Meander Taipei Reviews

No. 163, Chengdu Road, Wanhua District, Taipei, Taiwan

Perfect Hostel i' ve ever experienced. Very clean.

Overall, the hostel was great. There were only two things that I didn't like about the hostel. The hostel was a little far from the subway station but it's not too bad of a walk. If the elevators are accessible, that would be great. Other than that, this hostel was great.

Everything is awesome at Meander hostel. Clean, morden, and comfy! Love the common area there. Great place to chill around and get to know other travellers. Staff are great as well. Extrememly helpful and kind. Best hostel experience :)

Best hostel ever. It is located in Ximending which is only 10-minute walk from Ximen MTR station. Rooms are clean with basic equipment. The best part will be common area. It is decorated as a cozy family-like space. I could meet new friends easily. Sad that I didnt take part in any activities held by hostel. It should be so much fun. Would love to stay again and recommend to others.

Place is near MRT station and lots of restaurants and shops. Place is very clean but some of the staff weren't very approachable.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

Possibly the best hostel I've stayed in yet. Has all the facilities you need, and is generally a very clean hostel. The common area is also very large and there is always something going on so it is great to meet new people! Very reccomended hostel by myself. Super friendly staff!

• 13th Aug 2015

Super great hostel and extremely clean. The facilities were great. Breakfast was minimal - toast, fruit and oatmeal but decent nonetheless. It's a little on the pricey side. Atmosphere was fun and it was easy to meet people since it was such a big hostel.

Most of their staffs are ok, except the male staff who on duty during the noon of 10th August 2015. During the check in process, I asked that can I leave the hostel already to the female staff. This is because I would like to know that whether the whole check in procedure had been completed. However, this guy suddenly answered me that "Go and ask your mother" in a very sarcastic way. When I asked him to recommended some famous food in Taipei, he also entertained us in a very not serious way

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your feedback and we very much value your opinion. We have discussed the particular situation with our host, and he is also apologetic his humor didn't come through as intended. He is the most humorous amongst us and brings a lot of joy to our guests and staff alike. We appreciate your opinion and because of your feedback, it has brought to our attention areas we can improve on. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Very helpful and friendly staff! The atmosphere was great! Very homely feeling! I will definitely stay there again in the future!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in, it's perfect to meet new travelers, the common area is awesome. Breakfast is simple but great. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Location is perfect, next to the Ximen station. A little bit on the pricey side but it's so worth it, I was so sad when I left the hostel. I've made friends for life there. I would recommend Meander to anyone! Thank you guys, I had the best time.

We weathered typhoon Soudelor together--what an experience! Meander was professional, calm, well-prepared, and the facilities were big enough and well-equipped that even with most guests indoors for a day and a half during the typhoon, there was space to move around and lots to do. The complimentary breakfast was delicious! Comfortable mattress in the girls' dorm room. The lounge is classy, bright and inviting & they have many scheduled activities! Only quibble: please open front desk till 11pm~

Hi ! I’m happy to see you felt safe during the typhoon; it was definitely quite an experience, we were fortunate that our operation wasn’t affected too much and we were still able to keep everyone happy through this difficult time. Our front desk opening hours are 7am-11pm, and we always have one member of staff on until 3am to assist any late arrivals to the hostel ! Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback!

I had the best time here! Thank you!

This was my second time staying in Meander. Like before, my stay was excellent. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend staying in this hostel!

Great place. Would recommend to friends

I enjoyed my stay in Meander a lot. It's a great place to make new friends. Keep up the good job!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

This is one of the best hostels i've stayed at!

• 27th Jul 2015

This is a super clean and friendly hostel. The location is really convenient surrounded by lots of good food and nice little shops. Above all, the common area is absolutely a five star! It's spacious and comfortable and the setting is really easy for people to chat, relax and make friends. I met some really great people there and had an amazing trip in Taipei. The hostel is where all these amazing things start. The staff are all friendly and helpful, gave us lots of useful guidance.

This was a really good hostel. The staff speak good English, the facilities are in order and there is plenty of communal space and social events to get involved in.

• 24th Jul 2015

This place is awesome! The Meander are really nice! We all have a great great great experience and memories in here. See you guys sooooooon, will be back! Nice event and nice location and nice design! We love ya!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

I loved this hostel, the staff were super helpful, spoke perfect English and there's lots of social stuff going on so you can other travellers. The board with all the stuff to do was really useful as well. You get a free breakfast and clean air con dorms. It gets pretty pricy on weekends though and they wouldn't negotiate on the price...2 people staying for a total of 5 nights and the place wasn't full but they could only offer 10% off. Shame, we'd have stayed but it was just too expensive.

Thank you for the kind words regarding our hostel.I'm pleased to see that despite the pricing issue, you enjoyed your stay with us! Using one of our most expensive rooms(4-bed ensuite mixed dorm)as an example, the regular price per night would be $700(£14/€20) & the weekend rate is $750(£15/€21.33).We've set our prices so they are competitive with other hostels in Taipei and for us to continue improving our range of service and free tours. I hope this explains our reasoning behind our decision.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7