Med Cezir Hotel Reviews

Tevkifhane sokak No 6, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I wish I would've stayed here the entire time I was in Istanbul. The location is great. The view of the blue mosque and the Sophia are absolutely beautiful. It was quiet at night.

Lovely staff!! Just want to go back as soon as I can :) the breakfast could have been better. Location couldn't be better.only noise comes from the minarets. Exceptional value for money :)

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Norway

I had great time staying with Med Cezir. I as in town on an odd day so I was the only person in the hostel at the time. No matter, the staff made me feel right at home and were extremely friendly. My only complaint has to do with the size of the shower. I'm 6ft 3in so it was a wee bit cozy, but nothing that I'm not used to.

Excellent location walking distance to the hagia sophia and blue mosque. The staff spoke english but definitely not completely fluent. They were very helpful and kind and breakfast is provided.

Perfect location for sightseeing!!! The hotel is in the middle of the old city center (2-3 min from Hagia Sophia,Blue Mosque...), but still in a nice little street, next to Savoy Hotel:) You can reach everything in Sulthanamet on foot. Metro station is 5 minutes - with 1 change you reach the airport or Taksim square or the seaside. Stuff is very friendly, like a real family business. Breakfast was great, with fresh bakery, fruits and vegetables. Good quality aircondition in the bedroom.

The location is very good, only 5 minutes walking from Sultanahmet square and the tram to get to the rest of Istanbul. Rooms are cleaned everyday and airconditioned. The only problem was that the wifi was very poor on the second floor. This is very annoying if you are trying to do some last minute research, something you will find yourself doing frequently in Turkey.

We had an absolutely wonderful stay here! Really nice room and we had a great view of the Hagia Sophia too! Staff were very friendly/helpful, very clean, and the location is outstanding! It's a little bit more than other hostels in the area (we only stayed here 1 night and stayed in hostels the other nights), but you definitely get what you pay for! Med Cezir was absolutely worth an extra 10-15 Euros per night. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Istanbul!

This is a very nice Hotel just near by the Blue Mosque and Sofa Basilica. It's a family own hotel and the owners are very very nice and friendly. The place is very clean and the breakfast is normal. Obviously you pay for the location, but it's a sure value for Istanbul.

Had a great stay at Med Cezir. Even though, I was just for one night in istanbul I can recommend Med Cezir to everyone who is looking for a VERY VERY well located hotel at relatively low cost. The staff was helpful and gave me a couple of tips to discover the city. The room was fairly small but clean and quiet. All in all, I enjoyed my stay!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Lovely hostel, lovely staff and location! However, could do with another shower/bathroom on the top floor as can become a bit difficult if all the rooms are occupied and have to share one shower and one bathroom. They are however, cleaned on a regular basis!

Awesome location, right in the heart of old Istanbul. View from rooftop was breathtaking. Nicely furnished room with comfortable bunk bed and good quality sheets. Staff were all helpful. Wifi was very spotty. Only one outlet for electronics you had to chose between bedside lamp and charging. Shared bath but only 3 rooms per bath. Room was spotless when I arrived but floor wasn't swept when I left for the day. Washrooms weren't cleaned every day. Had a great time would recomend.

A real gem in the heart of Stultanahmet! An extremely clean, well-run establishment 120 steps away from the Aga Sofia, a 2 minute walk to Topkapi, and a 3 minute walk through the park to the Blue Mosque, 5 minutes to the tram. The staff is terrific, with 24/7 desk service and travel services. Very friendly owner, attached cafe with included Traditional Breakfast every morning, rooftop deck, free wifi, what's not to love? As a single female traveller, a marvellous place to stay in Istanbul.

Hi, thanks a lot for your choosing to stay with us and looking forward welcoming you again Wish you all the best

An excellent and friendly service by welcoming staff. They ably answered questions and provided assistance for our stay in Istanbul. The rooms were small, but good value and comfortable, with all the facilities we needed on holiday. This excellent experience was rounded off by its brilliant location: right in the middle of the city near all the things we wanted to see!

• 16th Feb 2015