Mec Hostel Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

We spend 4 days in this hostel and it was great ! The staff is really nice, the rooms are secure (magnetic card to open the room and locker inside). Our 4 beds room was clean and comfortable. We even played ping-pong, pool and baby-foot. All that at 5 min walk from O'Connel street.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Friendly staff and great location: a haven of peace in the midst of a lively neighbourhood!

I enjoyed this hostel. There was a friendly international backpacker crowd and a nice atmosphere. Victor at the front desk was very helpful. Loved the garden!

• 17th Aug 2015

It's really quite with good people, excellent to rest and everything is near

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

It doesn't have the "real" hostel atmosphere, but it's clean, close to center and quiet

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

We stayed in one of the apartments and it was brilliant. Absolutly amazing, very central, spacious, mostly clean and just perfect for a long weekend with the girls... will hopefully come back soon.

• 13th Aug 2015

Great location, on a quiet street just off the Main Street O'Connell. Beautiful building with huge windows, and kept quite clean. Very nice kitchen with all the facilities. We really enjoyed our stay!

• 13th Aug 2015

At we arrive, the staff don't explain us that the room card be changed every day at the morning. We have 89 up stair to our room :(

Good value of the money!

Hand dryer not working in toilet No hook on back of door for bag/coat in toilet. Only 2 toilets & showers on my floor? Mattress very uncomfortable

• 12th Aug 2015

My favorite hostel---and I've stayed in many! Showers and bathrooms very clean (and dry!!), and the rooms are nice and open. A beautiful old building with big windows. Excellent security. This is where I will stay in Dublin from now on.

We stayed in a private room, which was actually an apartment, complete with a kitchen, spiral staircase and loft. It was an amazing value for the price.

• 10th Aug 2015

Very well located, big and clean.

It was really nice, the staff was friendly. The only thing is there are lots of stairs. Sometimes one of the toilets was not

Unique hostel, with basement as kitchen. Cooking facilities available. 15mins walk from The bridge to Trinity College.

Sometimes the washrooms were GREAT and at other times (9-11am) they weren't all that clean. Besides that, it is an awesome hostel in a good location.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Such a poor experience at this hostel, I would not recommend it to anyone. The building itself is a little run down, my room card wouldn't work so I would have to repeatedly go back downstairs. My main complaint is that someone was banging on our door at 5 in the morning and wouldn't stop. When we finally opened the door a girl came in and just got into bed with another rooommate. When I told the front desk, he couldn't have cared less. The neighborhood is also not very safe.

Nice hostel for everyone wanting to be close to the center, but not in the party zone center.

Dear Mec Hostel Team Listen, you have a such a nice location, a very good opportunity to make something very nice of your hostel, but the whole house feels like a ghost house, so shabby and poor, what a pitty! I would recommend you to search an investor and do the most basic things in the house, really! Good luck you all, gently regards Gretl Hunziker

• 29th Jul 2015