Mendoza Backpackers Reviews

San Lorenzo 19, Mendoza, Argentina

It was quite noisy (the guy at the reception used to listen to music very loud late at night, even if he was alone) and the kitchen was terrible. Small, dirty and not equipped at all, but the worst of all was the fridge. I usually don't really care about the cleanliness of the hostels, but seriously guys It's probably the most disgusting thing I've seen in my whole 7-months travel, I'm pretty sure some food was actually getting to life again... Good point: amazing breakfast

Guy at reception on night shift was very kind and helpful!But hostel was unpleasant ,not clean enough,EXTREMELY slow Internet,all the time need to ask key from your room at reception and after opening bringing back,it's so annoying!

Excellent hostel, the kitchen is just too small and undersupplied.

Wouldn't recommend. A few things stolen from my room. Both clothes and money.

Had a great stay here, would definitely recommend it.

Good hostel

Very nice for the price, lovely terraze with wifi, stuff very helpful, very nice breakfast, nice rooms....but there were bedbugs in room nr 5.. and its still iching...

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Good hostel in a good area in town. Poor breakfast though. The no-key-policy is a bit annoying. Met some nice people there and staff was very friendly.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The toilets were only cleaned once a week and the bins over flowed with dirty toilet issue. The staff didn't care and also told us incorrect information. The dorms were unsafe and also the breakfast was a joke! Do not stay here!!!!

Cockroaches in the female dorm. Dirty and very smelly bathroom upstairs. Kitchen not able to use because too messy and not well equipped. Staff was often ignorant and unwilling to help.

• 29th Nov 2014

Very good personal and good kitchen

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Israel

You get what you paid for. Bad wifi bad showers bad beds bad breakfast. But- cheap

Great location and nice spacious hostel, especially upstairs in the bar and in the dorm rooms. You don't feel like you're on top of one another. The kitchen could do with some more utensils and cooking gear, but otherwise a pretty decent hostel.

• 25th Nov 2014

I stayed for two nights. The 6 bed dorm was spacious the bathrooms are old but cle.an. Really good common area and outside terrace. Breakfast was good with tea and coffee available all day. Staff always helpful and friendly

Great breakfast, nice staff. Good hostel and so cheap!

First it's a very nice place to stay in. Pretty nice staff. The only problem I had is when I wanted to cancel a tour I booked for the next day and they charged me 50% of the value. When I bought the ticket nobody let me know about that neither sign on any thing. Anyway slept in a 6 beds dorm and it was very comfortable and clean. There are nice places where u can sit and relax, enjoy the sun... Nice breakfast, nice rooftop.. Have all kinds of tours to book from there and even bus tickets.

The hostel is nice enough, we got a very good value, and it was relatively clean. HOWEVER- I left my eye glasses in the room, and called them about 20 times trying to get ahold of them to come pick them up. A week later, they finally sent me a short email saying nothing was found. Obviously, my fault for leaving them, but they really should've had better customer service in trying to resolve the problem. Very disappointed in Mondoza Backpackers.

• 4th Oct 2014