Fabulous 115 Total Reviews
Fabulous 115 Total Reviews
Meiai Hostel Located at Rua Guilhermina Guinle 127, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro 22270-060 Rua Guilhermina Guinle 127, Botafogo
86% 115
-22.9510233 -43.1884360
    Rooms available

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
19th May 2016

Lovely hostel, staff and veryyyyyyyyyyyyy clean!

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th May 2016
4.3

I felt that this was an unfriendly hostel and very difficult to meet new people. I felt very much like an outsider at this hostel. Aside from one employee, I felt that the staff was a bit cold. They certainly didn't go out of their way to ensure that my experience in Rio and at the hostel was enjoyable. I am so lucky that I had friends in Rio, otherwise I would have had a very lonely time. There is NO kitchen. You can't even fill up your own water bottle. There are many rules at the hostel.

• Austria, All Female Group, 31-40
28th Apr 2016
5.7

Staff was not in particular friendly and attentive. One female receptionist was nice though. My "Welcome" After a Long Travel day The Male receptionist was "why didnt you answer our Mail?" (Which I by the way did) what a nice start! Rooms Are ok and clean, somehow Atmosphere is missing and you Do Not get to Know other travellers as easily as in other hostels. Wouldn't stay there again!

• England, Female, 31-40
30th Mar 2016
7.7

The hostel is easy to find from the metro at Botafoga. The staff were lovely - really chatty and helpful, and the majority spoke good English. I was travelling alone and found the hostel quite quiet - I had hoped to meet a few other travellers, but unfortunately not.The beds were clean, but I'd recommend using your own towel; theirs weren't dirty but old and didn't dry very well. They had a computer available. And breakfast was fresh fruit, coffee and juice - very fresh.