Meiga Backpackers Reviews

Calle Basqui�os 67, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

All the volunteers were really friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was really good and there was lots of it, and you could help yourself to tea during the day. Very well located for the bus station and the city. Bathrooms are pretty retro, but they do the job. Also loved that the hostel had a garden, was great to get the sun in the morning.

Nice enough, near-ish the centre and cheap!

There's no lock on the room doors and generally it's bordering on gross everywhere. Even though I said I had to check out at 9 and the guy said that it was no problem, there wasn't anyone in the reception when I went to do it. There's breakfast, but the kitchen is so dirty that you don't really feel like eating. There's only four lockers in a room with six beds

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Really nice place with a beautiful garden and fun people :-)

I had a great stay here at Meiga, it was very social, I made lots of friends, and even though I hadn't done the camino I learnt a lot about it from other walkers. Although there weren't locks on the dormitory doors, I felt very safe as it was a welcoming atmosphere. The hot water in the shower was excellent!

It's a good option for people who want to save money. It's very close to the city centre, but the wi-fi connection is not good and the building needs a renovation. The girl was very nice and the place has a good atmosphere.

• 21st Jun 2014

Great hostel but a bit out of the city centre.

you get a box for your things, but it is not possible to secure them, so you don´t have sure place for your money etc.

It is a a good hostel, in a very convenient location.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Very nice hostel with a chill out friendly atmosphere!

Awesome place to meet other travelers passing through! the place is cozy and fun with stuff happening most evenings. totally recommend this place!

• 29th May 2014

Do not stay here if travelling alone. The huge group of staff members hung around the common areas all day and were very unwelcoming. Only one of them ever acknowledged my existence! They lock u outside the hostel for a few hours during the day to clean despite the fact that all my belongings were inside, the owner literally refused to let me back in until 1pm. When I did come back in the roomies was staying in was still filthy. I don't know when they last cleaned under the beds!

The hostel is nice and has a good atmosphere. Rooms are clean, though it Ian't very pretty - but for the price you can't expect more. I liked the staff a lot, the guests we're really nice as well.

Very friendly greeting even though I arrived after 10pm. Good atmosphere and facilities. Fairly close to the centre.

There was no hot water the whole time i was there and the wifi only worked on the ground floor. My sheets also looked like they´d been dropped on the way to my bed and pretty much all of the lockers were broken. BUT the staff are really great and the atmosphere is the best i´ve experienced so far on my trip. So stay here if youre not highly strung and want to make friends and have fun. If youre looking for luxury this is not the place.

The cleaners are volunteers, so I guess I can give the lack of cleanliness a pass, but please tell them is is not ok to mop the bathroom,hallway,rooms,stairs with the same bucket of water.

the hostel is in a really good location with a nice garden and nice common room and kitchen but the dormitory doors did not lock which I have never experienced in a hostal before. Also my bed had no plugs near it so I had to use a plug on the other side of the room. the bed linen smelt and I had to have a freezing cold shower the next day. cheap yes but not good value.

• 9th May 2014

Great place with a big kitchen and lounge area, the rooms were nicely laid out with plenty of room to breathe even when the room was full. the staff were amazing, they took us out to their favorite haunts to have wine and food. I had a really good time, many thanks to all the staff!!

Me encantó el buen trato y el buen rollo del lugar. Las camas están cómodas y aunque no sea en el centro, está bien ubicado. Por lo que vi de los otros hostales del camino, recomendaría que utilicen las mallas estas desechables para las camas y almohadas.....y que cortinas en la habitación 1 porque entra mucha luz por la noche. Cositas sencillas...todo lo demás muy bien.

It was a small, laid back kind of hostel. The staff and volunteers were very friendly and willing to help. It smelled smokey throughout the hostel because of the woodstove downstairs but that's a comforting smell (and a great place to dry wet shoes). There was free breakfast and other free food throughout the day. I told them I get cold easily and they brought an extra blanket up to my room. Very friendly place!

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels