Meiga Backpackers Reviews

Calle Basqui�os 67, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Good location, pretty close to bus station, well equipped kitchen and nice common rooms. Dorm beds are standard and ok. Bathrooms are mouldy and were dirty and flooded in the morning. Definitely pay cash, staff has no clue how to use credit card machine which resulted in false bookings on our credit card account. No response from the hostel to that issue yet.

• 4th Sep 2014

i never got robbed in a Hostal! it was the first time for me

• 25th Aug 2014

It is more a kind of hippieflat than a hostel, the staff is very young and you meet a lot of people as it is not too big and has a nice garden and salón. It is cheap but ca 10 minutes walk to the city center and it is not suuuper clean.

Pretty dank, unorganized Breakfast included was really dissappointing

Meiga Backpackers is located pretty close to the center of Santiago, everything is within 10 minutes walking distance and there is a supermarket right next to it. I didn't really meet other people there because the atmosphere was not like I am used to from other backpacker's. The hostel itself was okay, the bathrooms were not that clean but for that price, I did not expect too much! So I would say the value for money was quite good!

All the volunteers were really friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was really good and there was lots of it, and you could help yourself to tea during the day. Very well located for the bus station and the city. Bathrooms are pretty retro, but they do the job. Also loved that the hostel had a garden, was great to get the sun in the morning.

Nice enough, near-ish the centre and cheap!

There's no lock on the room doors and generally it's bordering on gross everywhere. Even though I said I had to check out at 9 and the guy said that it was no problem, there wasn't anyone in the reception when I went to do it. There's breakfast, but the kitchen is so dirty that you don't really feel like eating. There's only four lockers in a room with six beds

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Really nice place with a beautiful garden and fun people :-)

I had a great stay here at Meiga, it was very social, I made lots of friends, and even though I hadn't done the camino I learnt a lot about it from other walkers. Although there weren't locks on the dormitory doors, I felt very safe as it was a welcoming atmosphere. The hot water in the shower was excellent!

It's a good option for people who want to save money. It's very close to the city centre, but the wi-fi connection is not good and the building needs a renovation. The girl was very nice and the place has a good atmosphere.

• 21st Jun 2014

Great hostel but a bit out of the city centre.

you get a box for your things, but it is not possible to secure them, so you don´t have sure place for your money etc.

It is a a good hostel, in a very convenient location.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Very nice hostel with a chill out friendly atmosphere!

Awesome place to meet other travelers passing through! the place is cozy and fun with stuff happening most evenings. totally recommend this place!

• 29th May 2014

Do not stay here if travelling alone. The huge group of staff members hung around the common areas all day and were very unwelcoming. Only one of them ever acknowledged my existence! They lock u outside the hostel for a few hours during the day to clean despite the fact that all my belongings were inside, the owner literally refused to let me back in until 1pm. When I did come back in the roomies was staying in was still filthy. I don't know when they last cleaned under the beds!

The hostel is nice and has a good atmosphere. Rooms are clean, though it Ian't very pretty - but for the price you can't expect more. I liked the staff a lot, the guests we're really nice as well.

Very friendly greeting even though I arrived after 10pm. Good atmosphere and facilities. Fairly close to the centre.

There was no hot water the whole time i was there and the wifi only worked on the ground floor. My sheets also looked like they´d been dropped on the way to my bed and pretty much all of the lockers were broken. BUT the staff are really great and the atmosphere is the best i´ve experienced so far on my trip. So stay here if youre not highly strung and want to make friends and have fun. If youre looking for luxury this is not the place.

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels