Meiai Hostel Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 127, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Nice and clean!! good located good trasnport... easy to move around

The hostel was clean, well located and had good breakfast. My best regards to the staff who found my gold necklace and returned it to me. It is not a party hostel and it was a really good value for money considering it was xmas vacation. Definitely, I'd recommend it.

Well located, out of the touristic circuit but with really good connections (Botafogo metro station and many buses are quite close to the hostel). Right in the middle between Downtown and Ipanema. I think it lacks of facilities -only a few shared areas: a nice rooftop and computer's room-. Probably it was a bit empty during my stayed so that didn't help to create an interesting atmosphere. Anyway, good value for money.

Clean, tidy and safe! Best hostel so far!

I had a personal problem and Jessica was very helpful, she helped me a lot with my air ticket. The place is very pleasant, comfortable dorms with double bunks (important if you want to sleep!), and there is a nice bar. Perhaps the only things need it just a guest kitchen, but for me it was fine.

Fantastic hostel with great staff! The bathrooms were spotless with hot powerful showers. Best hostel we stayed in, in Brazil. Not many guests though so the party atmosphere lacked but the location was safe and in the middle of the beaches, lapa and old town. Breakfast was nice, restaurant was really good. Boat party was ok- full of Brits. Deffo recommend the hang gliding!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels