Melbourne Central YHA Reviews

562 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

The location of the hostel is great - very easy to find and only a short walk from the city centre. But there was a very weird smell in the room (and the adjacent room) which wasn't pleasant. The kitchen wasn't that clean either. Our room was next to a balcony which got very noisy at night - very impressed when a member of staff closed this at 11pm.

Beds are extremely squeaky and it can be difficult to get on the top bunk. The layout makes it kinda hard to meet people. Room got kinda warm but it was the middle of summer. Really didn't like having to pay for internet but it could have been worse. Overall, it's a pretty good hostel and I wouldn't mind staying there again, especially when I need to go to QIT.

Hostel was clean and in a good location. The hostel is easy to get to on the airport shuttle to Southern Cross Station. The first night my bunk was insanely squeaky (I felt sorry for the guy below me), however the staff were only too happy to move me to another room the next night. I'd recommend this hostel, however it is not very social so not the best place to meet people. I also stayed at the YHA in North Melbourne which was more social and had good facilities but a bit further out of town.

Fantastic bathrooms! Complete with glass door and separate change room section with great bench space for clothes. Rooms are quite spacious and very clean.