Melbourne's Home Hostel Reviews

Room D Floor13 Hua Min Building, No. 1001 Renmin South Road Luohu District, Shenzhen, China

SHADY. Got an email a few days before arriving from a staff member, saying apparently the government wouldn't let foreigners stay in the hostel building anymore, so he would meet me at the old address and escort me to the new location. Since I knew nothing about where this new location was, I passed and stayed at a hotel. I have no idea if it was just a bad circumstance, but in case this is some kind of scam I wanted people to know.

Location is exactly as described, 200m for Luo Hu mrt stop exit and building right next to shangri la. A good clean bed for cheap. Apartment turned into hostel. Receptionist was not familiar with hostelworld and didn't seem to speak English but was fine with me paying required amount and didn't ask too many questions. May not have been regular receptionist though as I arrived at 11p. Dorm was 8 beds instead of advertised 6, though still all girls. Wifi worked fine. Mostly Chinese guests.

• 3rd Jan 2015

We spent two nights at Mellbourn's Home Hostel in Shenzhen and we enoyed our stay there. The hostel were clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was very warm. Afterwards i would say it was the best choice for our weekend trip.

Needs to mount shelves in bathroom and sleeping rooms. Very inconvenient to use bathroom without shelving