Mec Hostel Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Nice place, the only problems are the non existing hot water in the showers and the few big lockers available in the room. Location was also not the best but acceptable. Breakfast was not amazing but for €2 a buffet it is a good deal. Apart from that it's a safe and staff friendly place.

Excellent centrally located hostel, next to all the fun but on a quiet street. Clean beds and showers. Very helpful staff, especially Victor - thanks and Happy 2016!

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel is in an old Georgian building with large rooms and a spacious feel to it. The M..E.C has to be the best kept secret in Dublin. Staff are super friendly and courteous with one grumpy exception. The kitchens here are spacious unlike other hostels you wont be falling over each other.only drawback with mec was one staff member who said 7 days is your maximum stay. I hope this is not the case as i will only have 7 daus to stay here this year while i am in the city.

The shower was too cold at night in Winter!!! We couldn't take a proper shower as it was impossible. The kitchen was excellent. Had everything we wanted. The rooms were huge but not many wall sockets nearby the beds for charging appliances.

good location nice bic kitchen and common room

rather a cold welcome no lift so not very practical with all the luggages not so many facilities in the rooms (no personnal lights, beds were undone...)

Really nice place, also really nice staff, always helpful and polite. I will be considering this place again when I come back to Dublin!

• 28th Dec 2015

Generally we had a pleasant stay, the location is good and the room was clean. For being such an old building the walls were obviously very thin as it was quite noisy. Our final night before our flight we were unable to get to sleep due to the noise on the floor above, (getting only 2 hours sleep!)

• 28th Dec 2015

Staff could have been nicer.

• 28th Dec 2015

There was a strong smell in the hostel, but we became accustomed to it after a few days. The €2 breakfast was super worth it to me and my friends, as we were on a budget trip. Also, the front desk was super helpful with giving us suggestions around the city and booking us a taxi to the airport for us.

• 28th Dec 2015

bathrooms could be better, in the room was very cold, radiators were barely warm, staff is very nice and polite

Verry kind and helpfull staff. Kitchen facilities were good.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Very nice hostel. I spent there one night with my gf and I found this hostel very comfortable a close to the city center. We had an ensuite bathroom in a four bed room. Luckily there was no other guests in the same room. Anyway I found the staff helpful and the site clean and safe

There are more cons than pros. - The building and the facilities are old, REALLY OLD. It needs urgently a complete renovation. - the chairs and seats had the fabric ripped up. - the bedroom is a bit smelly - in my bedroom there were only 2 plugs for electricity, so you have to negotiate with the flatmates who will charge the phones. - there is no individual light in the bed, meaning that either everybody had to have the lights on, or complete dark. - bedsheets and mattresses are good

this an older building and no elevator to the top floor aside from that it was ok. close to O'Connell street and shopping and transportation

It's very clean .. it's spacious,with high ceilings , never feel stuffy in here .. besides , new mattresses ,.Staff all friendly . ..In city center Good place!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really appreciated the free wifi. It would help to have more plugs around the 16 person room or in the common areas. I noticed that some plugs were not feasible to use.

• 10th Dec 2015

Very nice and helpful receptionist.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

It was cheap but really not very nice and with an ok location.

I liked the hostel very much, clean, quiet, warm, nice people.

• 28th Nov 2015