Mendoza Backpackers Reviews

San Lorenzo 19, Mendoza, Argentina

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The toilets were only cleaned once a week and the bins over flowed with dirty toilet issue. The staff didn't care and also told us incorrect information. The dorms were unsafe and also the breakfast was a joke! Do not stay here!!!!

• 30th Nov 2014

Cockroaches in the female dorm. Dirty and very smelly bathroom upstairs. Kitchen not able to use because too messy and not well equipped. Staff was often ignorant and unwilling to help.

• 29th Nov 2014

Very good personal and good kitchen

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Israel

You get what you paid for. Bad wifi bad showers bad beds bad breakfast. But- cheap

Great location and nice spacious hostel, especially upstairs in the bar and in the dorm rooms. You don't feel like you're on top of one another. The kitchen could do with some more utensils and cooking gear, but otherwise a pretty decent hostel.

• 25th Nov 2014

I stayed for two nights. The 6 bed dorm was spacious the bathrooms are old but cle.an. Really good common area and outside terrace. Breakfast was good with tea and coffee available all day. Staff always helpful and friendly

Great breakfast, nice staff. Good hostel and so cheap!

First it's a very nice place to stay in. Pretty nice staff. The only problem I had is when I wanted to cancel a tour I booked for the next day and they charged me 50% of the value. When I bought the ticket nobody let me know about that neither sign on any thing. Anyway slept in a 6 beds dorm and it was very comfortable and clean. There are nice places where u can sit and relax, enjoy the sun... Nice breakfast, nice rooftop.. Have all kinds of tours to book from there and even bus tickets.

The hostel is nice enough, we got a very good value, and it was relatively clean. HOWEVER- I left my eye glasses in the room, and called them about 20 times trying to get ahold of them to come pick them up. A week later, they finally sent me a short email saying nothing was found. Obviously, my fault for leaving them, but they really should've had better customer service in trying to resolve the problem. Very disappointed in Mondoza Backpackers.

• 4th Oct 2014

v. noisy, not only because of the street but because of the music in reception and the lack of doors meaning that noise from ping pong and other guests carried a lot. breakfast was good, i was offered some even upon arriving and pastries and coffee is left out all day depending on how much is left over. at no point are you given a key to the building or room so have to depend on staff being there to let you in. Staff were happy to answer questions but not very outgoing, even to spanish speakers

Although it was really quiet in the hostel I enjoyed being here because of the friendly staff which were definitely helpful explaining a lot about the city and tours available. The atmosphere is really good in the hostel but it was very quiet so I cannot confirm how it is when it is busy. I had a 4 person room which was oke because I slept there in my own but maybe when sleeping with 4 people it might be a bit of the small side but don't botter since you won't stay in the room anyway (ge

The breakfasts are the highlight here. The kitchen is in a desperate need of supplies making it nearly impossible to cook. Some of the rooms are really tiny, so bit of the luck lf the draw. The staff are helpful, and the rooftop bar is nice. Overall, it's good for what you pay.

I had a great stay here!! The breakfast is really good, the staff really friendly and it's in a great, central location. The hostel offers lots of tours and activities too. The dorm I was in had its own bathroom which was a bonus. Just one complaint, the kitchen wasn't very well equipped or kept that clean. But otherwise, everything was good and.I'd highly recommend a stay here!

Staff didnt speak much English but were friendly. Dorm room never got cleaned, we were there for 3 nights. I was told the oven didnt work but it actually did.

A very simple hostel and good value. Well positioned not too far from the bus station. Staff very helpful and place clean. It is old and has character, and this can sometimes extend to basic showers and a very simple kitchen. The plumbing needs maintenance. In reality Mendoza is cheap and it's activities take you out of town often. This is a good hostel and I would stay here again.

Thanks for your comment. We hope you can be here again

very noisy because the room door can't close. The kitchen for cooking by self is very small, and nothing for cooking.. no plate.. tank.. The morning good breakfeast if you're the first.. after.. not sur at all.. b pas de casserole dans la cuisine ni rien pour cuisiner tout seul.. e t bruyant car la base des portes des dortoires n'est contitué de lattes ouvertes. Lits a etages tres tres haut.. 3 étages..!! bed are very hight.. 3 levels;; very difficult to climb..!!

In generral it is a good Hostel full of young people. Many options for breakfast, and friendly and helpfull staff. Internet works correctly and it is close to the main streets of the city.

Thanks for your comment