Mec Hostel Reviews

42 North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

When I walked in, the desk staff seemed preoccupied and could care less that I was there. When I walked beyond the reception area, the rest of the building smelled of urine. Although the bedding was clean, the mattresses had springs and were so uncomfortable. The building was very old and cold.

• 26th Jul 2015

A bit run-down, could use a renovation, but clean enough. Good security, staff not terribly friendly. Very large dorm room with a lot of empty space seems to encourage people staying there to not take any notice of other people in the room trying to sleep, very creaky noisy beds.

The Mec provided us with cheap, clean and easily accessible accommodation.We have stayed in a few hostels before and this is certainly one of the best.Would highly recommend and we shall use again.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

This was the worst place I have stayed in all my travels around the world. The teenage girls in the room above us were so loud the walls shook until 5 in the morning. We got no sleep and the staff was inexperienced. The only redeeming quality were the big windows and high ceilings.

• 25th Jul 2015

Good location in Dublin near O'Connell street. It was possible to store our luggage before and after our stay. The breakfast was very good value for money (2€). The kitchen is good.

We stayed one night and this hostel provided everything we needed. It was very nice treat that they had vending machines and computers for guests. We arrived late in the evening and the guy at the guest was very helpful with helping us find a restaurant that was open and with directions.

The hostel is in a good location, close to the middle of Dublin. We stayed in a 16 bed dorm and it was huge, it really didn't really like there were that many people in there. The hostel was always clean, the housekeepers worked hard and did a good job. I would definitely stay there again.

I enjoyed my stay at Mec hostel as it is very well located and the staff is really nice. The rooms are quite big and confortable. I definitely recommend it!

It was a good place, neat and clean. Staff were friendly, they also allow you to keep your bags even when you have checked out. Breakfast cost 2 euros, i guess it should have been free. But nonetheless it was a good placer to stay.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • India

Too noisy !!!

• 14th Jul 2015

Bike friendly, Huge common area, small garden at the backyard and extremely helpful and cool staff.

The second time in MEC hostel and always a good surprise. Really good location and for a really attractive price ! the best hostel in Dublin

Hostel had no atmosphere. What bothered me the most was the bathroom facilities, I was there for only one day and the whole time they did not bother to replenish the toilet paper. Bathrooms were unclean.

The staff was extraordinarily helpful!

Great hostel in a perfect location, clean &, great staff

It's a good hostel to come and crash for the night. Showers were decent but not great.

Was good for what we needed

Fantastic service, great place - love the garden and the 2Euro breakfast! Thank you for a great stay!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Bathrooms could have done with more attention, particularly throughout the day's peak periods Generally OK, very good WiFi, unfriendly staff.

The appartment was in a different building. It was big, but the furniture was bulk trash. The couch fell apart and you couldn't sit on it. The toilet was broken, but worked. One of the locks of the door was broken, the other one very poor. While we were in the appartment strangers walked in (twice). In front of the window is a big, dirty hole - don't know what that is. The atmosphere in this building was bad, but the last day we stayed in the main building for 2h and felt bette and more secure!

• 29th Jun 2015