Mellow Yellow Villa Reviews

Rua Republica do Peru, 444, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hostel World should be updated to reflect their new "deal". When I showed up they said I would be receiving 50% off my stay. Great news to me! HOWEVER, that is because after the World Cup the owner refused to pay the electric bill so the hostel has been without power ever since. No lights, no wifi, no A/C, no fans, no chargers for anything electronic, no nothing. I can be without one or two of those things, but no lights after 5 PM? No thanks! I left promptly and had already paid deposit.

It was the worst hostel i have been in, to start we got to the place that had no lights, no security, no body at the reception so we were stuck outside for 30+ min knocking on the door, finaly someone came to the door to let us in while he was saying good bye to to the hooker he had been with the night before and ofcoarse makeing sure that she would come back later with some friends, when he decided to take us on a tour he showed us where he also did a couple lines of cocaine after that we left

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Peru

To hear this is hard to belive, considering the hostel is closed for the month of october due to rewiring of the building, again sorry you were not informed before your party arrived but making false comments is not needed, thank you

breakfast its not like them wrote, sometimes late and if you dont wake up early you are not gonna eat nothing. staff is not nice.

It was a fun exciting place to stay with a good Party atmosphere. However some staff were quite useless especially one of the girls who is there to just drink every night and not ableto do her job or know anything you ask her. Also forgetting to put out breakfast so for my whole stay I only got the breakfast I paid for once, which was good when I had it! Other than that it's a good hostel to stay in.

• 19th Jul 2014

One of the better hostels to stay at in Rio. Just a concern that the staff never knew which beds were occupied and by whom (but in fairness this was during WC month), some people staying at the back packers never had breakfast, once it was finished, there wasn't any additional breakfast made for people who never received any, hostel can work on this. Wifi was good, bathroom facilities too, rooms very spacious. Would return and recommend.

This hostel is in a great location and has the potential to be great except a lot of poor staffing and their actions really let it down. There were a few double booked beds, had to really hassle one staff member for toilet paper and if you weren't first in for breakfast you missed out. The atmosphere was good of a night time at the bar and the drinks were cheap, could use a bit more variety. There was one staff member who really made my trip though, very helpful and knowledgeable, Ekky.

Hostel is close to the copacabana beach and in a good central location. I stayed here for four nights and had a great time. Staff are really lovely and very helpful. This can be a party hostel if you want it to be, however if you want a quiet early night just bring ear plugs and you'll be fine. Breakfast is ok, got to get up early and on time of serving otherwise you'll miss out. Would recommend.

Problems with breakfast and breakfast times. Staff was very stubborn to provide some more breakfast if everything was eaten before the end time. Also breakfast times switched from day to day, looked very random. So it said 9-11am but when we got there at 10.30am we were told that the breakfast time was from 8.30-10.30....

• 2nd May 2014

Management: Upon all arrivals, during all check in's the information of the hostel is told to you, including what time breakfast was, which is 8:30 - 10:30, the time has never changed .

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels