Meiai Hostel Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 127, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff at the hostel were really helpful and friendly telling us the best places to go and the best way of getting there too. The hostel is nice and clean and has a good atmosphere and is in a brilliant location 5 mins away from the metro. Only thing that would improve the hostel would be a kitchen as you have no option but to eat out all the time. The bar that is attached to the hostel is also really good and the staff their are really friendly and helpful too.

• 5th Jul 2014

A whole new concept of hostel.

I stayed in the 16bed dorm during the carnival and it was a very pleasant stay: location is very good and safe and the hostel is very clean. The staff is lovely, very helpful to help and open to chit-chat. Each bed comes with its own locker, however, mine was broke. Luckily, I used my friend's but had I travelled alone it would have been very inconvenient. Also, the breakfast is very basic!

Great place to stay during Carnaval - relaxing and quiet in the day away from the mania that is Lappa, but close enough to metro stations/all the action. Would definitely stay here again!

I've done a fair bit of hosteling and this is definitely one of my favourites. Not sure of other Rio hostels but Id regard this as a slightly quieter and higher end hostel. Though still very cheap. Pros - Amazingly helpful staff - can't get over how lovely they were and how much they all went out of their way to sort out trips, give tips, etc. Not only to me but others I was staying with. Helped make my holiday in Rio over Carnival - Beds and rooms were really comfortable with good air con. Sh

• 25th Feb 2014

Nice and friendly hostel with helpfull staff.

Pros: bedrooms are wide, beds are comfortable, location is pretty good and so is the breakfast they serve. Cons: bathrooms often had the floor wet and dirty and there was no actual luggage storage (staff only recommended us to leave our bags at a corner near the reception). Measuring the pros and cons, it was a good stay.

• 21st Sep 2013

Very good place, nice location, clean, good breakfast and they have computers with internet for use. I have no complain, I just felt the staff didn´t know Rio pretty much, I asked sometimes where to go in Rio and how to go and they often were struggling in explain to me, but that´s ok, I would be back there for sure! Another good point, they put me in a room that had nobody there, although I was booked in a crowed room, that was nice.

• 14th Sep 2013

The best hostel I stayed in Rio. The rooms are average, but with air conditioning what makes it better than the others. The common parts of the hostel are awesome, with a very good bar/restorant and a cool living room. It is near the subway and the staff is always ready to help you with bus informations and so on. Everything is clean and new with a very good atmosphere.

the hostel itself was ok but we had a really strange smell in our room and you should consider that there is no kitchen in the hostel. one morning we arrived about 4minutes after 10 and kindly asked if we could still have a plate to eat the leftovers of the breakfast, which was still on the bar. But they did not want to give us a plate anymore. The employee in the kitchen was extremely unfriendly. We did not have a garbage can in our room. The bathrooms were clean most of the time and the recept

very nice place to stay. quiet, clean, all new, so helpful staff. lacked only one thing - the shelves in the shower.

Needs a kitchen, kind of feels like a bed and breakfast as opposed to a hostel

• 14th Feb 2013