Mec Hostel Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Thank you MEC staff for making my time in Dublin even more enjoyable. There's not much you can do with halls that amplify sound or guests who don't understand what SHHH means, but otherwise you did a great job. Thanks so much also for the assistance in getting the shuttle for me in the wee hours of the morning;))) Love your smiling faces!

The hostel is very well positioned. The staff was very friendly and the 24h reception is definitely a plus. There is the possibility to get a breakfast for just 2€ which is very cheap as price.

• 15th May 2015

The Internet was really fast but besides that and the proximity to Parnell and O'Connell Streets, the hostel doesn't have much going on for it, The showers that were shared didn't have hot water and the kitchen was always cold.

Very nice stay at Mec hostel. We were 4 girls, we were in a mixed dorm of 10 and we really liked it, all the other people were nice and educate. Bathroom and shower are clean. The position is wonderful, just 10 minutes by foot to temple bar!

• 13th May 2015

Thank you for all the help I had a great stay!

• 11th May 2015

Worst Hostel I stayed in. Staff was inattentive and didn't bother to explain anything about the hostel other than to take my money. Shower were terrible in that it was not explained that they had stopped up the drains. I had to switch stalls in the middle of my cold shower to prevent flooding before I realized it was a drain stop. I came back a little before 1am and no one answered the door. I had to ring the bell and kick the door violently for 5-10 minutes before someone opened it.

• 9th May 2015

Good location and very friendly staff. Nice breakfast considering the price. The walls were a bit thin, so you could hear the noise outside the door sometimes. All in all, good value for the money.

• 8th May 2015
  • Sweden

Only stayed a few hours as had an early morning flight but was very impressed with the location, the helpfulness of the staff and the comfort of the room. Comes highly recommended. Would definitely stay here again.

The staff was so welcoming, friendly, and helpful! The prices were unbelievable as well. I would recommend this hostel to friends! My only complaint is that the place seemed to be in need of some general repairing (broken windows, large cracks in walls, peeling trim) but it got the job done and i was content with my stay! Thank you!

• 7th May 2015

apart from getting a mixed room istead female one (which at the end was not a problem for me but still might be kind of discomfort for someone) everyting was fine I would appreciate more detailed info to payment (doring the online reservation only part was deducted without information how much is remaining to be paid by arrival)

• 7th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Hostel is great, but laundry service will make it better still!

• 5th May 2015
  • Croatia

Overall an excellent hostel for the money. Great location, felt very safe. Everything was very clean, had no problems with that. Only issue was with other people staying, however this is not the hostels fault. Like all hostels roommates can be hit or miss. Would recommend this place 100%

• 2nd May 2015

We stayed in the private room with an ensuite. It was the biggest room/loft we had ever stayed in. Very cool room. I would stay again!

Very friendly and informative staff. Great mix of people. Would be nice to have towels.

This hostel attracted my attention as per picture showing nice terrace, however, my stay was bitter disappointment. Beds are not equipped with mini light and socket, so most guests turned on main bright light for prolonged time to distract sleep until after midnight. One guest tried to fit unsuccessfully her backpack into small locker in the dorm by creating noise, waking up others and then eventually giving up. Drier out of order in public bathroom plus breakfast extra. Must have own padlock.

Great staff, especially Viktor was very helpful. 2 euro breakfast was a good deal, bed comfortable, shower clean. Only downside - very cold at night, I had to get extra blankets from reception. Free unlimited wifi in room was great

• 27th Apr 2015

The showers was not hot, in my room have a big window on the roof (so i wake up, 6am every day, i had no option), you need to upstairs all your life and have no lockers in the rooms.. i already stayed in betters hostels

it lacks the dishes in apartments

• 25th Apr 2015

Overall we had a great stay, Edgar on reception was friendly and helpful. Apartment had what was needed, yes basic but lots of space and clean. Good location. We would stay again...

• 24th Apr 2015

Booked 10 bed dorm for 10 girls, 1 canceled shortly before. Assumed they wouldnt put someone else in our room as other hostels havent with a large group. They put a man in with us! They should have mentioned this on phone. We arrived at 12am Thurs and he had an interview in the morning! Good security, lockers in the rooms, padlock required. Residential area so can't be noisy outside but rooms pretty sound proof. Showers have no temperature control. Beds really uncomfortable. Staff are amazing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3