Mec Hostel Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Why rent a locker for 2€ when you can buy one for 1.49€ in Dealz? There's a lot of stairs in the hostel...!

the shower was broken, if you wanted to shwoe warm (and not hot and cold) the water-tap turned down. no refuse bin in the shower

• 27th Mar 2015

An amazing stay! The staff is great. Super helpful and nice. The hand dryer in the washroom broke down and within hours of telling the staff it was working again. The area is about 15 min walk out from the river and busy part of town which is nice as it was quiet for sleeping and close enough to walk in and out of town throughout the day. Got a lot of discounts on sites in the town from the lobby. Highly recomend!!!

It's a very good hostel, I enjoyed my stay!

Thanks for letting me have late breakfast, keeping my bags in storage and having a 24hrs reception

I gave an "average" to cleanliness, not because of the Hostel Staff, but only because of the guests. We had a floor bathroom, so keeping it clean, was not up to the staff. Next time, we'll be booking a room with private bathroom!! ;) All in all, the staff was very helpful and kind, the hostel was in a beautiful quiet road (James Joyce's Museum is just a few doors away!!!), very close to everything!! I'd definitely reccomend it!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Greece

Everything was good, expect the blonde polish guy who was almost rude and and obviously has some serious problems. Regards, Marijan

The hostel was good in relation of the price, the bad thing is that was really noisy.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Spain

I loved this place! The staff was helpful, the atmosphere was great, the rooms were good. I have zero complaints. Don't expect a 5 star hotel, and you won't be disappointed. It was a great first experience with hostels, and after 6 more hostels it's still our favorite.

everithing is ok but can by bether

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Croatia

This hostel is great, it's in a great location only a few minutes walk from O Connell street, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the room we stayed was very clean and I wouldn't say a bad thing about it because even though we only stayed for one night it was still very good but I have stayed in Mount Ecceles Court before and I have never been a bad experience

All in all quite a nice hostel, although a bit hidden. We weren't too happy with the bathroom though because the water in the shower was either icy or boiling. But apart from that we were very pleased.

Big building. Breakfast available for 2€. The kitchen is big and well furnished but not mugs (unless you pay breakfast). The dorm was very big but sadly the people too noisy during the whole nigh.

- good, secure atmosphere in the Hostel - I liked the breakfast!

• 14th Feb 2015

It would be nice to have shower mats and pegs to hang clothes from when you are having a shower . A bit more things to cook with too (like wooden spoons and spatulas) and tea-towels in the kitchen. Personal bedside lights would be good too, one on each bunkbed and a small shelf for the upper beds. All the rest was good !!! But check the doors please - they bang and creak too much.

The rooms were freezing cold. The neighborhood it was in looked dangerous, but was near the city center. We were woken up at 5 am by men banging on doors and yelling, and when we called the front desk, nothing was done about it. But the man working the front desk when we checked in and out was great, as was the woman who let us use their wifi.

• 13th Feb 2015

Sorry but I havent been in this hostel. I booked it but didnt come

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

showers could be better

When you get to the hostel and you dont get what you reserved...it started like that! Staff could be a bit more positive, talkative, except for the blond girl and Irish one! Kitchen a bit dirty, not so much things worked down there... Would not recommend coz Im sure there are much better ones around Dublin but if you just want a roof above your head its fine!

There are glamorous hostels in Dublin, but Eccles Court gives a good mix of decent location, large rooms, no frills facilities and very cheap price. My stay over NYE was booked was a lucky accident and I could not be happier :-) Recommended for the budget traveller, especially if you are not THAT into socializing: not the hostel is not sociable, it is just that it is even better if you are rather stick to your own train of thoughts.

« first « Prev 1 2 3