Melbourne Connection Travellers Hostel

Rating 156 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
5.1

Numbered security lock for late night entrance instead of a key lock. I watched locals on the street unlock the door and have a laugh about it on Saturday night while I stayed at the hostel. Facilities such as showers/bathrooms were extremely dirty, kitchen had large amounts of unwashed dishes which didn't move throughout the weekend, general untidiness/some trash in the guest lounge room. If looking for a cheap place to stay within the CBD, this is it, but don't expect quality or cleanliness.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
16th Jan 2017
2.6

I have stayed in a number of hostels on my travels but Melbourne Connection is hands down the MOST disgusting hostel I have ever stayed in. The kitchen/bedrooms were an absolute disgrace. I'm not a particularly fussy person when it comes to cleanliness but this place was literally filthy. The entire place was covered in dirty dishes and gone off food. It appeared that the staff were not concerned with the utter state of the kitchen either. Book somewhere else if you have the extra money..

• Australia, Male, 31-40
16th Jan 2017
2.9

This hostel is by far the filthiest place I have ever stayed. When we came back to our room late at night someone was sleeping in my bed. There was no glass in a window. The bathroom was horrible and looked like it had never been cleaned. Power boards were plugged into each other and extension cords running along floors creating a fire and tripping hazard. The sheets they gave me were stained in about 20 places. I will be very surprised if I don't contract some horrendous disease from staying.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
13th Nov 2016
4.3

Really noisy way into the night and toilets are always filthy

30th Aug 2016
3.7

BE AWARE OF THOS PLACE!!! I travel a lot and I understand that for the price I pay I cant expect much but the standard of this place is lower than a public toilet!!! When I asked for refund because I didn't wanted to stay there as the place is to dirty (They have given me a bed with big stain mixed with blood in urine on it... but It's not only about the bed as they changed it for me all this place is so so dirty) staff just told me that its impossible because of their strict refund policy!!!