Med Cezir Hotel Reviews

Tevkifhane sokak No 6, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I was very well looked after in the hotel, staff were very helpful, it's good value for money, incredibly close to all sights and safe. Highly recommended.

I was very happy with my accommodations and found the staff to be extremely helpful with planning and book tours, transportation, etc. I would happily stay here again and encourage anyone else to do so!

• 16th Aug 2014

Perfect location right in the midst of the amazing historical sights. Staying here gives you the opportunity to go and see the Topkapi, Ayasophia, The Blue Mosque, The Basilica Cistern m.m. before the lines get long and the heat unbearable. This place is really good value for money, the room were clean and cool, I got free coffee and water, and the staff really did their best in making sure I had a nice stay. Would definitely recommend this to couples and small groups.

Very nice hotel, clean and comfortable, situated in very good position, with excellent staff. Those guys really made the difference! If it's your first time in Istanbul, this is where to stay.

Second stay with Erol and co. at the Med Cezir hotel and could not have been better. First stayed in 2009 and enjoyed the staff's warm hospitality. This time around enjoyed the recently renovated rooms and cozy cafe on the ground floor. Great location with easy access to all of Sultanahmet's historic sites. Will look forward to returning and could not recommend Med Cezir enough.

A lovely friendly atmosphere. Very relaxed.

This is arguably one of the best places to stay in Istanbul. It is literally next door to the Aya Sofya and Blue Mosque but somehow doesn't feel like being in the tourist epicentre, which for us was a very big plus. Also, Samet and Orhan, the guys working the reception, were ridiculously nice and helpful. Stay here!!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Excellent location and cost/quality relationship, very friendly and helpful staff. Will stay again next time!! Thank you so much to our Turkish friends for their great hospitality. don´t miss the Champions League Final with Arda Turan! Good luck and happyness during your future stay in Barcelona

The best place!!! We just love it! The location is perfect, all clean, the breakfest very good, the ppl so friendly and amables! For sure we gonna come back! Thank you guys for everything!

Great place to stay in Istanbul, perfect location near the main sites in the old town and near the tram stop to easily travel further afield. Staff are incredibly friendly and the rooms are simple but have everything you need. Good breakfast too! Highly recommended

Would recommend to anyone.

• 8th Apr 2014

This hotel is really well prepared, I am quite satisfied!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • China

OH my god, Best hotel ever. Staff are so nice!

Absolutely fantastic, I couldn't understand why it was so cheap for such a great hotel. Breakfast could be a bit more varied but otherwise can't fault this hotel at all!

perfect for young people who have no problems with shared bathroom/toilet and a small, but nice room. the location of med cezir is perfect - just seconds far away from blue mosque and hagia Sophia but it´s also not that loud.....the staff is really nice and welcomed us in a good way :) we are definetely coming back and recommending you to our friends!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Austria

With 96% rating from hostelworld.com we maybe anticipated too much. The hostel is good, has helpful staff, is clean, has a really good location but doesnt offer that little "extra". The hostel offers simple breakfast but the restaurant mentioned on the website is not operating anymore. They also offer shuttle service to/from Ataturk airport at the rate of 15 TL per person. All in all, a nice place to stay in Istanbul.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

I couldnt have chosen a batter place to stay in Istanbul. The location was perfect, minutes from all the major sites. The staff were so friendly and helpful, I felt like part of the family. For a hotel in such a perfect location it is excellent value for money, I cannot praise it more and wish the hotel and staff every success in the future. Cant wait to go back..Definately 100%.

Very good location, friendly staff. Simple breakfest. Very nice view from rooftop.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

Great Hotel and very friendly Staff. If you want to go to Istanbul, go there!