Me Mates Villa Reviews

No. 21AB, Str. 184, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Vriendelijke staff en redelijke goede locatie.

Couldn't love my stay more at Me Mates Villa! Love the outside area with the pool table, it made it real easy to meet people at night as I was travelling alone while staying there. The bed is big and the hostel is clean. Toilets are super clean (for those who are particular like me). The staff were really friendly and made all my bookings so easy for me. Thank you very much everyone at Me Mates Villa! I had a great stay and would highly recommend you guys.

good location, staff has lots of suggestions for activities and helped with knowing how much to pay, security lockers in rooms and friendly bar area. Had a few issues with tuk tuk drivers who picked us up from airport - wanted more money despite us pre-arranging and fixing price with hostel prior to arrival.

This was a very comfortable place to stay in Phnom Penh. The 8 bed mixed dorm had large, comfortable beds with secure lockers (locks provided) and air conditioning. The cafe serves a relatively good value breakfast with nice smoothies. However, the cafe area music detracts from the atmosphere somewhat (they start playing clubbing music from about 4pm). The staff were fairly efficient, but the 2 of the 3 tuk tuk drivers that we engaged through the hostel were incredibly rude!

Lack of atmosphere due to loud, crappy music being played at all times and the bar feels awkward because there are too many staff watching you. Beds are super comfortable and the place was clean but don't expect an early night if your dorm is anywhere near the music!

My sister and I had a very nice stay in that hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped us booking our bus journey to Siem Reap. A mini-van even picked us up from the hostel the morning we were going to the coach station. They also offer nice meals and drinks for a reasonable price and always served with a smile. The rooms were very clean, cleaned everyday. What's more, towels were available as well as big lockers. We would recommend it!

Our dorm was on the ground floor and didn't have a window but the room and bathroom were spacious.

Really comfy beds, massive lockers for your valuables and for your whole backpack. Warm water showers! Phenomenal staff, really helpful. Great hostel for solo travellers, easy to find ppl to go check all the attractions with. I ended up hooking up few groups after I did my own, cause it was just too easy. Highly recommend this hostel. Excellent wifi as well.

Good hostel, clean, safe and friendly staff. Free pick up from bus stop which was very much appreciated. Organised tours and buses. Food is a pricey and small portions. One suggestion for the hostel is that they put up a whiteboard for the various trips they off. People can then write name down for each trip and join up share the trip and tuk tuk together. Worked a treat in other hostels

In the hostel they told me i only have bus to the next city at limited hours and for fixed price, try to book bus by yourself because its cheaper and you have much more options.

A good, inexpensive and well-located hostel on the whole. Beds are extremely close together and the dorm was a little cramped, particularly for people on the middle bunk in a row of 3 (room 201). Also, you don't get a plug socket, shelf or light by the bed, which is important to most people. Finally, the room door doesn't automatically lock and all our roommates failed to lock it when they went out, which was irratating. That said, security isn't a huge concern because the lockers are huge.

Great place to stay. TukTuk service available wherever you want to go through the hostel. Staff are very helpful with information and can book tours or other travel arrangements such as buses to other cities or countries. Restaurant and bar on site, price is fair. Nice hang out area inside and outside with pool table. Very cool people, easy to find someone to see the sites with. Dorm room is large with big beds, but not much privacy as they are all next to each other. Lockers provided.

Very friendly helpful staff. Double beds in dorms with great air con. Bathroom clean and food in the bar is very good! Nice outdoor seating area and tuk tuks and trips can be booked from reception. Would definitely recommend!

Me Mates Villa is my first guesthouse on my trip, and I have to say I'm happy it was the first one. Dormitories are fresh and clean, we have a good wifi, towels furnished, and so on. The staff is great, always happy to help. The food is good too. I didn't use the guesthouse tuk tuk, but they provide different tours for a reasonnable price. A good guesthouse.

• 18th Nov 2014

Itwas good 10-15 minute walk totheriverfront and the palast. The roomsarevery very small(6bed dorm) andwhen youare on the bottom bed there willbe no light for you.

Inconvenient/hard to find location. May be a hair closer to National Museum, but in opposite direction of daily conveniences. Noisy dorms, babies crying in apt.next door. Dogs barking, construction and water pipe noises early in AM. Tuk Tuk mafia embeded at MMV and all up in your business as soon as you get a few meters of the exit door. Paid $3 more by booking in advance. Stayed at 3 hostels in PP, MMV was the worst one. Staff easily gets an attitude if you present them withm a challenge.

Fantastic hostel! Located in a central location with spacious lockers and showers, nice rooms, and cool common area. Very professional booking for tuk tuk tours too which I like, saves you the trouble of determining whether you got ripped off or not.

Great location,very close to the royal palace and national museum. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was really nice. But the dorm is small and dark...And the toilet was broken in my dorm...

Stayed here for 1 night. It was just fine. Though the tuk2 didn't came on time to pick me up. So hired another tuk2 and cost me 3$. :( Room is not that big for dorm type. And the light at the bathroom was blinking from time to time. Have to commend the staffs - smiling and helpful. :) Near from the palace and museum, just 5-minute walk. :) Totality, it was an OK hostel. :)

Very clean, big lockers for our bags, locks included. Beds are close together and very dark on the bottom bunk; no lights or outlets on bottom bunks. Also, had a bit of difficulties with getting advice from staff. But again, if you're looking for a really clean place on a budget in Cambodia, this is it

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4