Meander Taipei Reviews

No. 163, Chengdu Road, Wanhua District, Taipei, Taiwan

+: the staff was fantastic and the common room was great. Washrooms were ok. the hostel is about 10 minutes walk to Ximen metro, with a lot of eateries around. -: i booked a bed in a mixed dorm. contrarily to hostels in Europe, the mixed room was more like a "male dorm but girls can stay in" (i woke up in the morning realizing i was the only girl in the room, not a pleasant experience). also, some bunk bed have 3 beds one over the other…no much space between the top bed and ceiling.

• 16th Dec 2014

Staff are very helpful and I enjoyed my stay. I will stay Meander Taipei Hostel next time.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Japan

It's near the ximen station, so convinient. the step whose name is MIN is very kind.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Best hostel staff we have ever come across and we have traveled a lot. We arrived at 1.30am and there was still a staff member who happily checkd us in. The next day Marc took us to buy breakfast at a local restaurant as we cant read chinese and then gave us great advice for our stay in taiwan - went above and beyond! Hostel is in a great location next to a busy shopping and restaurant area. Great common area with communal mac computers. Dorm was fine and clean!

Really nice hostel, with super nice staff. Staff was helpful even with my difficult questions in attempting to locate a special style rice noodle place(thanks Mark). Luka is a really knowledgeable and competent in all things about bikes in Taipei. Lucy was really charming and I hope her plans for the future will work out, and the other girl that helped me so much whose name I never heard, thank you all for a good time! The only thing I missed was more travellers in the hostel.

The only drawback is that the WIFI in the room and common area doesn't work sometimes. I hope the internet connection could be more stable.

No wake up call service.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostel doesn't have lift, a little bit incovenience. But others are excellent.

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hope to see you soon again at Meander Taipei!!

Only stayed for one night but have very few complaints. The dorm was quite small and got very hot even with the AC on and it was only half full - there is a window but you'd have to lean across a sleeping person to open it at night. However the dorm was very clean with keycard room and locker access. Bathroom facilities good, and the downstairs common area was awesome. Lots of tables, good kitchen area and snug area with beanbags. Not to mention the table football! Good hostel.

ximen is by far the best Location,the hostel is near the mrt Station 5min walk.the staff of the hostel is great with a nice policy of talking to travelers!!listen to their advice ,it`ll rain,it will!!facilities are good.only negative ,no lift for 5th floor.curtain for bankbed recommended as well free coffee!!

Thank you for your sincere advice!! We would put much effort to make Meander better. Coffee is really a nice idea. Hope to see you soon again!!

The BEST hostel ever!!! Every single staff is friendly and willing to help guests. The atmosphere is sweet and relaxing. It's easy to talk with different people. Sometimes when staff is off their work, you can even have drinks and food with them! As for the room, the bed is comfy(I'm told it's memory mattress) and the shower is AWESOME!!!

• 9th Nov 2014

Great hostel! Clean and tidy. Nice location and closed to local food. I like the common room and happy to meet new friends from different countries. The owner and the staff are nice and friendly and always willing to help, with recommendation and directions. They made our trip more memorable! I would definitely recommend to everyone and will come back for my next trip! Thank you Meander!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellence and friendly atmosphere, highly recommended for traveler in Taipei

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you so for recommending Meander Taipei to other travelers.

Very cool hostel although the stairs can be daunting by day 3 it was no harder than riding a bike. Stay here and wander around ximen. Youll have a blast

Thank you so much!! Meander crew will try to make more effort to make it a better place for travelers to stay!!

Great hostel with an awesome common room and very friendly staff !

Nathan!!!!! We miss you so much!! It was a great time to spend with you. Good luck with your travel and if you're coming to Taiwan ever, remember to come back for visiting us.

My first time in Taipei, and these guys really made it a very enjoyable and memorable stay. Awesome service, extremely helpful in terms of hostel stuff and also with recommendations and directions, and for those who can't speak mandarin, these guys are totally fluent in English. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, shower heaters work well, near the train station, great lounge area for everyone to hang out at, and best of all: they sell beer at the reception as well!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

The place is nice and 10 minutes walk to Si Men Red House. Met nice people there.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Hope to see you soon again. Everyone enjoys talking with you!!

Loved it here! I found the staff to very friendly and helpful! The bunks were a little bit squishy, but typical of a dorm room. The common area was really spacious and inviting. The only small complaint I would have is that the shared female bathroom floor was constantly wet and covered in clumps of hair. My only suggestions would be to perhaps clean the floor more frequently throughout the day.

We love you as well!!! We wish you could stay longer with us. Must come back again!!!

Stayed one night, easy check-inn, nice staff. Rooms are bright and clean, same with bathroom. Would come back again.

Thank you for the positive comment for us. We're more than willing to hear any advice or suggestions to make Meander a better place.

What makes Meander a great place to stay, is the combination of atmosphere and staff. A warm welcome with tea paired with entering a cosy common room makes your first impression simply amazing! Staff is not only helpful but also attentive in the sense of "remember your face, saying goodmorning" & "how was your day, where have you been". Do not hesitate to ask for advice or to share a couple of drinks with them! 10 mins walking through the buzzling and youthful Ximending to MRT. Meander it is!

We did have a great time with your stay at Meander. It's really nice to talk with you. Look forward to meeting you again!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3