Melon District Marina Reviews

Sancho de Avila 22, Barcelona, Spain

My flight was canceled and I called to see if I could change my booking the same day. I also brought up the issue of the double charge that I didn't notice on hotel world, that I had to pay for 2 people, while the quoted was price for 1 person. When I asked over the phone they said "No worries, we can sort it out when you arrive." Next day the staff told me I had to pay in full for the missed day and for 2 people. There was no flexibility, or friendliness. They lied over the phone.

• 20th Sep 2015

Firstly, check in was incredibly slow. We checked in at 1am - after being robbed on the train. we were finally got to our room, to find NO pillows, towels, linen or blankets. Asked reception, and after looking for a bit he found us an 'upgrade' to a studio apartment. But told us we would have to check out at 12pm the next day wait til 2pm check in where they would find us another room. We were not happy about this and staff only gave us attitude regarding this.

• 5th Sep 2015

We stayed one week at MelonDistrict Marina. This Hostel is very convenient to visit Barcelona, not far from Sagrada Familia and from Historic city center and a metro station station (direct to Sant Station).

No atmosphere and the only general area was shut. Not a hostel, but a student styled hotel. nice facilities though

Location and security great. We were told on arrival as our stay was short we would only be provided with clean towels on the second day of our stay when this didn't happen we spoke to the reception desk and another member of staff told us we would need to pay for clean towels as they are only changed when you stay for 6 days or more , we had to pay for clean towels and we were not provided with replacement toilet paper either when we asked for it .

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

It isnt the best location.

• 2nd Jul 2015