Melbourne Metro YHA Reviews

78 Howard Street, North Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia

I arrived there after a long trip and had this rude man at the reception. He acted like a backpacker is an upper class than him or something like that. It's not a hostel to make friends. After my experience with the staff and the atmosphere I left earlier than I planned. Anyways, it's clean but WiFi is expensive. I wouldn't go there again. Maybe someone should teach staff to smile and say hello...

We are sorry to hear you did not have as good of a stay as possible, friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere are really important to us. Your review has been passed onto the manager to be discussed and used as part of our continual improvement program.

Great hostel with all the facilities you need! The location is actually perfect. Its easy to get to the city centre yet quiet when you need a good night sleep.

The first hostel where I didn't feel quite welcome.Staff were not the usual backpaker friendly people I'm used to. I had my charger stolen in the room (no personal charge points)and they wouldn't charge the phone at reception. You have to pay to use the computers, wifi.The $6.50 breakfast is not really worth it - instant coffee and toast. The whole atmosphere in this place does not carry the traveler spirit. It is more of a family orientated place and far too big if you want tomeet people.