Meiga Backpackers Reviews

Calle Basqui�os 67, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Everything is ok, staff very professional and kind but PLEASE: the cleanliness of all the bathrooms were very very very poor.

• 16th Oct 2015

The hostel has pretty convenient location - right half way between the central bus station and the town centre. Staff was friendly and helpful. Although there was always just one bathroom (1 toilet + 1 shower) on each floor, we didn't have to wait long and there was enough hot water. A little disadvantage is that there is only 1 fridge for the whole hostel and it was completely full.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

decent, happy enough. didnt see the shisha though. AND there was no curfew which was great

The Hostel was okay, exactly what I was looking for with a lot of young people from every part of the world. At night it was really quiet I think also because the living room and the kitchen are apart from the bedrooms, so I could sleep quiet well. The garden also was a personal highlight such as the big common rooms in general. One negative point is that the stuff doesn't answer the mails or the phone, so when I arrived at about midnight (because of travel problems), there was nobody.

• 19th Aug 2015

I like the idea of they are trying to be a laid back kind of hostel and trying to generate an atmosphere by having food nights etc. However, I think it could do with a bit of a face lift throughout - they have a nice garden which so much could be done with. Also, the bathroom could do with modernising or at least being cleaned regularly.

Good located hostel, close to bus station and city center. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel has a nice garden and a big and nice living room, it's practical that you can use the kitchen for cooking. Only the breakfast was a bit limited and towels/bedlinen/bathrooms etc. could have been cleaner.

Great hostel, near the bus station and downtown. Staff is also awesome, proposing many activities everyday. I wish I could have stayed more :)

I just completed the Camino de Santiago and was sick, and wanted to get a good rest for the first time in 5 weeks, so I booked 2 nights here. At 10:30, I was woken up by the staff and told that I needed to leave the hostel until 13:30 so that they could clean. I've never heard of a hostel kicking a guest out of their bed so that they can clean "without them in the way". Even for Spain, this was terrible and unfriendly service.

In all the albergues during the camino they "kick you out" probably at 8a.m...? We ask our guests to leave the hostel from 11:00 to 12:00 (not to 13:30!!!) only an hour so we can do the cleaning, otherwise is impossible for us. In a place where you don't have a private room and bathroom, where the facilities are shared we need a moment when there is no people around, steping on what we are cleaning...this happens in every hostel I've been to.

This hostel had plenty of room, good kitchen, nice garden for relaxing with people and a lounge room. It was social, they have sangria nights and it felt very tight knit and friendly. The staff were a bit unprofessional because some were volunteers. Breakfast was terrible. It was okay for one night and pretty good value for money. It was easy to walk to the old town centre but it was a bit of a hill to come back up!

A nice friendly hostel located to the north of the centre, pretty close to wear you want to be. Nice garden at the back of the hostel, big kitchen, nice atmosphere too.

Take better care of cleanliness. Specially regarding to the bathroom and kitchen.

It is well located because is not very far from the oldtown and the bus station, although it was very loud during the night. Each night there was a trash machine coming, some crazy man screaming in the street and throwing bottles of glass, it was very hard to sleep and to rest.

They all made me feel so welcome and I would recommend this place to anyone. It is only a 5 minute walk from the bus station and a 10 minutes walk from the centre. I would go back again.

It's not a bad hostel, close to the bus station and not far from downtown. The room and the bathrooms are big and clean. The breakfast could be better. I arrived in the city a day before and I was very badly received, they neither kept my luggage until the next day, so I needed to walk through the city in a rainy day with two big suitcases looking for a hostel and it was really bad. Next day, with the reservation, the staff were more helpful.

Badly received? You mean, you did not have a reservation and, unfortunately, we where full and could not accomodate you?

Great location, nice vibe in the hostel, organize nice activities

• 5th Jun 2015