Melaleuca On Mitchell Reviews

52 Mitchell Street, Darwin, Australia

Although i didn't stay much long, it's a perfect place for partying people!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Cockroaches, very poor kitchen, dirty floors, smelly sheets...

Huge Party-Place. People start at noon with shots. I found only 4 outlets in the common area. kitchen very dirty. location top but shuttle bus to airport $36 (return).

It is a very big hostel in the centre so it is a log of party there. The rooms are clean and quite. Peter Pans is just the next door for free wifi! No power points in the room.

Great place. Pool was lovely, location was great and people were friendly.

This is a party hostel, nice pool, nice and cheap pool bar, it's on the main street and yet we could sleep very well. Downsides: you have to leave deposits for the key, the linen, the plates, the forks, the knives... a bit too much in my opinion. Plus, the internet is not free (14$ for a day, come on!).

The Melaleuca has all the facilities you could need - pool, good showers, big kitchen, washing machines and dryers. The location is probably the best in Darwin. You have to pay for wifi but it's not expensive ($14 for a week) You don't really get a wifi connection in your dorm but there are 'hot spots'. The 'mixed dorms' are not actually mixed, there is a whole floor that only girls are allowed on. I left some food in the communal kitchen (marked correctly) and it was gone after 2 days.

Nice party hostel in the centre of Darwin. Nice atmosphere. The bar and pool are is the best. The beds were not the best ones and there are no showers for females in the first floor. The kitchen didn't have cutlery or plates. Good place to meet people.

Room #35 what the fck

• 27th May 2015

kitchen stinks as hell but is quite clean and has enough stoves and room in the fridges. Rooms(4-bed female dorm) are very clean and spacious with big lockers. there is a small pool and clean, sufficient amenities. only 2 out of 10 machines are working.

Good sized rooms with lockers. Good kitchen facilities (and opposite a big Coles supermarket) and with an excellent location virtually opposite the transit station a block back from the esplanade. Felt like quite a party atmosphere (as did most of the neighbouring bars and hostels) so perhaps not so good for those seeking a quieter place, but fine for a night or so. Great for organising tours etc.

When I asked reception to use cuttlery for cooking, they told me that they didn't have any left, but I could go and buy some at Coles!

Yeah, hostel is perfectly situated In mitchell street. Its got a great setup and allows for plenty of socialising with its common area. Security was pretty good. All in all I was very happy with my stay

Nice hostel. Lacks a common area that isn't a bar or pool but we had a private room so it was fine. Always a crowd at the bar and lovely pool area, kitchen small and very warm!! Staff were incompetent to say the least, for example, couldn't find forks for our kitchen sets, didn't program our room key correctly and when we asked if there was a female toilet/shower room on our floor we were told no and to use upstairs but we later found one on our floor. Otherwise, it was a nice enough stay.

Definitely a party hostel if that's what you're looking for. It's in a really good location right on the main strip of Darwin, but just be prepared to hear music pretty loud into the night. The pool/bar area was a cool place to hangout.

Melaleuca is right in the heart of Mitchell street, which is party central. If this is what you're looking for, I'd stay here. If not, I wouldn't. Nice staff, but no free wifi. Nice pool but lacks a communal area without loud music. There are so many people staying here that cooking is a bit difficult, but the kitchen is satisfactory.

MoM was a place us we flew to Darwin late. Other than that it was only so so. Staff seemed less competent and it was one hell of a party vibe.

Pool area is by far the best part of this hostel. Other than that nothing amazing. Rooms were hardly cleaned other than emptying the rubbish bins. Only 2 power spaces available in a room for 4. Kitchen is way to small and I hate that you have to rent bowls spoons forks knives etc. I'd stay here again since its one of the cheapest hostels but not one of best hostels I've been to.

Don't stay here if you like to chill out or sleep :( Real party hostel, if that's what you want it'd be great The hobs in the kitchen don't really work There's a few things that need fixed that would only take a few minutes, eg. the water fountain The rooms are so cold!!! And pretty cramped once theyre full. It wasn't awful but it wasn't great either

This is a big hostel, I generally don't like big hostels. And despite what it says on the website this hostel does not do mixed dorms. I stayed here twice in 2 seperate bookings, both times I asked for a mixed dorm, on my second booking I stressed that I wanted a mixed dorm but both times I was put on the girls only floor. When I questioned this they said it was not a mistake, they said they often change bookings without asking because there were too many girls. Also not enough power points.