Media Luna Hostel Reviews

Centro, cll Media Luna, Cartagena, Colombia

The hostel has a bar and rooftop terrace. However, the bar is not open during the day and you cannot buy drinks on the terrace. Bring earplugs. There are no doors in the rooms, if you're unlucky it can be very noisy.

• 28th Dec 2015

Had a great night on the rooftop. Glad I didn't stay for more than 2 nights. WiFi didn't work due to temporarily failure (aparently that's quite often, if not always). My general feeling was that the hostel isn't motivated to treat their guest as good as possible. They are well known and people will find them anyway. It's fine but keep it in mind when you consider to visit.

Great, but staff were not overly happy to help at times

If you're looking for party, it's the place to be. The rooms are big and clean (just check that they changed your bedsheet when you check in). The bathrooms could need a bit more maintainance and the stuff could be more helpful and welcoming. It has a pool which is really helpfull beacause Cartagena is really hot. Eventhough it's in the party zone, it's quite enough in the rooms to sleep. Nice place to meet other travelers.

Pretty good location but avoid if you don't like the party scene because it was quite noisy at night. I didn't like that there was only a shower curtain and no door to the shower, there was a proper door for the toilet though. Staff were friendly and very helpful if you had any questions. Huge hostel so easy to make friends if you're travelling alone. I've stayed in worse hostels but also stayed in better.

Awful hostel, totally overpriced. I had things taken from my room. I could barely sleep at night due to how hot it was in the fan rooms and the excessively loud music being plaid until 4am twice in three days. The pool is so small and dirty. Stay elsewhere.

Took an hour to check in even though we had a reservation because of the sheer incompetency of the staff, the whole thing is a shambles. Their wifi doesn't work, not at all, everyone I spoke to had the same problem, for travellers, wifi is essential. If I had known that I wouldn't have stayed there. The bunk beds are awful, the top bunks are about 9ft high with no barriers and the ladders are horrible tiny square wooden steps with no where to hold on at the top. It's overpriced.

• 11th Nov 2015

Was okay, a lovely building, good sized rooms. But a lack of trust in guests really doesn't help this place. Lots of back and fourth to different areas for simple things like towels. Poster at reception says smiling is free but I paid in full at check in and didn't get even one over the three days I was there...

The location isn't the best - Getsemani is a little bit sketchy I felt much safer in the Old Town but Café Havana & other nightlife is there so it's still a fun place to go out. Most staff were great but one was very unhelpful - messing up our bus tour etc. We loved the atmosphere and the kitchen. I wish our stay was longer! Definitely the place to go if you're looking for a party place. Great for young people and super social

We stayed here as we were told it was a good party hostel,bar only I opens wednesdays when they have a party which locals can pay to come to also however, even if you are a paying guest you still have to queue to get up to the party at least half an hour. The kitchen was closed on numerous occasions. The main issue is the staff...very very rude and unhelpful. ..wouldn't help us get a bus to Santa Marta. We're generally ignorant expect a young man who helped with our bags. Pool only average

• 21st Oct 2015

Good things: Good bar with good prices, great staff, very good environment to meet people Bad things: No hammocks, a looooot of mosquitoes, ran out of water a couple of times, they need to keep the hostel cleaner

Good party hostel. Great courtyard. Let down by a poorly stocked kitchen. (No spoons/ cups/ very few bowls). The Wednesday night party does make up for any shortcomings if you like to party

Overall enjoyed our stay at Media Luna. The room was large as were the beds. Because of the structure of the bed, you didn't hear it or feel it when someone climbed to the top bunk which was appreciated. We stayed on a Wednesday night which apparently was a huge party night for them. While we enjoyed the music for. Bit, it continued through the night and was very loud with no reprieve. If you're not looking to party all night long, stay elsewhere.

Great staff who spoke perfect English with good knowledge of the area! good location, and atmosphere. Hostel offers plenty of activities both at night and during the day! Great place to meet people so would recommend for those travelling alone!

Apart rim Wednesdays this hostel had a very bad atmosphere. The staff were unhelpful and rude and the facilities were very basic.

Buen dia. Creo que su comentario es muy pobre, así como su calificación, puede llegar a ser una irresponsabilidad. El hostel tiene diferentes actividades diarias, yoga, clases de salsa, futbol, bbq, etc. Espero que en alguna oportunidad vuelva y se sienta mejor. Gerencia

stuff is very friendly and helps u with all our answers. laundry service is very good and so cheap ;) beds are good, a bit less showers for all the people but with hot water. outside are with pool is very nice, good to meet people there and for making party as well. i recommend u to stay over wednesday because there is a huge party in the hostel and in the city. not that close to the beach, by taxi 10-15min, but it's in a street with full of bars and the old city is also very near ;)

The staff acted like talking and helping you navigate Cartagena was a huge pain in the ass. Definitely a party hostel, and we met some excellent people, but the overall vibe felt like I was going to get an STD. Left for Santa Marta after one night here, instead of staying in Cartagena like we originally planned.

Most of the time the staff weren't friendly. The bathrooms were poorly clean.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • lucassalviano

Very good hostel, big one with a amazing pool in the middle. staff helped to organize tours in the beaches around the city. Maybe they could offer a walking tour.

Media Luna Hostel it is pretty fun and the young people that stays there is great. However the reception personal could care a little more about their clients and show more interest in their issues or needs in the city, so they can recommend great things or know how to react in some situations. The upper bunkbeds should have something for avoid people to fall (who actually happen to someone in other room). And the bathrooms should have at least liquid soap for the guest.

• 2nd Sep 2015