Mellow Yellow Villa Reviews

Rua Republica do Peru, 444, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I have nothing to say about the hostel because I didnt's have the chance to stay , neither hostelworld or Mellow Yellow informed me that the site was under construction, the booking was confirmed so I arrived early in the morning with my bags to find what seems to be an abandoned space, the security guard told us they where closed, so i had to start walking to find another hotel all because no one had the decency to let us know. Worst experience i've ever had traveling.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

The place was off for electric service. It had no light for the whole weekend and yet I was able to make reservations the night before getting there... =( The guy informed us with no further apologies. Which makes me believe that I make more importance of his business than himself. I particularly choose that hostel because years ago I stood there and it was great great great. But it is now in a different building and, definitely in a different state of mind.

• 24th Oct 2014

Hostel World should be updated to reflect their new "deal". When I showed up they said I would be receiving 50% off my stay. Great news to me! HOWEVER, that is because after the World Cup the owner refused to pay the electric bill so the hostel has been without power ever since. No lights, no wifi, no A/C, no fans, no chargers for anything electronic, no nothing. I can be without one or two of those things, but no lights after 5 PM? No thanks! I left promptly and had already paid deposit.

Management : The lights being were a result of a the main electric board blow as a result of the heat over here the hostel since the middle of sept has being without lights due to the fact that the building is being rewired for the 2015 high season. The hostel will be up and running properly at the end of november, thank you

It was the worst hostel i have been in, to start we got to the place that had no lights, no security, no body at the reception so we were stuck outside for 30+ min knocking on the door, finaly someone came to the door to let us in while he was saying good bye to to the hooker he had been with the night before and ofcoarse makeing sure that she would come back later with some friends, when he decided to take us on a tour he showed us where he also did a couple lines of cocaine after that we left

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Peru

To hear this is hard to belive, considering the hostel is closed for the month of october due to rewiring of the building, again sorry you were not informed before your party arrived but making false comments is not needed, thank you

breakfast its not like them wrote, sometimes late and if you dont wake up early you are not gonna eat nothing. staff is not nice.

It was a fun exciting place to stay with a good Party atmosphere. However some staff were quite useless especially one of the girls who is there to just drink every night and not ableto do her job or know anything you ask her. Also forgetting to put out breakfast so for my whole stay I only got the breakfast I paid for once, which was good when I had it! Other than that it's a good hostel to stay in.

• 19th Jul 2014