Meiai Hostel Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 127, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A whole new concept of hostel.

I stayed in the 16bed dorm during the carnival and it was a very pleasant stay: location is very good and safe and the hostel is very clean. The staff is lovely, very helpful to help and open to chit-chat. Each bed comes with its own locker, however, mine was broke. Luckily, I used my friend's but had I travelled alone it would have been very inconvenient. Also, the breakfast is very basic!

Great place to stay during Carnaval - relaxing and quiet in the day away from the mania that is Lappa, but close enough to metro stations/all the action. Would definitely stay here again!

I've done a fair bit of hosteling and this is definitely one of my favourites. Not sure of other Rio hostels but Id regard this as a slightly quieter and higher end hostel. Though still very cheap. Pros - Amazingly helpful staff - can't get over how lovely they were and how much they all went out of their way to sort out trips, give tips, etc. Not only to me but others I was staying with. Helped make my holiday in Rio over Carnival - Beds and rooms were really comfortable with good air con. Sh

• 25th Feb 2014

Nice and friendly hostel with helpfull staff.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels