Mec Hostel Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Nice place. Easy location.

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere (garden, common room etc).

The hostel was very close to the city centre. The room was nice, bunk beds, noisy ones but nice with an ok mattress. we were four friends in a room of four, with no toilet. Showers were attached to the wall and weren't nice to shower with. Noisy common areas. Breakfast for two pounds with very bad coffee, but also included: tea, toasts, cheese, boiled eggs, cereals, jams.

Organise things to do at night

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Much better than what we expected for the modest price. Good beds, clean showers, free wifi and lockers, very large common rooms. Great receptionist Victor - tks for everything mate!

• 22nd Jun 2015

The front desk guy was super helpful!

• 22nd Jun 2015

I only stayed here one night however I was impressed with this hostel. It is only one street back from O'Connell Street and very central. It is a quiet area so you can sleep if you don't feel like partying. The bed was quite comfortable. It has a huge kitchen and a nice back garden area. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on that. I would recommend it

I had two night at here. 10 bedroom was good thab 4 bedroom for me. Breakfast is 2 euros so you should pay for it additionally.

Very nice hostel located just next to O'Connell Street. The house is charming form the outside and clean and tidy from the inside. The bedroom (I was staying in a mixed 6-bed room) was very nice. We did have big window looking on the quiet street and a huge bathroom. The staff was very friendly.

• 17th Jun 2015

Amazing value for money! Location is good and the building is lovely! we stayed in the double private ensuite and it was huge! We had our own sitting room, kitchenette and tables to eat breakfast

• 16th Jun 2015

This was a very nice hostel and it was very close to town.

Clean and great localisation. The neibourghoud is quiet but guests often come back late in the night making a lot of noise. We didn't sleep very well

This is not a bad hostel. The beds and the bathrooms are clean, and It had decent security. But there are much better hostels in Dublin that are the same price.

Wish we knew about this hostel earlier! On our first trip to Dublin, we stayed in a hostel and after having a less than enjoyable experience there, we decided to try a new hostel. Our room was gorgeous and enormous, with a classic style as it is a renovated old building. The shower was clean and nice. We had an attached kitchen which had some pretty rough looking pots and pans, but we could always go to the shared kitchen (we didn't). Great experience. Would stay again.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I m pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. we are very proud of the buildings and location. I promise to check the cooking facilities out.

The place looked as though it could use a good sweeping and mopping. My room smelled like stinky feet and musk. The bed was so uncomfortable that I could count the springs in the mattress. Furthermore whenever the person under me turned the entire bed shook like it was going to fall apart. In order to shower you had to hug the wall to get wet...especially if someone else was using water in the bathroom and there was a shampoo stain in the shower for my entire stay...it looks rundown

thank you for your comments. I have investigated your compaints about the beds. The beds and matresses in the room are only a few months old and the mattresses are foam and have no springs. your comments are not accurate and therefore unreliable.

Basic nice hostel, Perfect place to stay in Dublin for the weekend.

• 5th Jun 2015

The stay was lovely and the 16 person room was remarkably quiet! Not a huge fan of all the stairs but, what can ya do.

Thanks for your comments. its great to get some feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at MEC Hostel

central, clean,nice staff, dorm spacious with high ceilings

It was really pleasant to spent this time there. The staff in the hostel was really nice and the location is really good. The infrastructure was nice as well.

• 2nd Jun 2015

The bathrooms were cleaned once a day so there were moments that were dirty or there was no paper. There was some noise but I guess it was Saturday so let's say ok. Good breakfast and very good price but please increase the hours. 2 hours are not enough, maybe 7.30-10.30 would be already better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5