Meiga Backpackers Reviews

Calle Basqui�os 67, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Great room with beautiful walls and art, clean and friendly.

What this place lacked in amenities it made up for in atmosphere. It was almost friendly hostel. More attention to the hot water would be helpful.

The hostel was great. A good atmosphere and people of all ages. The staff were extremely helpful and informative. The town of Santiago is a must see, it's beautiful and the architecture and history is special. Great nightlife with plenty of bars and restaurants. I don't feel enough people know about this little gem.

Not clean enough. The staff is okay and the breakfast is not included at weekends and they don't worry if there is a lack of whatever.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Good location, pretty close to bus station, well equipped kitchen and nice common rooms. Dorm beds are standard and ok. Bathrooms are mouldy and were dirty and flooded in the morning. Definitely pay cash, staff has no clue how to use credit card machine which resulted in false bookings on our credit card account. No response from the hostel to that issue yet.

• 4th Sep 2014

i never got robbed in a Hostal! it was the first time for me

• 25th Aug 2014

It is more a kind of hippieflat than a hostel, the staff is very young and you meet a lot of people as it is not too big and has a nice garden and salón. It is cheap but ca 10 minutes walk to the city center and it is not suuuper clean.

Pretty dank, unorganized Breakfast included was really dissappointing

Meiga Backpackers is located pretty close to the center of Santiago, everything is within 10 minutes walking distance and there is a supermarket right next to it. I didn't really meet other people there because the atmosphere was not like I am used to from other backpacker's. The hostel itself was okay, the bathrooms were not that clean but for that price, I did not expect too much! So I would say the value for money was quite good!

All the volunteers were really friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was really good and there was lots of it, and you could help yourself to tea during the day. Very well located for the bus station and the city. Bathrooms are pretty retro, but they do the job. Also loved that the hostel had a garden, was great to get the sun in the morning.

Nice enough, near-ish the centre and cheap!

There's no lock on the room doors and generally it's bordering on gross everywhere. Even though I said I had to check out at 9 and the guy said that it was no problem, there wasn't anyone in the reception when I went to do it. There's breakfast, but the kitchen is so dirty that you don't really feel like eating. There's only four lockers in a room with six beds

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Really nice place with a beautiful garden and fun people :-)

I had a great stay here at Meiga, it was very social, I made lots of friends, and even though I hadn't done the camino I learnt a lot about it from other walkers. Although there weren't locks on the dormitory doors, I felt very safe as it was a welcoming atmosphere. The hot water in the shower was excellent!

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels