Melaleuca Surfside Backpackers Reviews

2 Koala Place, One Mile Beach, Port Stephens, Australia

Great owners! Mick and Michelle are awesome. The hostel is surrounded by nature and they are also taking care of sick/injured animals. Do not book via hostelworld though. Easier to just give them a call. I paid 7 dollars extra per night because I booked via hostelworld.

Nice place, cheap, very clean, close to the beach and with a great atmosphere. It's surrounded by nature, so there are many spiders everywhere too, but I was informed that they don't hurt us and that they are common in Australia. I loved the kangaroo that they have as a pet and the birds there. I was not lucky with my mattress, it was uncomfortable. People going by public transportation should plan the trip in advance: the bus services are not frequent at all.

View all Port Stephens Hostels