Melbourne Connection Travellers Hostel Reviews

205 King Street, Victoria, Melbourne, Australia

The facilities were really poor. Doesn't come with pillow and only a sheet for bedding so everyone was freezing. Bathroom and kitchens were both very dirty. Ending up being put it a different room to what i booked, which was tiny and no space for everyones things so we had to keep them on the bed at night.

Bad wifi, unflexible booking, no AC in sleeping room

Not the cleanest hostel, but when you're paying $24/night you shouldn't really be expecting 5-star facilities. Staff was pretty nice and helpful. Decent location right beside Southern Cross and only a 15 min walk to Fed Square.

Toilets are dirty and some doors don't lock so people walk in. The room was too hot no windows. I arrived and the bed was dirty. The bunk above me was broke and I kept thinking the person above was going to fall on me. There was an alcoholic in my room and a fight outside my room. I have travelled many countries and stayed in a lot of hostels this is by far the worst!

• 8th Jan 2016

The door was really difficult to open, no air conditioning, my bed had not been changed, the bathroom were dirty as was the kitchen fulled of dirty dishes, the hostel is not flexible, so when i chose to leave 2 nights before the end of my booked stay, they didn't reimburse me. In others hostels it was possible. Noisy with drunk people... So a bad souvenir from this hostel.

• 7th Jan 2016

The heat, the unbearable heat. I'm not sure if this what every room is like, but the room I got had no windows to open and no air condition. The only relief was a fan, blowing 24/7, which didn't add up to much. So the location was great, the kitchen too small and the heat unbearable

in my two years traveling the world this has definitely been the worst hostel ever. Dirty.dark(no windows). My room had the roof broken .even had glasses or cups to make coffee! kitchen impossible to use by all the dirty things.

No air conditioner is a problem on a hot summer day, except this all the things is great here ,good location and friendly staff :)

Nice staff, good location, safety lockers in the room and great with free wi-fi but the bathrooms was really dirty. The toilet seats almost always wet, hair straws in the sink and on the floor, tops in the fllower pot, dirty floor etc. There is also no soap in the bathrooms. The walls are also really thin which didn't disturb me, but if you sleep lightly a room in the basement or near the kitchen area is not a good idea.

When we arrived the staff were very nice and upgraded us to a double private which was nice. From then on the experience went pretty downhill, the noise was terrible until about 2-3am, the room was very hot, the doors in the bathroom don't lock so people just walk in... Then someone decided to cut their hair in every single bathroom?! Leaving thick hair all over all of the bathrooms for the rest of our stay.. The only thing good about this hostel was the friendly guy who checked us in

The people there are friendly but the place is dirty and the kitchen is really hot and the fridge doesn't work well.

• 20th Dec 2015

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay at the hostel.

• 13th Nov 2015