Media Luna Hostel Reviews

Centro, cll Media Luna, Cartagena, Colombia

Stayed there for 3 night. Great location, did enjoy my stay. The only critasim would be not air con in room when it can get quite hot.

The building itself was great, but that's where the positive comments stop. We have travelled all over South America and the staff in this hostel were by far the worst. They were so unhelpful and they made you felt like an inconvience going to talk to them. We went across the road to mamalena to book all our tours and buses, this seemed like a much nicer place. Also there was no air con in the rooms...you wouldn't believe how hot it gets. Atmosphere was pretty poor for a so called "party hosteL"

Great location and party atmosphere. However it is very expensive for a relatively standard hostel

I stayed at Média Luna in march 2014. This is a very butifull place. Litle swiming pool and the intérieur court is very nice! Great place to meet travelers and make party at night. If you want to sleep at night, brings hear plugs. The Showers are REALY dirty and the forring staf there kind of snob or rude. The Colombian staf is nice. There is no air con in the rooms and it's realy to hot in the rooms. The plastic bracelet "all-include kind" is anoying. The bar and the roof are great.

• 6th Mar 2014

Not what I expected really, the hostel was recommended to me but honestly it wasnt what I had in mind. The man and woman from the reception (the foreing ones) were a little rude and didnt care much about the things people asked them. In addition, the rooftop was almost always closed. Next time in Cartagena I'll try with "El Viajero".

This hostel is massive! So there are a ton of other travelers to meet. This hostel is definitely a younger crowd option, very social and high party atmosphere. Rooms are nice and big and the cleaning staff were excellent. Facilities overall are decent, staff could have paid a little more attention to the guests. If you want a grey time in Cartagena, I would suggest this hostel

We enjoyed our time at Media Luna. The beds are comfortable (although the top bunk is really high up so I'd recommend asking for bottom bunk), enormous kitchen and cool courtyard to hang out. The only real downside is that we found the reception staff rather rude and unhelpful. Also, when you check out they can't give you an itemised bill so you can double check (they just give you a grand total) which is pretty ridiculous.

Super party hostel, if you're into that, its awesome... If you´re not, its good for one night. Loved the restaurant.

Absolutely great spot. Met some real gems at this hostel. Started my Colombia tour at this hostel and couldn't have picked a better place. Recommend it for anyone looking to meet people along the way.

Great Place - Standard Hostel. No Complaints. Great for getting around.

• 7th Nov 2013

I was very happy staying at media luna hostel! Its very close and central in the old town, and has great activities offered for guests to get to socialise ! Would definitely go back

• 27th Oct 2013

Party spot, met really nice people while there.