Meiga Backpackers Reviews

Calle Basqui�os 67, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

A nice friendly hostel located to the north of the centre, pretty close to wear you want to be. Nice garden at the back of the hostel, big kitchen, nice atmosphere too.

Take better care of cleanliness. Specially regarding to the bathroom and kitchen.

It is well located because is not very far from the oldtown and the bus station, although it was very loud during the night. Each night there was a trash machine coming, some crazy man screaming in the street and throwing bottles of glass, it was very hard to sleep and to rest.

They all made me feel so welcome and I would recommend this place to anyone. It is only a 5 minute walk from the bus station and a 10 minutes walk from the centre. I would go back again.

It's not a bad hostel, close to the bus station and not far from downtown. The room and the bathrooms are big and clean. The breakfast could be better. I arrived in the city a day before and I was very badly received, they neither kept my luggage until the next day, so I needed to walk through the city in a rainy day with two big suitcases looking for a hostel and it was really bad. Next day, with the reservation, the staff were more helpful.

Badly received? You mean, you did not have a reservation and, unfortunately, we where full and could not accomodate you?

Great location, nice vibe in the hostel, organize nice activities

• 5th Jun 2015

Great hostel for meeting other travellers and visiting Santiago, very friendly and welcoming staff always during my stay made my trip a really fantastic time every day at the hostel, kitchen is large and easy to store and prepare food any time day or night living room is large and sociable also has great art work painted by a beautiful Colombian girl Hi ! Very near the bus station and easy walk to Santiago Centro

• 10th May 2015

I came to the hostel with not very high expectations for the low (kind of deserved) price i paid. The hostel in general has a very nice atmosphere: good kitchen, living room, and rooms... But its not clean at all. Bathroom and kitchen especially were bad! Wifi doesnt reach any place of the hostel, and using the computer they provide is expensive. Location is not bad, but overall i would try to get another place if possible. However, if you find no other option, this is a decent plan C.

Breakfast was very poor. The staff would play music very loud at any time of the day. The reception looks a mess.

I've been travelling around the UK and Europe for four months now, and I think this is my favourite place I've stayed. Located in an incredibly handy spot, close to the bus station and a short stroll from the town centre, Meiga is a friendly, comfortable, and warm place to stay. The shower was hot and clean, the internet worked perfectly, and the vibe was welcoming but chilled out.

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels