Me Mates Villa Reviews

No. 21AB, Str. 184, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

My sister and I had a very nice stay in that hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped us booking our bus journey to Siem Reap. A mini-van even picked us up from the hostel the morning we were going to the coach station. They also offer nice meals and drinks for a reasonable price and always served with a smile. The rooms were very clean, cleaned everyday. What's more, towels were available as well as big lockers. We would recommend it!

• 15th Dec 2014

Our dorm was on the ground floor and didn't have a window but the room and bathroom were spacious.

Really comfy beds, massive lockers for your valuables and for your whole backpack. Warm water showers! Phenomenal staff, really helpful. Great hostel for solo travellers, easy to find ppl to go check all the attractions with. I ended up hooking up few groups after I did my own, cause it was just too easy. Highly recommend this hostel. Excellent wifi as well.

Good hostel, clean, safe and friendly staff. Free pick up from bus stop which was very much appreciated. Organised tours and buses. Food is a pricey and small portions. One suggestion for the hostel is that they put up a whiteboard for the various trips they off. People can then write name down for each trip and join up share the trip and tuk tuk together. Worked a treat in other hostels

In the hostel they told me i only have bus to the next city at limited hours and for fixed price, try to book bus by yourself because its cheaper and you have much more options.

A good, inexpensive and well-located hostel on the whole. Beds are extremely close together and the dorm was a little cramped, particularly for people on the middle bunk in a row of 3 (room 201). Also, you don't get a plug socket, shelf or light by the bed, which is important to most people. Finally, the room door doesn't automatically lock and all our roommates failed to lock it when they went out, which was irratating. That said, security isn't a huge concern because the lockers are huge.

Great place to stay. TukTuk service available wherever you want to go through the hostel. Staff are very helpful with information and can book tours or other travel arrangements such as buses to other cities or countries. Restaurant and bar on site, price is fair. Nice hang out area inside and outside with pool table. Very cool people, easy to find someone to see the sites with. Dorm room is large with big beds, but not much privacy as they are all next to each other. Lockers provided.

Very friendly helpful staff. Double beds in dorms with great air con. Bathroom clean and food in the bar is very good! Nice outdoor seating area and tuk tuks and trips can be booked from reception. Would definitely recommend!

Me Mates Villa is my first guesthouse on my trip, and I have to say I'm happy it was the first one. Dormitories are fresh and clean, we have a good wifi, towels furnished, and so on. The staff is great, always happy to help. The food is good too. I didn't use the guesthouse tuk tuk, but they provide different tours for a reasonnable price. A good guesthouse.

• 18th Nov 2014

Itwas good 10-15 minute walk totheriverfront and the palast. The roomsarevery very small(6bed dorm) andwhen youare on the bottom bed there willbe no light for you.

Inconvenient/hard to find location. May be a hair closer to National Museum, but in opposite direction of daily conveniences. Noisy dorms, babies crying in apt.next door. Dogs barking, construction and water pipe noises early in AM. Tuk Tuk mafia embeded at MMV and all up in your business as soon as you get a few meters of the exit door. Paid $3 more by booking in advance. Stayed at 3 hostels in PP, MMV was the worst one. Staff easily gets an attitude if you present them withm a challenge.

Fantastic hostel! Located in a central location with spacious lockers and showers, nice rooms, and cool common area. Very professional booking for tuk tuk tours too which I like, saves you the trouble of determining whether you got ripped off or not.

Great location,very close to the royal palace and national museum. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was really nice. But the dorm is small and dark...And the toilet was broken in my dorm...

Stayed here for 1 night. It was just fine. Though the tuk2 didn't came on time to pick me up. So hired another tuk2 and cost me 3$. :( Room is not that big for dorm type. And the light at the bathroom was blinking from time to time. Have to commend the staffs - smiling and helpful. :) Near from the palace and museum, just 5-minute walk. :) Totality, it was an OK hostel. :)

Very clean, big lockers for our bags, locks included. Beds are close together and very dark on the bottom bunk; no lights or outlets on bottom bunks. Also, had a bit of difficulties with getting advice from staff. But again, if you're looking for a really clean place on a budget in Cambodia, this is it

This place had great reviews on hostelworld but honestly it was maybe just average. The rooms were cramped and a tad dingy. Weve stayed in better elsewhere. Value for money id say you get more at the gueshouses. The rooms here are cheap but you pay extra for everything, so doller for doller id say a guesthouse is a better bet. If youre travelling alone it might be worth it because of the atmosphere but I personally wouldnt do it again.

Good basic hostel for a quick 2 night stay. Great location and good lockers.

Very nice hostel.

• 5th Nov 2014

Great bunks and food but no common area as such so little atmosphere. Although in a good location it is hidden a little down an alleyway so a little difficult to find.

Great hostel! We stayed here a total of 4 separate times when coming back to and from Phnom Penh as our jumping off point. The hostel is very clean; beds made up and rooms cleaned daily. The staff are all very friendly and helpful (though a bit of a language barrier at times) We stayed twice in the downstairs mixed dorm which was kind of dingier than the upstairs female dorm and big dorm, but all the beds are big and actually quite comfortable. Food in the restaurant was great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5