Melaleuca Surfside Backpackers Reviews

2 Koala Place, One Mile Beach, Port Stephens, Australia

Nice place, cheap, very clean, close to the beach and with a great atmosphere. It's surrounded by nature, so there are many spiders everywhere too, but I was informed that they don't hurt us and that they are common in Australia. I loved the kangaroo that they have as a pet and the birds there. I was not lucky with my mattress, it was uncomfortable. People going by public transportation should plan the trip in advance: the bus services are not frequent at all.

We arrived after dark so it was a bit creepy finding the reception and getting to our rooms :D place is lovely, but keep in mind that this is a very outdoorsy place, my friend freaked out a bit beceuse i don't mention it beforehand haha

View all Port Stephens Hostels