Melbourne International Backpackers Reviews

450 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Australia

Is good hostel, excellent location, very clean, only the builder is very old, for 20 o 22 dollars for night is to mach, come back.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Good hostel, friendly staff, free coffee and tea, short walk to cbd.

Overall I'm happy staying here!!!! Especially their shower. Perfect location and very near to the city. Stay here highly recommended.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Decent place! They have a reading room, which is really nice if people in your room are sleeping or being loud. Enjoyed my stay.

Definitely a great place to stay. Only thing wrong was the room temperature. I was freezing my ... of. In the kitchen it was fine dough. Probably not going to be a problem in the summer time.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Awesome location, nice atmosphere, the taps are shrieking like crazy in the women's bathrooms though. Kitchen always spotless, but stoves don't get hot enough. Good cleaning staff, nice reception staff who is really motivated to make a good impression on people. A certain Irish night receptionist got way more relaxed and easygoing since the last time I've been there (and reviewed). He's also kinda goodlooking. The place is my favourite place to stay in Melbourne, highly recommended.

Excellent hostel! Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are all clean and spacious! There was a good deal for staying longer and breakfast is included. No complaints here, highly recommend it.

-The tidiness impressed me (room, kitchen, bathroom

Beds too small and not very comfortable, hobs in the kitchen do not work, people only drinking in the kitchen... Nothing special here!

We had some friendly staff and some really cranky staff. The breakfast was great and the washrooms, bedrooms and common area were all very clean! I was most impressed after we left, as I forgot a valuable item and figured someone would have snatched it, but after emailing in to see if they could find it the staff were prompt and honest and I was able to go back to pick it up.

A nice, open communal kitchen and eating space. Access via an elevator and corridor which separates you from the noise of the street which is a plus. Easy access to the hostel after 8pm with key swipe entry, which is safe and convenient. Very pleased with the shower and toilet facilities as well as their cleanliness and space. The mood of the staff varied, though. The fellow at check in was friendly but the girl at check out seemed to be having a bad morning. But overall, a pleasant stay! Thanks

• 18th Apr 2014

Thanks for your great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our hostel hostel. Happy Travels MIB Staff and Management

The best hostel where I've been in all the world, very clean, great position and great price.

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so pleased you enjoyed our hostel. Best of luck with your future travels in Australia. MIB Staff and Management

The whole hostel had a smell of urine and the cleanliness of the facility left a lot to be desired. My girlfriend left with a rash on her face and their seemed to be a distinct lack of interest in the well being of the guests.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Thanks for taking the time to leave as a review The staff are completely baffled by your review as we are often told that our hostel cleanliness is fantastic. Our staff work hard to provide clean rooms, bathrooms and common areas for everyone to enjoy. We have had guest in the past that are sensitive to the starch used by the professional linen cleaning company we use. In these cases we just provide in-house machine washed sheets for them to us. Happy Travels MIB Staff and Management

Hostel was ok not the best one I ever stayed. Free Breakfast with Pancakes is cool. Otherwise staff seemed quite bored and not interessted in solving problems. Each time I wantet to use the bathroom it was closed due cleaning proces. Had to go with the lift one floor down, and bathroom was closed as well. Again going with the lift no stairs:-( one floor down. Missed a TV room or common chill out room.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We have a huge male and female bathroom on all three levels of the hostel that are cleaned at different times during the morning. Our hostel has two lifts and two sets of stairs just to the left and right of the elevators for guests to use. We have a large kitchen and dinning area plus a TV room and reading room to chill out in. Happy Travels MIB Staff and Management

It's very central but because of that it's loud quite often. The atmosphere in the kitchen/ coucharea is very relaxed and friendly and you get free breakfast every morning :)

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Best of luck with you future travels in Australia MIB Staff and Management

I've stayed at MIB several times in Melbourne and despite the fact that it can get a bit rowdy at night due to overexcited young travellers, it's a great place to stay. Free breakfast, coffee and tea. Ample storage and cooking space,the showers are cleaned by professional staff (not backpackers) and it's BYO alcohol and consumption until 1am. I would recommend this place to others.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review. We look forward to you staying with us in the future. Happy Travels MIB Staff and Management

When we arrived the girl at the reception look quite uninterrested. In the third floor four out of eight womens toilets were out of order which doesnt look good for the hostel.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review as we appreciate all feedback. We apologies if the staff member was not more interested in you arrival but we really are happy to have any travelers visiting Melbourne come stay at our hostel. Any issues in the bathrooms are reported daily by our cleaning staff and repairs done as soon as possible to provide full service for our guests. Happy Travels MIB Staff and Management

Breakfast's awesome, kitchen always spotless, great location, great prices - Irish dude from the reception is very grumpy all the time. Also it's very loud at nights.