Melbourne Connection Travellers Hostel Reviews

205 King Street, Victoria, Melbourne, Australia

This was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Its filthy, riddled with bed bugs and cockroaches (including in the kitchen) and has inadequate facilities. The staff on the whole were nice enough (apart from the night manager my first night who threatened to give another guest a black eye) but they don't seem to care at all. The sheets were grey and dirty, and they managed to overbook the filthy dorm I was in. Do NOT stay here!

Dirty, cockroaches, bed bugs... wouldn't stay there again!

It's allright. Cheap, average hostel with ok facilities. Slept in the 10bed dorm and it was really dirty. Some of the securitylockers was broken so had to shear with my friend, which was ok but still.! I got bedbugs in my first bed and after three nights I switched bed but when I woke up I had even more bites.. Stayed at the hostel in the beginning of January so the tempature was over 40 degrees and I was melting. Didn't have ac or not even a fan! I didn't liked it and I'm not that picky..

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Don't believe in the pictures!! It was the dirtiest hostel i've ever been! The bathrooms are disgusting, even when they were "cleaned".

Beds and mattresses were needing replaced as they were in awful condition.

This hostel was not very clean at all. All facilities very old and worn out. Though, staff was very friendly and location was great.