Melbourne Central YHA

8.4
Fabulous 311 Total Reviews

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Amazing staff. So friendly and created such an awesome atmosphere

• Australia, Male, 25-30
27th Jul 2017
8.0

The staff absolutely saved my bacon at this place. I arrived late at night about 10.30 and the guy had slept in both beds in the room as he assumed no one was coming. When I came back after a late dinner and a beer or two I asked the after hours reception bloke for some more sheets and after I explained the situation he moved me to a new clean room where I was by myself. I think he could tell I was just super tired and didn't want to have to deal with it so he just thought he would be a legend!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

Perfect Hostel. Felt as though we were the only one there so if travelling alone, perhaps a bit lonely.

2nd Jul 2017
6.0

Warning: lots of older people

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
10th Jun 2017
7.4

We had a three person room. The lockers were underneath the beds which weren't the easiest to get to. We stayed during winter and they turn the heaters off during a certain time of day so the room can get quite chilly. The location was great though. Close to everything and right next to a train stop.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

cleans beds and bathrooms, huge kitchen to cook your meals and the most perfect location!

31st May 2017
6.9

Location was pretty close to shops and lots of food options near the river. There was a tram stop right across the street. The facilities were okay although not always the cleanest. Room also could have been cleaner.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
25th May 2017
7.1

Good location and very friendly staff. There's no free WiFi in the rooms and no breakfast. Hostel is a little bit pricey comparing to other cheaper hostels in Melbourne with more free facilities.

11th May 2017

Might need to drop the Y as lots of older travellers staying when I was here. Shared 4 bed room with two 60+year old men who had nightly snoring contests. Lacked abit of atmosphere + one of the more difficult hostels that I stayed in Oz/NZ to meet people. Otherwise good facilities- has breakfast bar/cafe beside reception. 24hr check in. Free CBD tram on doorstep.

• Kazakhstan, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017

Location is very good. I came to Melbourne just for the weekends to see 12 Apostles. I was very happy with my stay.