Mendoza Backpackers Reviews

San Lorenzo 19, Mendoza, Argentina

v. noisy, not only because of the street but because of the music in reception and the lack of doors meaning that noise from ping pong and other guests carried a lot. breakfast was good, i was offered some even upon arriving and pastries and coffee is left out all day depending on how much is left over. at no point are you given a key to the building or room so have to depend on staff being there to let you in. Staff were happy to answer questions but not very outgoing, even to spanish speakers

• 13th Sep 2014

Although it was really quiet in the hostel I enjoyed being here because of the friendly staff which were definitely helpful explaining a lot about the city and tours available. The atmosphere is really good in the hostel but it was very quiet so I cannot confirm how it is when it is busy. I had a 4 person room which was oke because I slept there in my own but maybe when sleeping with 4 people it might be a bit of the small side but don't botter since you won't stay in the room anyway (ge

• 27th Aug 2014

The breakfasts are the highlight here. The kitchen is in a desperate need of supplies making it nearly impossible to cook. Some of the rooms are really tiny, so bit of the luck lf the draw. The staff are helpful, and the rooftop bar is nice. Overall, it's good for what you pay.

I had a great stay here!! The breakfast is really good, the staff really friendly and it's in a great, central location. The hostel offers lots of tours and activities too. The dorm I was in had its own bathroom which was a bonus. Just one complaint, the kitchen wasn't very well equipped or kept that clean. But otherwise, everything was good and.I'd highly recommend a stay here!

Staff didnt speak much English but were friendly. Dorm room never got cleaned, we were there for 3 nights. I was told the oven didnt work but it actually did.

A very simple hostel and good value. Well positioned not too far from the bus station. Staff very helpful and place clean. It is old and has character, and this can sometimes extend to basic showers and a very simple kitchen. The plumbing needs maintenance. In reality Mendoza is cheap and it's activities take you out of town often. This is a good hostel and I would stay here again.

Thanks for your comment. We hope you can be here again

In generral it is a good Hostel full of young people. Many options for breakfast, and friendly and helpfull staff. Internet works correctly and it is close to the main streets of the city.

Thanks for your comment

The staff were really helpful and very friendly!

Thaks for your comment!!!!

Everything was brilliant, the loacation and the best media luna I´ve had thus far in Argentina, made waking up for High Andes day tour (booked through the hostle and highly reccommened and good value) easy as they´re warm at 7am in the morning! Perfect location for a quick stop over in the city, very comfy room with all the neccessities. The en suite bathrooms could have been slightly more clean, but the main bathrooms were perfect and it didn,t at all effect my very lovely stay! Excellent.

• 27th May 2014

Thanks for your comment, it was really good that you stayed in our hostel

Excellent location, close to banks, 5 blocks from the terminal and 10 blocks from the bars. People in the hostel are very nice and helpful. The cleanliness was good an the breakfast was very complete. Really a good place to spend a few days. I recommend it!!!

The hostel is located at the center of Mendoza City next to several banks, restaurants and approximately 5 blocks from Aristides street where all discotheques and bars are located. Its staff is very kind with the passengers. Instalations are clean and in good conditions. Lockers are available in each room. The hostel chain organizes good parties and provides good touristic information. You can also book for tours at the hostel. It´s been a pleasure for me to stay there. I hope to be back!!!

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Kitchen facilities somewhat limited. We had lockers in our room, but the backs were coming off, though since there was only my friend and I in our 4 bed dorm it didn't matter for the time that we were there. There is a 'bar' upstairs - more of a common area with beer for sale and a table tennis table which was a bonus!

I loved this hostel, the staff is awesome, the atmosphere is very good, everything was just good. The rooms are quiet even though people are partying, you can get a good night sleep or you can party upstairs in the common room - it's a place for everybody. Thumbs up for a good breakfast!

Hi, thanks for your comment. We try to have a good hostel and we are very pleased that our efforts have noticed.

We had a lot of insects in the room and in the bathroom. We changed the hostel sooner than planned, because of the insect/animal bites. Note that 6 bed dorm might mean two 3-store bunk beds that are really crumby and dark. Towels are given when asked. Common areas are nice and some of the staff were really understanding when we wanted to change the hostel.