Media Luna Hostel Reviews

Centro, cll Media Luna, Cartagena, Colombia

I have stay a few times at Media Luna and I think is the best Hostel in Colombia. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the staff are very kind and the atmosphere in there is really friendly and enjoyable. Also, the hostel has many activities for the guests like yoga classes, a pool party on mondays, movies night at thursdays and the wednesday's party is the most famous in Cartagena and everybody in the city goes there because is a really good party.

Great hostel if you want to party. We just wanted to sleep the night we arrived, which we couldn't because of the noise from the bar (bring earplugs!) besides that we really enjoyed our stay, specially the pool area and the rooftop are very nice - and there are great oppertunities to meet new people. The hostel is placed in a very nice area close to everything! Good kitchen facilities if you want to cook. Though make sure you get a room with AC, when it's terribly hot at night..

The most expensive hostel that we stayed in Colombia and easily the worst value for money. Air Con is a must in Cartagena and cheaper alternatives to Media Luna have A/C in dorms where Media Luna does not. It does have a grotty little plunge pool you could sit in i supoose. Staff are quite unfriendly and unhelpful. Directly opposite Media Luna is Mamallena's which we stayed in for one night. A/C, free breakfast and benefits from the same great location Media Luna has. And Mamallena is cheaper

• 4th Jun 2015

The place was so dirty . They try to accommodate us in room that we even book. The place was so insecure. The pictures doesn't looks like in Internet. We were over charge. The service was completely a disaster. And to complete the were so rude.

• 31st May 2015
  • Colombia

Escribo en español, creo que es mejor. Nosotros les brindamos una habitación de 6 camas con baño privado, es decir un upgrade. No veo el problema en esto? ustedes habían reservado en otro tipo de habitación, inferior. Quisiera saber porque el lugar es inseguro? todas las camas tienen su locker. Tambien quiero contarle que las fotos son tomadas acá, sin fltros ni cambios. Sobre al sobrecosto, es el IVA, impuesto que se cobra a los colombianos, algo normal. Gracias

Average hostel - I stayed from Thursday to Sunday after the party and the atmosphere was pretty flat. No AC in rooms which is a MUST for me in Cartagena. Overall an okay experience but better options are easily found.

The building is absolutely beautiful but the staff are very unfriendly and seem to go out of their way to be extra unhelpful. We couldn't even get the bin in our bathroom emptied. We saw groups of people checking out and into Mamallenas across the road which we also would have done had we not been forced to pay for our room in advance. It's such a shame that this once buzzing hostel has been killed by terrible staff and management.

The most expensive hostel we stayed in in Colombia, with no free breakfast, no changing of sheets and crappy wifi. It's a party hostel, with a great party on Wednesdays (roof terrace) which makes it worthwhile. So it depends what you are looking for I guess.

• 12th May 2015

If you like partying more than sleeping then this is your place! I like a party myself but i didn't think the balance was right for me in Media Luna. Impossible to have a early night with all the noise and people walking in and out of the room. Did like the relaxed pool area.

This hostel is in a great location in the backpacker area, a short work to the old town, as are many other options. The rooms are spacious and bright with big lockers and they all overlook the communal area and pool which is good. Bathrooms and showers are good enough, with big mirrors in the sink area. The rooms are very overpriced however and incredibly hot with just one or two small fans for 6 people. There are a lot of hostels for $3 - 7 less nearby.

• 5th May 2015

I love this hostel! The staff were great and very accommodating, the beds were comfortable, and the location was perfect.

• 14th Apr 2015

Had a good time at Luna Media. The rooms were clean and the overall experience was good. If you do not want to party I would recommend staying somewhere else but if you want to meet people and have a good time then this is your spot

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Wales

Some janitors were not very friendly

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Argentina

It was a good hostel but I arrived on "party night" and it was much too noisy. I moved to a quieter hostel the next day.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I would be nice if there were some more space for the luggage, there is just a small locker, where it doesn't fit a hand baggage (55 x 40 x 23cm).

If you want to party and have a good time this is the right place, if you are looking for place to keep calm and rest try to find an other place.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Amazing places! Great location, great people, great sraff! Definitely best places in the Calle Media Luna. I will comeback to this places with a bunch of friends for have funn.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

You need to sort out the rooms next too the bathrooms at night if someone turns the light on then the rooms next to it are fully lit up for the whole night. Maybe try a sensor so we don't have to sleep with a light in your face.. Epic hostel though but could use with better security in the rooms as anyone can go into any room

Concrete beds made the beds feel like prison cells. Dirty showers, lots of light and noise from next door rooms, and lack of privacy or lounge space. Cut my booking short - couldn't leave fast enough.

The hostel had a good part atmosphere, but overall I would probably not stay here again. The staff were not particularly helpful and past 11pm there is no where but the room or party terrace to hang out.

If you are looking for a tidy, quiet and cheap hostel this one isn't for you. But if you are looking for a place with a great atmosphere where it's very easy to meet new people and to just hang out or party, this is the one and only hostel to be. Great pool, Bar, Rooftop terrace, free parties and towels and funny, friendly staff!