Meiai Hostel Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 127, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The room was unpleasantly cold at night

Great hostel in the heart of Botafogo, walking distance to metro, buses, mercado and botafogo beach, the staff were really helpful, everything was really cleaned daily, breakfast great, wifi didnt also work well but hostel was really full. Enjoyed my stay here would definatly stay again

Nice and spacy hostel,interesting design and good maintainance and good breakfast! it's a large hostel with many rooms which are also spacy and cosy and we stayed for 2 nights so we can say it was really nice and to feel a bit of other neighbourhoods instead Ipanema or Copa... Really great hostel and place to stay,didn't charge for taking shower after check-out and before out going to airplane,really cool!

Excelent Hostel. The staff is extremely efficient, proactive and friendly. Felt Like home. 10/10. Would stay again.

• 12th Jan 2016

Simply THE BEST HOSTEL IN BOTAFOGO!!!

Nice hostel. Cool decor. Clean rooms. Good AC. Strong shower pressure. Not much common space - annoying that you can't sit down in the main lobby or courtyard area without buying something to eat or drink.

Very helpful staff and great location. Not to mention the awesome breakfast they serve daily. I liked the restrobar they had inside the hostel but it certainly lacks the typical hostel ambience. However, the staff didn't mind outside food/drinks consumed at the restrobar, which was good.

Nice rooms, showers were okay. Walk to the metro station in Botafogo very close, can get to anywhere in Rio from there. Hostel staff were helpful, receptionist was great she gave us loads of info on arrival. Mariano the barman was great, but the hostel lacked the hostel atmosphere we were looking for. Food wasn't the best either.

This hostel is very nice. I would love to stay there again.

• 18th Jul 2015

Clean room and bathroom, powerplug for each bed, good underbed lockers, helpful staff, nice breakfast buffet, good value for the money.

I stayed in Meiai hostel for 3 nights and I really loved it! The location is very good, the cleanliness satisfactory for an exerienced back-packer and there are always cool people around. Small tipp: good address for meeting other backpackers! 3 doors further there is another hostel (beach backpackers) so people from both hostels would join and go party together!

Stayed here for carnaval so anticipated paying more for my stay. In comparison to other hostels, I would say meiai is more like a small 'family friendly' hotel/ b

This hostel is very good, I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The location is perfect, right in the middle of botafogo near the metro station, shops and bars. Easy to get to the center and copacabana/ipanema by public transport or a cheap taxi ride.

Spacious rooms and comfortable beds, with locking drawer under bed. Nice building. Good wifi. Showers in shared bathrooms are great. The bathrooms do tend to be wet a lot of the time though and need more hooks. Staff friendly and speak good English. More of a hotel atmosphere than a hostel.

Nice and clean!! good located good trasnport... easy to move around

The hostel was clean, well located and had good breakfast. My best regards to the staff who found my gold necklace and returned it to me. It is not a party hostel and it was a really good value for money considering it was xmas vacation. Definitely, I'd recommend it.

Well located, out of the touristic circuit but with really good connections (Botafogo metro station and many buses are quite close to the hostel). Right in the middle between Downtown and Ipanema. I think it lacks of facilities -only a few shared areas: a nice rooftop and computer's room-. Probably it was a bit empty during my stayed so that didn't help to create an interesting atmosphere. Anyway, good value for money.

Clean, tidy and safe! Best hostel so far!

I had a personal problem and Jessica was very helpful, she helped me a lot with my air ticket. The place is very pleasant, comfortable dorms with double bunks (important if you want to sleep!), and there is a nice bar. Perhaps the only things need it just a guest kitchen, but for me it was fine.

Fantastic hostel with great staff! The bathrooms were spotless with hot powerful showers. Best hostel we stayed in, in Brazil. Not many guests though so the party atmosphere lacked but the location was safe and in the middle of the beaches, lapa and old town. Breakfast was nice, restaurant was really good. Boat party was ok- full of Brits. Deffo recommend the hang gliding!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels