Meiga Backpackers Reviews

Calle Basqui�os 67, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

It was a small, laid back kind of hostel. The staff and volunteers were very friendly and willing to help. It smelled smokey throughout the hostel because of the woodstove downstairs but that's a comforting smell (and a great place to dry wet shoes). There was free breakfast and other free food throughout the day. I told them I get cold easily and they brought an extra blanket up to my room. Very friendly place!

Cozy and great atmosphere, friendly people. Rooms don't lock; have to ask for a locker key; breakfast is good but meager; wood stove is nice, but everything is sooty--feet black shortly after showering. Almost never toilet paper, but there are faucet-based bidet things. Staff is nice, usually helpful, generally speak English, but the guy who checked me in barely did. He got back to playing WoW as soon as possible. Didn't tell me about breakfast, rooms, lockers. Grungy but reasonable.

Had a great stay! Wonderful, helpful staff that were very flexible about my stay. The common areas were great.

• 7th Dec 2013

Very friendly. However, slightly noisy due to proximity of the street. I would warmly recommend the place.

• 6th Nov 2013

Take my advice: if you aren't a backpacker, don't stay here. Good value and staff however!

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels