in English and they always ignore their customers. Everything is pricy. And they didn't change the bed sheet. As I requested to move to another bed, they didn't change the old one, just tidy up the bed. And no return money if you leave early. WiFi was good and good for having free pick up service though.

Staff were friendly and tried the best they could with their English. Atmosphere was non existent. I stayed here for 4 nights as I was waiting for a visa and got ill! I got absolutely mauled by bed bugs!! :( my arms and back are covered in swollen bites. (I know the difference between mozzies and bed bugs) They change the sheets but they hardly clean the room, under my bunk was balls of dust and dried up moulding fruit peel. You can definitely stay somewhere nicer for the same price or less!

Has the potential to be a really good place to meet people but for some reason the atmosphere wasn't right and it was very quiet and people very much kept themselves to themselves. Downside in the rooms; no individual light and even if you had the main room light on it didn't reach the bottom bunk so spent most of my stay using my torch. No sockets next to bed but there were loads of them at either end of the room. Pros - Big lockers and good food.

Like many people have said, great price for the room but terrible price for everything else. Just go here to sleep. As for everything else, go out and have fun.

Me Mates Villa is located in the perfect spot in the city centre with almost all sights in walking distance. A huge drawback is the fact that they charge you double the price for the dorm beds if you haven"t booked via hostelworld, so if you hadn't checked the prices beforehand you don't get the best price. Also, the staff was not always the most helpful and friendly and two of the dorms are right next to the bar, where they play loud (!) music all the time.

Good hostel, big beds. Rooms are cleaned every day. Good location near to the river and lots of good food options nearby. A bit lacking in atmosphere, maybe because our dorm was half empty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3