Media Veronica Hostel Reviews

Rua de Albacora, 555, Pipa, Brazil

Very close to the city center and the beaches. Really nice and welcoming staff. We definitely recommend Media Veronica.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Good atmosphere as seems to attract a fun crowd. We stayed in a double room which was really smelly and not clean. Nice place to relax in hammocks, communal feel. Good location only a few minutes walk to street. The breakfast is decent located really near by. I'd stay here again, it was value for money

I liked this place, stayed a week. Was a bit put off when I paid up front for the rest of my booking after the 10% already paid to hostel world and was quoted in reals but charged in USD. Therefore paying more than I should have. If the booking was quoted in USD it would have been fine but... It wasn't. Anyway guy did put us in a room a day before booking and found us a room post booking.

Pipa is amazing! If you are traveling in Brazil, make sure you check out this awesome beach town. Great for surf, partying and food. Media Veronica Hostel was okay but I wouldn't stay there again. I felt the place was very clicky and the set up for a common area is poorly thought out. As well, they don't provide adequate lighting (they shut it down early on in the evenings). Weak and no breakfast offered. Eat at the pasta place across the street - Pan E Vino is authentic Italian. Homemade pastas

The staff were very friendly. Good location.

The bees knees, the dudes that run this joint are amazing folk, definitely recommend.

Great staff, so froendly, awesome facilities and the best atmosphear ever!

Awesome location, very chilled staff which made the stay even better. Thanks!

Media veronica is one of the best hostels I've ever been. The staff are very friendly and funny. If you like doing surf, the hostels rents surfboards for a very cheap price. Location is excelent and very secure. It is near pubs and central beach. Media veronica is one of the cheapest hostels I have been in my trip in Brazil. Briefly, I have spent a very good time there.

Its a very familiar place and most of the staff is very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay here a lot, relaxing in the hammocks and have a great time meeting other people, surfing and relaxing in the beach. Its good good value for money and a good place to stay,and enjoy pipa.

We very much enjoyed our stay in Media Veronica Hostel. So much that we stayed longer then planned. The manager Adrian is great and professional and made us feel welcome from the first moment. The rooms where nice and the hostels' overall atmosphere is lovely too.

I came to Pipa to relax and have a good time, and I definately experienced both during my stay at this hostel. What I liked very much was that everyone was invited to have dinner with the staff and if you like to cook you were very welcome to cook for everyone else ;) (shared costs). This, and the great staff, made the atmosphere in the hostel very nice. Thanks again!

• 17th Oct 2013

Adrian, the manager is fantastic as all reviews say. He is very kind, helpful and a very good person. I have to say however that 96% is a bit overrated in my opinion. I think the owners should invest a few reais in replacing the kitchen water filter (absolutely not working - its only dripping), and I did not see any daily cleaning service as stated. Trash can in the toilet was never emptied in 4 days. Breakfast deal at "fabrica de farinha" start at 10 Reais, not 6 Reais at advertised.

It is the best hostel I stayed at in Brasil! amazing staff crew and atmosphere, near the center and the beach, wonderful music and a nice room, there's even a washing service that doesn't cost much and its very, very useful. We spent really two beatiful days at Media and I would recommend it to everyone!

This was by far the best hostel I have stayed in in Brazil. What made it particularly special was the staff. Adrian, Nico, and Fede go out of their way to make all guests feel welcome and comfortable and ensure that everyone enjoys Pipa to the fullest. Beyond the staff, the hostel is clean, secure, and has a wonderful ambiance. The monkeys were a nice touch too.

The hostel itself is nothing particularly special - good mattresses, decent wifi, hammocks, but what makes it stand out is the staff - super welcoming and friendly, like staying with old friends. They cook for themselves every night and you are invited to join them, sharing costs (very cheap!) There is no breakfast included but they have a deal with the local bakery which is pretty good value, especially when you consider the price. Bunks could be higher spaced, hard to sit up in the lower one

Arrived with a cold and weary from travel. I was instantly welcomed by the hosts and made comfortable . Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Adrian is a good chef, he can cook a nice meal. Left wishing I could have stayed longer.

This is one of the cheapest and nicest hostels we stayed in in brazil. Its clean, good athmosphere. Juli, tami and adri are very friendly and always up for a talk. Adri makes the best pizza's! Defenitely recommended, would go back.

nice staff, great place, nice village

Lovely hostel with great common area (hammocks) where everybody relaxes after the beach so it really feels like a big family! Cozy hostel, nice staff, clean rooms, big kitchen. All the facilities you need and just a 2 min walk to the beach and Main Street (bars). Had a really good time here!