Mendoza Backpackers Reviews

San Lorenzo 19, Mendoza, Argentina

This a really fantastic hostel! Great atmosphere and super friendly staff who are always happy to help with tours etc. the showers are hot and the wifi works well pretty much everywhere. Only thing would be the bar could be better stocked. There is usually a social vibe in the evenings and I would def. stay again! Big shout out to Nico and Tom Cruise (... As promised)

Thank you very much! We are actually working on the bar so we can provide our guests the best drinks! Enjoy your travels!

My only complaint is that the sheets were very dirty and always came off the beds.

• 9th Jul 2015

Loved the breakfast although i prefer not to drink my coffee out of sterophorcups. The bathroomdoor in my dorm couldnt be looked and in the shared one, if i closed the toiletdoor... had a hard time to open it again. But stuff is nice and helpful, activitys i booked with them have been fun

Thanks for your review! We already fixed those doors. Glad you enjoyed it here!

As a recommended hostel from a friend i choose this one and it was a nice stay. The people there helped me with all my needs and gave me recommendations for laundry, tours and bus drive. As i was traveling by myself i hat some great talks with the stuff especially Juan who stayed all the night and cared about funny tourists after the wine tasting. The location is near the bus station so you can walk, not to far from the beautiful park and if you have a skateboard with you: wonderful.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay here!

Amazing location right in the middle of the city center. Staff was super friendly and helpful, especially Juan!!! Facilities were a little old but clean. Breakfast was so so. Ping pong table upstairs definitely a plus!

• 24th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your review! We'll keep on working on our breakfast!

we had an awesome time with you guys from the reception, juan, nico and yoel!

• 17th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Amazing staff! Would definitely stay again

Thank you very much for your review! We will be here for your comeback!

The common areas of the hostel are great but the kitchen is close to being nonexistent so you can´t really cook here. We had a four-bed room which was tiny, but otherwise fine. Unfortunately the receptionist was more concerned about partying with his friends than tending to the reception so at least three different groups (mine included) were unable to be buzzed in to the hostel at night and had to wait for other travellers to let them in. Also, the receptionist´s party was way too loud.

Great little place! The staff are very friendly and the location is exactly where you would want. However, the beds are not the most comfortable and the bedrooms lack more plug sockets. Saturday nights are fun if you want to party but not suggested if you want an early night as the night staff decided to invite his friends for beers and dancing until 4 in the morning. We had a good experience and I would go back again

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Gibraltar

The bathroom was disgusting. The toilets and showers were fludded and could not be used on our last day. There was a weird smell in the hallway. The room was ok, but the mattresses quite old and used. At the first night, the receptionist did not tune down the music until 2 o'clock. The breakfast was simple but ok, they had everythimg you needed except propper cutlery. We would not recommend this hostel.

• 1st Apr 2015

It was quite noisy (the guy at the reception used to listen to music very loud late at night, even if he was alone) and the kitchen was terrible. Small, dirty and not equipped at all, but the worst of all was the fridge. I usually don't really care about the cleanliness of the hostels, but seriously guys It's probably the most disgusting thing I've seen in my whole 7-months travel, I'm pretty sure some food was actually getting to life again... Good point: amazing breakfast

Guy at reception on night shift was very kind and helpful!But hostel was unpleasant ,not clean enough,EXTREMELY slow Internet,all the time need to ask key from your room at reception and after opening bringing back,it's so annoying!

Excellent hostel, the kitchen is just too small and undersupplied.

Wouldn't recommend. A few things stolen from my room. Both clothes and money.