Meiai Hostel Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 127, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Stayed here for carnaval so anticipated paying more for my stay. In comparison to other hostels, I would say meiai is more like a small 'family friendly' hotel/ b

This hostel is very good, I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The location is perfect, right in the middle of botafogo near the metro station, shops and bars. Easy to get to the center and copacabana/ipanema by public transport or a cheap taxi ride.

Spacious rooms and comfortable beds, with locking drawer under bed. Nice building. Good wifi. Showers in shared bathrooms are great. The bathrooms do tend to be wet a lot of the time though and need more hooks. Staff friendly and speak good English. More of a hotel atmosphere than a hostel.

Nice and clean!! good located good trasnport... easy to move around

The hostel was clean, well located and had good breakfast. My best regards to the staff who found my gold necklace and returned it to me. It is not a party hostel and it was a really good value for money considering it was xmas vacation. Definitely, I'd recommend it.

Well located, out of the touristic circuit but with really good connections (Botafogo metro station and many buses are quite close to the hostel). Right in the middle between Downtown and Ipanema. I think it lacks of facilities -only a few shared areas: a nice rooftop and computer's room-. Probably it was a bit empty during my stayed so that didn't help to create an interesting atmosphere. Anyway, good value for money.

Clean, tidy and safe! Best hostel so far!

I had a personal problem and Jessica was very helpful, she helped me a lot with my air ticket. The place is very pleasant, comfortable dorms with double bunks (important if you want to sleep!), and there is a nice bar. Perhaps the only things need it just a guest kitchen, but for me it was fine.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels